Stuck With U

By breathiniana

It's the year 2020, and the entire world is under complete lock down due to the sudden spread of the Equis Vi... More

A/N
Stuck With U Art
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
discontinued
waves at you
Ending

Day 7

1.3K 50 339
By breathiniana

Day 7: Week 1 || Apologies

The next day at exactly 7 o'clock in the morning, Dash called both her parents. In France, it was an hour past noon, so she knew her parents would be awake by now. They were very energetic and weren't the type of people to sleep in past 11.

Dash patiently waited for either one of her parents to answer as the phone rang. She was surprised she hadn't lost her mind yet because she hated the sound of a phone ringing before a call.

"Hello?" A female voice said on the other line.

"Hi, Mom," Dash responded.

"Hey sweetheart. How have you been?" Her mom, Windy Whistles, kindly asked her daughter. "You're not calling me because of Soarin, are you?"

"No, Mom. And I'm fine."

Except Dash was everything but fine. Soarin's words hurt, not because they were insults to her, but because they were true. She was a bitch to everyone, even to her closest friends, and that unfortunately made up half her character. It was as if she couldn't go a day without saying something rude. At least, that's what Dash believed.

Was she the reason why Soarin and her never got along? Because she liked fighting with him and she didn't see a problem with it? They could've been friends, great friends, but her bitchiness got in the way of her kindness.

"Are you still on the line, Dashie?" Her mom's voice caught her off guard. Dash hummed in response, still deep in her thoughts. "What do you need?"

"It's okay if you say no, but . . ." Dash trails off, "can I sleep over at Fluttershy's house?" She shut her eyes and anticipated her mom's response. Her body was lightly shaking from the silence and her mom being unresponsive.

"Your father and I don't have problem with it, but I have two questions to ask you." Dash was relieved from hearing she was permitted to go to Fluttershy's house. She needed to speak with her in person anyway. What made her nervous was her mom's next questions. "What are you going to do about Zephyr?"

Fuck.

Dash had forgotten about Zephyr Breeze, Fluttershy's younger brother by one year. There was no one in the school that liked Dash more than he did. Zephyr would gift her with flowers, heart shaped candy, and even the latest edition Daring Do books if he could. He was obsessed with her.

"I've already taken care of it, Mom. Don't worry," She fibbed while trying to hide the wavering in her voice. "What's the second question?"

"Did Soarin say or do something to you? And don't lie to me, because I will find out," her mom said sternly. Dash came up with another lie, but it was pointless to say because her mom knew when she was lying. It actually surprised her that she fell for the one before.

"I-Is it true that I'm a bitch?"

"No. But it is true that you are brutally honest. Some people may take it as you being rude, when it's just you being yourself. And there's nothing wrong with that, sweetheart." She explained thoroughly. One would expect her words to make Dash feel better, but it only made her feel worse.

"So, Soarin's right then?" Dash asks. "He said my personality is based off treating people like shit," she says before her mom could say a single word. If they were FaceTiming, her mom would definitely have a bewildered look on her face.

Dash heard the feedback in the background cease, probably meaning her mom was on mute.

"Rainbow Dash, I need to speak to Soarin," she heard her dad, Bow Hot Hoof, say.

"But Dad-"

"That's an order, Rainbow Dash. Either you have him call me or you give him the phone."

"Yes, sir."

Dash has always been very formal with her father. She didn't mind much because she had done it for most of her life. They occasionally had fun moments together like any father and daughter should, but it seemed that the two were mostly formal with each other. When they were at having disagreement, Dash wouldn't bother stating her point after her father countered it because trying to change his viewpoint on something was like talking to a brick wall.

Her relationship with her mom was much more laid back. She was allowed to curse when necessary and she could tell her mom anything without being cautious of how she would react.

Again, Dash doesn't mind it because she had lived with it all her life, but when she sees other teens with their fathers, she can't help but feel a little jealous.

Dash navigated her phone screen to the messages app and hovered over Soarin's name, which was at the top of the list. She inhaled slowly before exhaling at the same pace.

For about two minutes, Dash spent her time typing her message to Soarin. He was clearly mad at her based off of yesterday's interaction, and she didn't know what to do if he didn't respond to her message.

Suck it up, Dash. If he doesn't respond, you go talk to him, she told herself.

She hit the "send" button and nodded in affirmation.

Time to start packing.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

Soarin was in his room on his cell phone watching one of his favorite TV shows: The Hood. It was about a man who got stranded on an island for five years and became a vigilante in his city after his return home. It's a weird backstory, but an amazing show to watch. He'd recommended it to you if he could.

The team of heroes were planning their attack on one of the villains that they were up against. Once they came up with a plan, they all rode off on their motorcycles. It was the last episode of the season, and Soarin was excited to see how it would all end.

Just when the action of the episode was about to start, a notification banner slid down to the top part of his screen. It was from the messages app, meaning he had just gotten a text. The message automatically paused the episode as well, as that didn't make him too happy. He was supposed to have finished the episode today. His heart skipped a couple beats when he saw the name of the sender.

Soarin was all sorts of confused upon seeing her name. He didn't think she'd speak to him after what he said. Maybe this was about that?

He clicked the banner and the screen transitioned to the messages app. It was a surprise to see she didn't send a one worded text, or even a one liner. When she texted him, it always seemed like she wasn't interested in the conversation unless they were bickering about something stupid.

Rainbow Dash
Today 7:15 AM

My dad wants to talk with you
on the phone. Don't make him
wait too long.

I'm also very sorry about my
behavior the other day, and I
was serious when I said I
wouldn't bother you anymore.

I'm gonna be staying at
Fluttershy's house for the time
being. I doubt it'll be for more
than a week though.

-

Soarin nearly threw his phone when he saw the last message. When he said he wanted to distance himself from her, this is not what he meant!

But he shouldn't be complaining though, right? She apologized, and without being told. Her mom usually had to force the words out of her when she was inclined to say she was sorry. They never came out willingly. She must feel really guilty.

Maybe it was the way he worded it? He had said it rather harshly to make sure what he was saying stayed in her head. Her ego usually got the best of her, and like said before, she'd never apologize unless forced to.

Remembering the text first message, Soarin called Bow Hot Hoof. He was very punctual and didn't like to wait for anything. Imagine how he is in grocery stores.

"Soarin," he said on the other line. "What did you say to my daughter?" His voice was stern and cold.

"What do you mean sir?" Soarin responded respectfully.

"Telling my daughter that she treats people like crap? You could have damaged her self esteem, dammit!" Bow Hot Hoof yelled angrily through the phone. He was not pleased with Soarin at all. In fact, Bow always had problems with Soarin when it came to Rainbow Dash. "You're lucky shes a strong girl. Do you not know how to consider other people's feelings?"

"Sir, I-"

"You are to apologize to her at once. Do I make myself clear?" Soarin didn't hesitate to answer with a "yes, sir". There is no point in going against him, especially since he was right. His thumb inched towards the end call button, wanting to get out of the situation he was in.

"Goodbye, sir." Soarin said just before moving his finger closer to the small red circle on his phone. He stopped when he heard Bow's voice echo through the speaker. Must have been feedback.

"WAIT!" Bow shouted right into the mic. Soarin — who was wearing headphones — felt the sound pound against his eardrums repeatedly. That would work well in an ear rape video.

"Yes . . . sir?" He held in a groan.

"Don't let her go to Fluttershy's house."

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

After hanging up the call with her mom and texting Soarin, Rainbow Dash started to pack her duffel bag for at least a week. She didn't have to bring much, thankfully. Fluttershy's house has a guest room designed especially for her to sleep in. Dash always slept over at Shy's house when she was given the chance. They've been best friends since kindergarten. She'd never pass up the opportunity.

There were only two things Dash disliked about going to Fluttershy's house:

One, the food. The Shy family is vegan, so they don't eat meat, fish, eggs, or anything animal. Dash loves meat, so it was torture when she went over without packing something to eat for herself. Also, vegan food was disgusting in Dash's opinion. The fake meat tasted so . . . fake! It just wasn't the same.

And secondly, Zephyr. She wasn't thinking when she made the decision to go to Fluttershy's house out of all her friends. It was a process of elimination, and Dash had forgotten one major con. How was she going to deal with him? Zephyr has gotten to the point where he stalks her, so she wouldn't be surprised if he was outside her window right now.

About two months ago, Dash had gotten out of the shower with nothing but a robe on. The window was slightly open, but she didn't think it'd be a problem considering nobody in the neighborhood pays attention to her family. She was about to remove her robe when she saw Zephyr staring right through the window. She had never screamed so loudly in her entire life. Why didn't she call the police on him?

Moving on from that, Dash's bag was pretty much packed by now. She made sure to pack all her toiletries, socks, and three Daring Do books. If you couldn't already tell, she loves Daring Do. She'd marry the book if she could.

Prepared to leave, she dressed in jean shorts and a sleeveless magenta hoodie with her symbol on it. After she slid on some white sneakers over her socks, she grabbed her duffel bag and head out of her bedroom door.

"Woah!" She interjected. The bag was a bit heavy and almost made her topple over. She slowly made her way down the stairs, taking small steps so she wouldn't roll down like she did two days ago. Luckily, she made it down safely.

Dash reached the foyer of the house and dropped her bag by the front door. Mrs. Shy was coming to pick her up in exactly ten minutes, so it gave her enough time to do any last minute activities before it was officially time for her to leave.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

Pacing, pacing, and more pacing.

What to do? How to stop her?

Soarin is stressed out from Bow Hot Hoof's request about Rainbow Dash. He was honestly not going to do anything about it until Bow had told him to stop her. Dash needed her space from him, and Soarin respected that.

His heart aches knowing he hurt her.

He had heard Dash walk down the stairs a couple minutes ago. She was leaving soon, and Soarin hadn't come up with a plan yet. There was no time left!

Without thinking, Soarin sprinted down the stairs into the foyer where he saw Dash with her hand on the doorknob. She had her duffel bag in the other hand with a key chain wrapped around her wrist.

"Rainbow, wait!" He called out to her. Dash swiftly whipped her head around upon hearing her name. She was was confused as to why Soarin was speaking to her. Didn't he want to distance himself?

"Soarin, what are you doing here?" She asked with her hand slowly sliding off the knob. She couldn't make eye contact with him without feeling bad for how she's been acting.

"Please don't leave," he says while grabbing her shoulders. His hands move down her arms and met hers, holding onto them tightly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"But, I'm the one who-" she protested, but Soarin didn't give her the opportunity to finish speaking.

"You did nothing wrong. I'm sorry for insulting you yesterday, and I am so, so sorry about the prank."

The hairs on Dash's neck stood on end after he mentioned the prank. He hadn't mentioned it since he revealed the whole thing to her. Him saying sorry eased the pain in her chest that she didn't realize was there.

"How did you know I was upset?" Dash raises an eyebrow curiously as she feels him stroke her hand with his thumb.

"The tissues on your bed," he replied. "I didn't think much of it when I first saw them, but now that I'm thinking about it again, I realized you were probably crying."

"Heh, you're not special enough for me to cry over you." She teasingly stuck her tongue out at him. Fortunately, she covered up her lie awfully well. Dash wasn't planning on telling Soarin she broke her two year streak of not crying. It was surprising that she held herself together that long in the first place.

"So -" Soarin brings her hands up to his chest and stares directly into her eyes, smiling, "- are you staying?" His smile was contagious, so she smiles right back at him. She bites her bottom lip and moves closer to him, the action causing both of them to blush.

"I'll stay for you."

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

Dash threw her empty duffel bag on her bed, slightly frustrated that she packed so many things for nothing. Soarin had done well in convincing her to stay home, and she was glad he did. Seriously.

She changed out of her clothes into something more comfortable before going to Soarin's room where he was waiting for her. They were going to watch the final episode of The Hood together. They both shared the same love for the show, and they just so happened to be on the same episode.

She knocks softly on his door and waits for a response before going in.

"It's unlocked!" He yells loud enough for her to hear. Dash turns the knob on the door and walks in. They both smile upon seeing each other, not able to wipe them off their faces. Soarin pats his hand on the space beside him on his bed, telling her to sit. She does as he says, leaving a little space between them.

"Come closer, Dash. I don't bite. Plus, you can't be too far from the laptop screen if you wanna watch this with me." He pulls her closer to him by the waist, yet he doesn't let go once he closed the cap between them.

Dash shivered from his touch. Where did all the hate and anger go? Did Soarin all of a sudden have a change of heart? Was he finally giving them a chance to be friends? But wouldn't that mean he doesn't hate her anymore?

It wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Soarin . . ." she said, not even thinking about what she was going to say next.

"Yes?"

Her heart was pounding in and out of her chest. Her breath was out of control, and Soarin seemed to notice from the way she was shaking. She shouldn't have said anything. What if she doesn't get the response she wants? There's no going back now.

Dash looks up at him and their eyes meet with each other. Their faces were awkwardly close .

Just ask him.

"Soarin, do you hate me?"

~2813 words

A/N

To be honest, I almost made Dash leave. But I didn't :)).

I made art for this chapter, but I didn't finish it, and I also didn't want you guys to have to wait. I'll add it in later and make an announcement on it so you can see it.

Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 2.3K 97
(NSFW!) What was Rainbow Dash's and Applejack's conversation on the field? What happened in their shared tent at Camp Everfree? What was the real rea...
31.2K 1K 30
"ฯ‰ั” ั•ั‚ัฮนะบั” ฮฑะธโˆ‚ ั•ั‚ัฮนะบั” ฮฑgฮฑฮนะธ, ฮฝฮนยขั‚ฯƒััƒ ฮนั• ฮฑโ„“โ„“ ั‚ะฝั” ะผฮฑั‚ั‚ั”ัั•" "We need to stay strong! Dont show weaknesss to the Enemies!!!!!!" SHE YELLS. Wars rampage...
22K 520 30
Rainbow Dash, 15. Just your average cocky athletic teen. Only cares about Friends, her family, Sports, grades and that's pretty much it. She isn't on...
24.8K 603 14
Rainbow Dash suffers from horrific nightmares, but whenever she awakes with a cry, Applejack is always right by her side. She holds her close, wipes...