SUDDEN BRIDE

By palrumpa

This is a story of a sudden marriage between two people and how this sudden marriage changed all their lives... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Christmas
CHAPTER 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
NOTE
Hacked

Chapter 16

26.2K 923 65
By palrumpa

Raunak's POV

I entered the conference room and there HE was... My buddy.... Listening the sound of the door he stood up and turn towards me.... I didn't wait for another second I ran towards him and hugged him tightly....HE was shocked by my this action but composed himself and slowly wrapped his hands around me.... A small tear drop slipped from my eye... I know I was behaving like a child but what to do.... HE was everything to me when I was away from my family... He became my family....

We slowly parted from each other and I looked at HIM.... After so many years HE was there in front of me.....

"Raunak.... Are you crying?" He asked wiping the drops which betrayed my eyes when I tried to stop them....

"Veere from when did you become a cry baby huh?.... If I am not wrong you were the one who used to call me a cry baby.... And now you yourself became one...." HE said and started to laugh holding his stomach....

"Maybe... From the day you left me alone at their without even saying a goodbye...." I replied to which HE instantly stopped and composed HIMSELF.... HE looked at me with a blank  face but didn't try to utter a word.

"What happened to you that day.... What was the reason for leaving school like that huh?" I asked HIM... But he didn't reply.... HE just sat there calmly... By not getting any reply I continue....

"Tell me... Tell me VANSH... I am waiting for your answer.... I am waiting from that day till now...
Please... Veere.... Tell me.... What was the reason that you left everything behind like that.... You didn't even came back for once..." I urged him to say but he remained quite.... His calmness was scaring me... But the next words from his mouth just shook me from inside....

"They... left me...my parents... They left me in this cruel world alone.... " He said with the same expressionless face... But his eyes were screaming with pain which he wanted to hide.

"You.... Remember that was my birthday.... We were so happy.... You all gave me  that surprise party.... I was so glad.... But my happiness didn't last long... We were enjoying when peon uncle came to me and told me that someone from my family came.... I was excited.... I thought Papa had came there to wish me.... But what I got was unexpected.... I went to the warden's office to get the worst present of my life... Instead of my father... Vivek uncle one of my father's childhood friend and our neighbor was there with the news of my fathers death.... I was numb at my place I don't know what happened after that... I wasn't in my senses....I only came back to my senses when I saw my sister... My little angel there...she was crying, holding mumma... I was also broken but I had to be strong for them for my little baby... And for my mother... But that wasn't it... You know on the Same day... within  some hours I lost my mother too... " He said and slowly tears made there way down from his eyes....

I went to him and hugged him.... I didn't have any idea that he went through so much.... It must be so difficult for him..... To pretend to be strong when he himself was broken from inside.....

After sometime he broke the hug and wiped his tears... He again wear that expressionless mask to hide his pain.

For sometime we both were silent... Both of us didn't utter a single word.... I don't have words to say anything anymore.... Same was the case with him...

"So... Tell me how are you... I heard you got married?... How is she huh!" He said with a mischievous smile to lighten the atmosphere.

"Oh... Yeah. She is good... I heard you also got married and if I am not wrong you married Myra right? " I said and for a second... I might be wrong but he wasn't pleased on the mentioning of Myra... But soon he plastered it with a smile or should I say fake smile....

"Yeah... But wait... How do you know?" He said being surprised at my question....  But I know him this much that I can clearly say that he wasn't surprised.... I don't know the reason for his this strange behaviour.

"Yeah I know... Because she is my ex- fiancée...and now my wife's sister." I told him.

"Oh... Really I didn't know that... Sorry for that but what can we do we both LOVE each other...." He said stressing on love.... I can clearly sense the sarcasm his words were carrying.

I opened my mouth to say something but before that his phone rang cutting me in between...

He excused himself and went out for the call after a while he came back but he was looking angry and tensed to I tried to ask him that what happened but he just left from there hurriedly....

I don't know for how long I was there after he left... After sometime I went to my cabin and asked my PA to cancel my remaining schedule.... I don't want to go back home nor I want to do anything I was just there sitting on my chair thinking about whatever he told me....

His parents were so nice people they love like there own child and I also loved them like my Mom and Dad... I was beyond sad I don't know how to express this grief.... I don't have any idea when I started crying and how long I cried.... I looked at the watch and it was almost midnight.... I stand up from the chair and left my office.

******************

Divya's POV

It was beautiful night with stars shining bright and that quarter moon was on it's full glory... The sun was set long back in the west... But.... I am still waiting... waiting for him to come... I looked at the clock around the hall where I was waiting... It shows that the next day is at the door... The time was 11:56pm... My in-laws already had their dinner and left for their rooms they must be asleep till now.

It is not like they told me to wait for him or told me not to eat before my  husband... But this is a habit which I developed after my marriage... It is like something inside me forced me to wait for him... I like it when he is around me... And whenever he comes late I used to wait like this.... So that I could spend time with him.... I can't name this feeling.... But I feel good when he is around... When we spent time with each other.... In this one month of our marriage we didn't share much conversations.... but still form a good understanding between us.

In this one month we made quite beautiful memories with each other. I again looked at the clock it was past 12 now I was feeling sleepy not able control my sleep I went to my room to wash my face....

When I came out from the washroom after washing my face my  eyes fell on the cardboard box that my mother sent in the morning.

I went to the box and opened it...

Nostalgia hit me hard when I opened that box which...had each and every memory of mine with my family... From my childhood till now.... There were trophies that I won for my academics... There were certificates that I won for writing or quizzes.... There was also a photo album peaking out behind those certificates.

I took that photo album and sat there to go back to the memories which I left behind. I open that and went through the photos. Those were not just photos, those were the memories which I collected through all these years... those were the memories which I cherish with my heart... I was recalling all these when I heard a car screeching sound outside which was a clear indication that he is back from office I put that album back on it's original place and ran downstairs... I reached there and saw him on the couch with his head leaning back and eyes closed....by looking at him anyone could guess that how tired he was... I went to him...

"Raunak..." I called him with a light tap on his shoulder.... He slowly opened his tired eyes and looked at me... He faintly smiled and sat straight.

"Raunak.... You are looking very tired... Is everything ok?" I asked being worried about him.

"Oh... Yes... Everything is fine.... Actually our company recently got a new project... I was just busy with that... There is nothing to worry..." He said with an assuring smile but his eyes were telling some other story... That I was unable to read...

I know that we don't know each other much but in this one month I get to know him this much that I can read his eyes....I know that he is sad but I don't know the reason... I want to him to share his pain... But I can't force him... I have to wait till the time he is comfortable to tell me.

"Okay... Go and freshen up... Till then I will reheat the food... Once you came down we will have dinner together... Ok?" I said to him with a small smile.
He nodded his head and dragged himself to our room.
______________________________________

Thank you to everyone who was being patient with me and gave this story 105 k reads.... Thank you to all my lovely readers for your love and support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1.8K 34
Unedited! Is it wrong to have feelings towards your husband ?? Yes, it is, in Amaya's case. Amaya, a girl whose life is controlled by her parents, sh...
481K 22.7K 73
Book 2 of New Beginnings. Rank #1 in general fiction (14/9/23) Rank#6 in romance (21/6/2022) Rank #1 in general fiction (22/9/2021 & 22/7/2022) Rank...
310K 19.6K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...
61.2K 5.2K 17
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...