Lay Me Down

By Thischickisbomb

Lizzie had been forced to sleep with men for as long as she can remember to support her mom and stepdad's rag... More

Lay Me Down Chapter 1
Lay Me Down Chapter 2
Lay Me Down Chapter 3
Lay Me Down Chapter 4
Lay Me Down Chapter 5
Lay Me Down Chapter 6
Lay Me Down Chapter 8
Lay Me Down Chapter 9
Lay Me Down Chapter 10
Lay Me Down Chapter 11
Lay Me Down Chapter 12
Lay Me Down Chapter 13
Lay Me Down Chapter 14
Lay Me Down Chapter 15
Lay Me Down Chapter 16
Lay Me Down Chapter 17
Lay Me Down Chapter 18
Lay Me Down Chapter 19
Lay Me Down Chapter 20
Lay Me Down Chapter 21
Lay Me Down Chapter 22
Lay Me Down Chapter 23
Lay Me Down Chapter 24
Lay Me Down Chapter 25
Lay me Down Chapter 26
Lay Me Down Chapter 27
Lay Me Down Chapter 28
Lay Me Down Chapter 29
Lay Me Down Chapter 30
Lay Me Down Chapter 31
Lay Me Down Chapter 32
Lay Me Down Chapter 33
Lay Me Down Chapter 34
Lay Me Down Chapter 35
Lay Me Down Chapter 36
Lay Me Down Chapter 37
Lay Me Down Chapter 38
Lay Me Down Chapter 39
Lay Me Down Chapter 40
Lay Me Down Chapter 41
Lay Me Down Chapter 42
Lay Me Down Chapter 43
Lay Me Down Chapter 44
Lay Me Down Chapter 45
Lay Me Down Chapter 46
Lay Me Down Chapter 47
Lay Me Down Chapter 48
Lay Me Down Chapter 49
Lay Me Down Chapter 50
Lay Me Down Chapter 51
Lay Me Down Chapter 52
Lay Me Down Chapter 53
Lay Me Down Chapter 54
Lay Me Down Chapter 55 (COMPLETED)
One Shot!!!!!
Lay Me Down One Shot Winner

Lay Me Down Chapter 7

300K 3K 648
By Thischickisbomb

Hey! I am so sorry about the long wait. I have just been really busy and I didn't quite have the time, but here's a new chapter. I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to vote comment and fan if you havent already.

 Me and Carter were walking from lunch to our next class. We were still playing that damn question and answer game.

"Hey Carter" She said as she stopped in front of us.

"Hey" he replied back " How are you" He asked.

"I'm good" She replied.

"So you should come sit with us at lunch sometimes. You don't have to alienate yourself from us because of her" The girl said shooting me a dirty look. I really didn't have time for this.

"I'll meet you in the class Carter" I said walking away.

"No wait I'm about to come" He said grabbing my wrist.

"Do you know that me and Carter are having sex" The girl blurted. I looked at her surprised. What was her reasoning for saying that? Why was she doing this? She was only putting her business out there and embarrassing herself. Carter and I weren't anything special.

"Tammy if you are going to tell her something about us tell her the truth" Carter said in a bored but aggravated tone.

"That is the truth" She stated.

"We had sex Tammy." Carter stated. "As in one time, it was nothing" He stated.

'" Carter I'll see you in class" I told him. I didn't really need to be here. I didn't care if they had sex. He grabbed my wrist so I couldn't go.

"We still had sex" she stated.

"Okay" He said sarcastically turning to leave and pulling me with him. We got to our next class and I got my things out and began to follow the lesson.

"Are you mad Lizzie?" Carter asked as we were leaving the class.

"What no, Why would I be" I told him. I really wasn't mad at him. I mean it was his life. I didn't have any type of say in what he decided he didn't or did want to do.

"You haven't really talked to me since we spoke to Tammy" he stated.

"I'm not mad Carter" I told him.

"Then what's wrong" he questioned.

"Nothing" I replied.

"I'm sorry" he said looking at me.

" Carter for what? I don't have any say in what you do" I told him. " It's not like we are anything" I told him.

"But I want us to be something" He said as we approached his car in the parking lot. I had agreed to let him take me home, which probably wasn't a good decision.

"What?" I questioned.

"I want us to be more than friends Lizzie" He said.

"Carter you barely know me. I mean...."

"Why won't you just give in and stop trying to fight it and make excuses" He said as we stopped by his car.

"Carter I'm not making excuses. I just.... I just can't do this Carter. " I told him

"And why not" he asked as he stepped closer to me.

"Carter can you just leave it alone?" I asked him.

"I don't want to" he said placing his hand on the middle of my back. He pressed against my back making me scoot closer to him.

"Carter don't" He lowered his head to mine and he pressed his lips against mine. What in the hell was he doing? I began to push him away, but he just grabbed my face and pushed me against the car kissing me more fiercely.  I began to kiss him back enjoying the moment. What the hell was happening? His lips moved against mine. I couldn't keep letting him do this? I couldn't do this. None of this should be happening. I shouldn't even be talking to him.  I shouldn't be letting him drive me home and I definitely shouldn't be kissing him right now. I pushed him away from me avoiding eye contact.

"Carter I think I'm going to walk home" I told him.

"Lizzie don't" he said but I was already walking away and faster than usual. He caught up with me and grabbed my arm.

"Lizzie  I'm sorry" He said. He sure was sorry a lot.

"It's okay Carter. I just need to walk alone. I'll see you tomorrow" I said as I broke away from his grasp and then turned to leave.

I had to do something about us. I couldn't let him just think that we would be something eventually because we weren't, we couldn't. It  just couldn't happen. I had to do something to give us some time apart. Maybe he would forget about me. Maybe I should just start ignoring him. It would be so hard because He was so nice and I didn't think I could be mean to him like I did before. I didn't know him before so it wasn't a problem. I sighed as I approached my house. I knew what I had to do because we couldn't go on like this. I couldn't keep going on like this.

 I sat in the classroom in my usual seat. The bell would be ringing soon and more students would began to file in. I sighed as I realized that soon I would have to face Carter and I was going to have to ignore him. That was the only feasible plan that I could think of.

I saw him walk in the classroom and I  shuffled around in my back pack pulling out a notebook, a pen and my math book. He sat down next to me.

"Hey" He said. I turned my head and opened my book to the page with the problems I needed to complete on it. I was being really immature but I couldn't think of anything else.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I began to work on the problems.

"Are you mad about the whole Tammy situation?" He asked I said nothing in return. I just continued to do my math problems.

"I did the homework, If you want to see it" He stated.

"No thanks" I muttered. He said nothing else. We just sat next to each other in silence for the rest of class and when the bell rang. I shuffled out leaving him behind without a word.

 I sat under the tree at lunch. I had just finished up my last math problem. I closed the book and stuffed it into my back pack. I looked up and there was Carter right in front of me and he was moving closer and before I even knew what was happening he was kissing me. His hands roamed up  my legs which were on the side of him. What in the hell was he doing? We were like in the middle of the lunchroom and I'm sure everyone was staring at us. I finally  caught up with my thoughts and placed my hands on his chest pushing him away. He grabbed my hands and pinned them to the ground.

"Don't fight it" He whispered against my lips.

"Carter don't" I whispered back but of course he didn't listen to me. He just kissed me deeper sticking his tongue in my mouth. If a teacher, counselor, or anybody saw us right now we would be in so much trouble.

His tongue roamed around my mouth searching for my tongue. I gave in and I captured his. It's not like I didn't what to anyway. It was just in my best interest not too. He began to lift up on my hands as I kissed him back. He placed his hands on my waist and I moved my hands so that they were around his neck.

 I eventually pulled away from him.

"Carter" I gasped.

"Yea" He said as he buried his face in my neck. I could feel the warmth of his breath  playing across my neck. I said nothing. I couldn't find away to tell him that we could never do this again. I needed to tell him that we should just stop hanging out.

"Is it my turn to ask a question" He asked me.

"I don't know" I replied honestly.

"well I'm going to make it my turn" He said as he brushed a piece of hair that had fallen into my face.

"Will you be my girlfriend" he asked.

"Carter" I gasped in shock. I had never expected that to be his question.

"Can you answer it please." I told him.

"No" I replied now realizing that the majority of the people were staring at us.

" Do you want to" he asked.

"Do I want to what?" I asked.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend" He asked.

"It's not your turn" I said avoiding the question.

"Okay it's your turn. Ask a question" he demanded.

"I don't have one" I replied.

"Lizzie -" He started.

"Carter no don't. We need to stop the kissing, the questions, the games, everything. Everything between us needs to stop" I told him as I got up grabbing my stuff.

"You don't really feel that way" he said grabbing my arm.

"Yea I do, so just drop it and stop trying" I said walking away.

I went to the bathroom. I needed to clear my head. It was clouded with things that had to do with Carter and I had to get rid of all that mess, because in the end no matter what happened. One of us was going to get hurt.

The last bell of the day rang and I hurried out of the classroom trying to avoid Carter. I didn't need to be talking to him.  I was leaving the school grounds when a hand clenched around my wrist.

"Lizzie look I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed you like that, but I know you have feelings for me and I really don't get why you are denying them for me. I hate the fact that you are ignoring and trying to avoid me so I promise not to do anything drastic like that anymore." He said.

"Carter....." I didn't know what to say.

'" I won't kiss you anymore unless of course you want me to," He said.

'We are only friends" he stated.

'Carter I don't need friends" I told him.

"Oh really?" He questioned. I knew he was thinking about the night when I showed up at his doorstep again.

"Okay whatever friends" I said.

"Good so let me drive you home as a friend" He said.

"Thanks , but no thanks. I need to walk." I told him.

"Lizzie come on. It's just a ride home" He stated.

"Tomorrow" I replied.

"Alright see you tomorrow" He said letting it go. I sighed and began to walk home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 51.8K 53
Plain Jane. Previously bullied Jane is starting at a new school, where she hopes to escape her bullied past by her mother, brother and peers. The ext...
368K 9.1K 21
secret ˈsiːkrɪt/ noun plural noun: secrets something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others. Secrets are what we contain and ke...
11.5M 318K 32
"He's staring at you," my sister whispered, wide-eyed. Now that I realised, I could feel someone's eyes burning the back of my head and as I turned a...
82.6K 3.1K 29
After she's sold to the mafia, she never thought that love would come in the form of a sizzling gray-eyed bodyguard. *...