My Hero Academia: Mind Over M...

By c12376

Aeden never knew his parents,but he doesn't care about his undiscovered past. All he cares about now is his c... More

BNHA Prologue
BNHA Part 1
BNHA Part 2
BNHA Part 3
BNHA Part 4
BNHA Part 5
BNHA Part 6
BNHA Part 7
BNHA Part 8
BNHA Part 9
BNHA Part 10
BNHA Part 11
BNHA Part 12
BNHA Part 13
BNHA Part 14
BNHA Part 15
BNHA Part 16
BNHA Part 17
BNHA Part 18
BNHA Part 19
BNHA Part 20
BNHA Part 21
BNHA Part 22
BNHA Part 23
BNHA Part 24
BNHA Part 25
BNHA Part 26
BNHA Part 27
BNHA Part 28
BNHA Part 29
BNHA Part 30
BNHA Part 31
BNHA Part 32
BNHA Part 33
BNHA Part 34
BNHA Part 35
BNHA Part 36
BNHA Part 37
BNHA Part 38
BNHA Part 39
BNHA Part 40
BNHA Part 41
BNHA Part 42
BNHA Part 44
BNHA Part 45
BNHA Part 46
BNHA Part 47
BNHA Part 48
BNHA Part 49
BNHA Part 50
BNHA Part 51
BNHA Part 52
BNHA Part 53
BNHA Part 54
BNHA Part 55
BNHA Part 56
BNHA Part 57
BNHA Part 58
BNHA Part 59
BNHA Part 60
BNHA Part 61
BNHA Part 62
BNHA Part 63
BNHA Part 64
BNHA Part 65
BNHA Part 66
New Book
Part 69

BNHA Part 43

21 0 0
By c12376

--Midoriya--

Sir Nighteye:Interesting...you want to do a work study here,because you think that doing so will make you stronger. | Midoriya:Yes sir! Please let me! | Sir Nighteye:We need to draw up a contract... | Midoriya:Of course! (digs into his backpack) Yes! I brought one! | Sir Nighteye:You will not interrupt me while I'm speaking to you. | Midoriya:Sorry sir!

Sir Nighteye:*Midoriya gives him the contract* Once I stamp this document,you'll officially be contracted with my agency for a work study. | Midoriya:Yes sir! | Sir Nighteye:You have to understand that this will be nothing like the week-long internships that you students take on so casually.

Sir Nighteye:You must work here for a minimum of four months and will be paid wages,however your academic responsibilities will likely suffer due to absences you'll rack up. Which means your classmates will pull ahead of you. | Midoriya:I understand that,but,if I worry about what everyone else is doing,I'll never be number one!

A moment of silence has passed,then Sir Nighteye raised his hand into the air,holding a stamp. He swings it back down,but misses the stamp box on the contract. In fact,he purposely stamped the desk right beside the document.

Midoriya:*tiny voice* Umm...I think you missed? | Sir Nighteye:*continues to stamp the desk* Because I am not approving this. | Midoriya:What?! | Sir Nighteye:I understand that working here will be beneficial to YOU,but what benefit would you bring to MY agency?

Sir Nighteye:This office currently runs smoothly with two sidekicks and one work study student already under my employ,so why would I add you on? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? In order to be acknowledged,you must be able to answer those questions unequivocally!

Sir Nighteye:All Might showed his worth in power and humor. He gave hope to those who lived in fear of criminals. That's why the people were happy to acknowledge him. | Midoriya:You're right...I need to find out how I can help the world... | Sir Nighteye:*stands up* It's time to show me what you would bring to the table,using actions,not words.

Sir Nighteye:Three minutes. You have three minutes to try and take this seal from me. (he raises the stamp into the air again) If you want to work as a hero under my guidance,then stamp that contract yourself. | Midoriya:Wait,what...?! | Sir Nighteye:I'm saying that even though you don't appear to possess a single ounce of humor in your body,I'm still giving you a chance.

Sir Nighteye:The two of you,go wait outside. (he gestures to Bubble Girl and Mirio) | Bubble Girl/Mirio:Sir,yes sir. | Sir Nighteye:Once more with feeling! | Bubble Girl/Mirio:*salutes* Sir,yes sir!

They both leave the office,leaving Midoriya with Sir Nighteye.

Sir Nighteye:I'll take no offense of measures during this time,and you're welcome to attack me in any manner you desire. Don't concern yourself with what happens to the room. Just come and get it.

Nighteye's quirk is...no,there's no time to strategize! I just got to get that seal. I'll forge my own path to the number one spot! One for All: Full Cowling!

Sir Nighteye:An approach from the front,but it's merely a feint and a failed grab,and then another jump attack to no avail...I can see everything.

I knew it! Still,maybe if I keep trying moves!

Midoriya continues to try and grab the seal,only for Sir Nighteye to simply move a step out of the way. Midoriya recovers and quickly throws his backpack to Sir Nighteye,then quickly dash toward him,only to seemingly disappear.

Sir Nighteye:Is that all you've got? I thought you were attempting to show me your usefulness. This is a waste of time.

Midoriya continues his struggle,and you can hear the squeaks he's making because of his shoes. 

Sir Nighteye:One minute passes,he backs up briefly,and appears nervous. Finally understanding that he can't overcome my Foresight.

Sir Nighteye was reading his moves like he already knew what was going to happen. That's what his quirk does,yet the activation requirements are a secret.

It doesn't matter how many moves I try,he's one step ahead! There's gotta be a way to slip past his quirk!

Sir Nighteye:I had high expectations for you,until now. You have the power to become a symbol,but you're mediocre. Meanwhile,villains everywhere are getting restless and gloom is creeping closer. A pity. All Might chose wrong after all. Mirio should've inherited the power.

Midoriya:What are you talking about...? "Chose wrong after all?" | Sir Nighteye:Don't get me wrong,I do love and respect All Might,but I don't understand why he chose you. How can YOU succeed HIM?

I guess I never really thought about it,but of course there were candidates before me,which means Togota was in the running to inherit One for All. Does he know that? How did All Might and Nighteye choose him? How did All Might know any of this? And if so,why didn't he tell me before?

Sir Nighteye:You think you have time to stand there frozen,or are you just getting tired running out of ideas? I was honestly a bit curious when Mirio told me he was going to bring you here to introduce you,but it turns out it was a waste time. There is a candidate who is far worthier of inheriting One for All than you. As such,I cannot acknowledge you.

I have to remember the words he said that day...

All Might:Young man,you too can become a hero. I can give you my abilities. Take the torch!

I have to keep fighting! I'll go beyond! So he can't react even if he can see my movements! I can't just let him reject me now! Not after everything All Might and I have been through!

Midoriya activates Full Cowling once more,then starts bouncing around the office like what Gran Torino was doing when he was learning Full Cowling.

He chose me! He wanted me to have his power!

Midoriya:I'm going to take that stamp from you! I swear,I will make you acknowledge me!

Midoriya continues to bounce around the office,knocking over several items but carefully positioning his landing so he wouldn't ruin the important decorations.

Nighteye's quirk,Foresight,let's him see into the future,but the questions is,how far into the future? My best bet is to make a ton of different moves as quickly as I can so he doesn't have any time to think!

Sir Nighteye:There is a candidate who is far worthier of inheriting One for All than you. 

If I leave now,it's like I'm admitting that he was right!

Midoriya dashes from the ceiling and stretches his hand out ot grab the seal,only for Nighteye to dodge his attack once again.

Sir Nighteye:Gran Torino's style,but you're a mere shadow of the original. (Midoriya grunts as he continues to jumps around the office) For the next hour,provided with the conditions I met,I can see what you'll do. (Midoriya dashes toward him,while Nighteye took a step back,dodging him) Wherever you go. (He dodge Midoriya again) In case you're interested,two minutes from now you'll be slumped on the floor with neither the seal nor the contract.

Midoriay lands on the ground,crouching as he lets out another grunt.

Sir Nighteye:You looked unsure since this trial began,but All Might certainly must've taught you better than that. Fear and indecision are luxuries a top-tier hero can not afford. (Midoriya goes back to dashing all over the office) Someone who understands that will always act with vision and purpose. You must've been told this countless times,but now,when your training is put to the test,you choke. You said you would make me acknowledge you,but the more I see,the more convince I become that you will ultimately fail.

Midoriya:He said I can do it! | Sir Nighteye:Who said that? One of your little friends? | Midoriya:The greatest hero the world has ever seen!

Midoriya's body flew past him,his feet skidding across the ground as he grab hold one of Nighteye's bookshelves,then throwing the books and papers on it into the air.

Midoriya:Sorry! But you did say not to worry about the room,right?

What he said about his power...

Sir Nighteye:For the next hour,provided with the conditions I met,I can see what you'll do,wherever you go.

He can see whatever I do wherever I go,why did he word it that way? What exactly is Nighteye seeing? Everything that's going to happen? Or only the actions of a specific target,me? Time to test my theory! I'll scatter objects at random,if I'm his sole target,then his Foresight won't be able to reach them! Nighteye! I'm not giving up now,or ever!

Midoriya:*dives toward the stamp* Whether you like it or not,I am All Might's successor! | Sir Nighteye:*dodges him again* That doesn't alter what I see. | Midoriya:Not yet!

His face slams into the wall,to which he skids down with an evident line of blood coming from his nose.

Midoriya:*weak* I'm not done...! | Sir Nighteye:It's over. | Midoriya:No it's not! | Sir Nighteye:Three minutes has passed. | Midoriya:What? | Sir Nighteye:You're All Might's chosen successor? A beggar's belief... You devised only a single plan and failed spectacularly,leaving you worn out.

Midoriya:I didn't botch this test because I'm tired. | Sir Nighteye:Then what happened? | Midoriya:I realized I was about to step on the poster for All Might's tenth anniversary as a hero! The one that was never for sale!

Despite being in constant motion as Gran Torino would,Midoriya managed to avoid ruining any image of All Might in the room.

Sir Nighteye:Even emotionally off-balance from my provocations,he formulated a strategy to defeat me AND remained aware of his surroundings?

Mirio:*him and Bubble Girl burst through the door with a pose* And here's our well-timed return! | Bubble Girl:You're done,right Sir? That loud bang sounded pretty final! | Sir Nighteye:I'll take the boy,Mirio. | Mirio:That's awesome!!!

Midoriya:What?! I don't understand. I didn't do either of the things you asked me to! | Sir Nighteye:I told you to take the seal from me and stamp the contract yourself,but I didn't say you'd be rejected if you failed. | Midoriya:Yeah,but...!

Mirio:Congrats Midoriya,you pulled it off! So! He made you laugh after all! | Sir Nighteye:I had already decided I would take you on when I heard you were coming. I also knew you weren't entirely lacking in skill and intellect,but I still wanted to see it for myself.

Sir Nighteye:*approaches him with the stamp* The Symbol of Peace is gone,and the people are looking not for a dim light,but a dazzling one. You'll work here alongside professionals,and you will see. Regardless of All Might's mandate,you're not worthy of his power. (stretches his hand out,then let's go of the stamp)

One for All can only be transferred through the will of current user. He's taking me on to make me give up. I'm All Might's chosen successor,but Sir Nighteye doesn't accept that. He believes that Togota should have been selected instead. It makes for an unsettling dynamic,but even so...

The stamp falls into Midoriya's hands,to which he proceed to stamp the seal himself.

Midoriya:I look forward to be working with you!

After that,Midoriya and Mirio head back to there dorms. Midoriya rested for a while until the sun was starting to set.

Uraraka:You found an agency for your work study? Congratulations Deku! | Mina:That's awesome! | Aeden:And so soon as well! | Ida:Well done Midoriya! (him and Midoriya shares a handshake) | Midoriya:Thanks guys. | Ida:Thank YOU! You're an example to us all!

Denki:I don't know,the rest of us are suppose to compete though. | Sero:Yeah,you'll be working at Sir Nighteye's agency,that's seriously amazing! | Kirishima:And I hear Togota recommended you! | Sato:Pretty impressive man! | Midoriya:Um...yeah,I guess...

Except...the only reason he took me on was to give up One for All.

Uraraka:I wish I had a place picked out. The school said Gunhead doesn't have enough interns,so his agency is a no-go. | Tsu:I know what you mean. I wanted to go to Selkie's but that's out too. | Kirishima:Yeah,so is Fourth Kind. He doesn't even accept students for work studies. | Aeden:Same thing with my Dad...

Sero:The teachers aren't making it easy for us,are they? | Denki:Thanks to all these requirements,a ton of agencies are ruled out right out the bat. | Clyde:We can't really blame 'em. Unlike the internships,we'll be directly involved. So if anything were to go wrong-- | Mr. Aizawa:Then the pros take responsibility for whatever happened.

Denki:Oh,hey Mr. Aizawa! | Mr. Aizawa:Only pros who are the real deal will take on rookies like you guys,knowing the risk involved. Tokoyami,looks like you got an offer from one of them. Hawks has invited you to work with him in Kyushio.

Denki:No way! | Sero:Dude,he's the number three Hero! That's awesome! | Sato:Woah,good job! | Mr. Aizawa:Well? What do you say? | Tokoyami:I respectfully accept. | Mr. Aizawa:Alright then. I'll make sure you get the relevant paper work later. Just let me know when you're expected in Kyushio so I can sign of your absences.

Shoji:Congrats Tokoyami! You psyched? | Tokoyami:I'm grateful,of course.

Mr. Aizawa:Also,Kirishima,Clyde. Apparently,Amakiji from The Big Three wants to talk to you two about something. | Kirishima:Hm? He wants us? | Mr. Aizawa:Uraraka,Asui,and Aeden,you got your own Big Three summons from Hado. You can track them down sometime tomorrow or whatever. That's all for now.

Clyde:From Amajiki? | Kirishima:Yeah,that sounds crazy! I wonder what he wants? | Tsu:Considering the timing,it could be the work study program. | Uraraka:No way! That would be too good to be true,right?! | Kirishima:I have to wait until tomorrow? Nope! I'm going over to the third-year's dorm right now! | Clyde:*follows him* Kirishima, at least ask politely. | Kirishima:Don't worry,I will! | Aeden:Me either,let's go with them! | Uraraka:Yeah! | Tsu:Ribbit!

Denki:Aw man,I'm so jealous of those guys! | Sero:We'll just have to work harder! | Mineta:*staring into Mina's AHEMS* Who cares about work studies anyway? First years like us will just get stuff like running errands and do paper work all day. | Denki:Aw yeah,that's what happened at your internship,huh? | Mineta:DON'T REMIND ME OF MY DISGRACEFUL PAST! (they all burst into laughter)

Tomorrow...I start tomorrow...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 4 1
This all started about four days ago, when both of the blonde's best friends confessed to him at the same time. Literally. At. The. Same. Time. The e...
6.2K 221 2
โ๐†๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ __ ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ญ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐€๐ข๐ณ๐š๐ฐ๐š ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ๐š'๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐จ๐› ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐จ ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
612 22 24
Eri writes in her diary about her life with the UA students, her adoptive dad Aizawa and trying to understand the things that goes on in the real wor...