Psychotic Maniac

By klarolinefan11

Edward Churchill Blake is the COO in his father's company aiming to replace his brother as CEO. His plan in m... More

Aesthetics and Warning
Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter: 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 6

710 197 678
By klarolinefan11

Estella thought her day was gonna pass in a blur—she cleaned her room, decluttered some of her old clothes, went to donate them to charity, came back, reorganized her shelves but even then she had so much time to kill. 

Lilah had made mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade sausage for lunch when she went downstairs. 

After her tummy was filled, she helped her with the dishes, watched netflix, and by the end of the seventh episode, her dad returned from New Jersey. He was working on his new contract which, as per him, would be done in less than two months. 

Estella went for her usual coffee at Beck's and returned home before dinner. It was half-past nine when the lights went out. 

She plopped on her comfy bed, her phone flipping in her hands while raw thoughts consumed her mind.

I have a place to show. Be ready. I'll call you. He had told her yesterday, after lunch. However, his call never came. The only text she received from him was that  c

he had some errands to run and he'd get back the next day. 

It was the early morning when he called her. 

"Hey, " she acted if she wasn't sleeping and hid her morning raspy voice. 

"Morning, " his voice was clear, not like her. He must have gotten up way before her, she thought and glanced up to see the time. It read eight forty-nine. 

She yawned, careful not to make any noise. "Morning, Edward." 

"So you're up for it?" He asked. "No turning backs, right?"  

"Yes, we have a deal," she said, leaving her bed and stalking to the bathroom. "I'll go get ready for that." 

"Oh not now." He said quickly. She frowned. "I'm busy. How about after two hours?" 

She was so excited about this opportunity. "Yeah sure." 

"I'll pick you up." He announced and the line got cut. 

She saw in the mirror how her lips curved in disappointment. It pinched her a little how monotonous he was with her. Shrugging, she bent down to the sink and splashed her face with cold water. 

....

"Where are we going?" She asked him as soon as she hopped in his car. 

Edward was dressed in a plain gray sweatshirt and a black jacket over it. Today he was wearing a black jeans. He looked younger with his pale skin and black eyes that highlight his beautiful features. However it was the round glasses that gave him the different look. 

She liked that but didn't say aloud. 

"Nice dress." He said and she awkwardly withdrew her eyes off him, hoping she wasn't caught gaping him. 

"I like this. It suits me well." Estella looked at her black vintage jumpsuit. She was wearing it over a white a white top. Her eyes frantically moved from him to her, noticing their clothes were pairing up. 

"Yeah, it does." He said, tugging a small smile at the corner of his lips, probably thinking the same thing as her. 

He started the engine, roaring it with life, and whipped it on the road. She expelled a breath, trying to perceive the air of sitting with him. Usually, it was she who could make people nervous around her but it was Edward that made her bite her lips. 

"You've been busy lately," she said, sounding casual. 

He kept his eyes on the road and answered. "I have new responsibilities now." 

"Anyway, " he said. "Everything has been about me lately. We never talked about you."   

"There's not much to be honest," She sighed, her mind taking a stroll into her past. "My last job didn't work out for me." 

"Are you single?" His eyes were fixed on the road. His voice was too neutral to guess why he asked her that. 

"No!" She said, "Why would you ask that question?' 

He spared her a glance. "We'd be hanging out a lot in the upcoming time. I don't want trouble from your boyfriend, being jealous and nosy and all." 

"Well, I don't. There!" She said politely. 

Edward crossed another intersection and then took two lefts and stopped in front of a three-story building. 

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Kingston Avenue." He answered as he unbuckled his seat belt he saw Estella's seatbelt was stuck. "Let me help you." 

He leaned closer without a warning, and she leaned back in her seat, their shoulder brushing on the way. Edward's head was in front of her, and if she moved, his chin might touch her breast but no matter how much she kept the distance, the proximity was alarming. He smelled fresh, faint odor of sweaty cumin note and a hint of rose. 

"I think I got it," he announced, and there was a small click. He retreated back the same way he came, this time he looked at her. So close, So alluring. 

"Thanks!" She shrugged immediately, turning her head away and was out of the car.  "Why are we here?" 

"Just follow me." He waved his hand to the building. Estella was quietly frowning and went alongside with him and stopped on the third floor, room number six. 

"This is my penthouse." He declared.

Estella stared in amazement. "Nice." 

He unlocked the door and entered and she was right behind him when he flicked on the lights. It was smaller than she had presumed. Walking through a small hallway, she saw on one side was a highly furnished kitchen with all modern equipment and to her right was the living room. The white plastered walls surrounded the space with vintage paintings hanging on them. 

Edward went over to the chocolate couch placed in the living room and searched for a small remote. Estella continued to glance around. 

She heard a beep of A.C. which Edward had turned on and she watched him put the remote back on the rectangular coffee table before slumping on the bean bag, next to the couch. 

"Welcome to my place," Edward said. 

"What are we doing here, Edward?" She was confused as he was supposed to show her the blue prints of his project. 

"Oh, yes, " he finally realized. "The project." 

The next second, he was on his feet. "In here." He indicated at the door constructed on the wall in front of her. 

When the door opened, the light coming from there forced her to shut her eyes. Seconds later, she squinted and adjusted her vision according to the environment. 

Once she was on the other side of the door, the rest of the apartment was in front of her. It was the penthouse's biggest room, its wall made of steel and glass wall went from floor to ceiling. The rays of sunlight were penetrating from every direction. 

But the room was empty, not even a painting or vase except for a huge round mahogany desk and chairs around it to accommodate ten people. 

"This is my office." He said, opening the door for the balcony attached to the room. "Our office." 

Estella now stood next to him, enjoying the unobstructed view in front of her. 

"This is amazing." She exclaimed. "I mean having an office like that is a great start." 

They came back and sat at the Mahogany table, right next to each other and Edward extracted several binders from the pantries lined on the only cement and brick wall of the room. 

"Have it all." He said and walked out of the room. 

Estella sighed deeply and went through each and every binder. She was amazed to see how every element was organized and well handled. 

She took her time with fund allocation and cash flow and how it was going to be managed. Estella has been upfront about her idea of having a clothing line and Edward was quick to follow. The long term and short term goals, the location of textile factories, its estimated budget and workforce, and other elements that she'd forgotten were important for doing business. 

She took a second glance for cross-checking. 

After a while, Edward returned with a wine bottle and two glasses when she finished reading the list of textile designers, vendors, and retailers across the town and neighboring places. 

"Sorry I didn't have a wine opener. Had to get it from across the street." 

He placed the glass on the desk and poured the red liquid. "You are a quick reader." 

"I can be when I want to." She responded and noticed he was no longer wearing his jacket and his full sleeves sweatshirt displayed his frame. His shoulders and arms weren't broad but they were lean just right for his age. 

"So what are your thoughts?" He swept the wine to her.

Her thoughts? 

"I'm impressed you've pretty much figured it all out by yourself." 

He shook his hand. "Not all by myself. I told you I have a team. They have been helping me all the way." 

"This looks promising, " she honestly said. "How can I turn it down?" 

The grin on Edward was clear as the day. "Then it settles. We are partners after all." 

Estella held her breath hoping she wasn't running blind in any way. Smiling, she held the wine in the air. "Cheers to that." 

They both drank and Edward poured more for both of them. They were silent for a while, listening to nothing in particular except for birds chirping somewhere near them. And then she asked. "So, tell me something about you?" 

His brows went up. "Huh?" He mumbled before putting back the glass on the desk. "Nothing that is worth talking about," he answered. 

"Come on! You can't expect me to put a hundred thousand dollars at stake without knowing the person I'm partnering up with." 

Edward knew she was still testing him to check and doubt that was hovering her but he was cogent in his work. 

"What is it you want to know about me?" 

"First of all, is this the place you live?" 

"Sometimes." He said, leaning in his chair. 

"Where do you live then?" 

"I have a place at Maxwell and associate's commercial property. That's where we run our business. Carlos and I both. I crash there very often." 

"What about your family?" She was running her index finger on the rim of the wine glass.

His grip around the stem of the wine glass tightened and for the very first moment, he felt annoyed. He concealed his annoyance shortly, replacing it with one of his layers of poise. 

He agreed in an assuasive tone, adjusted himself on the chair, and said. "Mom left me and this world when I was in kindergarten. And dad, he's not much around. I pretty much travel with money my dad inherited from his dad and so I work sometime as a freelancer for his assurance." 

"Seems like you don't like working at all." She chuckled. "You are more like the free-spirited type." 

"You have no idea what exactly I am." He said. "I love work but some things aren't meant to be done by me. That is why just recently something came inside me and I found myself starting this business with my own will." 

Estella liked that. A need to prove yourself on your own. Just like her. 

Edward shot her a reassuring smile and mentally patted his back how swift in convincing someone like her he was. 

He didn't even have to make up any lies except his father lived right under his nose, here, in Brooklyn, their mansion facing the Jamaican Bay. The rest of the story was true—birth mother died, and traveling to new places to attend meetings, and sign deals alongside his father and Elvis. And how Estella was the thing that helped him kickstart an idea that was lingering inside his head. What a surprise that would be when his father would find a blooming business behind his back. That day would be the last day of his reign and Edward would take over, no matter who he had to cross. 

"Are you obsessed with black color? You mostly wear black" She asked, half joking. Her eyes were the prettiest, he noticed. 

"I think I am." He admitted. "I like dark things because they can conceal anything." 

Estella puckered her lips, looking dazzled but unable to understand the hidden meaning behind those words. "I like neon and I have an obsession with collecting stationery items. Weird, I know. " 

"Everyone has some unique hobbies, partner." Before Estella's cheek could flame, Edward cocked his head at his watch. 

"You fancy lunch?" 

She checked the time in hers and felt her stomach empty. "Yeah, it's almost two." 

"Wait for me, I'll stash these back in the pantry." While Edward kept the binders at their places, she took the glasses and half-empty bottle. 

They hadn't even reached the elevator when Edward heard his phone chime. Hiding his frustration and rummaging it out his pocket, his assistant's text was on the message box. 

Sir, we need your signature. Boss said he needs them to send it immediately to Mr. Castor right now.

"Problem?" Estella enquired, probably after seeing him gritting his teeth. 

"No, " he said calmly and they elevated down to the first floor. "But I'm afraid I have to go." 

A disappointment flashed on her face but she was quick to hide it. "Yeah, why not." 

"Thank you." 

----------------

Please please vote and comment. Tell me how is story going. I really need feedback. 

Vote, too. 

Next chapter coming on Sunday. 

Have a good day. 

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 2.3K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...
166K 2.3K 27
This is a book that's just Yandere x reader because I have an unhealthy obsession with Yanderes. 😁👍 There are ⚠️ trigger warnings ⚠️ ...
472K 10.5K 45
"Uhm.. Sir? Can I help you?" I mumble while staring at him. He breaks out into a huge grin, the kind of grin you see on little kids when they get th...
59.2K 1.6K 37
♠️STALKER ROMANCE ♠️ Carvida never grew up in a stable environment. Her life was a living hell. And all it took was one night crying in the garden an...