Psychotic Maniac

By klarolinefan11

Edward Churchill Blake is the COO in his father's company aiming to replace his brother as CEO. His plan in m... More

Aesthetics and Warning
Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter: 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 4

846 219 590
By klarolinefan11

Edward was standing in front of her, looking as striking as ever. Since both of their last encounters happened after the sunset, she could see her features more prominently. The gray suit fitted him unlike his coat, he was slender and muscular, face shaven, and his eyes dark that always wore confidence were now puzzled, even shocked.

"Edward, right?" She couldn't help but his appearance made her curious.

He stepped out, leaving the elevator empty. "What're you doing here?"

"I came here to pick my dad up," she told him.

"Your dad?" His eyes narrowed. "He works here?"

"No, no. He is here for a negotiation. We have a lawsuit going on." She said, then turning alert, she eyed him suspiciously. "What are you doing here? Wait, do you work here? Judging by your suit you look someone important here."

He didn't speak immediately like he always does. There was something about his expression. It seemed like he was distracted. She leaned her head closer, inspecting him, but he didn't react for another second. "I think we shouldn't talk here."

She was baffled. "Why not?"

"That lawsuit you are talking about. People might get the idea that I might be helping you, immorally."

"So you're important here."

"At the moment, yes!" He said. "How about we talk in my car?"

"Actually, I need to get to my dad."

"I need five minutes." He met his eyes, they were pleading.

She agreed and taking the elevator to the base of the building, they reached the parking space. Several cars were parked, aligned perfectly, and over their heads were the lights that illuminated the place.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" She asked, walking next to him.

"You remember the day on the rooftop." He said and when she nodded, he continued. "You talked about your business venture, right?"

"Yes, but what about it?" She was impatient. Probably not the kind of topic she was expecting for a discussion. "Why are you asking me about that?"

"I want to know about it more." He said, taking a turn, and pulling out his car keys.

"Why?"

"I'm feeling inspired a bit."

"About what?"

"You'll know once you tell me more."

She watched him tentatively, hoping to get further explanation for his sudden interest. When she knew he was waiting for her, she spoke. "Well, it's a work in progress." Still unable to get further reaction, she continued. "I mean I'm working on it. I'm tapping into the fashion industry, clothes of all sorts of design, something like that."

"How far are you with it?"

His naturalness about it was appalling. "Why are you so worked up about it? You tell first."

"I'd like to collaborate. A partnership to be specific."

"What are you saying!? A partnership?"

"You heard it right. I have a similar idea going on in my mind for a long time. And that day when we talked, I felt it was the moment that made me take this step. But I need help. I can't do it alone."

"You have a job," she glanced him up and down like a scanner. "A good one without a doubt."

"I told you earlier I was a freelancer. They needed one and I was here. Big deal."

"What business do you have here?"

"Sorry. Can't tell you. Client confidentiality."

"Alright!" She said. "But I don't know you. How can I trust you? And also, why me of all people?"

"Gut feeling."

"That's not enough!" She crossed her arms, trying to figure out the current scenario.

"You can trust me." Said Edward. "To show you faith, I'll bring the money, I just need talent, pure talent, and dedication."

"It could be a setup for a scam." She was honest about it and he wasn't making a strong case.

"Just think about it," he was persistent. Edward reached out for the door of his car. He leaned in, opening the glove compartment and reaching for a pack of sticky notes and a pen. "Here." He wrote down something before giving it to her. "You can check if I'm the real deal or not."

"What's that?" She pointed at the nine-digit number he gave her. "Is this your-"

"Yes, my social security number." He confirmed. "You can find my name and number once you check it."

.........

He saw her leave the parking space with a hundred questions in mind. She gave him a final uncomprehensive look, still dazed by the conversation they just had before entering the elevator on the ground floor and disappearing.

She wanted to ask many more things if her phone hadn't interrupted them. Edward waited a few more minutes and then came a voice of a car door opening, a blonde guy, in his early twenties came out and as he nodded, the two men were back in the elevator, taking them to the top floor.

"You've been listening the whole time, Carlos, " said Edward.

"That was her, wasn't she?" Carlos waited for his response. The elevator opened directly to a vast office, the side of the wall read the Blake corporations, exactly in the same design as behind the reception.

"Estella Jean Sergeant!" Edward sat on his chair in front of his desk, looking at his nameplate that was engraved with his name. Beside it was a photograph he was getting attached to.

Estella was smiling back at him, looking younger. A girl behind her was awkwardly crammed in it, her face mostly hidden as she hugged close to her friend.

He caustically stared at the photo he found the night he first met Estella. It was among the things that fell out of her hand. He saw it a little farther away from where had been standing but she was gone by the time he had seen it.

Since then he had tucked it in his wallet and forgotten about her until after a week later when they had met again at the bar. He was intrigued as he never believed in coincidences.

Her brunette hair was pulled into a messy bun as if she had run a marathon before coming there. She was wearing a tank top under a half-zipped-up jacket, plain jeans, and running shoes. Clearly, her dress sense didn't match the occasion. He guessed she wasn't looking to have fun there either.

That time, he opened up a conversation. He wanted to as he was intrigued by her presence.

He liked that.

"The lawsuit has been handled, Sir" his trusted agent who often ran errands was inside his office, sitting across the table. "I think we handled it pretty well."

"How well that went then?" He asked.

"They didn't ask for any monetary compensation. What they wanted was an apology letter and her name to be cleared."

"And my brother agreed?"

"After a while, yes!"

"Of course, he would. It was his first project before we had announced that the firm was under our name." He scoffed, half pissed.

"Do you still want me to tail her?" Carlos asked.

He thought for a moment. "I think this much is enough for me to assess that she is fit for me to set up a business of my own."

"Why her though? You barely know her."

"She's ambitious, I can tell." He said. "And I need someone who can work in my absence. And more importantly, she has my attention."

"Then It wouldn't be a problem. Once she knows who you are, she'll be running here."

Edward said quickly. "No! She'll never know who I am.

Carlos blinked. " What?"

"Yes, she won't be part of my 'this' life." He told her. "I need secrecy the most."

"But you're the COO of this company, brother of Elvis." He said. "She's bound to find out about you."

"No, she won't. I'm the bastard son and I'm my father's secret. There's nothing out in the world for her to find about me."

Carlos looked confused, but he knew he wasn't allowed to ask for an explanation. He waited and when Edward hinted he needed to be alone, he left quietly, reminding him about the data he found about Estella.

The only child of Jay Sergeant with no sign of any extended family, or cousin. If she did have any from her mother's side, she most probably wasn't in touch with them. After graduating from a private high school in Brooklyn, she went to the University of Pennsylvania.

He turned another page-a list of people in her life since high school. Three male and two female best friends. Contact ended after a year of graduation.

Seven friends in college, this time two males, the rest females. Tanya Singh and Teresa Keller were the closest. Carlos had mentioned that at present, Estella has no contact other than Tanya and a barista boy, Beck Jeffery who was married.

Edward was now counting days, waiting patiently after he had proposed. He imagined her calculating her chances of working with him. Keeping his identity and life behind the curtains, he was upfront about his business with her.

Also, not knowing about him came in handy. He needed secrecy the most.

Only one thing he couldn't do. Keep himself away from her. She was irresistible for sure. Her beauty was captivating, and when her lips moved to call her name, it hit differently. She was quiet, collected, and perhaps tameable.

_______________________________

Shoutout to my lovelies for supporting me sooooo much:

dragonlover1227

klarolinefeels

Muggleborn15

Ninaninuskaa

BDaddy46

Kllaarraaa

sstellinkka

SimmiSharma5

klaroline-99

klar0line

LittleMiffy

Vote and commThe next

Next chapter coming this Wednesday.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26K 22
"I will chain you up and keep you in my bedroom forever. The only one who you will ever love is me. You are mine Ella and nobody, not even God can ch...
1.4M 15.4K 12
warning :- Mature content. Grace stepped back in fear when he stepped ahead. "Do it again and I will break your legs..." He warned. Her eyes filled...
201K 8.4K 68
LUKA KELP NYC's most famous male model. Ideal boyfriend. Too sweet to be true. Morally Civil. ~•~ CHASE RUEL Multibillionaire. Arrogant CEO. Alcohol...
8.6K 865 13
Rua Katariya X Mrityunjay Rana Contract Marriage Grumpy x Grumpy "To the one who thinks love is delusional" ____________________________________...