Alone Together // Pete Wentz

By thisisalliwant

When Anna's family moves to a new state, everything seems new and exciting- especially a certain boy. At firs... More

Before it Gets Better
What a Catch
Young and Reckless
A penny for your thoughts
Where did the party go
Saturday
I don't care!
Me and You
Best Kept Secret
Sophomore Slump
Dance Dance
Troubled Thoughts
Have you ever wanted to dissapear?
A Little Less 16 Candles
From Under The Cork Tree
A little more touch me
It's My Confusion
Why Do We Like To Hurt So Much
Im A Nervous Wreck
Love Like War
Break Your Little Heart
So Long and Goodnight
Thriller
Wasted Love
Wake Me Up
Remember Me
Give Me Therapy
Thnks Fr th Mmrs
I Still Want You Back
Don't Waste Your Time On Me
Better Off As Lovers
I'm Gonna Ask Her to Marry Me
All I wanted

A Daydream Away

1.5K 48 12
By thisisalliwant

8 days later
~Anna's POV~
Jack's idea worked. Within the past weeks I have remembered almost everything, from childhood to school. I'm back to full mental and physical health. It's really amazing to be in full control of my life again. And it's all because of my newest friends. I've been able to come every day and work with Tom, until Jack and Alex get back from school and they join us. That's one thing Im dreading returning to- school. But the doctors said I can return this Monday at the latest. It's Friday now, and im sitting here with the two goofs themselves.
Jack's idea was to write songs. With his, Alex, and Tom's help, I've written 4 songs so far. Julia and I are even thinking about forming a band. The only thing is, we'd need a lead guitarist and a bass player. Who knows, maybe it'll happen someday.
"Jackkkk! Get off me." Alex groans. Alex struggles to push Jack off his lap, but then gives up and collapses.
"Awh. Otp." I say under my breath. You see, after the first hour of being with them that first day, I realized that they both liked each other. Tom knew it too, I could tell. It seemed everyone knew, but them of course. Alex's phone rings. Turns out he's late to a special family dinner.
"Bye Anna, Bye Jack!" He smiles, grabs his bag and sprints out the door.
"And then there were two." I say laughing. "Jack can I ask you something?"
"Sure, anything." He replies.
"Do you.. Like Alex?" I say cautiously. His cheeks turn red and he turns away. "Yeah, of course, he's my best friend.." He replies quietly.
"You know what I meant, Jack. You can tell me anything, you know that too." I smile at him.
"Okay maybe a little- Wait how did you know?" Jack asks defensively.
"Well uh.... You want the truth?" I look into his eyes.
"No, please lie." He says sarcastically but then laughs. "Yeah."
"It's kinda obvious that you like Alex and Alex likes you." I say slowly.
"Alex doesn't like me. Why would he?" Jack's expression turns sad.
"Excuse me, Barakat? Look, im not one for cursing but you're pretty fucking great." I declare.
"Thanks, pal. You too. Even though I've only known you a weeks or so, I feel like we're gonna be friends for awhile." Jack smiles at me. I've heard that before.... But maybe this time it would be different.
"Thanks, I feel the same way." I say. A moment of silence passes.
"How can we get Alex to know I like him?" Jack asks me quietly. I think for a minute.
"Do what we do best. We'll write him a song! You can even perform it in front of a bunch of people." I say excitedly.
"That's a great idea! Can I show you something?" Jack asks me again
"Of course." I reply as he takes out a notebook.
"I wrote this song for Alex.. It's not good at all, but tell me what you think." He flips to a page filled with scribbled lyrics.

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You'd offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
"Oh my god, Jack! These are amazing!" I say, enthusiasticly.
He laughs. "Thanks. The only problem is, I can't really sing well, so I can't perform it for him."
"I've heard you sing, Jack. You're quite good, just like you're good at everything else. Stop doubting yourself!" I punch him in the shoulder.
"But I seriously can't sing." Jack insists, laughing. I make an exasperated noise. He thinks for a minute.
"I'll sing if you sing with me." He says with a sly smile. He's good. I could never refuse him, and he knows that.
"Jaaaaack." I groan.
"Annaaaa." He mocks.
"I'd panic and freeze up." I say quietly.
"You'd be nervous at the beginning, but once you start singing, you'll drown out everything and let the music surround you." He says, completely serious.
"That was deep." I laugh. "But... You're probably right."
"I know. So will you do it?" He begs.
"Well.. I guess so." I give in.
"️️YAY YAY YAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" Jack yells and throws his arms around me.

~Jack's POV~
"Hey Alex! How was your dinner? Also, can you meet me at the downtown pizza place tomorrow at 8 pm?" I try to say casually over the phone.
"It sucked major *insert male private part here*! And 8pm? Sounds good. Wanna come over?" He says happily. Hell yeah I would. But I have to practice, like a loooot.
"I- sorry I can't. I have to work a double shift today." I try to make my lie believeable. I feel bad, but it's for a good cause.
"Awwh okay. Seeya tomorrow! Love you." Alex says. "Oh-Wait, sorry I didnt mean to say that im just used to being on the phone with my mom and-"
"Love you too Lex." I laugh and hang up. I know he thinks it's in a brotherly way. But it's way more than that.
"Ready to rock!" I say to Anna. She takes off her headphones.
"What?"

~Anna's POV~
Once I write the melody we practice until it's 9pm. We perform in less than 24 hours. I yawn.
"Let's play through one more time." Jack says and I nod.
I sing the verses with Jack harmonizing. He strums every chord perfectly. I have to admit, we sound pretty good. Jack claps and i join him. Im not dreading tomorrow as much as I'd thought I'd be.

In the Downtown Pizza Place at 7:30 pm the next day

The owners are so cool here. Apparently, they let bands or singers perform here every Saturday night. Maybe that's why I see a photo of Fall Out Boy hanging on the wall. Anthony sees my staring at the picture.
"Hey, aren't you Pete's girlfriend?" He asks in a friendly way. If only he knew.
"Well.. It's complicated." I reply with a sad smile.
"Oh, sorry to hear that. If he did anything wrong, know that he's a good kid at heart." Anthony smiles and walks off to greet some customers. I have fixed feeling about that statement. I mean, of course Pete's a good guy. But then again, is he really? Most people say if someone cheats in a relationship, you should never go back to them or trust them ever again. Personally, Im still working it out in my head.
"Anna, we're set up and ready to go!" Jack grins at me. He looks great. Black skinny jeans, purple v neck, white high tops. I know Alex is going to love this.
"Great!" I smile. "Let's warm up."
We take requests from happy customers in the restaurant, enjoying their pizza and other Italian foods. We end up playing The Middle by Jimmy Eat World, Miss Murdr by AFI, and a bunch of other cool songs. Jack on guitar and back up vocals, and I singing. I glance at the clock to the left of the little stage. 7:59.
"Jack, Alex should be here any second." I say to Jack. He looks both nervous and overjoyed at that. The entrance door opens, and I half expect it to be like a movie, with Alex running towards Jack in slow motion and Jack embracing Alex and spinning him around in a field of daisies. But oh, how wrong I am. Pete. Our of all the people, of course it's him. Isn't he supposed to be on tour? What's going on? My breathing gets heavy and I leap off the stage and into the additional seating room which is thankfully empty. Seconds later, Jack's hand is on my shoulder.
"That's Pete, isn't it?" He says even though he knows the answer.
"Yeah." I say in a small voice.
"I thought he was on tour?" Jack seems confused.
"Join the club." I shrug.
"Only if I can be the leader." Jack smirks.
"Deal. Now what am I going to do?" I ask, out of ideas.
"Im not gonna make you sing if you don't want to, that guy kinda seems like a dick." Jack shrugs. For some reason, that I get defensive when he says that.
"No he.." I start to defend Pete and then realize what im doing. "Im still gonna sing. I just.. Won't make eye contact."
"I knew it. Also, nice plan there bucko. Just completly ignore him, it'll bother the shit outta him." Jack laughs.
"You knew what?" I ask.
"Well uh... You want the truth?" He asks, teasing me now.
"Real funny." I say sarcastically, by end up laughing anyways.
"It's kinda obvious that-" Jack starts by is interrupted by Anthony.
"Jack, someone is looking for you." Anthony calls from the other room.
"Be right there!" Jack calls. We hurry out onto the stage to see an eager looking Alex sitting at a table by himself. He looks shocked and then overjoyed once he sees us up on stage.
"Jack! Anna!" He calls from his seat.
"Alex!" We both say into our mics at the same time.
"Jinx, double jinx-" We say in sync again.
"Just play already!" A man shouts from the corner of the room.
"Aye aye captain!" Jack says. "This ones called A Daydream Away, written by this girl," He points to me. "And I. Hope you like it. Oh yeah, it's dedicated to you, Alex." Jack smirks at Alex and then plays the intro.

"I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon..." I sing, at first kind of quiet, but my confidence growing with each note. I look back at Jack for a second and he grins at me and strums away. Alex looks like he's about to cry from happiness, and I have to say it's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. But my eyes keep wanting to go to the table where Pete is sitting alone. I manage to not look at him for most of the song, but during the final verse I can't help but take a glance.
"We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
(A/N: she craves that mineral)
And a little lime..." I sing as I make direct eye contact. I feel calm and powerful as I hit the notes, and Pete bites his lip. We finish the song and Alex runs up and hugs Jack tightly.
"Thank you, everyone!" I say into the mic and make my way out of the restaurant before Pete gets the chance to talk to me. I know Jack will understand, and I'd text him later for sure. But for now, I needed to get home.

~Pete's POV~
I walk into the pizza place as I've done so many times on a Friday night, except this time what I see confuses me like you wouldn't believe. What is Anna doing here? Since I know she sees me, she's probably thinking the same thing. Well, the New York part of our tour got postponed due to heavy snow, so we have a weeks break to spend back at home. When I look back at her, she's gone. I sigh and Anthony seats me at my usual table, which has a perfect view of the mini stage.
"You miss her." Anthony told me more than asked me.
"Yeah.." I whisper.
"Well than win her back." He says, as if it simple.
"Thanks, but what I've done isn't simply forgiven." I smile sadly at him. He shrugs. "True love always wins, in the end." (A/N: Linkin Park references are v strong rn.) The door opens and Anothony gets up to greet the customer. I swear, even though Anthony is just a waiter/ host, he's pretty much my go to guy if I ever need someone to tell about my problems.
"Alex!" I hear Anna's voice and another's shout into a mic. I turn to the stage and stare at her, ignoring them interacting with a boy sitting alone.
She's wearing dark jeans, black converse, and a mint green long sleeve shirt. Her hair is completely straight, and she has eyeliner on. No, its not creepy to notice small details like that.
"This one's called A Daydream Away, written by this girl," The boy onstage with her says, pointing to Anna."And I!" Jealousy flows through me. So what, she wrote a song with him? That's nothing compared to what I did. Why do I care so much, then? My thoughts are interupted by a familiar soft voice. Anna sings in harmony with the boy, as he plays guitar. I have to admit, the lyrics are good, and it's obviously a love song. The melody is perfect too. I stare at her throughout the song. She finally looks at me, during a few particularly ironic lines, and then looks away to finish the song. I clap along with everyone. The boy who they were interacting with earlier runs up onstage and hugs the other boy. Okay, now Im even more confused.
"Thank you, everyone!" Anna says into the mic and then sneaks past a crowd of people and out of the door. Oh no you don't. Im not letting you get away this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 347 11
Y/n Parker is the sister of Peter Parker and is younger than Peter for only 1 minute. Peter woud be protective over Y/n sometimes, even when it come...
9.7K 305 51
Alex Rodgers has had a tough life. As an only child to abusive parents, there wasn't much to look forward to. When both her parents die in an acciden...
14.5K 558 42
Second part of the "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!" series. After a year of being apart, Patrick and Pete get back together, but will it get bet...
22.6K 747 37
When Mathew gets bullied, he has nowhere to go. He has a history of violent family problems, but when Abigail comes to his school as the new girl, he...