The super meddlesome Aizawa-S...

By scatteredyellowbirds

Aizawa-sensei just can't keep poking his nose in the businesses of others and it gives him a lot more trouble... More

The curious case of Midoriya-kun
Bakugou-kun is annoying
The sickly civillian, Yagi Toshinori
Tomura is a child
Hidden potential, Hitoshi Shinso
Mirio Togata, teacher's pet?
Dabi needs a tutor.
All Might's secretary and All Might's workload
The problem with Shigaraki || Kurogiri is a fan of cats
Day before USJ

Katsuki knows some shame || Shoto Todoroki and the gardens of UA

284 33 13
By scatteredyellowbirds

// THURSDAY UPDATE WOOOOOOOH //

Bakugou Katsuki has never felt more like a fool than he did, entering UA as a student for the first time. How could he not? The man he repeatedly called Hobo and insulted for being poor- standing infront of the class, a smug grin as his eyes grazes on Bakugou. Oh that fucker, he definitely knew and made no move to correct Bakugou- just for this moment.

Embarrassing.

Even if no one else knows, the shame burns, how could it not? He can't even look at him in the eyes, his head always kept down in class. Now there's only one thing he can do. Be the best. But seriously- how embarrassing was that?! Calling the person- a pro hero, the one who holds whether you're expelled or not- a hobo, repeatedly. Bakugou even threatened him! Bakugou was a jerk but he wasn't an idiot, it would be a death sentence, he's lucky Aizawa doesn't seem to care much for those past deeds.

Katsuki entered a coffee shop, letting off a soft mutter of expletives when he sees his teacher seated on a table. He would go to any other coffee shop but they all have pansy drinks, double shot of espresso my ass, cheap ass fuckers keep diluting it. This is the only shop he can trust- it's annoying how it seems to be his teacher's go to as well early in the morning. He can feel eyes on him as he ordered and he made the mistake of making eye contact.

Fucker.

Bakugou got his drink and sat at his table.

"What's with the frown? You're usually happy to see me." Aizawa asked, as if he doesn't know the answer already. Bakugou can feel his ears burn.

"Good morning sensei." He greets.

"Formal." Katsuki bit his lip, oh does he want to have a go at him- if he wasn't his teacher he would- "you seem tense. Calm down. We weren't teacher-student before, I can't hold you accountable for something you said before entering UA."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Aizawa took a sip of his coffee, he looked comfy snuggled up in his scarves, "you did well. I was expecting you to explode during the first day yet you took the news rather calmly." He paused for a moment, as of thinking of what to say, "you're doing well. Keep it up."

"Of course." Katsuki clenched his fist as he drank his coffee as well, "you too."

"Oh? Do I meet your expectations?" He asked.

"I thought you'd be a lazy as fuck teacher." He growled, "proved me off my high horse." Aizawa seemed pleased.

"Thanks. I try."

"Mhm."

There was this blanket of silence over them, and Katsuki didn't seem to mind it much. If not provoked, Katsuki is usually a quiet person, and well. Aizawa definitely is a quiet person as well if it weren't for his nosey habits, the silence was comforting.

They both left the coffee shop, walking their way to UA. The blanket of silence followed them and Katsuki found himself closing his eyes instead, following his teacher's footsteps. Now that he was here, he wasn't sure what he was dreading about in the first place, the man had always been a little bit laidback, his tone only growing cold when Katsuki... with Deku.... perhaps he isn't off the hook completely but he knows he won't get in trouble until he actually causes trouble himself again.

His eyes snap open when he felt his teacher slowly pull him away from incoming traffic, his eyes widening at the speeding car he was just pulled away from.

"Try to walk with eyes open. Do you need more coffee?" Aizawa asked, a brow rose, Katsuki scowled.

"I can do that."

"Then do that instead of trying to walk through a green light. UA isn't even that way."

"I know."

"Of course you know, since you already opened your eyes." Katsuki scowled, Aizawa just shrugged at him as he continued to walk towards the school. Bakugou followed after him with a grumble, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"You might trip if you wear your pants that way." Aizawa comments as he stilled from walking, there seem to be a lot of reporters at the gate, Midnight and Mic seemingly trying to make them shoo away, "...." Aizawa glances at the high fence wall, the reporters, then Bakugou.

"I can handle myself." Bakugou says, Aizawa stares at him for a moment, but when he was about to grab him, Aizawa stilled when a familiar voice called out to him-

"EraserHead? Oh. I was waiting for you to arrive, who knew you'd be around here." Bakugou glanced at the teen who was speaking outloud in a gruff, gravely voice, pushing his way through the crowd and unto them, he had a smile on his face when he reached them and waved, "can you give me an autograph?"

"Tomura, what are you doing here?" He asked, his brow furrowed, taking the pen and paper Tomura gave him, he uncapped the pen with his teeth and kept the cap between them as he quickly gave his signature, then he pushes the pen back into the cap and hands him back the pen and paper.

"Wow. Cool. You gave me your dna too."

"No I didn't- what are you doing here?" He asked again, Bakugou wasn't sure why Aizawa seemed keen on getting an answer from this weirdo, his brow was furrowed, seemingly trying to analyze the teen who was just grinning at him wickedly while examining the cap of the pen, grazing his fingers against the slight marks of Aizawa's teeth.

"I came to get an autograph of my favorite hero. You're really cool, you know that? EraserHead. I didn't know I wanted a hero's signature until I met you. I wouldn't even have thought of asking All Might if I ever saw him. That's how cool you are."

"You've been saying that a lot." Aizawa huffed, before he pat the kid's head, "stay out of trouble, alright?"

"Heh. Anything for my favorite hero." The teen smiles at him, "I'll see you after class again. Bye bye." Aizawa rolls his eyes, before Bakugou can ask, the teen already left and Aizawa slugged him on his shoulder before he jumped up the fence, landing safely on the grass. Just as he did, the gate slams shut, metal barring the reporters for getting in further.

"Shota! You're here!" Mic exclaims, Aizawa dusts himself before putting Bakugou back down, the teen groans- "Bakugou?! You're here too?!"

"Yes." He snaps, Aizawa pats his head, quieting him down.

"Ran into him on the way here, we'll get to our class. Call me if there's any trouble." Mic gave him a thumbs up before Aizawa walks away into the building, Bakugou quickly followed after him, muttering expletives under his breathe.

Class proceeds as usual, except Aizawa enters before Katsuki so Aizawa declares him late- for a second. His face was so blank Katsuki thought he was serious, if Aizawa hadn't said that it was a joke after a moment of silence from Katsuki's blank, wide eyed stare, he would've never gotten it- he glares at his classmates at they snickered and he got to his seat.

Homeroom ends and class proceeds as usual, they had lunch time- nothing much happened, really. Except there was a class vote on president and Vice President. Katsuki voted for the tall dude with glasses since he really didn't want to be the one interacting behind the scenes, and since Aizawa could see their votes, it somehow doesn't feel right submitting his own name to the pool. When he handed in his vote in the ballot, Aizawa's eyes glowered a bit, he seemed pleased but he didn't really comment on it.

Weirdo. Eitherway, that happened.

It was end of the classes, he got out a little late since he went to the teacher's room first. He wasn't really sure why he went there in the first place, peeking in, his eyes trail around, Mic greets him and he quickly leaves. He sighed before he went out,

He felt his body freeze when he saw someone on the gates.

It was that same guy as earlier. He noticed Bakugou as well so it seems, but he didn't freeze, oh no. His face let out a grin and he waved at him. Katsuki isn't sure why but a shiver went up his spine, he bit his lip before he marched forward, only stopping when he's infront of him.

"You're that kid with Aizawa." He says in acknowledgment.

"And you're that freaky weirdo who asked for an autograph."

"Your memory serves you well." He says with a smile, as if pleased, "let's be friends." He let his hand out, wide and open, ready for a handshake, Bakugou felt a twinge of annoyance as he walked past him.

He looked back every now and then on his way home, he doesn't see that wicked grin anymore but it still manages to send shivers up his spine, fucking freak.

The next day, Katsuki goes early to get coffee, and as expected, Aizawa was there. They seemed to have arrived at the same time.

"Good morning, sensei." Katsuki gruffs.

"Good morning." Aizawa replies, before he goes in, Katsuki follows after him and they have a cup of coffee. Just some idle chatter over a cup of coffee.

"What did that guy- Tomura do with you after school?" Katsuki asked.

"Not much. I helped him do some grocery shopping then dropped him off to his... home. That's all that happened."

"Nephew or something?"

"...." Aizawa doesn't reply, Bakugou takes it as a no, "he's a good kid despite his appearances. Try not to judge him too much, you might run into him every now and then."

"....I'll be on my best behavior."

===========================

UA has a garden. There wasn't really a gardening club- well there was. Around 14 years ago. Aizawa would be 16 at around those times. It wasn't that he wanted to start a club, one of his friends found a seedling that they decided to plant and it went down hill from there, apparently all the other kids thought it was cool and started planting plants on UA grounds.

The part they planted stuff in was kind of barren so the school didn't mind, it might lighten up the place a little bit. Although everyone planted their seed, Aizawa was the only one left out since he took a nap after his friend planted his. He woke Aizawa up afterwards and gave him one as well with a big grin, Aizawa stares at it before coming over and planting a seed next to the one his friend planted, who immediately complained as it may cause problems later on but Aizawa just ignored him. His fault for giving him the seed.

Then no one seemed to be watering them.

Aizawa wasn't sure what's the point of everyone planting seeds when they weren't watering it so he did just that, he watered them- just as he was finished, everyone came by with their watering cans, ready to water them.

Oops.

They all had a good laugh out of it but Aizawa, worried that some will end up forgetting, just said that he'll water them all, and that they can help with weeding and fertilizing.

It's been awhile since then. A garden of flowers, roses, carnations, osmanthus's, sumires, tulips.... and two intertwined trees. Somehow they ended up like that, it isn't that tall, only 10 years of age but together, they look quite thick. It's a popular selfie spots for students, some stools and benches even placed so students can hang around if they want. There's a clear rule on not messing with the flowers so no one has been up to any mischief.

There's also a rumor that Aizawa takes care of the flowers himself. Spoiler alert, he does. Along with Mic and Midnight, of course there's a professional crew that comes every now and then but if it's watering.... Aizawa's still up to that task even after all these years.

Shoto Todoroki is in said gardens right now.

He was on his way to class after lunch when he heard soft meows from outside. He peered out to the windows in the hall, staring at the cats disappear in greenery.

Shoto went off, it's just one class. He wants to see. He goes down stairs and runs into the gardens, as he thought, he saw cats. He followed after them, listening well to their rustling- until he ended up here.

"Todoroki. Don't you have class right now?" Aizawa asked, crouched down, white watering can with a simplistic cat design plastered on held, the water poured gently from it and unto the soil of the roses that were a deep red color. It seemed a little worn, more of a yellow hue than a cool white blue.

"I saw some cats, I wanted to check." Shoto says, eyeing the cat that was rubbing up against Aizawa's legs- and the couple others around and near.

"....They're strays. I made the mistake of feeding them and now they come by everyday. They're well behaved." Shoto didn't ask but he's not complaining, what a happy tidbit of information, "you should get to class. If you run you should be able to catch it. If you want to see the cats maybe come by after class instead."

Shoto nods, and then he leaves.

He comes by after class and spends half an hour just staring at them before he left.

Tomorrow, the next day, Shoto buys a boxed lunch from the cafeteria and comes down to eat lunch in the gardens. It was fairly quiet. He ended up only eating the rice, it was seasoned with seaweed so it wasn't that bad. All the sausages, egg rolls, and meat went to the cats that were pawing and meowing at him. How could he resist? Although his face was cold and stoic, his heart was big and full and nothing makes it beat like a cat gently rubbing its head on his hand.

They all left after they finished eating though, so his heart felt a little bit empty afterwards.

"Todoroki." Aizawa greets, carrying the same watering can as before.

"Sensei."

"It'll take a bit to get back to your class if you eat here, that's why it's not advised."

"But not disallowed, am I right?"

"....Yes."

"Then I'll eat here." Shoto nods, although his bento was already finished.

"I see. Can I bother you a bit then?" Shoto raises his brow, then he covers the empty bento and nods. Aizawa leaves, and Shoto watches him. He comes back with another watering can, it has a print of a chicken on it, a cuckoo or something, it was odd, "do you mind helping me? Usually Hizashi helps me but he's working on a pile of work since he lazed off yesterday."

"Oh." Shoto replies, taking the watering can from him. Since his bento got finished off quite quick there should still be twenty minutes or something before the bell rings. He should be fine, he stands up and follows after Aizawa, making work to water the flowers.

It becomes sort of a routine. Lunch stretches on for too long, he eats too quick and spends the rest of lunch watering flowers with Aizawa. Not that he minds, his teacher likes peace and quiet like he does. It seems that cats tend to come out whether or not Shoto has food if Aizawa was around. The only sound around was of leaves rusting, the sound of water trickling off their cans, and soft meows and purrs, honestly? Shoto wouldn't trade it for the world even though they've only been doing this for about a week.

Today though, Aizawa didn't come.

Shoto, just as nosey as his teacher yet not realizing it, runs off to look for him after he watered the plants. He stills from the corner of the hallway, Ah. It seems that his father is here, glaring down at his teacher.

"Aizawa. Where is Shoto?" Enji asks, looming over Aizawa, who just gives him a blank stare.

"Is there a reason why you're looking for him?"

"Yes."

"...."

"...."

"....You know, you have to give me a valid reason. I can't just pull your son off from class just because you want to talk."

"Then I will go to him myself, tell me where his classroom is."

"Endeavor-san, why don't you just call him? That way he can give an excuse to the teacher instead."

"No. He doesn't answer my calls."

"Endeavor-san. If he doesn't answer your calls then clearly he doesn't want to talk to you.Kindly buzz off and stop disturbing us. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to-" Aizawa's mouth was covered by a big palm.

"E-Endeavor! Long time no see!" All Might laughed, Endeavor's face that was a second away from twisting into anger instead looked uncomfortable, "is there anything you need?! You can ask me!" He laughed again. And, well.

Endeavor would probably rather die than ask All Might something so he quickly left after that. Aizawa pulled All Might's hand off his mouth.

"You should've let me speak. He deserves to hear it." Aizawa huffed, annoyed, his brow furrowed.

"Now now, Endeavor is still a parent of a student, let's not be too rash-"

"Well maybe he should act like it." Aizawa snaps back, before he sighs, "I'm gonna get coffee. Don't bother me."

All Might just laughed and followed after him.

Huh.

Shoto felt his left side flicker a bit, his teacher drove off his father? Just like that? They can do that?

He closes his eyes.

So cool.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

green smog By dev

Fanfiction

1M 43.7K 78
After the USJ attack Nezu decided to bring someone in for extra security measures. -------------------- "Aizawa-sensei who is he?" "Your new babysitt...
2.4K 62 8
Aizawa finds out that your boyfriend has been abusing you. What is he going to do? "She's my girlfriend, you can't take her away from me"
170K 6.5K 43
𝙮𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙤 𝙭 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙣 𝙖𝙪 Katsuki Bakugo can't stand you. You're too annoying, too pretty, too likeable, too pop...
15.8K 604 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...