Apathetic Demon slayer (KNY/D...

nerd_who_draws_ tarafından

A boy ran through the heavily snowed in forest, panting heavily. His lungs were burning. His heart was poundi... Daha Fazla

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII

XI

4.8K 174 200
nerd_who_draws_ tarafından

"What are you doing?!" Inosuke barked and pointed at Tanjiro.  

"Burying the dead, of course" he replied calmly. "You should help, Inosuke, a bunch of people were killed in the house. 

"It's pointless!" the black haired boy screamed. Y/n looked horrified. "It's pointless to bury the remains of living organisms! Why would anyone do that! I'm not helping you! Fight me!" 

"Is... he serious...?" Y/n scoffed to himself, slipping his haori off and handing it to Tanjiro. He comically rolled up his sleeves as if he were a cartoon character about to beat the crap out of someone. 

"Um... Y/n...? Why did you take your haori off?" the red haired boy asked carefully, almost scared to hear the answer. 

"To not get dusty!" Y/n growled and moved to Inosuke, pulling his fist back, about to land a powerful punch on his current enemy. 

"Wait nO-" Tanjiro stopped him and grabbed him from under his arms, stopping him from going feral at Inosuke. "I don't think that's what he meant. It's because your wounds still hurt, ne? That's why you can't help?"

"Hah?!" Inosuke growled. 

"It's okay! Everyone has different levels of pain tolerance!" Tanjiro continued, completely oblivious to how indescribably wrong he was. "Burying people is a really tiring job. We are all very capable. You should rest!"

"HAAH?! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME! I'LL BURY 100, NO, 200 PEOPLE!" Inosuke screamed at the top of his lungs and started running around like a barbarian, digging holes like a mole. Y/n looked at Tanjiro in surprise, not sure whether getting him that riled up was the intention. Either way it worked, so he wasn't one to complain. 

The burial soon came to an end. Once the large group of kids sent their prayers and payed their respects, it was time for them to part ways. Zenitsu was sobbing and clinging onto Shoichi, claiming that he was strong and that he protected him. Of course, Y/n knew otherwise, but he decided not to say anything in fear of bursting his bubble. 

"He doesn't want to!" Tanjiro finally stood up to him and knocked him out. Mordecai quickly caught his brother and secured him on his back to make sure he doesn't fall. He watched in disgust as the crow spat out a small incense bag towards the three siblings. 

"Thank you so much for your help. We'll be able to go home on our own" The three siblings slowly made their way down the road.

"Caww! Follow me!" The crow yelled and started flying. 

As the 5 kids walked, Inosuke told them a little bit about himself. 

"Oh, so you grew up in the mountains?" Tanjiro asked after a couple of minuted of Inosuke talking. "So did Y/n and I"

"Don't think of me as someone you can relate to" boar head sneered.  "I have no parents or siblings. Matching my strength against others is my only hobby!"

"Ah... I see..."

"I will defeat you and catch you off guard!" Inosuke yelled again and cackled. 

"I am Tanjiro Kamado!" Tanjiro introduced himself. 

"Gonbchiro Kamaboku! I will defeat you!"

"Who the hell are you talking to?!"

"You!"

"You got the name wrong!"

"Will you two sTOP YOUR INCESSANT BICKERING!" Y/n barked, massaging his temples. His demand immediately stopped the squabbling, giving the boy his peace. 

The group slowly approached a house with a small wisteria emblem on the wooden gate. While Tanjiro talked to his crow about what their next step is, Mordecai and Y/n slowly approached the gate. The brunette reached his hand out and knocked on the door, wondering what would happen. A small, little old lady slowly made her way out, bowing lowly. 

"Ah! Sorry for disturbing you so late at night!" Tanjiro apologised and pulled Mordecai and Y/n away from the gate, thinking they had something to do with her being there. Zenitsu shrieked at the sight of the lady. 

"You are demon hunters, correct?" she asked as Inosuke poked her hair, ready to pick a fight. She lead them into a neat room where they would be staying. She presented them their meals and beds. Mordecai was practically salivating at the sight of food. 

"Tanjiro! Thats a monster! She's too fast to be normal! She's a monster!" Zenitsu complained, earning himself a smack from the red head. 

"Who would've thought that all 5 of us have broken ribs" Tanjiro mused as he stared ahead. He was right- he himself had 3 broken ribs, Inosuke had 4, Zenitsu had 2, and Y/n and Mordecai each had 1 broken rib, but other, worse injuries. 

"This bump hurts" Inosuke complained, making Tanjiro mutter a quick apology. 

"You still didn't apologise for beating me up. Apologise" Zenitsu demanded. 

"No"

"Apologise!"

"I refuse!"

"Just apologise dammit!" Zenitsu continued their back and forth, progressively getting louder. Inosuke ended up getting pounced on by Mordecai, and the two got into another fight. At this point, Tanjiro had just given up on trying to make them friends. 

The time in which they had stayed there, Inosuke kept provoking Tanjiro and Mordecai. While the brunette always fell for the bait, Tanjiro was yet to lose his cool. When Inosuke stole his food, he offered him more. When Inosuke hogged a bed, Tanjiro simply took another one. 

Zenitsu and Mordecai weren't big fans of Inosuke. They often muttered to each other about how violent and aggressive he was, and how obnoxious it is. Y/n, on the other hand, seemed to have taken a liking to Inosuke. Since they were both competitive, they would both have competitions to test their skill. Besides that, they didn't argue much. 

"Tanjiro" Zenitsu spoke up. "I want to ask you something that nobody has asked yet. Why are you lugging around a demon?" he asked. Mordecai looked at him in surprise. Y/n and Inosuke looked indifferent. 

Tanjiro paused, looking touched. "Zenitsu... you knew all along but you still protected the box. You truly are kind, thank you" he smiled gently. 

"Oh, you!" Zenitsu giggled childishly and rolled around on his futon. "Don't give me such praise! Ufufu!" 

"My nose is very sharp. I knew from the beginning that you were gentle and also very strong" Tanjiro continued. The blonde boy stopped. 

"No, I'm not strong. Don't joke like that. You stopped me from taking Shoichi with me. I still haven't forgiven you" Zenitsu muttered blankly. 

Suddenly, the door to the box swung open. Y/n grinned widely and crawled over to it while Zenitsu screamed in fear. The boy with e/c eyes crouched in front of Nezuko, gently helping her out, completely ignoring his friends screaming. 

Nezuko made happy humming noises and tacked Y/n in a hug, who laughed happily. 

"Eh?" Zenitsu looked confused. The girl stood up while holding the boys hand, making a small fuss over his battered flower at his waist. He apologised profusely. "Tanjiro... Y/n..." the blonde boy growled, his voice dripping with venom. "You... Are so lucky! You are carrying such a cute girl with you! Every single day with such joy! Give me back the blood I bled for you!!"

"E-Eh?! Zenitsu, what are you doing?!" Y/n asked and nervously backed up as he approached him, clutching his sword. 

"I didn't work this hard for you to be lovey lovey with a girl! I got beaten up by a pig because of this?!"

"Zenitsu, please-" Tanjiro interrupted. 

"The demon hunters are not to be trifled with! Guys like you two need to be killed! Don't underestimate uuuus!" Zenitsu wailed and tackled Y/n to the ground, about to kill him. 

Y/n squealed in fear and started running away. "The hell has gotten into you?!" he screamed and toppled to the ground. The blondie took this chance to straddle his waist, raising his sword above his head. "Kyaaa! Tanjiro, do something!" he screamed and shielded his face. To his luck, he didn't get stabbed. 

"...I cant do it..." Zenitsu muttered. 

"Eh?"

"I cant do it... I cant...-" the blondie continued and raised his head, red in the face. "I cant kill such a cute boooooy!" He wailed, making Y/n blush furiously. 

"Okay, that's enough" Mordecai sighed and pulled Zenitsu off. "You're freaking him out"

"Theres nothing to be ashamed of, Mordecai!" Tanjiro defended him boldly. "Y/n has e/c eyes, that go well with his dainty, s/c face and h/c hair, proving to be quite attractive!"

Y/n turned even redder, covering his face. "Guys, you're embarrassing me here..." he groaned, earning himself a sympathetic look from Nezuko. 

A couple of days had passed, mainly consisting of Zenitsu hitting on Y/n and giving flowers to Nezuko, who in turn gave them to her not-so-secret crush, Mordecai scolding his brother, Inosuke head butting everyone and Tanjiro being the only normal one. 

The group had finally recovered. They got dressed in their uniforms and haori's and got ready to head out again on a new mission. All except Mordecai. 

"The doctor doesn't think I should go out yet, so I'll stay here a while. You lot take care, yeah?" the brunette grinned and waved goodbye after Zenitsu had finally stopped sobbing. 

"We'll be going now! Thank you for your care!" Tanjiro thanked, bowing deeply. 

"Spasibo" Y/n thanked in his native language. 

The lady made a few sparks for good luck, and after a couple of minutes of Inosuke being extremely difficult, the little old lady finally spoke her prayers. "At all times, please live your life with high pride. I wish you good fortune in war!"

"High pride? What's that mean?" Inosuke asked as the group started running. Zenitsu and Y/n looked at each other in disbelief, mentally agreeing on how much of an idiot he was. 

"Hm.. The meaning isn't immediately clear" Tanjiro agreed. "Perhaps understanding the situation? Acting accordingly even at the risk of embarrassment? Either way, she's praying for our safety" he explained. 

"What position? Why would it be embarrassing?" Inosuke continued inquiring. 

"Well-" Y/n started, but he got interrupted. 

"Why does she care about us? She doesn't have anything to do with us, so why? She doesn't understand us, does she?" boar head continued. 

That seemed to upset Tanjiro slightly, as he puffed up his cheeks and started running faster. The e/c eyed boy seemed thrilled with that, making him speed up as well. 

"I'll race you!" Y/n teased and ran past the red haired boy, who happily played along. 

After a while of travelling, the small group finally reached mount Natagumo. 

''Ah! Wait! Please! I'm scared! We're getting closer and I'm very scared!" Zenitsu whimpered and sat on the dirt, holding his head in his hands. 

"Are you sitting?! Thats disgusting!" Inosuke spat. 

"You shut up! You do nothing but head butt people! I'm normal, you're abnormal!" 

"Help... me..." A desperate voice gasped from behind Tanjiro's shoulder. The 4 boys turned to it. Y/n's expression morphed into one of horror as him and the red head sprinted to him. 

"What's going on?! Are you alright?!" Tanjiro asked frantically. 

A force pulled on the slayer, pulling him back into the forest that unfolded in front of them. "I'm still connected! Help me! Heeeelp!" his pleas and screams faded as he was forced into the forest. 

"We..." Tanjiro swallowed nervously but frowned in determination. "We're going in!" he declared. 

"Right!" Y/n nodded and gripped his katana, running into the forest. Although he hated to admit it, he was actually scared. He was the only sane one that didn't act scared, and he felt like he needed to set an example. 

"Alright! I'm hungry!" Inosuke cackled and hopped off into the forest, cheering loudly. 

"Hungry?" Tanjiro asked. 

"For battle I assume" Y/n cleared that up. 

The trio that had ditched Zenitsu earlier on made their way up the mountain, sparking occasional conversation and popping a joke every now and then. 

"Hmph! This place is so full of webs!" Inosuke complained and swung his arms around like a barbarian. 

"Inosuke, Y/n" Tanjiro piped up. 

"Hm?" Y/n hummed and moved a couple of webs out of the way before turning to his comrade. 

"Thank you. I'm glad you came with me. This twisted and ominous smell really freaked me out, but you two calmed me down. Thank you" the red eyed boy smiled kindly. 

A sheepish grin appeared on Y/n's face as a light blush dusted his cheeks. "Aye, dont worry about it Tanji!" He shrugged the compliments off and turned back to the spider webs. 

Inosuke seemed to be in a daze as well, seeing as he was staring into space with his mouth slightly agape. 

"Y/n, Inosuke" Tanjiro whispered and drew his katana. "Theres someone here"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.5K 127 12
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 #𝟑: 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐲𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐳𝐮 I have never in my life felt so calm and yet on fire. All at...
2.4K 25 12
A young teen boy named Zenitsu was scared as he had to go onto a mission all by himself. He was sitting on the side of the road and rolling Back and...
415 17 4
Despite the obvious effort to stay standing, the fiery rage in his eyes never wavered. Instead, the young hero puffed out his chest and spread his wi...
4K 276 7
Seonghwa awoke on a beach of black sand. As he lifted his head, some grains stubbornly stuck to his cheek and hair. Then, the rushing of the shallow...