Troubled Thoughts

-----TRIGGER WARNING-----

~Anna's POV~

So there I was, slowly walking along the sidewalk, away from the school. I wanted to go faster, but it was nearly impossible because I was still blinded by my tears. I should have known it would end like this. Why had I gotten so close to him? Never get close to anyone again, I swore to myself. I heard yelling from behind me and turned around. Julia was running towards me. I stopped walking.

"Anna wait... Please!" She panted, putting a hand on my shoulder. She was the only person I could trust right now.

"What?" I said in a whisper.

"You know that wasn't his fault right?" She tried to say. You know what I said before, about her being the only one I could trust? I guess I was wrong.

"Yeah, sure." I said, turning around and starting to walk again.

"STOP!" She shrieked. I heard the desperation in her voice.

"WHAT? I saw what happened! He was kissing that girl, and when he saw me he stopped. I thought what we had was special, but apparently it wasn't. And you're just taking his side-" My voice cracked, but I wouldn't let myself cry again.

"No please that's not what happened!" Julia pleaded. "Courtney kissed him! He tried to stop her but he couldn't. You came in at the worst possible time and it made the situation look 100 times worse! Please believe me.." She looked as though she were going to start crying too.

"I want to believe you.. But I don't think I can. I'm sorry, I just... I don't know." I said, cracking again. More tears spilled from my eyes. I turned around so she couldn't see. But she did. She hugged me, and told me that it would all be okay. Again, I wanted to believe her but I knew it wouldn't. Imagine the person you love, kissing someone else right in front of you. My mind screamed. Did I seriously love him? I've only known him for a few weeks. Maybe I was overreacting.. But suddenly, there were more voices. I broke free from Julia's hug to see who was coming. Of course it was the worst possible person. Pete. He was sprinting with Patrick, about 50 feet away from us. I needed to go. I couldn't see him again. No, I had to leave.

"I- Im sorry... I-Ill text you later I promise..." I told Julia and started to back away from them all.

I heard Pete call my name but I ignored him. Julia looked at me with saddened eyes and grabbed onto my arm.

"Please don't go! Just listen to Pete, he will explain everything." She told me.

"No. I'm leaving. Sorry." I tried to break her grip, but she didn't let go.

"Please! Let go!" I struggled.

"No Anna stop!" She said, looking behind her. Pete had finally arrived with Patrick and was looking at me through the most pained expression I had ever seen. The three of them stood there, all watching me. At the same time Julia and Patrick both looked at Pete expectantly. That was when I finally managed to get my arm loose. I started to sprint down the sidewalk, not once looking back. I kept sprinting until I got to Memory Lane. Once I got to my driveway, I opened up the front door, slamming it behind me. I dashed up the stairs and into my room, locking the door. I collapsed onto my bed in tears. After what seemed like forever, I finally managed to stop crying. I lifted my head up from my pillow, and cursed. My makeup had stained my pillowcase. I went into the bathroom, which was connected to my room. Becca's room was also connected, but she was probably at the dance so I didn't worry about that. Although I didn't know for sure that she was... We didn't talk at all so I hardly knew anything that was going on in her life. And she didn't know anything about mine.. But maybe that was for the best. I took a look in the mirror, and choked back another sob. Mascara and eyeliner had left black stains running from my eyes to the bottom of my cheeks. They looked like black tears. My hair had gotten all tangled from running so much. My eyes were swollen and red, and I was a general mess. I washed off my face until it was clear, and brushed my hair out too. I took of my dress, and changed into pajama shorts with a tank top. Then I put my hair into a pony tail. Ahhh, much better. I took out my phone to play some depressing songs to fit the mood. 18 new messages! It turned out that Julia had texted me 3 times, Patrick, Joe, Andy, Gerard, Mikey, Ray, And even Lacy had texted me once. Frank had texted me twice, and Pete had texted me 6 times. I didn't want to read Pete's, but I wanted to see what my friends had to say. Patrick, Joe, Andy, Gerard, Mikey, and Lacy all asked if I was okay. Julia had texted me about how I should answer Pete and asked me if I needed her to come over and talk. I didn't read Pete's messages, because I knew that would make me start crying again. And Frank had texted me..