Town Reject

Por RaeRee

Veronica Wilson has been bullied since she could remember because of her size. She is overweight and nobody l... Más

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Epilogue
City Reject (Book 2)

Chapter Twenty Three

413 18 3
Por RaeRee

Ryder POV

She has no idea how hard it is to stay away from her. These past few days have been f**king torture. Watching her leave my father's club house that day... I know I f**ked up bring up that shit that happened to her but I couldn't fucking help it. She drives me fucking insane and she has no idea. It took everything I had not to attack every fucking male in that damn club house that day. My father included. She may not know it but she has easily earned the respect of every single motherfucker in that MC. Every single one of them would easily drop everything if she ever needed help and it pissed me the fuck off. Yet the things she could do shocked the fuck out of me.

*flashback*

"Yo Ryder, some chicks here asking for you." Manu said while walking into the room. Who the fuck?... I got up and walked towards the door confused. I don't have the fucking time to deal with this shit. I need to find my fucking daughter! I know my fucking psycho ex took her. She's the only one stupid enough to take her. I just don't know how or where the fuck she went. I pulled the door open ready to yell at whoever the fuck was standing outside. My voice got caught in my throat in surprise. Veronica? What the fuck is she doing here? "What are you doing here? Leave." I growled while walking towards her. My breath hitched slightly when I noticed the clothes she was wearing. Tight pants, red shirt and a leather jacket. Fuck she's sexy. They way her legs looked in those fucking pants.

"What's going on Ryder?" She asked. I could see that damn smirk on her face and moved to close the door because I didn't want her involved in this shit. Not her. I couldn't handle it if anything happened to her. She can't be involved in this fucking life. She deserves better. I groaned quietly when she pushed past me and walked into the house. I followed her as she made her way towards the living room. I watched quietly as she looked around the room confused before spotting Mel. Pride filled me as I realised she wasn't scared. Just confused as to what the fuck was going on. "Mel? What's going on?" She asked drawing everyone's attention. She didn't even flinch as they all eyed her up and heat flooded my body. Fuck! I need to stop underestimating her.

I grabbed her arm trying to lead her away again. She may not be scared but that didn't mean shit to me. She can't be around them. She pulled away from me and kept looking around the room, trying to find someone. I knew who she was looked for and watched as her brows drew together and a small frown formed on her lips. "Where is she? Ryder where is Aria?" She growled while looking at me. Fierce eyes meet mine and I knew she was getting angry. You and me both Kitten. I sighed knowing she wasn't going to leave now and sat down on the chair I just left. I nodded my head towards the space next to me, asking her to sit down. She was tense and confused but came to sit down next to me anyway. I knew she had impressed my father by that slight smirk he had on his face.

"Who are you girl?" He sneered trying to get her attention. I had a feeling he did it more so she would look at him then any other reason. I watched as her eyes flashed to my father and surprised filled them. She eyed him carefully and then turned to look at me, checking if what she saw was real. She gave me a blank face and I smirked. Didn't take much for people to realise who my father was when they saw us together. "I asked you a question girl!" My old man growled, trying to get her attention back. I watched as anger flashed through her eyes as turned to glare at my father. "Good for you old man. Now you know how I felt when no one answered my question." She growled. A big goofy smile filled my face and I don't give a fuck who saw it. This girl! So fucking fearless.

I lost my smile instantly when I saw Dog stand up and start walking towards us. But I sure as fuck got it back when I saw my girl was about to stand up too. I moved quickly, grabbing her before she could do anything stupid. I saw my father nod to Dog and he sat back down. "Old man, this is my girl Veronica. Kitten, this is my father Tiny." I said trying to distract everyone in the room and explain to my father who this girl was to me. "Tiny? Stupid name. How is he tiny?" Veronica said. Oh shit. I chuckled unable to hold it back and Veronica looked at me confused. Realisation dawned on her and shrunk a little in embarrassment. "Whatever! Can you tell me where Aria is now?" She asked getting annoyed. Why does she care? "Why do you care?" I asked finally. I watched as confusion crossed her face. "Well the father may be an a**hole but I really do care about that little girl. Now tell me where she is!" She growled. I sighed in bliss. She likes Aria? That's good to know.

I kept quiet as I watched My Kitten look around the room. "Where is she?!" She asked again. "We don't know. Ryder dropped her off at her kindergarten this morning but Mel got a call from a teacher about 20 minutes ago, saying that someone came to pick Aria up. The teacher thought it was strange because she knew Aria only had Mel and Ryder as her family. Judging from the description the teacher gave, Aria's mother Adriana has got her. We are currently trying to figure out a way to find them." My old man finally answered. He gave me a knowing smirk and I gritted my teeth. I don't want her involved in this shit! Veronica tensed next to me before turning to glare at me.

"Go get me your laptop." She growled. I looked at her confused but still got up to do what she asked. I sighed as I entered my room and ran a hand through my hair. Fuck! I already know she has me wrapped around her little finger. Anything she wants, she'll get! I quickly found my laptop and unlocked it before going back to the living room. Veronica got up and grabbed it from me, before moving to the coffee table in the middle of the room. I turned around and went back to get the charger. Remembering it was going flat. I had everything set up and went to sit back on the couch. What's she doing?

I watched as random numbers and letters filled up the screen. Is she? Is she fucking hacking?! I didn't actually think I would meet someone who would be able to do that shit!!! She knows how to fucking hack computers?!! "What's the kindergarten called? Do they have any cameras?" She asked while typing away. "Little Raven. They have several cameras in and around the building. Why?" I asked confused. Is she really doing what I think she's doing?!! Come on! There's no fucking way?! Cute, innocent looking Veronica?! Fucking hacking?!!! She didn't answer my question but I didn't mind too much. I was too busy being amazed. She's fucking amazing?!! "What time was she taken?" She asked. "12:20 roughly." I answered again.

A small frown graced her lips and I wanted nothing more than to kiss it away. I gave my old man a wide eyed stare but he just raised his eyebrows to me. I shrugged in confusion. I don't know what the fuck she's doing. She kept typing away at my keyboard for another 10 minutes while everyone kept quiet. I've never seen these idiots being able to stay quiet for so long. It's like we all knew she was doing something important and we can't distract her.

My patience was starting to wear thin but I held on for my girl. She's trying to find my daughter. I have to believe that. She's not here trying to waste my time. "Ok they're still moving. They've got a bit of a head start on us because it's been an hour since Aria was taken but I'm tracking them now so we should be able to see where they go." She eventually said while still tapping away. My breath hitched and I stared at her surprised. I wasn't the only one. Nearly everyone in this room looked at her shocked. She fucking found my daughter?!!!

"How are you doing that?" I asked unable to help myself. She shrugged her shoulders. "My father taught me. I'm sending a link to your phone now so you can track them." She said. I quickly pulled out my phone when I heard it beep. I tapped on the message and it quickly diverted me to google maps. I sat quietly, watching as the blue dot on my screen kept moving slowly. "Send it to all of us." My old man said while giving his number. I kept silent as everyone started rattling off their numbers and their phones pinged a few seconds later. She's too fucking amazing! How the fuck am I meant to stay away from her now?! It was bad enough when she was cute and innocent... fucking now?! Jesus Christ! A few minutes later all our phones beeped and an address filled the screen.

I froze when I saw the address and looked towards my father. That stupid fucking bitch! She really took my daughter to fucking Storm?! Is she fucking stupid?! She knows we have fucking issues with them when they tried to take over some of our territory! Fuck! This just got a lot more complicated!! Soon everyone was standing as we all started to get ready to leave. Meaning time for Veronica to go home. I will never forget the shit she just did for me. Ever! But that still doesn't mean I want her in this fucking life. I watched as she stood to follow us as well.

"You're not coming." I growled. "I'll just follow behind you if you leave me here Ryder." She growled back while looking me dead in the eyes. Fuck! "It's too dangerous. You're staying here." I growled back. She has no fucking idea how crazy Storm can get. There's no way I'm letting her around that shit. She can glare at me all she wants. Not fucking happening! "I can take care of myself. I'm coming." She growled back. I sighed in annoyance and moved towards her. Unable to help myself I bent down and kissed her softly. God she's fucking delicious. I could eat her all day and still not be satisfied. "I won't be able to handle it if anything happens to you Kitten. I need to be able to focus on getting my daughter back and I can't do that if I'm worried about you. Stay here." I said softly. She pulled back slightly and looked up at me with determined eyes. Fuck! She's not going to listen. "I can take care of myself Ryder. I'm coming." She said finally.

I run a hand through my hair in annoyance and growled softly. "Fine! But you're going to listen to everything I tell you, do you hear me? If I tell you to stay somewhere and not move that's exactly what you're going to do! Do you understand me?" I said with a growl. I fought back a smile when I saw her stand at attention and salute me. "Sir. Yes sir." She said with a cheeky smile. I glared down at her softly before going outside to get my bike. I had locked it in the shed when I first arrived in town. It was too loud to ride in this quiet town. I ran a hand along the bike and slowly pushed it out of the shed. "Finally. A real bike." Veronica said. I looked towards her confused. "That's a cool bike and all but not a Harley." She said while pointing at my other bike.

I rolled my eyes to help distract me from the smile I wanted to give her. She prefers Harleys? Girl after my own heart. I grabbed the helmet and motioned Veronica over. I motioned for her to sit behind me and started my bike. My eyes watched Veronica closely as she heard my bike for the first time. Her eyes flashed in pleasure and I watched the shiver travel up her body. Fuck! She likes the sound of my bike? I shook the thought out of my head and helped her put it on before she got on my bike. I felt her arms wrap around me and shivered slightly. Fuck! I'm never letting another bitch on the back of my bike ever! It's hers. It'll always be hers. I don't care what anyone says. She'll be the only girl I'll ever have riding with me again.

I followed behind my father until we reached the club house. I waited while Veronica slowly climbed off my bike. "Welcome to The Devil's Clubhouse." I said with a smirk. She rolled her eyes and I say her legs bow slightly. I smirked slightly while she glared at me and started stretching her legs. My breath caught when I saw her bend over and touch her toes while keeping her legs straight. She's fucking flexible?! I quickly pulled her up and dragged her inside when I noticed a few of the guys staring at her ass. Fuck! I lead her towards the bar and walked inside, pausing at the door so she could look around. Her eyes held wonder and amusement as she looked around. Not the usual disgust that I've seen on a few girls faces. We sat down at a table with my olds, Dog, Angel and Mort.

I was surprised my old man was willing to talk while V and my mother where still here but I had a feeling it was more out of respect for V. She deserved to hear what was going to happen. I'm happy as fuck that she stayed quiet and let us men talk tho. She can hear but not participate. I don't give a fuck what anyway says, there's some things woman should just not have to talk about. While we were talking I noticed Veronica pull out my laptop from the bag she was holding. V eventually got up to help my mother cook dinner. I have no fucking clue what it was but damn it was delicious. We eventually heard back from Storm and confirmed the time to meet.

"You're not coming. You are going to stay right here and keep my mother company." I growled standing in front of Veronica. Not on your fucking life baby! There is no fucking way I'm letting her anywhere near those fucking psychopaths. She can bitch all she fucking wants! Not fucking happening!!! "I'm coming." She growled back at me. I felt my dick twitch when I saw the determination and anger in her eyes. She really wasn't scared of me? I shook the thoughts away and kept glaring down at her.

"You're not coming. I don't need you there distracting me." I growled. I saw heat flash in her eyes and fought back a groan. Fuck! "I'm coming." She growled again. So fucking stubborn! "I'm not taking a little girl just because she wants to play rescuer. You can't protect yourself and I'm not in the mood to lose my son while he tries to protect you. You are staying here and that's final." My old man growled in annoyance. Though I had a feeling he was enjoying every fucking second of this bullshit. She's not fucking coming!!!

V turned to glare at my old man and I smirked slightly. She's so fucking fearless. "This little girl can take care of herself. Your son does not need to protect me. Ryder you can either man the f*** up and get over it or I will make my own damn way to that sit down. Either way, I am going." She growled back. Pride filled my heart while I watched her yell at my old man. She really doesn't give a fuck who we are. You can tell by the way she moves. There's no hesitation. No nerves. No flinching at sudden movements. She honestly does not give a fuck that ever male in this place has a gun strapped to them and could easily kill her. Wait... does she know they have guns? I was tempted to ask but if she became scared because I brought that shit up... Fuck!

My old man narrowed his eyes V and I'm sure she thought it meant he was angry but she couldn't be more wrong. He was fighting back a smile and a look of pride. He fucking adored this girl! She had the balls to stand up for herself, the skills to hack anywhere by the looks and knowledge to know when not to push things. Though I'm having my doubts about that one. Sure she kept quiet while we were talking but now she's being fucking stubborn again! Wait... she can fucking hack things! Fuck! She'll just follow us! I know she will. She's that damn stubborn! I sighed and rubbed my head in annoyance. Fine! If she thinks she can handle this! Let's find the fuck out! I pulled out one of my baby's and did a quick check on it before turning it towards her.

"Here. You're going to need this then." I said while praying she wouldn't fucking take it. Come on, baby. Be good. Stay home. Heat went straight to my dick when I saw her smile up at me. Fuck! Please! Please don't say you have a fucking gun! Please baby! She turned slightly while lifting her clothes. "I've got my own." She said with a wide happy smile. I felt my jaw drop in surprise. I was too busy trying to calm my dick down to notice what everyone else thought of this scene. She knows how to fucking use guns as well?! Who the fuck is this girl?! How can she know how to do all this shit?!!!! "I am coming." She said finally.

I sighed in annoyance and turned to my old man. He gave me a slight nod and I looked down at V, nodding my head. Let's get this the fuck over with. The drive over was quiet as Veronica and I didn't make a single sound. My old man had some idea about what Storm is going to want from us and none of us were fucking happy about it. We know they've been after our ice for a while now but haven't been able to touch it. Now with my daughter at risk... fuck! That's stupid fucking bitch did this to me! What did I ever fucking see in that crazy bitch?! She used to be so innocent. Couldn't harm a fly but now look... she knew exactly what she was doing by taking my daughter to that fucking place!! She knew what this would cost me. What my old man was willing to do for his granddaughter. She knew it all and did it any fucking way! Fuck!!!

We finally arrived and I got out of the car. I told V that we would be putting all our guns down at a table near the door. She looked up at me and I shook my head no. Hoping she would understand. She gave me a quick nod and made no move to place her guns down. Fuck! How does she fucking understand this shit? Who the fuck is her father? When we get back after dealing with this shit, I'm going to get the fucking answers I want!! We walked inside and made a show of pulling out all our guns one by one. We only did this after seeing Storm doing the same opposite us. We all made our way towards a table in the middle of the room and my heart finally relaxed. There she is! My princess! I can't believe her idiot mother did this to her! I felt V breathe a sigh of relief when she saw her as well.

"Who's the sl*t?" Adrianna asked. I tensed and glared at her. The fuck she just say? Before I could say anything, Veronica reacted first. She made a show of looking around confused and I faught back a smile. "Ha! You must be looking in a mirror because I know you're not talking to me." She said while staring at Adrianna. Fuck! Baby! It's already hard enough trying not to attack you right now. You're fucking killing me here! We all stopped at the table and I watched the anger roll off Adrianna. Veronica turned to look at me. "What's with the psycho ex? She give good head or something? Because I don't understand how that's Aria's mother." She asked confusion and pity clear on her face. Surprise and happiness filled me as I watched her. She's amazing. How am I meant to keep away from this girl?? I didn't bother to reply because I knew I would piss myself laughing if I did.

Adriana screeched and I flinched. Jesus! Why did I ever think that shit used to be hot? Veronica frowned at her. "Mind taking it down a few octaves? I know a few of your clients like it when you squeak at them but I sure as hell don't. So bring it back down. Thank you." She said with an innocent smile. My breath hitched as I fought to contain my laugh and I noticed my old man and angel move slightly. Likely trying to hold back their laughter as well. "B**** has got a mouth on her. If she doesn't watch it, I'll have to teach her a lesson." Val growled. My eyes bored into his and my eyes flicked down towards Veronica's guns. Like fuck he going to talk about my girl like that!! But before I could say anything, Veronica surprised me yet again.

"And how you going to do that little man? By getting the bear to maul me?" Veronica asked without missing a beat. Ironic considering that's what that bear looking mans name was. Val glared at Veronica and I fought back the need to defend her again. "By bending that delicious body of yours over my knee and giving you a spanking like the little wh*re you are. I'll have you practically begging to be set free." Val's ugly voice said with a smirk. I felt Veronica shiver and screw her face up in disgust. "Yeah? Let's see how many fingers that hand of yours comes back with after it touches me. We'll see who will be begging then." Veronica growled back without moving her eyes away. So fucking fearless! "You're pushing your luck b****! If you threaten me again I'll blow your f**king head off." Val growled in warning. Veronica rolled her eyes and paid no further attention to the fool. Baby! I know you're not scared of anything but fuck! You can't just disregard him like that! He's a fucking psycho and will do whatever it takes to get revenge.

We all eventually sat down at the table so my old man and Tank, the leader of Storm could talk. I reached out towards Veronica and rubbed her back softly. "Calm down Kitten." I warned softly. I felt her tense at my touch but made no other objections to me touching her. "I'll calm the f*** down when I have that little girl back in my arms. Until then you can all suck d*** for all I care." Veronica growled in agitation and I smiled softly while wrapping an arm around her. She's so protective of Aria and she barely knows her. I can count on one hand how many times those two have meet and yet look! She's willing to do all this shit just to get her back. Just to make sure she's safe. And my daughter cares about her just as much! She would ask about Veronica everyday and everyday I have to make up excuses as to why she won't come over anymore. It breaks my heart to see my little girl sad but I couldn't be the one to drag Veronica into this bullshit. She deserves more then this life. Yet here she is, charging full steam ahead without any regard to her safety.

I turned as I noticed my daughter move. She had noticed Veronica and quickly ripped off the headphones she was wearing. "Nica!" Aria cried happily. Veronica gave her a wide smile which quickly dropped when she noticed Adrianna grab Aria to stop her from moving. Fuck! I forgot to tell Veronica that Adrianna was abusive. I felt Veronica tense when she realised what was happening. Don't misunderstand. I'm fucking furious right now but having Veronica in my arms is the only thing helping me keep my calm. I grabbed Veronica in surprise when I felt her tense up to attack Adrianna. Holy shit! Was she about to beat up Adrianna?! Fuck! I would pay good money to see that shit but now isn't the time or place for that.

I held onto Veronica to stop her from hurting herself and to stop me from reaching for her guns and shooting Adriana in the head. It was finally quiet and Aria had put her headphones back on to watch her show. "What do you want?" My Old Man asked even though we all knew what Tank wanted. "Your drug route." Tank responded and I tensed. Fuck! We really are going to lose it! I knew my old man wants to go legit but we're a long fucking way from that and we need the money from our ice to cover the other shit we have going on. "My drug route for Aria?" My old man confirmed. Tank nodded.

I was so busy focused on my old man and Tank, that I didn't notice what was going on with Veronica and Adrianna. It wasn't until I felt Veronica bend down that I turned to look at what was going on. Adrianna had her hand stretch out to touch me when a hunting knife was stabbed into the table just in front of her fingers. "Touch him b**** and you'll lose that f**king hand." Veronica growled before glaring at Val. "If you can't keep your b**** in line, I'll f**king do it for you." She growled, anger rolling off her in waves. My eyes widened when I noticed what she had done. Fuck! Pure bliss spread through my body and landed straight on my dick.

Fuck! She's just as crazy and protective of me as she is of Aria. This girl! I already know she's it for me. No one will ever be able to hold a candle to her. She's fucking it for me and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure she knows it too. My eyes stayed glued to her as I watched her hide the knife away before Aria could see it. Aria looked around confused but Veronica just smiled at her gently. Waiting for her to put the headphones back on. Adrianna kept her stupid hand where it was and kept looking towards Veronica shocked. The whole room had gone silent when the knife had been pulled out.

Shock coursed through me when Veronica turned towards Tank. "You aren't getting that drug route. I can give you however much money you want but you're not getting that route. I'm good with computers if you want more money or if you need something done. It's a one time thing only though. What do you want?" She told him. And fear pumped its way into my chest. Fuck! Baby! You don't make deals with these fucking people. Tank looked at Veronica and she kept her gaze firm and determined. That's my girl. So fucking fearless.

The room remained silent. "I want that drug route. If you can't do that then I want all the chargers against my men cleared." Tank said with a knowing smirk. Thinking she wouldn't be able to deliver. Veronica nodded. "Get me a laptop and a list of all the men you need me to clear the records for." She said without batting an eye. Tank looked confused but decided to play along with what I'm assuming he thinks is a game. Can she actually get them out? Fuck I have so many brothers I would love to see get out of fucking prison. I'll have to ask her if she could do the same thing for us. "Got any names to add?" Veronica asked while turning to look at my old man. No fucking way?! She was going to do that for us too?! Without any prompt or payment or nothing?!   My old man blinked in surprise before adding a list of his own.

Can she do it? Will she actually be able to get my brothers out of prison? Give Tank what he wants? Without us having to give up our ice? We can take my little girl home? All was quiet besides the constant tapping away on the keyboard. I have no fucking idea how long we waited but it felt like fucking forever. I couldn't make heads or tails of what the fuck she was doing on the computer but I could see her eyeing the list every so often and a few of my brothers names hit the screen. She eventually pulled out a phone and sent a message to someone. I didn't see the message or the name but had a feeling it was someone important.

My heart squeezed in surprise at what I saw next on the screen. She had opened a bank account and transferred money somewhere. Motherfucker?! Did that fucking say $15m?!!!!! My eyes flicked towards my old man and he looked just as shocked as I did. Jesus fucking Christ! I knew she was rich by the shit she had and that fucking house but not that fucking rich! She just transferred $15 million dollars to get my little girl back! FUCKING $15 MILLION DOLLARS! She didn't even bat an eyelid at that fucking price either! And me and my father were bitching about the 7 or 8 we would've lost giving up our ice. Jesus fucking Christ!

Eventually Veronica grabbed the list and looked at Tank. "I'm not doing those 3." She said while pointing at a few names. My heart clenched when I saw the names she was pointing too. Those motherfuckers deserve to rot in hell! Fucking disgusting fuckers. I'm glad she decided not to let them out. I noticed she hadn't pointed to any names on my old mans list and smirked. "You will do it or the deal is off." Tank growled. "I'm not releasing f**king child molesters and I don't give a f*** what you say about it." Veronica growled. "You will or the f**king deal is off." Tank growled getting angry. Veronica snorted before standing up and slamming the laptop onto the ground. She stomped on it repeatedly and I wondered who she was picturing while doing that. She eventually reached down and pull out a green looking chip thing and snapped it in half.

"There. I cleared every name on that list except those 3, now give her back." Veronica growled annoyed. Tank shook his head and frustration grew inside of me. "You can't prove that those records have been cleared and you didn't release them all so the deal is off. I now want that drug route." Tank growled. Is he fucking stupid?! She just spent $15 MILLION DOLLARS AND HE THINKS SHES LYING! Now I realise he has not idea what she was doing but fuck! Have some faith. Before I or my father could explain anything Spike interrupted. "Boss it's true. One of the boys just called me saying a pig showed up and removed his home d tracker. The pig said his record had been cleared by some judge and he has served his time. He still had 2 months of home d left." Spike said. Everyone's eyes flashed to the still standing Veronica.

"One time thing. I don't give a f*** what they did to get into prison but I don't release molesters. It's not on me if your guys break the law and get arrested again. You can either take what you got and give Aria back or I'll make sure that every single one of you are locked behind bars forever." She growled getting agitated again. So fucking protective. So fucking fearless. I stood up to stand next to her and smiled down at her softly. "I don't give a s*** what you did! My daughter is staying with me! Ryder, if you ever get tired of the fat b**** and want to see your daughter then call me. Otherwise I am taking my daughter home." Adriana growled while standing up.

I quickly reached out to grab Veronica before she could attack Adriana. Her sharp eyes turned towards me and I knew she was going to attack me next if I stopped her again. Baby no! That stupid bitch is not worth the damage your hands will take from hitting her. I know she thought I was protecting Adrianna when her eyes turned dark and she tensed up. She quickly turned her head when she heard Tank stand up. He picked up Aria quietly and walked towards us. Once he was standing in front of us, Veronica reached for Aria straight away. Aria smiled brightly and reached for Veronica as well. I felt Veronica finally relax when she had Aria in her arms.

My heart warmed when I saw Aria cling to her and quickly fall asleep in her arms. My daughter... she is only ever able to fall asleep in my arms. No one else's. We have tried to get other people to put her to sleep but unless it's me, she's not sleeping. She would wait up for hours till she saw me before she let anyone else put her to sleep. No one knew why. She didn't even allow my parents to put her to sleep. It could only ever be me. Only I could put her to sleep and yet here she is, falling asleep the second she was wrapped up in Veronica's arms. My old man noticed this as well and his eyes flashed with amusement.

Once Veronica heard her snoring softly, she just turned to leave. Not giving a fuck about anything else in the room. I followed behind her and paused to grab my guns before heading back into the truck. The drive back to the clubhouse was just as quiet save for Aria's quiet snoring. My eyes kept drifting back to Veronica but she was so focused on Aria she didn't notice. This girl... she didn't even need my help. She didn't need anything from me or my old man. She could've easily tracked down Aria and gotten her back all on her own. She didn't need me at all. She didn't need anyone at all and yet...

I remembered all the times she allowed me to protect her. All the times she gave way so I could lead the way. She was giving me more than I ever knew. She could've easily ruined my life for half the shit I did to her. The hot and cold shit I put her through just because I was unwilling to let my life ruin her. Yet look at her. Not only did she not fade away in my lifestyle, she fucking thrived in it! She was finally able to show off what she could. She was able to help everyone without anyone getting hurt. I don't think she realises how amazing she is. We would've never been able to find Aria so fast. It would've taken us a couple days to find where that stupid bitch took her. Our network is fast but not as fast as Veronica. She did in 1 hour what it would've taken us 2-3 days to figure out. Thanks to her finding Aria so fast, we were able to contact Storm before they could plan any type of trap. I'm sure Tank and Val are still surprised we found Aria so fucking fast and after seeing what Veronica did, I'm sure they've figured out how we did.

I'm going to have to keep an eye all the time now. Storm will hunt her down just to use her and I'll be dead before I see that shit happen. She will always be worth it though. Bright eyes flashed in my memory and realised they belong to Adrianna. Fuck! First loves fucking suck! How can I still have feelings for the bitch? Even now, after all this bullshit and the danger she put Aria through, I would still be willing to get back with her. My eyes flicked towards Veronica and frowned.

She deserves better.

*end of flashback*

I'm such an idiot. She did all of that for my daughter and yet the very next day I had ditched her. For what? Because she saw I was still in love with Adrianna?! Because she was unwilling to fight for me... how fucking wrong was that?! It took my mother sitting me down and explaining things to me from a woman's perspective, for me to realise how fucking wrong I was. It wasn't that V was unwilling to fight for me, it's more she was more willing to give up her happiness, to make sure I had everything I wanted. She saw it that day. When me, Adrianna and Aria were together. She knew that's what I wanted. So she stepped aside. She gave up and took the blame when I got mad. She allowed me to get angry at her, so I would go back to Adrianna. So I could play happy family.

It's fucking crazy. She spent $15 mil getting my daughter back and the second she saw me with my family she gave up. She was willing to do all that, spend all that money, show everyone what she was capable of and just walk away? I've never met anyone so fucking selfless. It's not just me either. She's done it for all her friends. I was talking to Hoani and Manaaki after she had left. Hoani pretty much explained everything that happened to her after the attack. How she was willing to become the person everyone hated, just so her friends didn't have to live with the guilt. She was fucking raped and almost beaten to death! Yet she was willing to hide all that, so none of her friends had to live with the guilt of failing her!

What the fuck is wrong with her? How can she be so fucking selfless?! How can she give up everything to make sure the people she cares about are happy? She deserves the fucking world and I'm going to give it to her. I was finally able to sort my shit out with Adrianna. That shit is dead now and will be forever. It wasn't so much Adrianna I was in love with. It was the idea of a happy family that I was in love with. She's still fucking crazy and wants us to still be together but that's not fucking happening. Watching Veronica that day at the clubhouse... how she was able to entrance every single one of those motherfuckers! Even that cold blooded fucker Angel turned soft when it came to her! She openly called him on all his insecure shit and he didn't even kill her. If anything they became fucking friends?! The last person to call Angel pretty is now six feet under with a whole in his head before he even had a chance to finish his sentence!

I also knew I had fucked up that day when all my brothers were shaking their head at me in pity. After she had left with her father and that serial killer looking man... My father started on me. "You're a fucking idiot. How you going to attack that poor girl after everything she did for you yesterday? I fucking hope she never forgives your stupid ass. Bringing up her attack? Didn't realise I was still raising a fucking child! After everything she did to get your daughter back, you threw it in her face the second you bought up that shit!" My fathers words playing in my head. He was right. I didn't fucking deserve her! But I sure as fuck hope she will forgive me. Not seeing her. Not being around her. Not having her smile at me. Not having her stand up to me. Just not having her was fucking driving me insane.

And there she was. Walking out of school and towards her car that I was currently leaning against. My bike was parked next to her car as usual. She saw me standing there and my heart warmed at the smile she gave me.

Fuck! I really don't deserve you, Kitten.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.7M 33.9K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...
65.4K 970 16
•Mature Content• [DISCLAIMER: This story is intended for a mature audience. Readers' discretion is advised] In the heart of a pulsating nightclub, Ve...
2.4M 81.6K 53
(Complete) After a terrible encounter at a party, one year later, Hailey Fonte is ready to return to her hometown. With everyone against her because...
1.2M 18.7K 60
Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework, but what if it's just a coverup? Ou...