adore you (abandoned)

By SeanKaycee8

Kaycee Rice, a new rising actress of the decade. Sean Lew, an international superstar. Once were lovers, only... More

author's note
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11

chapter 2

500 24 0
By SeanKaycee8

Guess what, its Friday again. It’s been two weeks since the baby project and a lot has changed. I was stress ball changing left and right with it, but good thing Sean’s there to help me with it, after all, he’s my partner.

Speaking of Sean, he changed. A good change, I must say. Though, he still hangs out with his friends. The change in him though is that he starts to hangouts with me like we use to be when we were 10. Such as watching TV shows, playing card games, sleepovers, and just other friend things.

I am currently backstage rehearsing my lines. Then I heard someone shout, “Kaycee Rice! On deck.” As I prepare myself on stage right, I wait for the lines to cue my entrance. 

While I start my lines, I notice a tall lad with jet-black hair with reading glasses on enter the auditorium.  He takes a seat on the far right, he winked at me and I can’t help but feel butterflies. Focus, Kaycee.

After the rehearsals, “Is that Kaycee Rice!?” I heard someone behind me exclaim. I turn around and saw him. I try to hide my smile and rolled my eyes.

“What are you doing here?” I asked

“Hello to you to Kaycee. I texted Laura that you’ll be home late. I wanted to bring you somewhere.” Sean said. 

“Are you kidnapping me!?” I said as I heard him laugh. Gosh, why do you have to be cute laughing? 

“Come on, let’s go.” he said as he get the duffel bag I carry and he slings it to his shoulder. I was not able to protest since I feel drained from the rehearsals. 

I didn’t notice that we already arrive at the place he was talking about. I guess I was asleep during the drive.

“Where are we?” I asked, fidgeting my fingers.

“May I?” he asked, as I notice him holding a clothed assuming to be a blindfold.

Woah! Where is this going!? I knew he’s going to sell me!? I’M NOT READY! Does Sean bring every girl here and do something nasty!? No Kaycee! Bad!  A bunch of thoughts runs thru my mind. I feel my heart's beating fast and the space gets tinier by the second.

“Uhm… Never mind then, just please close your eyes.”  Sean said.

“Sorry.. sorry... I-I’m just surprised.” I replied.

I turn around and let him blindfold me. I can hear the click of his door, then I heard my door open. I feel his hands carefully grab mine, just from his careful touch I feel so fragile. Stay calm Kaycee.

“I promise not to leave you, Kaycee. Well, not just in this situation but anything I promise not to leave you.” I heard Sean whispers to my ear. With this, my heart steadily beats from comfort.

As I feel the blindfold being removed, I slowly open my eyes (Why do I close my eyes even I’m blindfolded?) and see the beautiful sky turns into a night with the mix of pinks and oranges and buildings one by one turn its lights. I suddenly feel a soft brush against my cheek. Am I crying? 

“Thank you, Sean.” I whispered.

“What’s all of this for?” I asked.

“You deserve to know everything Kayc, sorry if I suddenly changed and left you.” Sean replied.

“I know it doesn’t make sense but I was simply tired, and always feel under pressure to always meet peoples’ expectations. I always go out and party because I thought that I’ll forget all of my problems. I left because I don’t want to be a burden to you. I know that you’ll also bring yourself down because I’m down.” Sean explained as I feel my eyes began to water.

“You don’t have to feel or say sorry, Kayc. I’m sorry because I changed and left you. I promise to be stronger for you, for us. Cuz’ Kayc, I never realize how difficult it is for you not to be there in my life. I now know that I want you to be a constant in my life.” Sean said while he caresses my face, and brush my tears away.

“Thank you Sean, th-thank you for telling me. I just hope you told me. I-I would be there for you.” I hugged him as I said.

“You would never be a burden to me. I may say that I can get sick of you, but it’s not true.” I said to light the mood. I heard him chuckle, and sway us while he caresses my hair.

The sounds of crickets, calming breeze, along with the twinkling stars we gaze while laying down on a checkered blanket that Sean brings. With the now empty containers that use to have tiger shrimp and fried rice that Sean also prepare. Our current scene makes me feel I’m in a different place.

“I know already said this for the past few minutes but thank you Sean, really. Everything right now is beautiful.” I said softly.

“You’re welcome Kayc.” Sean replied.

A few minutes later, the comforting silence was broken.

“Hey, Kayc…” I heard him said almost like a whisper.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“N-never mind…” he said.

“It’s ok Sean, what is it?” I said.

“Uh… I’m not going to be able… Uhm... I can’t go to the play next week.” Sean said. I can feel my face betray me with a frown.

“Oh…Uh…Ok…” I replied, trying not to sound disappointed.

The day of the play came, and I was sitting in front of my vanity.

“Hey girlie! What’s with that frown?” I heard Tahani said as she squeezed my shoulders.

“Wha? Oh… nothing” I replied, I didn’t realize that I spaced out.

“Cheer up girl! Tonight is your night! Come on, let’s see that smile.” Tahani said while smiling goofing-ly at the mirror in front of us. I giggled and smile.

“There’s that smile.” Tahani said hugging my side.

“Thanks, Tahani.” I said as I return the hug.

“Good luck out there.” She said.

“You too…” I said squeezing her.

 We bowed down to the thunderous applause from the audience with flowers thrown to the stage. The show is officially down as the curtains closed. Everyone celebrated and congratulated each other with the positive reaction from the audience.

As I went outside with Tahani, to meet our families and friends. Bailey rush to us and hugged us both.

“I’m so proud of you guys.” She said.

“Thanks Bails.” I replied.

“Oh.. by the way, you’re boyfriend’s waiting.” She said.

What? I giggled and said “What are you talking about? You know I don’t have one.” I replied, and she shrugged.

As I saw my family approach me, I hugged them, while they congratulate me. I was surprised to notice that Sean is standing behind my family holding a bouquet of sunflowers with his infamous smile on his face. After the hug from my family, I rush to him not noticing the tears that start to form in my eyes, and hug him.

He returned the hug, chuckle and said “What’s with the tears these days rice bowl?”

“You big liar.” I mumbled in his sweatshirt. He broke the hug and gives me the flowers.

I wipe my tears and punch his right shoulder. “Ouch… You’re welcome. I guess.” He said. I giggled and smile at him.

“Excuse me Ms. Rice, correct?” A man looking in its late 20s wearing a charcoal grey suit jacket, white dress shirt, and matching trousers questions me.

“Uhm.. Yes.” I replied.

“I’m Mr. Romero, from XYZ Studios.” He said as he hand out a calling card. I hesitantly took the card, and shake his hand.

“You’re a natural on stage. Please give us a call, if you’re open for an audition. We’ll be certainly lucky to have you.” He happily said and smile at me.

“Thank you, I’ll think about it.” I said and nod my head.

“Thank you Ms. Rice. Hope to see you soon.” He bid his farewell.

I turned to Sean and asked. “Do you think that it’s a scam?”

He laughed and said “I think you should do it.”

My family went to the Lew household, as my mom said that the Lews wish to celebrate the success of the performance with us and invite us over.

We were all seating in the long family dinner table with the great looking feast prepared by the Lews. Both sides were happily eating and catching up with them. I heard them laugh at what seems a joke from Sean’s dad.

“Kayc, are you ok?” I heard Bailey beside me ask. I nod my head and look at her with a look saying ‘I’m fine.’ 

“Do you want to say something Kayc?” My mom asked, as they turn their attention to me.

“Uh… there’s this agent that approached me a while ago.” I began slowly. I looked at Sean and he give me an encouraging smile to go on.

“He offered me to be audition at XYZ.” I continue, and smile at my mom. All of a sudden everyone cheered, congratulate, and encourage me to do it.

I giggled and smiled at them “Is it okay mom?” I asked.

“Oh sweetie, Why not? We’ll be here to support you.” She said.

“Wow girl! This is only just the beginning. I’m so happy for you.” Bailey hugged my side as she said.

After we finish dinner, both families play a game of charades.

“Paper! Snow! A ghost!” both me and Sean excitedly said.

Everyone laugh with us at our non sense answer. It’s really nice to be back like the old days. Just family and friends having fun.  The night went on with a bunch more wins for me, corny jokes from Sean’s father as well as mine and laughter.

We bid our farewells to the Lews with hugs and thanks, as my dad starts the car’s engine.

After we drop off Bailey at their house, I heard my mom said “I’m happy to see my baby girl happy again.”

As she smile at me at the rear view mirror.

“What do you mean mom? I’m always happy.” I said.

“You’re way happier now that Sean’s back.” She replied.

It’s a good thing that both Devon and Kylie are asleep so no one would tease me. I gently smiled at her back. 

“I hope to see that smile forever honey.” Dad said.

To be honest, I hope so too.

a/n: sorry for a lot of time skips, since this is just a flashback i'll be focusing on the highlights only. thank you for reading, don't forget to comment and vote. have a good day. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.8K 11
only exhaustion and it's heavy hand could restrain sean lew into the depths of sleep, and now sean was thinking kaycee rice could too. and as time p...
20.1K 794 13
STRONGLY ADVISE NOT TO READ THIS. ITS SHIT. |COMPLETED| Kaycee Rice is 16 and has a boyfriend named Sean Lew. They love each other so much. When kay...
32.4K 1K 22
Kaycee Rice a regular teenage girl that loves to dance falls for a boy... Sean Lew a regular teenage boy the loves to dance falls for a girl... Kayce...
29.4K 1.6K 34
'I'm never going to like him. Ever' A story where Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice send snappy remarks and and death glares at every shared moment. But wit...