𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃 ━ pansy...

By charIieweasley

when all of hell is loose, two girls find comfort in each other and realize how much more they can still ga... More

𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃
i. hogwarts notice
ii. train rides
iii. hat's warning
iv. best friends!
vi. wiztag fun
vii. repeating rabbits
viii. the plan to steal

v. negative points

1.3K 92 522
By charIieweasley

CHAPTER FIVE:
( negative points )

*・゚

             VENUS KNOWS THAT THE Slytherin girl finds her insufferable— alright, maybe not that annoying, but tiresome the least. Truth be told, it does not bother that some people might find her insane, lunatic, etc... she takes a pride in that fact. She knows some of what she does makes others laugh and honestly that is all she wishes for. Being the best poet there is— yes, the best!— she knows it just has to be fate when in Muggle Studies she sits right beside Pansy Parkinson and Seamus. Unfortunately, Zabini most likely figured that if surrounding himself between the girl and Malfoy she will not sit with him. He stands correct, but even so, Venus goes beside Parkinson instead. The Slytherin scowls for a few moments before realizing that will not make her leave (correct, again!).

             "Hey, Pansy!" Venus greets enthusiastically, waving her hand in front of her face. The Slytherin girl huffs in annoyance before briefly waving at her (and honestly Venus takes that as a win) to get her to shut up. It appears that luck is in Parkinson's side because their new Muggle Studies professor enters with a cruel smile.

             Venus immediately silences and glares, letting her eyes trail after the professor. Everyone in the room silenced right away that they could hear the leaves moving and the sound of breathing from everyone around them. Her eyes harden when Professor Carrow turns to them with a wicked grin on her face.

             "You must have heard that Professor Burbage has resigned from Muggle Studies," the woman starts off with the same cold tone as ever. She struts between the students with her wand visible on her hand clearly ready to probably curse them if they say anything wrong. Venus would not be surprise. Resigned? Venus scoffs internally and leans back on her seat. This whole room no longer holds the artifacts muggles tend to use on a daily routine. It is completely dark and there are posters of dead people on the wall. Gruesome and most likely traumatizing to those first years having to take this class as well. It seems almost like every seventh year is present in this last class despite their house differences. "I assure you this class will be completely different than it how it used to be."

             "Worse by the looks of it," Venus mumbles to herself. She is glad to find only Parkinson heard her words, but does not say anything to bring attention toward them. Instead, the Slytherin gives her a sharp look as if warning her not to get herself fin trouble. Huh, Venus smiles to herself, part of her cares.

             Professor Carrow turns to the students with a suspicious look on her eye. Every one of them either hold in their breaths while making eye contact with her, or have a look of void. Venus does neither and simply stares at her in boredom. "Who here likes muggles?"

             Venus knows this is a trick question. She debates whether on raising her hand or not. Thankfully, before she makes her decision, Professor Carrow moves along.

             "Muggles are like animals," the woman begins with her vicious words. Venus deepens her glare and takes a look around the room. Many of them do not seem to agree with her, have a look of fear, perhaps do agree with her, or are like Blaise and possibly do not show any relevant emotion. Professor Carrow stares at them like if she is daring anyone to disagree with her. "Stupid and dirty," she continues.

             "Don't be so rude to yourself," Venus mutters under her breath. Shit, she realizes when her eyes meet Seamus and notices his own widen in fear. She definitely said that aloud, didn't she? Venus takes a quick glimpse at the older woman and spots her narrowed eyes. Her lips purse into a thin line to stop herself from speaking any further unless talked to. Professor Carrow makes her way toward her and places her wand on her desk with it facing right at Venus. She can hear audible gasps coming from around her, but all she does is stare at the woman straight in the eyes.

             Professor Carrow hums in acknowledgement and nods. "Miss Thomas, I never specified that you can speak, correct?"

             Using that as her advantage, Venus simply stays quiet. The older woman glares at her and moves her wand closer to her chest. "Correct?" She snarls demandingly.

             "I apologize. I tried to fix my mistake, you see, since you told me you never specified I could speak," Venus answers right away. She glances down at the wand right in front of her feeling her chest rapidly go up and down in fear. Still, she knows it will only make the Death Eater prouder if she shows even an ounce of it. Professor Carrow exhales angrily before stating, "Well, then, share to the class what you said under your breath, Miss Gryffindor."

             Venus clenches her jaw. "Firstly, it's Thomas. Not Miss 'Gryffindor' since I am not a descendant of Godric Gryffindor," she corrects smartly, her back straightening urging the wand to deepen in her chest. She swears she hears Seamus pray to Merlin that she does not die in front of her. Venus takes a look around her classmates that she has been with for seven years now. Many of them are staring at her in awe or fearful for her life— possibly both at the same time. "Secondly, I simply said that you should not be so rude to yourself, Professor. It is not your place to call yourself stupid or dirty— not anyone's place, actually."

             "How dare you speak to me that way?" Professor Carrow gasps, her hand clutching onto her wand furiously. "It should not surprise me coming from a daughter of a squib—"

             "Tell me, Professor, does my mother somehow still have more magic blood than you seeing as she came from two pureblooded wizards or are you questioning it because one of your parents is a half-blood—" Venus does not finish her words as the woman slaps her with her wand. The Gryffindor girl closes her eyes, feeling the pain in her cheek while everyone else just gasp in horror. Her hand reaches up her cheek and notices the dark fluid in her fingers. Fortunately, she can feel that the cut is not too deep to leave a scar. Quite honestly, that's good because she thinks her face is rather beautiful.

             The Death Eater is trembling with anger right at the start of class. She exhales threateningly before repointing the wand at Venus. "One hundred points from Gryffindor. Detention... with me. Tonight. Eight o'clock sharp, Miss Thomas. If you are late, you will regret it. If you don't come, you will regret that too. A young woman like you should be taught respect and order," Professor Carrow taunts, bending down to stare at her right in the eye.

             Respect must be earned and order has limits, Venus thinks to herself. She does not voice them aloud knowing she is already in deep shit. It is the first day of classes and she has already antagonize the Deputy Headmistress and Headmaster. After the woman moves away from her desk and turns around, Venus lets out a shaky breath. Her eyes wander to Seamus who is frowning and gazing at her in concern, his lips parting clearly wanting to intervene. Venus shakes her head sharply not wanting anyone to get hurt.

             Even if that leaves her to suffer.

             From her other side, Parkinson is staring at her curiously. Not in anger, not in fear, but pure curiosity. When the Slytherin is extra sure that the professor is not staring at them, she takes out a clean napkin (okay, so, she is always prepared!) and hands it to the Gryffindor. Venus raises her eyebrows in surprise before sending her a thankful smile and dabbing the clean substance in her small cut.

             The rest of the class time, everyone is suspiciously quiet while they continue to listen to Professor Carrow speak pure nonsense about muggles just to vilify them. All Venus does is stare down at the bloodied napkin wondering exactly how the fuck she just lost negative 100 points from Gryffindor. And two detentions in the first week? Seems likely the Weasleys really do have competition now.

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

             "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING me?" Lizette growls in anger, pinching Venus's cheeks together and moves her head to the left side. Her wand is raised up and within seconds, the small cut in her face vanishes. Venus hisses at how tight her best friend grabbed her face but does not complain knowing all she will receive in response is a 'that's for being stupid' speech. Talk about having your mother go to school with you— and Lizette is not even her mother!

             Seamus and Tiberius, at the loudness of Lizette's voice, sends Venus an apologetic glance. Among them all, Neville, Ginny, Lavender Brown, and even Cormac McLaggen are sitting across from the small group. The young redhead is staring at the curly-haired girl in pity and anger while Neville seems like he is admiring her actions. Venus... she is regretting talking back to the Carrow woman because of how Lizette keeps pestering her.

             "Sorry?" She apologizes unsurely. Lizette closes her eyes and takes a deep breath as if to calm down and not murder the girl beside her. When she reopens them, Venus notices the sadness in them and guilt stirs her up for worrying her friend. She does not regret it, truth be told, but she knows it is something that her friends do not like seeing.

             "No, you're not sorry," Lizette sighs, positioning herself comfortably next to her. The smaller girl gently pats her head and allows for her to lay on her lap. Venus does as told and lets her gaze fall to the rest of her friends.

             "You're right, I'm not sorry for my actions, but I am sorry that all of you worry about me," Venus adds in agreement. She stretches out her legs which land on Seamus's lap (her stomach is on Tiberius's). Seamus fiddles with his own hands before admitting, "I promised Dean I wouldn't let you get hurt, V."

             Venus frowns at his confession. She stares at him with a short smile. "You're not letting anything happen to me, Seamus. I'm doing it myself," she assures firmly. "Plus, my cousin should realize who he is referring to. I never listen to him."

             Small chuckles erupts in the room until it slowly fades away in thought. All the seventh year Gryffindor students (along with Ty) are huddled up together because they are all they have. Only seven of them are left with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Parvati, and Dean gone. That is why Venus knows to continue annoying Zabini and by the looks of it, Parkinson as well. One day she will get through their tough barrier protecting them from reality and she hopes it will be before the war gets even nastier.

             "Hey," Neville quietly starts off. Venus turns her head to the side to stare at him questioningly. Everyone else follows her move. The former shy housemate of hers shifts uncomfortably before making eye contact which each and every one of them. Venus jumps off from her place knowing by the look that he has that it will be serious. As always (duh), she stands correct. "I know the DA deformed..."

             From the side, Cormac scrunches up his nose and repeats under his breath, 'DA?'. No one else pays him any attention since every other of them had been a part of Dumbledore's Army back in their fifth-year with Harry as their leader. Venus quizzically stares at Neville wondering where he is going at this. Specifically, why he is staring at her in a way that means he wants her involved? She does not know yet but something is telling her she will most likely say yes.

             "But I think it should start up again," Neville continues, switching from looking at Ginny to Venus again. Venus widens her eyes in surprise before waiting for him to continue expanding on his idea. "We rebel against the new authority. At night, sneak out and do small doses of rebellions to not get caught. Defy their orders— though, of course, if you don't want to get hurt then do it sneakily. If Harry ever returns, that is when we revolt."

             Everyone apart from Ginny and Venus seem unsure of the idea. Venus nods her head with encouragement. "I don't see a problem with it. Though, he's right if you don't want to be injured then it is best to find different ways to rebel," Venus agrees, shrugging slightly at the sharp look from Lizette. Neville smiles at her words and clears his throat to gain her attention.

             "About that... I was wondering if you and I could be the main ones. And not like the group leader," Neville eyes the rest of his friends unsurely, "but today in class you defied them straight to their face. The highest type of rebellion. Everyone else can work on their own type like helping first-years, tagging around the castle... you and I can be the main of attention?"

             "You guys can't be serious!" Lizette gapes her mouth wide open at them. She frowns at the whole deal clearly finding it insane. "I appreciate what you want to do, Neville, but I don't want Venus to now have a reason to act like if she has a death wish!"

             Venus gasps at her accusation before staying silent for some seconds. Okay, she is not entirely wrong. With all the ideas on her head, she definitely had planned to do some stuff on her own. "Well, I don't have a death wish, but I do have a goal on giving others 'hope', Lizette. I did not run away like Dean, but I forced my parents to let me come. If Neville agrees to it, then we'll do it," Venus states firmly, leaning back on her seat before almost toppling over. She grasps onto Seamus's arm as to catch herself from falling.

             Lavender stares at her unsurely along with Cormac (her words may have gone to waste because of how she made a fool of herself) before Tiberius nods his head a few seconds later. Everyone glances at the only Hufflepuff boy in the common room with a surprise look. He shyly smiles before shrugging. "Cedric was a mentor to me when I was younger. He was brave but above all he was kind. I don't want to not do anything to disregard his memory that Hufflepuffs can be brave too," Tiberius admits.

             Cormac raises his eyebrows in surprise at his brother's words before slowly nodding. Venus, despite not liking Cormac, knows that her housemate truly does love his brother above all. Which means in this case that Cormac is willing to join (even though he was not even a part of it anymore). Seamus claps his hands together loudly and lets out a sigh. "Ah, fuck it. Dean never told me to stay out of stupid ideas," Seamus announces, smiling toward Venus in assurance.

             Lizette and Lavender share a look of uncertainty and while the auburn-haired girl clearly seems against the whole idea, she also knows their vote will not be able to make them change their mind. The smaller girl lets her eyes wander to Venus and she eyes her for some time before nodding.

             "I'm gonna regret this," she sighs, staring at Lavender and motioning to do so as well. Lavender nods in agreement knowing her words are far from wrong.

             Lavender frowns while staring at Neville. "Is it just going to be us?" She questions with a doubtful tone.

             While Neville looks unsure, Venus simply grins. "Oh, come on, guys. We have our DA coin to alert the others if we do not have a chance to speak with them. Plus, I have been trying to befriend Zabini—"

             "You've what?" Ginny interrupts for the first time, her face crinkled up in disbelief. There is uncertainly written all over her expression as if Venus is mental for even trying to talk to the Slytherins. Being overly done with the stupid rivalry between the two houses, Venus rolls her eyes and nods in agreement to her own words. Ginny tilts her head confusedly. "But... why?"

             "Look, I'm thinking not all Slytherins are evil, alright? Zabini is quite smart on his own since he simply has more brains that Crabbe and Goyle, while Parkinson—" Venus is cut off by Cormac letting out a loud laugh. She glares at her friend's twin brother and points her wand to get him to shut up. Unfortunately, that does not work since she does not jinx him.

             "Parkinson? You're joking," Cormac scoffs, shaking his head disappointedly.

             "Oh, I'll show you a joke—"

             Tiberius widens his eyes while noticing Venus get ready to jinx his brother and he steps in. "Both of you calm down. Venus, I'm sorry for my brother, but I mean... Parkinson and Zabini? Parkinson hated Hermione with a passion while Zabini cares about his looks. No offense to him," Tiberius adds in quietly.

             Venus huffs in annoyances and crosses her arms. "I'll prove you all wrong," she announces determinedly. Seamus makes a face of what seems like settled agreement while Neville simply nods awkwardly.

             "So, Dumbledore's Army?" He questions again to make sure.

             "Dumbledore's Army," every other seventh-year repeats. Venus takes out her coin and holds it up. With a simple message done in the coin, the rebellion begins. And thus, so does Venus's unfortunate detention.

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

             APPARENTLY, PROFESSOR CARROW STRICTLY demanded for one of the Slytherin students to take her to her office. Venus is not sure how to react when Draco Malfoy stood in front of her with a blank expression that she can somewhat decipher. His eyes appear older and exhausted as if he aged ten years despite still being seventeen. Venus pities him. She is not sure of his situation, but he also does not seem thrilled to the idea like both Carrows are or every other Death Eater at school. Hell, Venus realizes, he doesn't even look glad like Crabbe and Goyle.

             The two of them are awfully quiet walking beside each other. Well, Malfoy has his hand wrap around her arm which she just ignores. He is not holding her too tight and it seems like he wants to be anywhere except there. Venus gives him an awkward smile while all he does is stare away like if he does not deserve to even be looked at.

             So, yes, Venus pities him despite all of what he has done in his prior years.

             "Er, nice weather, huh?" Venus starts off a random conversation not enjoying the complete silence between them. Malfoy narrows his eyes and briefly glances at her. Then, he takes a look around the room and that is when Venus remembers that they are not even outside. She facepalms internally before grinning at him nonchalantly. "Reckon the question still works despite being inside," she corrects herself.

             Malfoy glares at her for merely two seconds. "Are you trying to get my guard down, Thomas? I assure you that will not work," he growls out angrily and suspiciously.

             Venus frowns at his cold tone before choosing to stick with a kind smile. "Friendly conversation, Malfoy. I think it's for beginners," she answers uncaringly. Her steps stop short at the familiar office for Professor Carrow. The smile on her face drops and even the boy beside her stiffens at the reminder of where he is to take her.

             "I suggest not angering her, or her brother, any further, Thomas," Malfoy warns quietly after their sudden change of environment. Venus gulps recognizing his warning to be a peace offering more than anything. If a boy like him already involved in the Dark Arts is afraid of those in the same side as him, then where does that leave her?

             "Thanks," she lets out breathlessly before entering the office. The room is completely dark with no ounce of light passing through. She feels a cold dread of fear pass through her spine before she shakes it off and notices Professor Carrow sitting behind her desk. Upon noticing her, the woman stands up and lights up her wand. Venus forces herself not to snark why she doesn't turn on some lights herself or if that is too much of a muggle style. She already angered her enough this whole day.

             "Ah, the dirt lover," Professor Carrow hisses, smiling wickedly to show her awfully sharp teeth. Venus, again, forces herself not to say something about fixing them with those muggle teeth doctors. What were they called? Oh, right! Dentists. The older woman takes out a bloodied box and a quill is unpleasantly visible in her view. Venus clenches her jaw recognizing what it is immediately. It reminds her of her fifth-year Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Dolores Umbridge, a Ministry worker who hates kids possibly more than You-Know-Who hates muggles. She use to give detentions and make students write lines with a blood quill. It surprises her that this Death Eater is using the same thing and not something darker. "You will use this quill to write 'dirt lover' one hundred times. All numbered up and everything," she snarls demandingly.

             Venus takes the quill and sits down in front of her. With a parchment readied up to write down the words, she stares at it numbly. Should she listen to Carrow's words? Or should she not? Knowing either way she will have to write these words on her skin, Venus glares at the woman before writing down only three words down repeatedly.

             Fuck Death Eaters!

             The curly-haired girl repeats the three words (including the exclamation point) exactly one hundred times to the point where her hand is completely numb and covered in blood. Venus bites back her tongue as she stares at the complete masterpiece of her work. She stands up from her seat and heads toward the woman with her head chin up. The parchment is dripping blood onto the floor and Venus hands the paper over. She waits a few seconds before noticing the sudden rage appear in the woman's eyes.

             However, Professor Carrow does not snap and kill her right at the moment. Instead, she stares up at Venus with the coldest eyes to ever exist. "I hope you know, Miss Thomas, that by the end of the year, you will wish you ended up dead," Professor Carrow threatens lowly, grabbing the parchment and then ripping it into shreds. She glances down at her scarred hand. "You may think you have done yourself a point, but soon enough those letters will dig deep into your skin making you wish you can cut off your hand."

             "Thank you for the warning," Venus replies blankly. Not wanting to see her anger rise any more, the Gryffindor girl turns away from the woman and stomps out of the classroom.

             She lets those painful tears escape her once she knows she is away from the classroom and away from her own dorms. Those three words in her hand is those she completely agrees with. Fuck Death Eaters, fûck Death Eaters, FUCK DEATH EATERS! Her clean hand rubs her eyes momentarily before she sighs deeply and gets rid of her own tears.

             Only a couple more months to go.

▂✫⌒*・゚

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
damn bro what's up w me torturing my
babies?!?!??? i have nothing against them
really !! one of them just has an evil sister
and the other has to deal with death eaters ❤️

on another note, i just realized while i want
venus to be the sorta comedic relief, in order
for that to happen she's gonna get hurt 💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 186 12
We are soulmates, cursed with misfortune in this lifetime. How many more lives to I have to endure to be with you? „I love you and I'll find you aga...
1M 32K 64
A Harry Potter AU in which a budding romance occurs between Pansy Parkinson and Hermione Granger after Pansy decides to go after the thought-to-be-st...
726K 21.3K 93
❝ IT'S YOU, DRACO IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU❞ ↳ [HOGWARTS - GOLDEN TRIO] [DRACO MALFOY / SNAPE'S DAUGHTER] (s. - sep 2014) (f. - ongoing)
1.2K 45 11
Pansy Parkinson has vowed to help Draco fix the Vanishing Cabinet. All hope is lost until she stumbles across an intriguing mirror that will connect...