Merciful

By Ihavenoidea-_-

(18+) Ali Ahmed Sheikh is a powerful businessman and simultaneous leader of one of the biggest criminal organ... More

author's note
intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
last chapter
epilogue
author's note

chapter sixteen

13.3K 640 54
By Ihavenoidea-_-

"Mr. Sheikh! it is an honor to meet you and your beautiful wife in person. May your marriage be blessed!" The Arab man wearing a keffiyeh said.

"Ah! the pleasures all mine Sir Ubaydullah, and thank you." Ali replied.

Ali knew Anaya looked gorgeous, even if she didn't smile. He undoubtedly noticed every man stare at her walk by, every guy they greeted made sure to give her a long stare. So of course, he made sure to hold her arm extra tightly, regardless of her constant resistance.

The same way, Anaya had noticed the death glares she was receiving from every girl there- each of them who were wildly attractive. Maybe if they knew how ghastly this man was on the inside they wouldn't drool over him. Anaya never denied Ali's insanely good looks, but his actions never allowed her to be attracted to him. She hated this man's guts.

"Hello, Mr. Ali."

Anaya and Ali both turned around at the girly voice that called out to him. Ali looked at Erika and her dangerously low tassel dress, but for some reason, he didn't feel that throb he always felt when he looked at Erika. Rather, to Ali's utmost irritation he looked to his side, to the woman who was covered from head to toe in her breathtaking red dress, and he felt his pulse fasten as he wanted to do something to her instead.

He coughed the sensation away and shook the hand that Erika held out.

"I am going to go get a drink," Ali said, finally releasing Anaya.

"And you! How can I forget? Ms. Abassi, so great to finally see you," She said, not even trying to hide the bitterness.

"Hello! You are?" Anaya smiled back, originally Anaya was going to be as uncooperative as possible just to tick him off, but this annoying party was getting to her, and Ali was finally gone.

"Erika. I am the CFO of A-plus. You?"

"I'm Anaya. I am a teacher." She smiled.

"Oh that's impressive," Erika scoffed.

"Yeah, it is. It gives me a sense of humbleness." Anaya smiled, clearly trying to shoot back at Erika's belittling comment, but not being able to say anything too snarky as she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

"Aw. Well, look where that got you." She said looking Anaya up and down.

She knows, doesn't she? Anaya thought.

"Auzu billahi minash shaitan rajeem," Anaya whispered.

Erika downed her glass of champagne and came closer to Anaya.

"Now if you'll excuse me," She smiled.

Anaya stood there dumbfounded, and so helpless. There was nothing she could do, she was surrounded by hundreds of people yet she felt so helplessly alone. She took a look around the bar, to locate Ali- but he was nowhere to be found.

She took the chance to walk around, and she felt the stares of all these people, and she began to feel hot, and shaky. She needed to get out of their sight, her anxiety was shooting up all through her body and she was going to breakdown. Anaya took a quick left to an empty hallway away from the main arena of the house that people stood by.

Anaya saw the other side of the stairs and decided to go up- carelessly. She walked around the empty hallway as the noise from downstairs became muffled, and another sound made way to her.

She looked to her left, and there were two big double doors. She went to the side of the door, and her breathing halted as the door opened, but the servant came out and gave her a respectful nod, as she let out her breath. As the man left, she used her pinky to stop the door from completely closing, and then she heard the voices clear.

"The meeting is tomorrow, my son."

"Yes. It is."

"Are you going to let her go after it?"

"Yes, father."

Anaya's lips parted as she felt an inch of her heart light up in hope. Ali is going to let her go?

"You're stupid for that, use her for what you can. Why do you care?"

"There's no need. The wealth will be transferred to us, what is the point of keeping her here?"

"Let me refresh your mind of the bullshit Abdul put us through-"

"No, no, no. Please, Ya Allah. Please let me out of here." Anaya thought.

"That man stole our capital- he made me go bankrupt. He ruined my name. That girl is the last of him, and I want every part of him to suffer."

"He's already dead. There's no point." She heard Ali say

Although it hurt, he was correct. Why is she paying for her father's mistakes?

"Wreck her. I hate her, and his family must suffer. Do this in my name."

A silent tear fell out of Anaya's eye. As she left and turned into the other side of the hallway. She was so hurt, and mad. How can this world be so cruel? Anaya cried, as her fate was so miserable.

She ran down the stairs and saw a lot of the people leaving, probably noticing the bride and groom were now gone.

This was her chance she needed to run, she needed to escape. She walked into the kitchen and open one of the long drawers, pulling out a small but very sharp knife, and she slid the non-pointy side into her waistband.

Martha walked into the kitchen and smiled at Anaya putting the plate of empty champagne glasses on the counter.

"Martha, how long till this party ends?" She asked.

"Oh, people are starting to leave now. See?" Martha replied and pointed at the drunk people, some holding on to each other and the others just tumbling out the door.

This was it. This was her chance.

"Okay," Anaya said.

She quickly walked back to her room and changed into something less noticeable as quickly as she could.

She walked out the door, and she saw another wasted girl just leaning against a wall.

"Hey, do you want me to drop you off to your car?"

"Oh! Yes," She muttered.

Anaya puts the girl's arm around her waist and lowers her head to prevent any sight dropping on her.

"Which is your car?" Anaya asked.

"The red Volvo."

Anaya looked around quickly and spotted the red car parallel parked, and she had never moved faster then she did in the next few moments. She dragged the girl and almost ran towards the car, unlocking it with the keys from the girl's purse. She set down the lady in the backseat and turned on the car- locking all doors.

The car's navigation system came on and gave her a few options, so she quickly chose the first that said home, and began speeding out of the premises. Anaya's adrenaline was pumping, she was fiercely shaking.

Fear, anxiety, sadness, uncertainty, panic- all these emotions and more rushed through her body, as she speeded down the empty road.

"Oh Ya Allah, let this be the end of this hardship. Please help me escape." She prayed.

"Turn left, your destination is on your right." The GPS said.

Anaya whipped the car into the doors and the guard knocked on the window, not recognizing Anaya- so she pulled down the backseat window and pointed to the woman, and then the guard opened the gates.

As soon as she pulled into the driveway, the butler and a couple of maids rushed in to take care of the lady.

"I'm sorry for the inconveniece, she insisted on going alone." The butler told Anaya.

"That's fine. Umm, do you think I can have a ride back home?"

"Yes, of course. Would you like me to take you?" He asked.

"Yes, that's fine. Let me type in the address." Anaya said getting out of the driver's seat and into the passenger.

She typed in her home address as quickly as she could, and the butler began to drive.

Anaya read all the of the dua's she knew, praying over and over again for this to work. This was such a huge step, she couldn't afford to get caught at this point, because god knows what Ali would do to her.

The GPS read fifteen minutes, but it felt like fifteen hours. She was starting to get dizzy and nauseous from the panic, but she had to control herself. She had to get Jameela and all the cash she had from home and run somewhere they couldn't find right away, maybe a hotel.

"Is everything okay ma'am?" The man asked.

"Y-yes. J-just s-sleepy." She said, timidly.

Just a couple of minutes later, the car pulled into the familiar driveway, but she had no feeling of comfort.

"This isn't my house, can you wait for me? I just need to get someone." Anaya stammered.

"Yeah...I guess?"

Anaya jumped out of the car whispering a thank you.

She knew this wasn't the safest idea, but she needed to make sure Jameela was safe. After hearing Ali's father, she doubted they would attack her as well, maybe even burn down their house for all she knew.

Her heart was beating so fast she felt like she was going to pass out. She ran to the door and banged on it with her palm, pressing the bell over and over again. Until finally the doorknob twisted open and there stood Jameela, in her long scarf and widened eyes.

"Anaya!"

"There's no time Amee. Follow me." She ran into the house, closing all the three locks of the main door.

Anaya sprinted up the stairs, and rushed into her room, pulling out her bottom nightstand drawer- where she kept her cash. She tucked it into her pocket.

"Anaya! What is going on?" Jameela yelled.

"Amee, I was kidnapped. They're after me. We need to get out of here." Anaya said, running back down the stairs.

"Let's call the cops!" Jameela said.

"No! There is no time. We need to get out of this house, and then we will call them. Or else we'll have to wait here until they show up. They have their eyes on me, this house is a death trap. I just know it." Anaya said, taking Jameela's phone and putting it into her pocket.

"Do you have cash? Go get it. We need to run," Anaya said.

"Yes, okay. One minute."

"Hurry!"

Jameela ran into her room and grabbed the spare cash she saved up and ran back to Anaya.

"Let's go!" Anaya said, running to the door, she peeked through the hole first, and then saw that the car was gone, and instead there stood a black car.

"Ya Allah, Ya Allah. No No No." Anaya whispered.

Anaya grabbed Jameela's hand and ran down into the attic, to hide. Her hands shaking, and tears rushing to her eyes, she began to call the authorities.

Until a gloved hand grabbed the phone.

Anaya let out the loudest screech until she was whipped around, and her mouth was covered.

She looked into the person's eyes.

Their face covered in a mask, but the eyes were to terrifyingly memorable to forget.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 33.6K 67
Highest raking 1#spiritual He pinned me to the wall his face were inch away from mine , I turn my face because of smell of alcohol suffocating my bre...
152K 7.4K 46
Guys it's going to be a pure and innocent love story. If anyone is looking for a dark romantic story then it's not for you. But still you are welcome...
278K 8.8K 56
#1 1/1/20 #8. 1/1/20 #3 in mafia story ❤❤❤❤❤❤ #wattys2020 YOU deserve this... your f**king father were the reason of your all suffering , He sai...
932K 43.2K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...