Ghoulish Delight

Par CalantheTierra

(Y/n). You've had a strange quirk that's kept you alive even with all of your bad luck. You don't want to be... Plus

The New Job
Unwelcomed Guest
Flesh and Bone
USJ
Teaching
Workolace Relations
Story Time!!
Stain
Confrontational
1st Term Finals
Camping Trips
Training?
Attack
Places of Comfort
Interview
Kids First
Propositions and Prodigies
Someone's in Trouble
A Bit of Praise
PSA
Heart Attack
Arresting Trauma
Raid
Eri

Family Reunion

1.4K 78 19
Par CalantheTierra

"Shota, I still have to plan a few more lessons," you protested. The man in question pulled you along by your hand, keeping his grip tight as he lead you down the street. It was the weekend and while you didn't particularly like dressing so casually before going out, he insisted you wear the sundress. He acted like he had a mission and come hell or high water he was going to complete it. He wore a leather jacket and dark jeans, his ensemble as black and dark as normal. It made you look like a giddy college student again.
"You can figure those out later," he stated. You scowled as he pulled you into a breakfast place, pulling you close next to him and his hand sneaking around your waist. "There are some people I want to meet."
"What are you talking about," you sighed.
"(Y/n)," you looked over to a brown haired woman. She was a bit older than Shota and it showed in the gentle smile lines on her face. Green eyes danced over you before those same lines made themselves prominent, a younger boy pulling on the woman's hand. "Oh wow, you look amazing."
"Mia," your eyes widened and she giggled, walking over and hugging you tightly when Shota let go.
"How long has it been? A few years," she hummed. You hugged her back, staring down at the boy. "Kyo, say hi to your cousin."
"Kyo! He got so big," the boy stared up at you, his eyes just as bright as his mother's. He hid behind her leg a bit, eyeing you before looking back up to your aunt.
"Isn't she the zombie lady Aunt Mitsuna complains about," he asked. You flinched a bit as Mia laughed, kneeling down to his height.
"She's your cousin, not a zombie lady," Mia hummed. "You just haven't seen her since you were this big." Mia held her hands in the size of a baby, her eyes warm.
"So I'm related to a hero," he asked. His eyes went wide and he looked up at you again. "But why didn't Aunt Mitsuna say anything?" You glanced to Shota and rubbed your arm. How convenient was this? He let you put the foundation on but when you asked if it was different he just shrugged. He smirked at you, a mischievous look in his eye.
"Did everyone else come," he asked. Your mouth nearly dropped open when Mia nodded and stood up.
"We haven't seen her since her third year in high school, everyone was really surprised when you called," she sang.
"Shota," you looked up at him, the smirk never leaving his face. "What did you do?"
"Your boyfriend spent all day calling everyone," Mia giggled. Your face went red and her giggle turned into a laugh, "He was asking such strange questions before asking if we all wanted to have breakfast with you two. He was so polite about it!" Mia turned to you fully and took your hands, a sad look coming to her face as she held them to her chest, "Mitsuna got angry again didn't she?"
"We should go sit down," Shota patted your back gently, making you jump.
"Who else is here," you asked.
"Almost everyone," Mia tapped her chin, holding onto your hand and leading you through the maze of tables. "Someone else was coming too but they'll be late."
"Why is everyone here," you asked. You glanced at Shota who was looking ahead, only furthering your confusion. You were lead to a large table, only three chairs free and everyone talking to one another with smiles on their faces. Family members you hadn't seen since you were a kid were laughing and joking with one another. They'd look up, give excited cries and hug you before you sat down, shaking hands with Shota and thanking him for the calls he had made.
You sat down by Shota, a menu handed to you and you snapped it open. You set it up to hide your face and you glanced at Shota again. "What the hell is going on," you snapped quietly.
"I asked if they felt some way about you and invited them to breakfast. Simple as that," he deadpanned. Your eyes widened and your face went red as the menu was pulled down. You looked up, your eyes staring back at you and a warm smile spread on the man's face.
"Hey, angel face," your brother chimed. "Haven't seen you since you flew for college!"
"Kaito," you lurched forward and hugged him tightly, the table laughing and Shota joining in with them.
"Who's the guy? Mom set you up with him," he patted your back with a hum. You shook your head and let go, practically beaming. He was the only other one that spoke out against the marriages, ending up unable to do anything once she did the same to him. Only difference was he got to pick from a selection. His wife stood behind him, white hair cascading down the side of her head and a baby in her arms.
"Your mother is actually against it," Shota informed him. That made the table go quiet and you started rubbing the sides of your face nervously.
Kaito stares at Shota for a minute, his temples pulsing as his fingers tapped on the table, "Well, that's not a surprise. She finally did something for herself."
"I do things for myself," you retorted. "I went to college, I moved out, I got the teaching job I wanted."
"I can't believe you got your hero license. I thought you quit on that because of your quirk," you stared at Kaito's wife, Jina. Her eyes were sparkling and she let off a small light as she bounced the baby. Of course Kaito would have vented to her. She was nice when you first met her and she had proven the same throughout her stay in the house.
"Yeah," you chuckled dryly, rubbing the back of your head. "It was kind of an accident. A bunch of recommendations were sent in by a bunch of people."
"Aizawa, right," Kaito sat down across from Shota, grinning.
"You both smile when you're mad," Shota noted.
"Man, I'm sorry you have to deal with this mess," Kaito hummed. "(Y/n)'s been putting up with it for years now."
"She's just young. Doesn't want to lose anyone," Shota stated. Your foot shot out, tapping his shin a bit roughly in response. He smirked and rubbed your arm as if nothing happened.
"You sound like an old man," Kaito sniffed. "How many years you got under you?"
"Thirty," Shots replied. Kaito's wife sat down, Kaito taking the baby from her and holding it out to you.
"His names Toru," he smiled. You blinked, taking the baby and holding him close. The baby cooked while the two kept talking, Jina watching you closely with a large grin on her face.
"He likes you," she giggled. You turned a bit red as the baby grabbed your hair, pulling your attention from his mother down to him. "Your brother hopes he has your quirk, actually. He didn't tell me what it was."
Your face immediately paled and you stared up at her again, "You don't want him to have my quirk."
"Why not," she asked. "How bad could it be? You're a nice girl."
"Who can't go a day without dying. Or eating raw meat straight from the market," you muttered. It was Shota's turn to tap your shin, your head turning to him as he continued to talk to your brother.
"Someone's finally here," Kaito chimed. You frowned a bit before someone hugged you from behind. An arm reached up, grabbed, and you flipped them over your head onto the table, keeping the baby close to your chest as a snarl ripped through you. Shota's eyes were wide and everyone stared for a minute, your dad sprawled on the table in front of you. Laughter erupted, Shota looking to everyone before smirking and shaking his head.
"Someone's jumpy," your father chimed. Your eyes widened and you jumped to your feet, face beet red. He was a big man, not in the stomach but in his muscular build. Even at his age he kept his physic up and he had just become an aged wall of muscle. You'd compare him to All Might as a teen and he'd joke about being your personal All Might. "What? Your hero career giving you paranoia?"
"I'm so sorry," you squeaked as he got to his feet. He hugged you again, your arm wrapping around him and squeezing lightly.
"No new claw marks? You're healing all right," he asked quietly. You looked up at him and slowly nodded. "Good. Now, where's the man that called me?"
Kaito chuckled and took Toru, motioning to Shota, "Right there, old man. And you're not going to believe it."
Shota stood up as you father held his hand out, shaking it firmly, "I know you were on a business trip. I'm sorry if I cut it short."
"I haven't had breakfast with the family for a long time. I'm glad someone actually invited me," you sat back down, staring at the menu and rubbing at your face.

"So let me get this straight," your father stared at Shota outside of the restaurant, his eyes boring into the two of you as Shota held you against his side. "Your mother isn't happy that you finally got together with someone besides that second rate fool?"
"D-dad, it's not a big deal," you muttered.
"Has she even sat down with you two together," he asked. His voice was getting loud and you stiffened. He sighed and rubbed his head. "Well, you two are out of the house."
"Honestly, I don't have the patience to sit with your wife," Shota cut in. Your father stared at him for a moment, raising an eyebrow. "I wanted her to know that it wasn't the family's opinion on her. It was just her mother's."
"Opinion on what," your dad bore into you, his arms crossed and tightening.
"Her quirk," Shota tightened his grip.
"I don't see how the quirk is the problem. It's the original quirk from my side of the family," your father sighed.
You blinked, your eyes going wide, "What are you talking about? All the quirks give or enhance life."
"You can't enhance or give anything if you don't take first," your father leaned over a bit, patting your head. "It was about time the quirk came around again."
"You can't be serious," you muttered.
"Your great grandpa lives to a hundred and fifty on that quirk," he chuckled. Shota smirked and patted your back, your head turning to him.
"Well, I think that's all we needed to hear," he bowed to your father who blinked.
Your father stared at you and motioned down to Shota, covering his mouth so only you could see, "What the hell is he talking about?"
Shots stood straight and smirked, patting your head, "Kitten here was under the impression the family didn't want her. I went through her phone and the only people that were in contact with her were Mythos and her mother." Your father stared before a grin split his face, your eyes widening when he grabbed Shota into a bear hug.
"I'm glad she works with someone like you," your father hummed as he put Shota down on his feet. Your face went red and you rubbed at your cheeks. Your father stared and raised an eyebrow before chuckling. "I want grandkids by the end of the school year."
"Dad," you yelled. Shota's cheeks dusted pink even as he smirked.
"We'll look into it," he nodded.
"Shota," you squeaked. Your father waved, walking off and catching up with Kaito as Shota had you two turn around. "Not okay!"
"They're nice," he nodded. You rubbed your face as you two walked, pulling out your phone and sighing.
"We missed half a day for this," you scolded him. "It's a workday, Shota."
"This was important," he stated. "You needed to hear it for yourself. They didn't treat you any different than how the staff treats you." You fell silent and stared at him. "It's just your mother. Her opinion shouldn't matter when the rest love you."
"You did this because of that panic attack," you asked. He straightened and rubbed his head, the campus coming into view.
"Do you feel better," he asked. You nodded slowly, letting out a sigh and rubbing your cheeks roughly.
"I'm an aunt," you muttered. You slapped your cheeks and sighed out, "He was so cute. Did you see those cheeks?"
Shots laughed and kissed the top of your head before walking onto the campus, "You looked cute, kitten."
"Did you mean it," you asked.
"Mean what?"
"That at some point we'd try," you hummed. He nodded, glancing over and his smile falling a bit.
"You're crying again," he told you. You blinked and rubbed at your eyes, giggling softly.
"Whoops," you sang. "Must have something in my eyes."
"That relieved," he asked. You thought about it for a minute. You didn't feel pressured, you didn't feel the normal foreboding emotions you got when you normally surrounded by family like that.
"I guess I am," you nodded. He grunted and kissed your head.
"I have to head to 1-A. You going to be okay," he asked.
"I'll be fine," you nodded. "I can finally finished the work you interrupted."
"Behave, kitten. I could just use my tools on you later if you don't," you blinked and your face turned red.

You jerked at the training, your body slamming into the ground. Shota's scarf held you, the straps wrapped tightly around you. The purple haired student launched from behind you, his own scarf moving but not as smoothly. The scarf loosened and you grabbed it, wrapping and tying it tightly around your shield before throwing it hard enough to lodge into a a wall not far from you. Shota avoided the student, swinging his weapon around and wrapping it around you again. You grabbed onto it quickly, slamming your boots toe first into the ground hard enough to bury them into the concrete underneath you.
Shota grunted, letting the scarf go and bouncing away from the kid. His hair went up and your body ached. Every part of you felt like it burned and your figure stiffened. You grit your teeth, tightening the grip on the weapon and pulling it. It tightened around his neck and he grunted as you pulled him back into the kids line of fire. The burn ended, the aching vanishing and you started dragging Shota closer to you. He shot to his feet, speeding at you.
His arm collided with your neck, sending you back into the ground. "That's enough for today," he grunted. The kid panted and pulled the mask off his face, leaning over and practically wheezing.
"That hurt," you pushed yourself up, rubbing your head.
"What," he stared at you after pulling his goggles from his face.
"You canceled my quirk," you informed him. "And it hurt."
"How bad," he asked.
"Everything," you nodded. You stared at the purple haired boy, smiling, "You're amazing. I'm sad you're not in the hero course."
"Thanks? My quirk isn't really cut out for combat though," he sighed. "Shinso Hitoshi," he held his hand out and you smiled broadly before hugging him.
"(L/n) (Y/n)," you giggled. "I see why he's training you though." The boy turned a bit pink when you set him down and Shota sniffed quietly.
"You're getting better at dodging," he noted. "I didn't get you as many times as before. Just don't immobilize yourself again." You stared at him and tore your feet from the concrete, crossing your arms from the ease. "Or just brush that off." You pulled your mask down and Shinso stared up at you a bit.
"What's your quirk," he asked.
"I don't- ghoul," your voice droned. Your body straightened up, every part of you relaxing. You took a breath before snapping your head around and stumbling. The boy jerked back, Shota grabbing your elbows and holding you up. You put your head back, letting out a sigh, "I don't like my mind being taken. It's a good quirk but don't use it on me please."
"(Y/n)," Shota sighed.
"I got my brain back," you stated.
"You should have died," Shinso cried.
"Neat trick, huh?"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.2K 109 30
TRIGGER WARNING: self-harm, suicidal thoughts, symptoms of PTSD As a child, Izuku Midoriya thought he was Quirkless. That is, until he discovered his...
763 49 14
You set yourself up with a cafe of your own at 17 tired of the cycle of oppression your parents committed so much time forcing you to conform to. Aft...
909 39 12
Once an American girl that was used and abused had enough. Being a shy timid girl and looking like one to fit the bill she changed her appearance to...
33.7K 969 26
𝗞𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗺𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆. 𝗛𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲...