Crimson Smile

By CrimsonPoptart

What first was a simple weight to the shoulder... becomes even worse of a threat! Dream hears a voice calling... More

Fresh Fries
Why So Sore?
Muffin
Raw Blood
Saponaria
Angry River
Similarities
Frozen Dream
A "Normal" Day
Agony
Lemons
Here For You
Oops! Words Slip!
The Truth
A Diamond Soul
Recruitments
Take Care
Warm Fire
Acceptance
Apple Pie
Time is Ticking
Chase
Comfort
Honey
Flowerbed
Demise
Coin
Day 1
Day 2
Party
The Real Truth
A Silent Smile

The Start of a Nightmare

326 23 4
By CrimsonPoptart

Warning - Strong Language and Angst. Reader Discretion Advised. ⚠️

George followed Mega into his little cottage. It was a lot smaller than everyone else's houses. It had three rooms. One would serve as the kitchen and small living space. Another room is his bedroom, and the last room is his bathroom. Mega pointed to the small circle table with two foldable chairs. George took off his boots and jacket, hanging it on the wall. As requested, George sat down in one of the foldable chairs and watched Mega pull out a large notebook and pen. He sat down in the other chair and started scribbling on the paper. Once he finished, Mega flipped the notebook for George to see.

"Is his behavior unusual?"

"Yes," George gulped, "He's become clingy and nosy."

"So it's THAT type of ghost."

George's eyebrows furrowed, "Ghost? The blob is a ghost?"

"Yes, idiot. I don't know what It wants obviously, but I know what's going on."

"Then what's going on? Why was there a blob, and now there isn't?"

"Possession. The Ghost is a revenge type. Simple as it sounds, it wants revenge. As for the blob, it only wants to make Dream have negative emotions. Pain is negative, which fuels their plan. Anger, fear, regret, anything bad. The more negative emotions it gets off of Dream, the stronger it gets. Get it? Or are you too stupid to understand?"

George narrowed his eyes, "I understand. So Sapnap's injury and me almost drowning was only a way for Dream to feel negativity...? But what's the point?! Why would a ghost want revenge from Dream?"

"Maybe Dream did something bad in the past. Revenge ghosts take time to boil up their hatred. So it could have been years ago."

A word that lingered in George's mind was "that" kind of ghost, "What did you mean by that type of ghost?"

"Revenge ghosts tend to do the same thing they died to. If a ghost is being touchy, it means... well how do I put it? They most likely died to torture or rape. So careful."

George felt a shiver down his spine, reading those sentences made George's heart race. It boiled his anger that a ghost was using his friend as a revenge vessel, but anxiety shook the anger out of his system. Does that mean Dream did something like that to someone? George refused to believe it, his friend would never do something like that.

While George was lost in thought, Mega had put a kettle of tea on the fire place.

"Oh, I don't like tea," George watched the brunette toss a tea packet into the kettle. When he returned, the mute wrote:

"Do you think I was making it for you?"

"Oh..."

Now that I think about it- George thought - Dream never really talked about his past. Maybe he didn't show his face for this reason. I'm probably over thinking it... Hopefully I find out soon. Realistically, George didn't want to find out. Sometimes knowledge comes with consequences. George was smacked out of his thoughts by Mega, literally.

The mute dropped his hand on the table after laying a large wakening slap on the side of George's head. Mega had already wrote in the notebook.

"George, just don't overthink it. I'm sure you can handle this."

George's eyes widened, "Wait, how do you know all of this stuff? Did it happen before?"

Mega's eyes darkened into sadness, he fiddled with the ends of his scarf. After a moment, the mute picked up the pencil and within a few minutes, a detailed explanation was given.

Trigger word mention

"Yes, this happened to my friend back when I lived in the city. When we were kids, he bullied this little boy to the point of no return. The little boy killed himself after months and months of breaking him. My friend was shocked- and so was I. It pained me that I never tried to stop him... as the consequences came shortly after. My friend had a red blob on his shoulder and after a few weeks, he was... possessed. I was able to see the ghost because I have pure blood. And so do you. Being able to see that ghost is a blessing... and also a curse.
The ghost captured everyone who wronged the little boy, and I was the main target after my friend.
But... I ran away.
Shortly after, I returned to the city and went to the library to get a book about these creatures, and I did. I learned so much about them... but I was never able to learn how to get rid of them. All of my friends, including the one possessed were driven to suicide... after all, that's what my friend made the little boy do."

George was at a loss of words. What a tragic backstory... the British man thought, looking up from the notebook.

The mute was silently weeping, trying to cover up his face with his scarf. Sadness pricked at George's heart. He didn't know the stubborn, careless, and funny mute had such a tragic past. George lifted his hand and set it carefully on Mega's forearm. At the touch, Mega flinched. Rubbing his eyes with his sleeve, and a quick sniff, Mega regained himself.

"I'm sorry for asking about your past..." George whispered, rubbing his neighbors arm for comfort. The past city boy moved his arm from George's grip and picked up the pencil. With trembling hands, he attempted to write.

"It's okaY, it feEls bettEr SpiLling my GuTs."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Are you comfortable with sharing a bit more?" George sat up in the chair, in response with creaking. Mega sat for a minute before surprise plastered on his face. He quickly stood from the chair and when over to the stove, turning off the fire. Apparently, the tea was finished. George itched in his chair, he wanted to know more. When the mute returned with a teacup of steaming tea, he picked up the pencil- more relaxed now.

"No....

Jk, I'll tell you. After I got the book, I ran away from the city, and found Skeppy's house. He was just chillin on his porch- as he does everyday and found me- a mute- all covered in dirt and debris with bags under my eyes. He took me in for a few weeks before introducing me to this house we're in right now.
Skeppy gave me shelter, food, a job despite me being mute. I'm honestly very thankful even if I don't seem like it. And I know he knows I'm thankful. If not, he's just darn right stupid.
But anyway, the book.
It explains what the creatures are, but not how to get rid of it. Apparently a few years ago the second book came out and is in libraries all around. We should go to the city and get it."

"The city?!? B-but I've never been to the city! I've always been a country folk." George gasped.

"You don't sound like one. Besides, you're doing this so it doesn't happen again. We don't have to go now, but we should consider doing it soon before things get out of hand."

"I-I mean... you are right. Just give me some time to think about it." George fiddled with his fingers.

"Go ahead, I won't stop you. But no matter how much you think about it, we are still going. Either you like it or not. The only thinking you need to do is how to not look like an idiot for when we do go in the city."

George narrowed his eyes, "Fine, but we are only doing this for Dream."

"Exactly. What? Do you think I want to visit the city? Hell no! Out here in the mountains is so much more peaceful."

"Oh... well I wasn't thinking that!" George stood up from the chair, looking down at the mute who is carefully sipping his tea.

"I'm going home before Sapnap gets worried."

Mega set his teacup down and wrote one last time:

"Okay, but careful around Dream, if anything, lock your doors before going to bed. And watch your back more often."

"I will..." George smiled reassuringly, although fear and anxiety pricked at his organs, "Bye Mega, have a nice night. And thank you for the information." He said while pulling on his rain boots and jacket. The mute nodded and waved, still sitting at the table- watching George leave. When the door clicked, he was gone.

George walked on the muddy road, occasionally stepping on some puddles. The rain had stopped and the orange sun leaked through the shimmering trees. Water droplets glittered in the suns light, giving the forest a beautiful contrast to it. It was much cooler after the rain, and the forest smelled of wet earth. Despite the tension, the forest scents and sights warmed his heart. Thank god for these colorblind glasses.

Turning on the intersection, he felt fear start rising in his body. "Lock your doors before bed, revenge ghost, pure blood, killed."
Those words pierced through his mind like little daggers.

Now standing on his front porch, he pulled his key out of his pocket and opened the door with a key, entering.

Death was In the air, George felt it.

"I'm back! Sapnap? Dream?" George called.

No response.

"Sapnap? Sapnap!? Sapnap!" George shouted, quickly pulling his jacket and boots off. He was getting ready to sprint up the steps before Sapnap appeared at the top of the staircase, tiredness dulling his purple eyes.

"What? What? What's so important that you have to wake me up from my nap?!" Sapnap growled. Relief washed over George at his friend's safety. Soon enough, Dream had appeared as well.

"What's happening?" He asked, looking from Sapnap to George. A chill went up George's spin when the masked man looked at George.

"Nothing... someone told me a hostile bear ran in this direction... so I came to see if you guys weren't attacked."

"George you stinky poo!" Sapnap walked up to the British man, placing his hand on the shorter male's head and ruffling his hair, "Bears can't open doors!"

"Hehe..." George grabbed his friend's hand and took it off his head, "I forgot... hahah."

Moonlight shone in through George's window on the back wall. As Mega advised, he locked his door and took all of the keys. But why did George have a feeling Dream was standing right outside of it...staring at the door. This was probably just paranoia. But seriously, it stopped George from falling asleep. After ten minutes, George felt exhaustion wash over him like a wave.

Just as he was about to close his eyes, the doorknob turned. What? Am I imagining things?!? But my door is locked!

He wasn't imagining, the door opened as if it wasn't locked at all. George's heart beat increased, and all he could do was sink further into his mattress. A figure stood in the dark doorway, staring right at George.

It was Dream.

George felt like screaming, but when he blinked, the taller male no longer stood in the doorway, but at his bedside! The British man started trembling uncontrollably, tears welling in his eyes as masked man stared directly down at him. With a quick flash, a rag was held up against his mouth.

The last words George could hear before passing out was... "Ssh... nighty night..."

1898 words.

Hehehehehe, I kinda like the idea of cliff hangers. This was probably my fastest update. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, see you soon! Haha, I accidentally cut my lips with a potato chip. Okay okay, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.3K 9
Clay and George are somehow sucked into Minecraft. While trying to figure out how to escape, Clay is taken over by a strange force. George is left to...
51.7K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...
98.4K 5.1K 21
-DreamNotFound/Gream Fanfiction- #1 in mincraftyoutubers #1 in saddness #1 wilbursoot ~~~~ To be honest, George never really cared about all th...
2.4K 86 13
STORY: Schlatt has taken over the world with his powers, Elemental Control, the strongest powers of all, but Dream also has this power and more. He i...