One More Year

Por sanelovee

In her final year of high school, Olivia Romano is a master at evading attention, preferring to blend into th... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 20

1.6K 51 19
Por sanelovee

I feel two arms wrap around me from behind and I instantly sink in, smelling my favorite cologne.

His lips press on my neck, giving me a soft kiss, "Penelope and Vince went to go get McDonald's for lunch. Told them to get us something too."

Shutting my locker, he doesn't let go of me. Instead, he leads us out of the hallway as he walks behind me with his arms around my waist.

"Where's Austin?"

Chuckling he nods in form of acknowledgment to a boy who called out his name, but answers me anyway, "Got caught smoking behind the school. He's in detention."

Concern overfills me and I look over my shoulder to meet his gaze as he keeps directing us outside, "He still smokes?"

Kissing my temple, he chuckles, "Yeah, he always has."

I face forward as we near our spot by the tree and I wonder what Penelope thinks of it. I wonder if it bothers her or if she doesn't care. Smoking is really bad for your lungs.

Setting my things down Cam settles himself on the ground and pulls my hand, pulling me to sit in front of him between his legs. It's been two weeks since my birthday trip to Santa Cruz and there hasn't been any talk of Zoey or Thomas and I'm grateful for it because I feel like I can finally enjoy Cam the way I've been wanting to. He doesn't seem to mind either because he's been more affectionate than he was before. Maybe he just likes all the naughty things he's been letting me do to him in our car rides home.

Natalie plops herself down in front of us, "Are your cousins still in town?"

Nodding, I almost jump out of my skin when I feel Cam's cold hand go under my hoodie. Natalie can't tell he's doing this since his other arm is already wrapped around my middle. Chuckling softly in my ear, he moves down to kiss the side of my neck.

Struggling to get the words out, I tell her, "They're actually getting transferred here next week. So they'll be around a lot more now."

Giovanna repeated the first grade so although she's a year older than us. She's in the same grade as us.

Natalie smiles big, "Good. I need some advice on some boy stuff and although you and Penelope have been great friends to me." She looks between me and Cam before meeting my eyes with her own, her cheeks turn a little pink, "I just need to talk to someone about sex."

I feel Cam stiffen behind me and I will him not to say something mean. He's been nothing but sweet and I really don't want to be reminded how nasty and mean Cam can get.

"Giovanna will definitely like some girl talk," I say before Cam can say anything.

His hand under my hoodie lowers to the top of the waistband of my jeans. "That's girl talk?" He says it low, near my ear.

I shove him back with my elbow when Natalie glares at me. I haven't told Natalie or Penelope what Cam and I have been doing because they'll just remind me that I'll end up hurt and I'm really enjoying Cam the way he is with me now. Even the two parties we've gone to have been fun. Zoey wasn't at either of them and I was more than happy to have Cam all to myself.

Natalie smiles softly after I stick my tongue at her glare, "Are you guys going to the Halloween party next week?"

"Yes, Halloween parties are always wild." Cam wraps his arms around my waist again.

Her eyes widen in excitement, "Oh! You guys should dress as an iconic couple." She taps her chin, in thought which only makes me want to laugh, "Harley Quinn and the Joker."

I scrunch my nose just as Cam speaks up, "I saw a lot of Harley Quinn last year. Plus, I'm more of a Marvel fan."

"Who's hungry?" Penelope sings holding up two brown bags with a yellow M on them as Vince holds the drinks.

Natalie's mouth drops as they sit with us, "I wish I knew you two were going, or else I would've ordered something. Now I'm sad, I have to eat school food." She pouts.

Vince closest to her, smiles widely, "I knew you'd be here. I thought of you too, princess." He hands her a cheeseburger.

She scrunches her nose at the name, obviously not liking it, but she takes the burger and soon the talk of Halloween becomes the main topic as we eat.

The bell rings just as Austin is walking up to us. He smiles at Penelope when his eyes meet hers.

"Just in time to walk my girl to her class." He takes her hand as he helps her get up.

She smiles up at him happily. I guess smoking isn't an issue. He wraps his arm around her shoulder and looks at Cam.

"I'll catch up with you after I drop off, Penny."

Cam nods as he also stands and pulls me to him, "Yeah. I'll drive."

Austin nods before peppering Penelope's face with kisses as they start to walk away. I can only hear Penelope giggling which only causes him to pull her in his arms as they walk.

Natalie and Vince walk with us towards the building.

Cam wraps his arm around my shoulders and turns to look at Vince, "You down?"

Vince smiles widely and nods. I am so confused right now. Down for what?

Vince and Natalie walk in a different direction when I finally look up at Cam and ask, "What were you guys talking about?"

Smirking, which only brings my gaze down to his lips, he answers, "We're ditching."

Pulling back even more confused now, "Why?"

Chuckling softly he looks around before meeting my eyes again, "I don't know, Livy. Austin commented before heading to the detention class that he was done being at school today so I asked if he wanted to ditch. No reason really."

I don't understand why someone would just want to waste their time doing nothing in particular instead of being at school.

Before I can respond to him, he eyes me curiously, "Ditch this next class with me."

I can feel my eyes widen, "No."

First of all, I like my classes. Second, my parents obviously get calls when I miss class. Thirdly, it'd just feel wrong the whole time and I'd get paranoid.

"C'mon, Livy. Just one class. We can go somewhere else so I can get my hands on you. Don't be a party pooper."

Party pooper? Glaring at him, I pull away. Just because I don't want to defy the rules, makes me a party pooper? I walk faster away from him. He's the one who doesn't care about his classes, but I do. How can he expect me to just drop everything?

"Wait. Wait. Wait." Grabbing my arm to stop me, he stands in front of me, stopping me from walking further. Meeting my eyes with his blue ones, "I'm sorry. Okay, you don't have to ditch. I'm sorry I asked you. I'm gonna go with Vince and Austin but we're still on for later?"

Later? Shit!

I totally forgot I'll be meeting his mom tonight.

Nodding, he smiles and pulls me into his arms, hugging me tightly. Pressing his lips on mine feels wonderful. I cup his face and feel his tongue dart out, softly licking my lip and I instinctively open my mouth to taste him deeper.

The second bell for class rings, meaning I'm now late. I pull away and look around the hallway and notice there's barely anyone around now.

Smiling, his deep blue eyes twinkling, "See you later little nerd."

Feeling more playful than I did a moment ago I stick my tongue out and walk away towards my class. Before I get to open the door he groans.

"Wait." He steps closer to me again and pecks my lips one more time, "There. I think I'm good for now."

I push away giggling and walk into the class only for everyone to look at my goofy smile. Some look at me knowingly and I feel my face heat up. I quickly walk towards my seat, willing for them to stop looking at me.

*

"Is this okay?" I look down at the third outfit I've changed into.

"Honey, you look fine." My mom smiles at me and I groan.

"Cam is always talking about how he really doesn't want to disappoint his mom. I don't want her to think that of me." I whisper the last sentence.

My mom's brows pinch together, "You'll be fine. If he didn't want to disappoint her and you'd think you'd be a disappointment somehow, he wouldn't take you to meet her." Her lips pull into a smirk, "Besides, if she can deal with Cam and Nash on a daily, then you'll be an angel compared to them."

My mouth drops open and I want to laugh because I know exactly what she means. Lately, when their mom is working late, my mom will invite them over to eat and she often teases them about them not having any filter. Even Nash has jumped in to tease my dad about his age. Which isn't even old. My parents had me very young, they were only twenty-two when they had me.

After finally dressing in a simple white shirt with a beige cardigan sweater over and light blue jeans, I decided to leave it alone.

Making my way downstairs, I can hear Cam already talking to my parents and cousins.

"You and Nash are more than welcome to come over for dinner when she leaves for her trip." I walk into the living room just as my dad tells Cam.

Cam smiles when he notices me, but answers my dad anyway, "Yeah, thanks. Nash loves coming here to eat."

Carla chuckles, "The way this family eats and cooks. He's gonna have to come up with an exercising routine."

Cam tilts his head, thinking, "I should get him into an exercising routine for more than that reason."

My dad also tilts his head now. I sit next to Cam and he immediately takes my hand in his, "What do you mean?"

Cam shrugs, "I try keeping him out of trouble."

My dad meets my eyes and frowns before meeting Cams, "Cam, I'm more than willing to help you with that. If you need help keeping him on a routine throw him my way."

Cam's back stiffens and he shakes his head, "Thanks for the offer, Mr. Romano--"

"Lorenzo." My dad corrects him and I can feel the smirk on my face grow.

Cam clears his throat, "Thanks for the offer, Lorenzo. But, I'd rather not burden you with my brother just because he isn't acting right."

My dad takes a deep breath before leaning forward, "I know I tease you about being a kid, but you really are just a kid, Cam. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman working hard for you both and the time she takes off for a vacation is because she really needs it. So, I'm telling you this once and I don't ever want to repeat myself. Got it?" My dad stares at Cam who only nods and my dad continues, "I like you and Nash. If you ever need my help, I'm here to help. Nash is a good kid, he's here as much as you are so if he needs someone to set him straight, I'll definitely do that. Remember, I too had to deal with a little brother once upon a time."

Cam finally relaxes a little and chuckles softly, "Thank you, Lorenzo."

*

Walking up to his front door I turn to Cam as the knot in my belly builds.

"We should come up with a signal in case I'm talking too much or saying the wrong things. I already feel like I'm not dressed properly for this. What should we do?" I say rapidly as he takes in every word I said because as soon as I said I'm not dressed properly, his eyes roamed to my attire.

Smiling softly, he cups my face, "You're dressed cute. Makes your natural features stand out and I like that better. You're beautiful." My heart nearly jumps out of my chest, "We don't need a signal. My mom's excited to meet you, don't worry."

Leaning down, he presses his lips to mine and I feel like everything is fine. I'm not sure how we got to where we are now. We don't speak about us being fake, but there's still no clarification for this being real and I definitely don't want to be the first to bring it up. He'll break my heart into pieces if he tells me this isn't real and he's ready to go to Zoey.

He pulls back, smiling and I gulp realizing one thing that's for sure. 

I've fallen for this bad boy who used to be so mean and now he's the sweetest person on the planet.

I'm in love with Cam. 

Cameron Percy.

He's definitely breaking my heart when he's done.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.6K 187 24
Inara Knightly Having broken up with her boyfriend, only to find out he cheated on her, Inara tries to get her own back by faking a relationship wit...
34.2K 2.2K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...
353K 8.1K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
203K 11.2K 32
Isabelle Holden has become a master of keeping up the good girl facade in order to keep her parents off her back and date the baddest boy in school...