Wait For Me.

By Kid076

"Could you do that?" More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

1

2.5K 50 25
By Kid076

  "Dion did you even pack yet?" "Uh no. How the hell imma pack for something when you haven't even told me what I was packing for?" "I did. A vacation." "That's very..........descriptive." I said as I deadpanned her. "Don't look at me like that. Get ya up and get your shit together." she yelled as I looked at her. "I don't know what I'm packing for so no." I said shaking my head. "You are so annoying. Don't come crying to me when you need help at the last minute." "Uh uh, that was only one time. I overslept at that."

  "That's what happens when you get drunk the night before." "It was a birthday celebration. Mines at that ugly." I said rolling my eyes. "I know you not talking. You was the one that encouraged me to do it. If I recall, you said: 'We getting fucked up tonight! No questions asked' end quote." I said smirking at her. "Well you knew we were getting on the plane the next day so you should've known your limit." she counter. While she did have a point, she was supposed to be the responsible friend and stop me, right? Says a lot about her. "You was supposed to stop me tho." I said grabbing my phone. 

  "Uh, you forgot, I did." she said laughing. "I tried to stop you from drinking all of the rum and vodka but noooo you said 'It's my favorite!' " she said mimicking me. I instantly rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Have you finished your paper?" I asked as she looked at me in shock. Looks like somebody didn't even start. "Talking allat shit and you didn't even do your homework. Jesus be a fence." I said facepalming myself. "Shut up." "Nope." I said with my tongue out. I watched as she frantically pulled out her laptop and some papers. "I gotta listen to this boring ass lecture and give my thoughts on it. Kill me now." she groaned as I laughed. 

  "Baby you better finesse and make that shit sound immaculate." I said imitating a chef's kiss. "You're so hype you did all ya assignments." "It's called be responsible baby. If you would've played the lecture during those times we drove to the mall, you would've been done as well." "Lectures are so boring." "Duh, but we could've discussed it as you jotted down notes on your phone before transferring it to the laptop and completing the rest." I said with my hands up. "That actually made perfect sense. Damn I should've thought of it then." "Would've, could've, should've." I said as she laughed. "Can we do that now?" she said with pleading eyes. "Nope. I'm tired and hungry. At this rate, I'd either fall asleep or argue with you." I said as she laughed. "Yeah we all know how you can get with either or."  cue another eye roll. 

  "Whatever, I'm actually about to take a quick power nap right now. Wake me if you need me before then." I said, setting my alarm on my phone as she nodded her head. After about 45 mins, my alarm went off. I rubbed my eyes to see her deep in the laptop, signifying that she was super focused. Stretching, I stood up from the bed. "I'm going to the store do you want anything?" I asked as she held up her phone, meaning she would text me. "OK. Good luck with the paper." I said lacing my shoes up as she nodded her head. As I walked down the street, I took a few seconds to soak up the sun. It was really beautiful out and this breeze, perfect. I watched as the little children ran across the playground with their friends while their parents looked on.  So innocent. 

  I was interrupted from my daze when I bumped into a wall. At least that's what it felt like. "I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up. "Almost made me spill my juice." the guy said before cracking a smile. "Nah for real its all good. Enjoying the day I see." he said as I nervously laughed. "Yeah and not watching where I'm going that's for sure." I said as we both laughed. "Well I'm not gonna hold you up. You be careful and try not to bump into anyone else along the way." he said as I laughed. "I won't. Sorry again." I said as I continued my trek. Shortly after that, I got text from Dira. She asked for Kung Pao chicken over fried riced with a side of fried scallops and homemade lemonade. One thing about my friend, she can fucking eat. 

  I was just thinking about getting me some Chinese too, great minds. I finally made it to my favorite store. "My favorite person." Mai said as I walked in. She quickly pulled me in for a hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "How are you?" "I'm doing great all of my work is done so I have leisure time." I said as she smiled. Mai basically became my second mom the moment I moved up here. Every since I placed my first order, she'd always checked up on me and made sure I was OK. Oh and that my grades weren't slipping. Her and my mom met a few times and hit it off from there. It gave my mom comfort knowing that there was someone up here watching me. She can be such a worrywart. "So what ya eating today?" "Um, I'll teriyaki chicken with shrimp fried rice. "What else?" she asked smirking at me. She never lets me order one thing. EVER lol.

  "Hmm a basket of fried scallops." I said as she nodded her head. Yes I'm copying but that's only because I know Dira greedy ass isn't going to share. "For my daughter?" "She wants Kung Pao chicken over fried rice with scallops as well." I said as she nodded. "Drinks." "Pink lemonade and a homemade lemonade."  "I know how you like it. Gimme a few minutes." she said as I nodded my head and took a seat. The thing I love about her store is that it's always clean. She said she hates that stigma. The food here be good as hell because she's the chef. Puts her heart right up in it. I sat there admiring the family the abundance of pictures she had framed on the wall from various people in the neighborhood. I laughed when I saw my birthday picture.

  It was me and her hugging while I had cake smashed all over my face. The funny part was that she was the one who smashed the cake in my face, leading to a cake fight. Everyone went home that night drunk and with cake particles all over them. It was so much fun. "You gotta bring me some more pictures." she said scaring me. "Those two aren't enough." "I know. I'll take some more when I allegedly go on this vacation with Dira." "Why you say it like that?" "Last time Dira took us on 'vacation' it was a boring educational seminar. We couldn't do anything the entire trip. Sad thing was we were in sunny California." I said shaking my head as she laughed. "That's Dira. Always full of surprises. Your food is done now." she said as she walked back into the kitchen. 

  She came back with two bags. I proceeded to hand her a $20 to cover the meals. She gave me 10 back. "Take the full amount lady." I said as she shook her head no. "Take it." "Nope. You know I got you as long as you continue to do good in class. When's the report card coming?" she inquired. "Should be in 3 weeks. I gotta look." I said as she nodded. "You know what to do." "I'll definitely bring it to you." I laughed. "Good now hurry up and get home. I don't feel like using Nina today." she said handing me the food and drinks. You guys probably guess who that is, you're correct. "See you later!" "You better have my pictures." she shouted as I waved. 

  I quickly power walked home because in any minute, Dira would be blowing my phone up and getting on my damn nerves. She can act like a baby momma sometimes. When I made it back to my place, she was typing her ass off. "Looks like someone is busy." I laughed as she held her hand out, signifying that she wanted her food. I handed her the scallops as I placed the lemonade next to her before heading into the living room and watching some TV. You ever sat back and just analyzed your life? Where did you want to go? Any regrets? Things you'd wish wanna do? Hell I'd even answer them, though I never seem to write them down. Gotta start doing that. 

  "That lecture killed me." Dira groaned as she walked into the kitchen, regaining my attention. "At least now you don't have to worry about it." I said continuing to eat. "Wait, when was it due?" "Uh....5 hours from now." "Dira!" I yelled. "I know, I know. I'm sorry." "You ass almost failed!" I said plucking her in her forehead. "Ouch! I apologized for it  already!" she whined. "Where would you be if I didn't keep yo ass on track?" I questioned as I ate the last of my scallops. "That's why I keep ya. You keep me balanced while I bring the spontaneity." she said as I laughed because it was true. Everyday was an adventure with her. "Well can you at least tell me what type of weather I'm packing for?" I said changing the subject. 

  "Nope." she said as she went to heat up her food. "How am I supposed to pack if I have no idea the climate I'm preparing for?" I asked with my eyebrow raised. "Sorry, can't help you there." she said shrugging. "Wait a minute, you don't even know what you're packing for let alone going do you?" I said realizing the situation. She started laughing. "You got me." "Then why would you-" "You gotta stay ready. You never know when the opportunity will arise." she said as I nodded my head. "Well you have a point there." "Anyways. Pack a bag to be on a safe side." She said as I shook my head. "Noted." We sat ate for a few minutes before walking into the living room to watch some TV. 

  "Hey babe," "Yeah?" "You're long overdue for a vacation." "I know." "I mean the birday trip was a start but you need a longer one. You haven't given yourself time to relax like that." she said as I sighed, high key agreeing with her. "The problem is school and work takes up all my time so I barely can even think about it." "That's what I'm here for. You let me worry about that. Just be ready when I call." she said closing her eyes. "You staying over?" "Mmmmhmmm." "Good night princess." I said as she cuddled up against my shoulder.  

  That arm is gonna be numb tomorrow. 

I forgot to introduce myself, this is me Dion:

Here's my best friend Dira:

Heh, heh, the kid is back!

We gonna have some fun!

Thoughts?

Dion?

Dira?

Mai?

You guys like the cover?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 14K 33
6.5K 175 35
Ongoing story would be updated weekly "If I want you, imma have you"
422K 16.9K 67
𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧...𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭
128K 1.5K 6
Need to say more? -wink wink-