Collecting Polaroids |Slowbur...

By footyholic

"The stars." "What about them?" he asked, raising a perfect eyebrow, stepping closer. I took a step back with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 16

393 18 8
By footyholic

Isla's POV

My phone buzzed beside me as I layed on the floor, watching the birds sit on the ledge. I sighed, putting my phone on do not disturb. The sun had just risen, casting a morning glow on the city as it began to awaken. The honking of cars and revving of motors could be heard in the distance. The Eiffel Tower glittered in the view in front of me. 

Two little birds chirped on the ledge of the balcony, fluttering their wings every now and then. I got up, stretching my very sore limbs. Spending the night on the balcony wasn't the smartest idea. I dusted off my leggings and shirt before making my way slowly towards the birds. I knew these types of birds were familiar with humans. Marleen had taught me that. If you were careful, they would let you get close to them. 

"Hi," I smiled, crouching to eye level. The bird turned to stare at me, letting out a chirp. I cupped my hand out to it, holding my breath. The bird pecked at my fingers making me flinch. After a moment, it hopped into my outstretched hand. I gasped in surprise - they usually didn't come to me. 

"Look at you," I grinned, whispering softly. I gently touched its head. I was honestly so shocked because the bird simply sat in my hand, letting me touch it. 

The sound of a door sliding open startled the bird, making it fly away along with its companion. I growled in frustration, turning to look at the culprit. 

Elliot stood wearing just black jeans... shirtless. Water dripped from his hair that draped over his eyebrows. I turned on my heels and walked into my room, leaving him to stare after me. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I walked into the main cafeteria hall which I rarely ate in. Lucas had texted me, asking me to join him for breakfast. Luckily, I had woken up quite early today so I could make it. 

"Hey," I smiled, sliding into a seat across from Lucas. 

"Hola," he grinned, looking up from his phone. 

"Do you usually wake up this early?" I asked, taking off my sweater. It was a cold morning in contrast to the daytime weather. 

"Yeah, I'm an early bird," he replied in Spanish and I nodded. "I got you coffee," he said, pushing a Starbucks cup towards me. 

"Oh my gosh, you know me so well," I laughed, taking a sip. I wasn't very picky about what coffee I drank, as long as it was coffee. We sat and chatted for a bit before getting up to get breakfast. I chose a pain au chocolat while Lucas went for a buttered croissant. 

"I'm a kid at heart," I chuckled, looking at my chocolatey breakfast. 

"I can tell," Lucas laughed, his eyes twinkling in amusement. 

"So, do you have any hobbies?"

"Not really," he shrugged, "But I like playing football, I have a guitar-"

"You have a guitar?" I interrupted, my eyes widening. 

"Yes," he nodded, "Do you play?"

"Yeah," I nodded vigorously, "I love playing guitar."

"Great, you can teach me because I'm shit at it," Lucas laughed. 

"You have it with you?"

"Yes, it's in my room. Wanna see it?"

"If it's okay with you," I said quietly, bouncing my knee in excitement. 

"Let's go," he said, standing up and offering me a hand. I took it, a smile on my face. 

"I haven't seen my guitar in a month and I'm starting to miss it," I joked as we walked hand in hand towards his room. 

"Wait here," he said, hurring up the stairs to his room. Girls weren't allowed in the boys hall and Lucas was still a member, not a counselor. 

He was  back in less than 3 minutes and took my hand once again as he led me across the street. 

"Where are you taking me?" I giggled as we ran across the street. 

"We can sit here," he said, laying out a blanket he had brought on the grass under a tree. It was nice that our living area was directly across from a grassy park. I looked around and noticed that a lot of the kids from the camp were hanging out in the area. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Yeah so you move your hand back and forth, up and down the strings," I instructed, placing his fingers on the right chords. 

"Like this?" he asked, playing a few. 

"Yea-"

"Hey look, Lucas is playing his guitar," a kid about 14 or 15 called, waving all his friends over. 

"Bonjour Julian," Lucas greeted, giving him a fist-bump. 

"Who's your friend?" another kid asked, his hair a bright blonde. 

"This is Isla, she's teaching me how to play."

By now several other people had come around us. I spotted Linette and Mathieu walking across the grass. I shouted their names and waved them over as Lucas chatted with his hallmates. 

"Hey chica," Linette greeted, a bright smile on her face. My eyes trailed down to her hands intertwined with Mathieus. She blushed as I wiggled my eyebrows at her. 

"Hey pipsqueak," I teased, poking her cheek as she sat beside me. Mathieu let out a laugh when he heard me use that nickname. 

"I hate it when you call me that," she mumbled, glaring at me. 

"Where are the rest?"

"Elliot's making his way over here," Linette smirked, focusing her vision on two tall figures walking towards us. 

"And Saskia and Yann?" I asked, rolling my eyes. 

"There," she pointed, making me turn to look to the left. I made eye contact with her and she waved excitedly. 

"Isla, can you play something?" Lucas asked, bringing my attention back to him. 

"Um," I hesitated, looking around at the crowd of at least 30 people. 

"Go Isla!" I heard Saskia cheer, making my cheeks burn. 

"Fine," I sighed, taking Lucas' guitar into my lap. "But Linette you're singing."

"Wait what?" she asked, suddenly sitting upright. 

"You heard me."

I handed her my phone with the lyrics. She had listened to the song a few days back so I was hoping she remembered the melody. 

"Ready?"

She nodded, gesturing for me to start. 

I adjusted the capo before letting out a deep breath. A warm hand was placed on my knee, the heat seeping through my jeans. I looked up at Lucas who gave me a reassuring smile. Here goes nothing. 

(Song up there^)

I've been holding my breath
I've been counting to ten
Over something you said
I've been holding back tears
While you're throwing back beers
I'm alone in bed

You know I, I'm afraid of change
Guess that's why we stay the same

...

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - 

Third person's POV

Elliot stood behind the crowd, his height allowing him to see over everyone's heads. 

"You know her?" his companion asked, a slimy smile appearing on his face. Elliot narrowed his eyes, clenching his jaw. 

"No."

"Sure looks like you do," the man prodded. "Don't  blame you mate, she's fine."

"Fuck off," Elliot growled, fisting his hands. His body took a threatening stance over the shorter male.

"Just saying," the man grinned, holding his hands up in surrender. "Better be careful." 

With that, he walked away, limping as he crossed the grass. Elliot turned back to face the crowd, breathing heavily. Anger bubbled in him as he watched that boy, Luke? Yeah Luke. He put his hand on Isla's knee. Elliot didn't like that at all. Little boys didn't get to touch what Elliot wanted. He was pathetic, Isla deserved better. 

The smile on Isla's face as she played the guitar warmed his heart. 

"Fuck," he muttered, running a hand through his hair. This girl was messing with his emotions and it wasn't good. He needed to let his anger out. Turning swiftly, Elliot stormed off towards his car, escaping through the crowd. As he neared his car, he heard the clapping and cheering as Isla and Linette finished their performance.  The crowd dispersed and he could see Isla's head moving around as her eyes searched the area. When they landed on him, her eyes clouded with confusion.

Isla said a quick goodbye to her friends before hurrying across the street. She wanted to talk to Elliot. 

"Elliot!" she called, breaking into a jog as he got into his car. He had seen her running for sure, but he wasn't waiting around. By the time she had reached the parking spot, Elliot had already vanished. Leaving Isla to stand there helplessly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 13.7K 33
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„ π‚πŽππ“π„ππ“, 18+] Eric Calloway, the rich badboy, meets Liliana Mendes, the good girl at a party, before senior year. He notices he...
1.8K 76 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
2.8K 411 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
238K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...