His Illiterate Wife

By QudrahAdam

Isn't It Strange For A Husband To Deny His Wife In Public though He Loves Her immensely? This is a book abou... More

chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter
chapter nine
chapter ten
Chapter Twenty Nine
QN
WRITTING CLASS

chapter one

1.9K 187 9
By QudrahAdam

Safeeya's pov

"Safeeya!" He yelled my name so loudly, that I knew he wanted something. maybe he had lost his hoodie or even his towel.

"Yes Humaid, I am coming" I yelled while rounding up the work which I had in the kitchen.

I dropped the soup from the gas and placed it on the island, after doing all that, I made my way to him. He was sitting on the couch in the living room, he didn't look like he needed my help.

"Yes Humaid, what do you need?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted-" He said, he had a sly smile on his face, a mischievous one that a person gets when they are about to do something stupid.

"What?" I asked, my Hausa intonation was very clear, I hate it whenever I speak like that, but it is part of me I can never lose.

"You," he said, I raised my left eyebrow in confusion.

"What do you need me for?" I was so confused, he was acting very weird.

"Well I wanted to watch a movie with you, the 3d movie which I had promised to watch with you," he said, I chuckled.

"Oh, you got the movie?" I asked, I sat down next to him.

"Yes I did, so common let's go to the bedroom and watch it. it's a very interesting Korean movie," he said, we took calm strides over to the bedroom. Our house happens to be a two-bedroom bungalow, it is very conducive to live in and I love it.

"Your hands feel so soft" He chuckled.

"Yes, I have been using that thing you got me, what do they call it again?" I was trying so hard to remember the name of the cream he got me last week, after complaining that my palms were too rough for a lady's.

"Shea butter," He said while opening the door to the bedroom, I facepalmed myself, the name was so easy to remember, yet I forgot.

"Oh yeah, Shea butter" Sometimes I wished I could do away with this horrible Hausa accent of mine. I wish I could speak so audibly like alhanislam. a poet and a motivational speaker on Instagram whom Adeelah my Friend once told me about, I wish I was her.

"That's it," He said, he had inserted the DVD in the decoder.

"Jumong?" I questioned feeling quite bored already, he nodded.

"Yeah, I didn't watch the last episode where his grandson was the one taking the rule" Humaid sat on the couch next to me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I don't actually like war films so I am going to sleep, as it is, it's almost time for Isha (Islamic obligatory prayer)" I said while checking the time on my phone.

"Why? please watch it with me " he tried to pout, I laughed, he looked very ugly doing that, but it didn't suit him one bit.

"I need to sleep wallahi," I said while standing up on my feet.

"Okay then, goodnight, I'll be here till midnight. I need to watch the film till the end" He said while adjusting the pillows on the couch.

"Okay then, bye, but don't forget to pray Isha," I said and he nodded.

"Goodnight," I said before making my way toward the stairs. I walked slowly with the thought of my life invading my heart.

Two years ago I was a village girl whose mum sold kosai (beans cake) as a means of earning, but with the Arrival of Aunty Zarah, Humaid's mother, everything changed, my life changed.

Aunty Sarah adored my behavior and the fact that I could speak fluent English and also write without going to school. I didn't attend school like most people my age because Baba, my father, believed that it was a waste of money. Indeed, it wasn't easy watching my friends go to school, I had to sit at home all day and do nothing helpful but run errands. Being a curious person, I begged my friend Iman, who had the opportunity to go to school to teach me, she thought me a lot, and that is why I'm able to read and write today.

Aunty Sarah on the other hand came with a proposal to me to get married to her son, Humaid. who had liked me from the very first day he set his eyes on me.

And thankfully, I also had a liking for him just like many girls in the village did back then. Humaid was a handsome and charming young man who could sweep a girl off her feet with just his smile, many girls wanted him but he chose me and here I am, happily married to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 376 25
There are two different heart shades that's white and black .When the two heart shades meet they repel so white can only go with white and black can...
702 138 16
Meet fareedah Muhammad ,who lived with her grandmother after the death of her parents. since the day she lost her parents she was betrothed To her c...
My twin By Aseeya

Fanfiction

146K 19.4K 37
My twin... Asmau and husna are very identical twins that even their parents can't differentiate them. They are the daughters of general omar faruk, t...
3.3K 256 16
Top rankings #1 in Abuja #3 in loveanddeath #8 in love and friendship .....Farida Suleiman is your average Nigerian hausa girl. Very jovial, nice an...