Endure and Survive (Sequel to...

By MoonPrismPower_92

After the events in 'How We Live Now', a noticeable change has come of Kari. She no longer cares what happens... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 22

19 1 0
By MoonPrismPower_92

I placed my backpack in the back of one of the cars and went over to the front. Daryl was putting some things in the truck.

"You need help?" I asked.

"I'm just about done," he said.

"So, this Big Spot, do you think that the walkers have cleared out by now?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," he said.

"There should be less of them than there was," Sasha came over and said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"I put a boom box on the roof about three days ago," she said with a smile.

"You serious?" I asked.

"Yup. Went out there a couple of days after we spotted it," she said.

"It took three car batteries," Glenn came over and said.

"Hey, Glenn. Maggie isn't coming?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked.

"Uh, sure," I said.

We went over to the side of the truck.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"I didn't want Maggie coming," he said.

"Glenn, you know that she's capable of taking care of herself, right?" I asked.

"I know. It's not about that," he said.

"Well then what's it about?" I asked.

"We're not sure if she's pregnant," he said.

My eyes widened.

"I thought the two of you had slowed down. But I mean I guess being married allows you guys to do it more often," I said.

"Kari!" he chuckled.

I looked at him.

"Will you focus?" he asked.

"Sorry. And what do you mean you're not sure?" I asked.

"She's late," he said.

"Is a baby something that you don't want?" I asked, getting serious.

"How could we bring a baby into this? After everything we've been through? After Lori?" he said.

"Glenn, have you told her any of this?" I asked.

"Not yet," he said.

"Then you need to talk to her when we get back. You guys need to tell each other what's on your mind. That's what marriage is, you know," he said.

"I know but...I can't help feel that maybe she wants this," he said.

"If she does, then you guys have to figure that out together," I said.

"Would you be okay with having a baby in this world?" he asked.

I sighed.

"Well, I mean first I'd need to find someone to put a baby into me," I said.

He then looked over to Daryl. I followed his gaze and smacked his arm.

"Ow! What?" he asked.

"You are just like Maggie and Beth," I said.

"Well the sexual tension is clearly there," he said.

I scoffed.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that," I said.

"You didn't answer my question," he said.

"We're in a safe place. We're well guarded. There's no one getting in or out of this place without us knowing. I think I'd be okay with having a child knowing all that," I said.

He sighed.

"I'm just afraid to lose her," he said.

I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"We'll do everything we can to not let that happen," I said.

"You guys ready?" Daryl called to us.

"We'll be right over," I said.

"You okay?" I asked Glenn, noticing how worried he looked.

"Not really. But I will be. Thanks, Kari," he said.

I leaned over and hugged him.

"Let's head out," I said.

Glenn and I got into a car while Daryl got on his bike. Zack, Bob and Tyreese had joined us. Glenn and I got into a car with Zack and Michonne while Sasha, Ty and Bob were in the other. The fences were opened and we were off. Since Zack was here with us, I saw the opportunity to grill him about Beth.

"So, Zack. What are your intentions with Beth?" I asked, getting right to the point.

He looked at me then to Glenn.

"Don't look at him. I'm the one asking the question," I said.

"Kari," Glenn started.

"Glenn," I warned.

"Well?" I pushed.

"Uh...Well, I really like her," Zack said.

"Enough to have sex with her?" I asked.

"Kari," Glenn said again.

"Glenn, I have the right as her sister to know what this young man's intentions are. If you interrupt me again, I'm gonna have to put my hand over your mouth to make sure you don't say anything else," I said.

He looked back at me and then went silent.

"Answer the question, Zack," I said.

"I would never...uh do anything to disrespect her," he said.

"Why'd you hesitate?" I asked.

"I-I didn't," he stuttered.

"Would you push her to do something she didn't want to do?" I asked.

"Of course not. Never," he said.

I looked at him. He was rubbing his hands on his jeans. He was nervous. That was a good thing.

"Just know that if you ever do anything to hurt her, I will not hesitate to kill the hell out of you. Do you understand?" I threatened.

His eyes grew wide and he nodded quickly. I looked at Michonne through the rearview mirror. She was trying her best to keep her laughter in. I looked back to Zack.

"Relax, kid. I'm just messing with you. I wouldn't kill you," I said, nudging him on the arm.

Michonne then started to laugh.

"You're so mean," Glenn said.

"I was bored. Leave me alone. But seriously, Zack. If you ever do anything to hurt her I'll kick your ass," I said.

"You got it, ma'am," he said. "Good," I said.

A few minutes later, we were at the Big Spot. We all got out of our cars and gathered the things we needed.

"You messing with the kid?" Daryl came up and asked me when we were ready to head in.

I looked over at Glenn.

"Blabber mouth," I said.

"Serves you right," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why you giving him shit for?" Daryl asked.

"He's with Beth. It's not my fault that I feel somewhat protective of her," I said.

He just shook his head and walked over to the fence that separated us from the store. Everyone gathered by it.

"The military used this place as a FEMA station. That's who had overrun the place," Daryl said.

There were tents set up and it was easy to see that this place had fallen a long time ago.

"I don't think they all left," I said.

"Me either. But the ones that roamed around the parking lot should be long gone by now. Take a listen," Sasha said.

We all went silent and could hear the faint sound of music being played.

"Nice. Let's get a move on," I said.

We moved through the break between the fences and made our way to the front of the store. Zack, Daryl, Michonne and I went and took a seat by one of the windows. Daryl banged on one of them a couple of times and then waited.

"Give it a second," he said.

"Alright, I've got it," Zack said after a few seconds.

"You got what?" I asked.

"I've been trying to guess what it was that Daryl did before the end of the world. He's been allowing me to guess every time we go on a run," he replied.

"Alright. Let's hear it, then," Daryl said.

Zack looked at him.

"A homicide detective," he said confidently.

Michonne then started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Daryl asked.

"Nothing. It makes perfect sense," she said, still smiling.

"And you? What do you think?" Daryl asked me.

"Detective Dixon does have a nice ring to it," I said.

"Well, he's right," he said.

I tried my best to keep from laughing. He was teasing the kid and I knew it.

"Wait, seriously?" Zack asked.

"Yeah. But I don't like to talk about it cause of all the heavy shit that went down," Daryl said with a smirk.

"Okay. Haha. Good one. I'll just have to keep guessing," Zack said.

"Yeah, you keep doing that," Daryl said.

"I'd give up if I were you, kid," I said.

There was then the sound of the growls we all had been so used to by now.

"Well there they are," Michonne said.

We got to work clearing the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 121 9
When Lunette Sallow gets thrown into a world overrun by the walking dead, she finds that she is able to find her place there. Never truly belonging i...
3K 153 21
Death like a door, To a place we've never been before - Would you live forever, never die? While everything around passes? When the going gets to...
14.7K 700 37
Daryl Dixon x Reader DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE WALKING DEAD OR ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY OWN MY CHARACTERS AND SOME OF THE PLOT AND DIALOUG I MAKE U...
429K 8.2K 75
" This isn't the beginning. It's the end to all things." When the dead risen to eat the living, Kayla Grimes found herself in the middle of survivin...