A Witch's Life For Me

By Th3R3ad3rWh0Writ3s

Annabeth thought she was going to live just like any other average muggle. Until she woke up from a 12 month... More

Chapter 1
A/N

Chapter 2

221 16 4
By Th3R3ad3rWh0Writ3s

I breathed a sigh of relief as I stepped into my home for the first time in a year. It smelled like polished wood mixed with the elves amazing cooking. It smelled like home.

I took the bag Aunt Bella had packed for me with clothes and stuff up to my room to put away. When I came downstairs I was met by hushed whispers and the door to the office locked.

Knowing it was none of my business, I went into the kitchen to watch the elves make dinner and say hi to all of them.

<<<<<<<<<<<

Bellatrix pov

Shortly after Anna went up to her room there was a knock on the door. I opened it to be met by the face of none other that Albus Dumbledore.

"Ah, Bellatrix, may I come in?" He asked.

"Oh! Of course, but may I ask, why are you here?" I questioned.

"I understand that your niece has just woken up from a coma." He said.

"Yes, just yesterday."

"I believe that this coma may have awakened some magical abilities."

"Perhaps we should talk about this in the study." I suggested.

"Of course."

Once we were in the study I locked the door.

"So, as I was saying, I believe the coma has awakened magical abilities." He restated once we were situated.

"How though?"

"I cannot be certain, but seeing as she is a pure blood, there is magic in her. It, however, has not been useable, it's been almost asleep. It's as if it weren't there at all. There have been many circumstances where this has happened, and I believe this could be another, we will be monitoring her for any signs that this may have happened and she gained her powers." He explained.

"Is that all?" I asked, trying to process what I was just told.

"Well, her father."

"What about him?" I asked.

"Bellatrix, surely you have heard the news of his escape?" He said.

I sighed "Of course, who hasn't."

"If she doesn't have magical abilities, I believe it is safer for her to go Hogwarts. I'm sure you'd rather continue with her homeschooling, and think she's safer here with you, but don't you think this will be one of the first places he'll come if he's looking for her?"

"Hogwarts is known as the safest place in the world." I sighed.

"The ministry is also sending dementors for extra protection." He said, not sounding particularly happy about this fact.

"It's a good idea, while also being a horrible one." I said.

"Indeed it is." He agreed.

"Well, Albus, I assume I'll be hearing from you?" I said standing up.

"Hopefully, yes." He agreed, also standing.

"I'll walk you to the door."

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Anna pov

While I was visiting the elves, Aunt Bella called for me.

"Yes Aunt Bella?!" I shouted back.

"Come here and help me set the table!" She answered.

Naturally I went and help. As we were doing so, I noticed there were only two place settings and the dinning room table was considerably smaller.

"Where's Uncle Rodolphus?" I questioned.

My aunt stiffened.

"He's gone." She said, however, she didn't sound particularly upset.

"Like... dead? Or like... on a business trip?" I questioned further.

"He's finally been carted off to Azkaban." She said it as if it was a reason to celebrate.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Your uncle did many many horrible, beyond horrible things during the first wizarding war and after." She explained.

"He killed and tortured so many people." She further explained.

"Why did you let him stay?" I asked.

"You and I would probably be dead right now if I hadn't." She said puling me in for a hug.

"Oh." I muttered hugging her back.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It had been two weeks since I came home from the hospital, and strange things kept happening to me.

*flashback*

Aunt Bella had left the plate fringe chocolate cookies we had been eating while we watched television in the sitting room.

I went to fetch it and bring it to the kitchen to be washed as I thought it would be rude to make the elves do it. I walked in the room to pick it up but before I could even touch it, it shattered.

*flashback #2*

I was sitting in the library reading as one does often. I had just finished a book and got up to look for another to start. As I was browsing through the shelves about a dozen books pulled themselves out of the bookcases and stacked themselves on the table.

*flashback 3*

I was helping Aunt Bella set the table for dinner and I dropped a fork. The fork levitated itself up and onto the table in the correct position.

*real time*

The first few times these things happened Aunt Bella didn't see them. However, she did see the fork incident. She hasn't left my side since, and she has seen many other peculiar incidents as well.

<<<<<<<<<

We had just sat down to eat lunch when someone knocked on the front door.

"I'll go get it." My aunt said.

I got up and followed her to the door. She opened it, and there stood the long bearded man I had always hoped to see behind a podium at school. Albus Dumbledore.

"Albus, please come in." Aunt Bella said with a smile.

"Let's go to the sitting room. I'll have Cindy bring us some cookies." She said.

Not moments after we had settled in the sitting room, my aunt and I on one couch and Dumbledore on the other, did one of my favorite house elves come in with a platter of cookies.

"Why are you here?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

Dumbledore chuckled.

"Well Annabeth, I'd like to invite you to my school, Hogwarts." He said.

"Why?" I questioned.

"To learn magic of course!" He explained.

"But I don't have magic, I-I'm not magical."

"I know you believed yourself a squib, but the coma you just recently awoke from has awakened the magic inside you." He said calmly. "I'm sure you have noticed the strange things happening around you."

I nodded.

"Most witches and wizards see these things when they are younger, around seven or eight. However, there have been occurrences where a traumatic experience awakens the magic that was believed to be nonexistent." He continued.

"So, I'm a witch?" I asked hopefully.

"Indeed you are." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"You will take the normal third year classes and you will also take additional classes with me to make up on the stuff you missed. Here is your supply list and we hope to see you on September first." He said, Handing me a paper before leaving.

<<<<<<<<<
I hope this clears some things up for people. I'd just like to add that in this story Bellatrix is a death eater, but was forced into it by her husband. She didn't take part in the torturing of the Longbottoms either. She is a good person who was in a bad position.

I hope you like this chapter! Let me know what you think!

<3
Anna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.4K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
2.7M 67.3K 123
Imagines and Oneshots from the Harry Potter Universe โœงโ‚Šโบ Draco Malfoy, Mattheo Riddle, Theodore Nott, Lorenzo Berkshire, Pansy Parkinson, Tom Riddle...
817K 32.8K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.9M 83.2K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC