Halo x RWBY: Spartans Duty

By BadGuyBob

Spartan 445, Reven Frost (codename Spartan Shadow) is sent on a mission to neutralize a Covenant cruiser on i... More

Mission Reflex
Beacon Tower
Initail Impressions
First Encounter
RVNT
Past Burdens
Queen's Crest
Flash of War
Survivor's Reunion
Fireteam Viper
Missing In Action
Leviathan's Maw
The Runaway and the Stowaway
The Massacre

10% Power

1.2K 22 30
By BadGuyBob

The bell rang, releasing everyone from Port's exaggerated stories. Besides the killing of various Grimm, Port's class was usually boring. Even Reven, who was learning at college level when he was 10, lost interest. History class was his favorite. It's the only class he actually seemed to learn anything in. It was the most difficult as well as he missed the earlier history taught in lower level schools.

Team RVNT walked to the cafeteria for lunch. When they got there Reven split off the group like always to sit in the shadowed corner table alone. He didn't mind. Tyson's shenanigans annoyed him and he wanted to spare people the horror of his scarred face and charred head. He usually spent lunch studying various aspects of Remnant that Beacon didn't teach, like dust manufacturing, government policies and semblance theory.

Reven sat down and removed his helmet as he digged his nose into his book titled Semblances Correlation with Magic. He was 5 articles in to laughingstock Dr. Kyper Dawn's arguement when he heard someone wince in pain followed by laughter. Reven put his book down as he looked up to see Cardin tugging on Velvets ears. She obviously didn't want to retaliate. Without second thought Reven calmly put on his helmet, stood up and walked over to them.

"Cardin Winchester. Release her."

Cardin looked over in suprise. In amusement he pushed Velvet away who hastily turned around and started walking away.

"Velvet." Reven called. Velvet turned, "try and stay clear of these idiots."

Velvet turned and left, blushing in embarrassment without saying a word. Reven turned back to Cardin who was giving off an angry look. Reven was in no way intimidated.

"You have gained rank of a team leader. With men now following you, I suggest you grow up and set an example."

"Whatever. You freaks look out for each other don't you? Why dont you go ahead and do the robot for us? Show us your moves?" Cardin teased. Reven simply turned around to return to his seat somewhat confused at thier lame pathetic attempt at mocking him.

"I've had it!" Yang yelled standing up. "You have been bullying people for too long!"

"Yang Stand Down!" Reven yelled. "The victims of his crimes chose not to retaliate. Because unlike him we can show self control. We are in a school designed to train worriers. So don't fight their battles for them."

Yang looked at Reven in disbelief before returning to her seat. Cardin scoffed.

"I knew Atlas military was just a bunch of whimps." He remarked.

Reven walked over to them yet again. Noticing that only team CRDL was on thier table segment, Reven flipped it over, gaining the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. Reven looked at tables in between them and the wall with the windows and gestured the students sitting there to get out of the way. They hastily obliged. Team CRDL was getting up from under the table when Reven kicked it, sending it flying towards the wall with them, crashing into the other tables along the way. The table smashed into splinters against the wall sending Team CRDL out the windows.

The entire cafeteria stared at Reven in silent amazement. Reven simply turned around with out saying a word and started walking back towards his seat.

"Oh Reven. I don't think you wanted to do that. Why don't you come and finish the job?" Cardin teased as he was climbing back into the cafeteria along with his team.

Reven shook his head and turned around. "Cardin Winchester, stand down. I do not wish to humiliate you any further."

"Oh we won't be the ones being laughed at."

"Save it for the sparring matches. I have no quarrel with you."

"Sorry clanker but the feeling's not mutual."

Reven sighed and opened his coms to call for Clover. Unfortunately that ment people close to him could hear what he said. Including team CRDL. "Clover, drop suit power levels down to 30%, I don't wish to kill any of them. Actually make it 10%, let's give them a good fight.

"Acknowledged."

Team CRDL exchanged glances before advancing on Reven. He looked over and gestured the people on the table next to him to move. They quickly obeyed and before Cardin could put 1 and 2 together, him and his team were slapped by the entire table launching them into a neat pile on a nearby table, causing it's inhabitants to run. Reven flipped the table in his hands so it's flat surface faced the ground, then proceeded to smash it upon CRDL. Reven snapped off two table legs when Cardin retaliated by pushing the table off them at high speeds. Reven stopped it with his forearm then proceeded to kick it back at them. Cardin rolled out of the way but his team was caught in blast. They were launched with the tables as people started to run.

Cardin rolled up as Reven walked over, table legs in hand. Cardin threw a punch which was easily blocked by a leg. Then in a blurr, Reven flipped the other table leg back handed and struck Cardin's stomach then face. Just as quickly he switched his gripping in the other leg and hooked it around Cardin's throat, putting him in a hostage position, right before he was kicked forward. But being caught on the leg, Cardin was forced into a brutal backflip that was interrupted when Reven kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying into an advancing teammate.

Reven looked to the side to find Sky running at him on the table with Russle a considerable ways behind him. Reven flipped the table leg in his right hand and threw it forcefully at Sky. He put his forearms up to block the speeding projectile but it was useless. The table leg shattered and Sky was knocked on his back. Just as quickly, Reven slammed his fist down on the table sending the other side flying upwards. Sky, who was launched to an upright position with the table, got bashed by the fist of the calculated spartan and obliterated the table as he was thrown through it, depleting him of his aura.

Russle sideflipped over his limp teammate and jumped at Reven for a heavy attack. Reven who just wanted to get back to his chicken tenders grabbed the aggressors face turned around and slammed his head into the cafeteria floor, cracking it and breaking Russles aura in addition to knocking him out completely. Hearing an attack from behind Reven grabbed Russles limp feet and swung him around, hitting his fellow comrade into the remaining table.

A crash was heard above followed by falling rubble and a descending locker which Reven narrowly avoided by rolling. The hole in the roof shone upon the locker as it opened, it's back to Reven. Cardin jumped on the Spartans back and took out his mace before kicking the locker at the worrior. Reven easily slapped the locker aside but behind it was Cardin who bashed his helmet with a heavy uppercut from his mace. Reven stumbled backwards before grabbing the handle of the mace which was coming in for another swing. Cardin tried prying his weapon from shadow's grasp to no avail. Reven then grabbed Cardin by the chest plate and held him in the air.

"Cardin Winchester, you have lost. Stand down. Final warning."

Cardin smiled weakly before kicking Reven in the stomach. Reven sighed before throwing him as hard as he could with little assistance from his moljnir armor into the pillar at the end of the cafeteria. The pillar cracked and fell with an unconscious Cardin.

"100%!" Reven yelled before throwing Cardins mace at full strength. The mace hit the falling pillar, exploding it on impact, sending rubble flying everywhere and saving Cardins life.

And with that Reven finally flicked his wrist, flinging the last table leg at Dove who was struggling to get up. The leg shattered upon Dove's face where he went unconscious like the rest of his team. Within 50 seconds all threats were neutralized.

Reven, looked over to see the only remaining students were teams RWBY, JNPR, and RVNT. They were speechless at the raw power in which Reven possessed. The door flew open and in came a furious Goodwich. She looked around seeing food and table splinters strewn everywhere.

"What happened?" Goodwich demanded simply.

"Well you see what happened was..." Ruby started before Reven cut her off by putting up a fist.

"Clover transfer the footage from the last two minutes into a folder on my scroll." He ordered.

"Of course."

Reven reactivated his coms so the others could here him. "The words of the youth could be twisted or perhaps misunderstood." He held up his scroll and handed it to Goodwich. "I prefer a more solid answer. I've transferred the recordings from my helmet into the scroll. Interpret it as you will."

Reven walked out of the cafeteria, only making a detour to retrieve his book. The rest followed impatiently.

"That was awesome!" Nora yelled.

"How did you do that?" Jaune asked.

"Oh I wish I could see you with weapons!" Ruby said.

Reven turned around and said loudly. "No! That was not a victory. That was a fiasco. Combat is necessary for Grimm. When we handle problems from people, fighting should be a last resort. Compromise, diplomacy, debate. That's what should have occurred. Impulses like that is what brings about war and crime. Had I not brought down my armors power they could have died. I could've killed them. Different story then. I lost self control and now 3 men are unconscious. They may stop thier antics but not because of moral righteousness, but because of fear. And once you start controlling one by fear, that's when rebellion and retaliation occurs. That is why we need soldiers. Not free roaming worriers."

"Well hey, I still think it was pretty cool." Yang admitted.

Reven sighed and walked away.

"Oh come on, he totally deserved it. I thought you might leave a peice for me though" Yang persisted following the spartan.

"Your recklessness only breeds violence, the very thing we try to prevent."

"Says you. I came here to kick some butt!"

"And you certainly can do that. However I've seen the worst side of things and prefer never to have people witness what I have. "

"Ooh backstory. I love backstory!" Nyssa said catching up with them.

"I'm not getting into it. My history is classified on the highest authorities. Just know that I've seen the worst. I've been to hell and gave it a good beating. And my only job is to make sure no circumstances arise where some one will suffer the same fate."

"Oooh. Mysterious. Dude you really need to learn humility. Not everything's about you dude. But that back there that was fuc-" Tyson started.

Ruby cleared her throat loudly.

"Up yours."

"Tyson!"

"Don't you ever talk to my sister that way again!" Yang warned.

"Oh I'm so scared." Tyson teased. That did not sit well with Yang.

"He's all yours." Reven said without looking behind him.

Yang then punched Tyson in the face and launched him into the ground. Reven smiled underneath his helmet, for Yang lived the dream that he so desperately wanted.

"So where did you learn all that?" Jaune asked.

"Classified."

"Where did you get your armor?"

"Classified."

"Who is Clover?" Ren asked.

"You weren't supposed to hear that. It's..."

"Classified, we know." Nyssa finished. "You know you say a team should trust each other but we know almost nothing about you."

"Well then look at what you do know."

"Let's do that. Your first team speech you told us you will break us and that our lives don't matter. You also told us that our only purpose is to die fighting. Then afterwards you isolate yourself from us as much as possible only meeting us to beat us up. You figure out how trustworthy you look." Tyson said, wiping his nose to clear it of blood stains.

Reven slowed down to a stop.

"Well you look like you have your issues to work out. Good luck!" Yang said before walking off followed by her and Jaune's team.

"Well for what it's worth, I think you preformed admirably." Phyrra finally said before following her team.

Shadow looked at his team intently. "All you need to know about me is that I chose to be here. I could be doing special ops in Atlas or stomping bandits. Hell, I could take down the white fang right now if I so choose. But I'm here with you. I am a dangerous force to be reckoned with but I'm a force for good. So what I need is trust that I will do everything I can to assure your skills acend all what you thought possible. Trust that everything I do is for the betterment of Remnant and for you. It's true that you don't know anything about my past and that is not my choice. But I made up for that in making my personality and intentions clear."

"That's not enough. How can we be sure that your intentions are what you say they are with out you giving us any reasons to believe it?" Nyssa argued.

Reven sighed. "I'll schedule a meeting with Ironwood. Because in the end, what you know depends on him. Now before you trust me I need to know If I can trust you. I need to know that all classified information that I may share with you remains that way."

Tyson looked at Reven in disbelief. "To hell with you man. I ain't gonna bend down and kiss your shoe just so I can listen to a sob story. In all honesty I don't care. Because I don't trust you. Back there. That was badass. I'm not going to pretend it's not. But don't think for a second that you've gained my respect because of it. Now I'm not gonna go into my story again like a pathetic whimpering dog begging for pity, but you know very well why I don't trust you."

"Ah yes, childhood trauma. The burden that stops all logical progression."

"That is exactly what they used to say."

Reven and Tyson locked eyes with each other, fighting for dominance. Vance and Nyssa yet again felt unwanted in the feud.

"One semester." Reven finally said. "I get one semester before I become another Atlas asset. That is all the time I get to make you worriers.  That was my deal with Ozpin. I dont know what will happen with team Revnant when I leave. Right now you guys are my mission and I refuse to fail. So trust me or not I will train you. I will lead you. You came to Beacon to be the best of the best, I can make you so."

"You aren't a goddamn teacher. You get one semester? Good. These two can do what they want. But I'm not taking orders from anyone, especially you." Tyson said putting his foot down.

"Reven Frost." Professor Goodwich said as she walked up the corridor. "The headmaster would like a word with you in his office. Now."

And with that the argument was over. Tyson scoffed and walked away, flipping him off when Goodwich turned around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 744 15
(Y/n) Valkyrie has made his comeback as the newly improved Huntsmen Extraordinaire! Having finally made it to Mistral, our hero and co. are on their...
5.3K 70 10
Jaune is back for his second semester at beacon. He was gets better and better and now he's in some dangerous mission. Get ready the next adventure.
39.9K 875 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
4.1K 49 50
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...