Sirens Eye || A Kylo/Ben X Re...

By meg_renX

You're a barista at the Alderaan University Starbucks, going into your fifth and final year and you're still... More

Chapter 1: Tall Bold, no Room
Chapter 2: An Unsatisfied Craving
Chapter 3: Early Incompetence
Chapter 4: A Gift Then
Chapter 5: Relax
Chapter 6: Bad Judgement
Chapter 7: Sweetheart
Chapter 8: Hollow Bodies
Chapter 9: Let Me Show You
Chapter 10: Doll
Chapter 11: Itinerary Planning
Chapter 12: Another Gift x2
Chapter 13: I-Just-Had-Bomb-Ass-Sex Face
Chapter 14: Ominous
Chapter 15: What Redemption?
Chapter 16: Full Circle
Chapter 17: Permission
Chapter 18: Defense
Chapter 19: Call Me Pretty
Chapter 20: Ecstatic
Chapter 21: Worshipped
Chapter 22: No Peeking
Chapter 23: Professor & the Brat
Chapter 24: His Friend
Chapter 25: Pineapple Heart
Chapter 26: Daddy
Chapter 27: Power
Chapter 28: Indulgence
Chapter 29: Perfect & Pretty & Pink
Chapter 31: A Trip
Chapter 32: Two Trips
Chapter 33: Leaving
Chapter 34: Eve Eve
Chapter 35: Destiny
Chapter 36: Who Is Ben?
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: I Know
Chapter 39: Merry Christmas
Chapter 40: Selfless & Stubborn
Chapter 41: Countdown
Chapter 42: Enough
Chapter 43: Sirens Eye

Chapter 30: Limbo

2.3K 60 55
By meg_renX

You awoke to your alarm going off. It was Monday morning. Fuck. You rolled in your bed, sighing heavily as you rubbed your eyes. You were exhausted.

You and Kylo had spent much of the remainder of Saturday night in the bath, then settled in bed to watch more Star Wars before you passed out. Sunday was spent cleaning the cabin and packing the groceries and your clothes. Kylo needed to be back in Alderaan before 3:00pm because he had to go to campus for something. He didn't say what. He dropped you off back at your dorm and then went to go do his business. Your truck was still in the same spot, covered in an inch or so of snow, sitting pretty. You remembered to thank Jannah for keeping an eye on it.

You didn't see Kylo for the rest of the day Sunday, and he hadn't texted or called Sunday night. It made you feel weird. You had just spent ten whole days together, and then as soon as you guys were back in Alderaan it was like he had completely fallen off the grid. You weren't sure why you were expecting anything else from him, but a girl could dream. Leia and Han weren't back yet from their cabin, and they wouldn't be till Monday afternoon, so you had your dorm to yourself.

As soon as you were back in Alderaan though, you texted her and your parents. Letting them know that you were alive. You texted Pax too to get the schedule, and sure enough you were opening Monday morning with him. A part of you felt defeated. You had just had the best week of your life, and all of a sudden it was just over. Back to normal as if it didn't happen at all.

But that's how most Reading Weeks went. You'd go home and get used to being with your parents, then you'd have to go back to doing everything yourself. It felt like that still, from having Kylo literally do everything for you, to you settling on toast for dinner Sunday night.

You glanced at your phone, it was almost 5:45am. Shit. You didn't have time to wash your face, so you brushed you teeth and threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. You grabbed your bag and a jacket and darted outside your dorm. You basically sprinted through the tunnels underneath the school and made it to work at 5:58am.

Panting, you ran into the back room. "Shit. Pax I'm sorry I'm late!" You spun around, looking for him. He was nowhere to be found. You put your bag and jacket on a hook and walked to the front. The coffee cadence was started, and everything was done. Even the pastry case was full and the oven was turned on. You were met with Pax's ass hanging out the fridge on cold bar. You smiled and snuck up behind him.

*SMACK* You slapped his ass lightly, but enough that he jumped further into the fridge. "Who the fuc––" He yanked himself from the fridge, his arms swinging like he was going to hit whoever just slapped him. His anger turned into excitement as soon as he laid eyes on you.

"BITCH YOU'RE BACK HELL YES!" He jumped to his feet, pulling you into his lanky arms squeezing you so hard. "Girl, I fucking missed you! That is the longest we've ever gone without talking! I was going insane without you." He was breathing hard and squeezing you with every word. "But OMG tell me everything!" He pried himself from your arms, the biggest smile spread across his face.

"PAX! Ugh I missed you too bitch. Like so much. There were so many times that I wanted to text you or call you!" You were just about to start telling him about your week when you heard someone clear their throats at the till. Shit, that's right. You were late and it was now 6:04am. Officially open. You didn't even have your apron, realizing that you forgot it in your room. For fucks sake.

You gave Pax a quick glance and he jerked his chin to the back room. You nodded politely at the customer as you scurried into the back room, rummaging through the aprons hanging on the hooks. You found one that looked somewhat clean and tossed it on. You'd have to do without your nametag today, but oh well. Most customers knew who you were anyways.

You quickly grabbed a muffin from the pastry case. You checked that there were no other customers and you stood by the oven and devoured it. You woke up on time, but then let your mind babble until you were hopelessly late. Thank god you live on campus. Pax finished making the drink and waltzed over to stand behind the pastry case. Still visible for any customers, but close enough that you guys could talk.

"Soooo, spill it bitch. I don't want you to leave out anything." He leaned back against the counter, crossing his arms over his chest. You looked at him, mouth full of muffin. You missed this lanky, crazy-ass man so fucking much. You swallowed and smiled. "Okay well fuck, where should I start?"

"Start with Friday! Duh." He rolled his eyes and you shot him a sour look.

"Okay, well we uh got to his place and he had set up the kitchen so beautifully. And ohmygosh Pax he made the best stew I have ever had in my life. And he made it in a fucking crockpot." His eyes went wide and he barrelled down laughing.

"Professor Ren?! Kylo fucking Ren uses a fucking crockpot to cook?!" He snorted, and you couldn't help but laugh with him. "Yes Pax, and it was so yummy! And I think it's cute." Pax controlled his laughing and listened as you told him about the bouquet of your favourite flowers and the rose petals, the wine and the coconut cupcakes. You told him about how Kylo had completely renovated his bedroom, to make it more homey for you.

Working through a few customers here and there you finally told him about the letter from Anakin. You didn't tell him what happened after you found it... you weren't sure if you were even going to tell Leia.

"Damn that's some next level shit. What do you think creepy grandpa means?" Pax was shaking two of the shaker cups at the same time, mixing a peach green tea and Starbucks doubleshot. You were waiting for your shots to pull for a hazelnut latte. "I'm... I'm not sure Pax." That was a full-on lie. Your stomach churned. You hated lying to him, but it wasn't your business to share stories about Kylo's family.

For Pax's horny hearts' sake, you skipped right to last Saturday morning where you and Kylo had a steamy shower. "I woke up and saw steam coming from the bathroom, so I crept in naked and Kylo was showering. I was sleepy still, but I just waltzed in with him." You were blushing as you were steaming some milk, Pax practically clawing at your hands. "And we uh, well you know!"

He snorted again, "Bitch! I don't know, that's why you gotta tell meeee!" He pumped your syrup for you and cued your next shots. "Thanks," you nodded. "And okay FINE! We did anal..." You looked up at him and he was grinning, he looked evil, but you laughed anyways.

"Holy shit YEES! My girl has finally done it in the butt!" He practically shouted, his arms raising in praise as he paced across the floor and back. "Ohmygosh! Pax shut the fuck up! Someone will hear you!" You whipped your head around and thankfully there wasn't anyone immediately around the store. Pax came back from his victory lap and patted you on the back.

"It's fucking good right?" His smile was sinister, his laugh coming out like an evil villain from a Disney movie.

"Ugh, yes. Fuck it's so good. And like I've told you," You put the mobile order into the little basket off to the side. "Kylo is sooo––"

"I'm what?" You and Pax both spun around, your heart dropping out of your ass. Kylo was standing at the till, you looked at the clock: 7:00am on the dot.

Pax's jaw hit the floor, his mouth hanging open, but no words were coming out. You collected yourself and strode over to the till, nudging Pax on the shoulder to knock him out of his trance. "You're uh... you're on time! As always. We were just talking about how you're always on time." You tried to sound confident, but you were sure Kylo knew what you were talking about.

You grabbed a tall cup and poured his coffee before you even got to the register. You put the cup down and looked at him. He looked flustered, his hair was messy and his curls were frizzy. The tousled look turned you on so fucking much though, it reminded you of how his hair looked after you two fucked. His jacket was unzipped, the buttons of his cream dress shirt straining as always against his strong chest. He was wearing a brown belt and onyx coloured jeans. A more casual look for him, but breathtaking nonetheless.

"First one of the week is on me Ky–– I mean Professor Ren." You said as you shoved his gold card away. He smirked, leaning in as he grabbed the cup, "Thanks Pet, come to my office after work before your night class, hmm?"

His voice was deep, sticky with the golden honey of his words. You had to snuff the moan that crept up your throat. You nodded, "Mhmkay, bye." You waved at him as he started down the hall towards the Dagobah stairs.

Shit, you were sweating all of a sudden and you could feel the heat radiating off your face. You helped the next customer and when there was a lull in the customers you and Pax continued your conversation. You told him about your walk through Kylo's acreage, the silent hours you spent working on homework, but being fine with it. You told him that Kylo had opened up to you about his family, but that you couldn't say what. And of course, Pax was fine with it. He just said that he's glad you're so happy and that you're making progress with Kylo.

You told him that you'd gotten your period on Tuesday and that you and Kylo had mind-blowing sex, AND that Kylo didn't care about the mess. That he wasn't grossed out by it. "Shit, that is commitment! Periods are nasty. Hell, coochies are nasty. No offence." You snorted. If that wasn't the most gay thing Pax has ever said, you don't know what was.

The morning puttered on, the store getting steadily more busy as students realized they had classes again today. Your story kept getting interrupted, a customer here, a lunch break there, Pax having to do orders and storage room runs. It was going to take all day to tell him everything. You cringed, you were going to have to tell this all to Leia again later.

After your lunch break you went back onto the floor, it was surprisingly dead after 11:30am so you and Pax continued where you left off. Going to the shops to get a new duvet after you ruined the other one. "He let me pick it out! Then before we went back home we got Starbs, ugh it was soo good. And–– oh shit OHMYGOSH Pax we saw Poe!" Pax almost dropped the coffee pot he was holding, "I'M SORRY WHAT?"

"Yeah! He was working the drive-thru and saw me in Kylo's car! I was mortified. I didn't know what to say, the words weren't coming out of my mouth." Your brow started sweating with just remembering the awkward encounter. "Damn girl. What happened??" Pax finished emptying the pot and put it back to restart the cadence.

"Kylo said that I was helping him mark some things for his classes, for extra credit in Greek Myth." You shrugged, "Poe seemed to believe it, sort of."

"What did I believe?" Poe came round the corner, getting ready to clock in for his shift. Fuck, why do people keep popping up when I'm talking about them?!

Pax chimed in, saving your ass. "That I'm the best boss in the world!" Poe just laughed, crouching to clock in. Your hands were clammy, you didn't know what to say.

"So, how'd marking those papers go? Did you mark Finn's?" Poe asked, his eyes big. You exhaled, hard. Thank the Maker Poe was more concerned with Finn than your strange encounter last week. You let out a nervous laugh, "Ha, oh yeah it was good! Uhm, no Finn's wasn't in my pile. I'm sure he did really good though!"

He smiled, twiddling his thumbs, "Oh, well that's good then!" The two of you stood silence for a couple beats, and then you spoke. "Hey, do you still want me to introduce you to him? I can do it Wednesday after I have class with him?" Poe's face lit up, not too much, but enough that you knew he still wanted to.

"Oh, uh yes please! That sounds great, still a couple days away. That's good. Yeah. Good." Gods he is so cute when he gets flustered. "Haha okay sounds good, Finn and I will come up after class Wednesday!"

"Okay, hey thanks girl I appreciate it." He smiled warmly at you, and you returned it as you walked over to the till. "Don't mention it Poe!"

You worked through the rest of the day, getting pretty busy as it neared 2:30pm. You knew Kylo would be waiting for you in his office, so you apologized as you had to leave during a rush. Pax understood, Poe was oblivious, and Rey listened to whatever you said. You clocked out and skipped into the back. You went to the bathroom across the hall before heading down the Kylo's office, taking your hair from the low ponytail and trying to smooth it out. You rubbed your eyes and smacked your cheeks a little bit. Splashed some water in your face and took a deep breath.

You felt nervous. Fuck knows why, you'd just spent a whole week with Kylo. But something about seeing him at school made your lower belly flutter and your lungs constrict. The last time you'd been with him on campus he bent you over a desk in a classroom. Your legs jellied at the memory. Straightening up you left the bathroom and started heading down the stairs.

Your night class didn't start till 6:00pm, so you had a few hours to kill in Kylo's office. Most of the time you'd spend those three hours doing homework, or the readings for your class, or Kylo was fucking the absolute shit out of you. It really depended on the day. And you weren't sure what kind of day today was going to be like. He'd seemed flustered this morning, but spoke as if he was his usual self. Requesting your presence after work was normal. But you couldn't forget the fact that before this morning, he hadn't spoken to you since like 2:00pm yesterday.

You were debating with yourself on whether or not you should ask him about it. By the time you got to Kylo's office, seeing the door cracked open as always, you decided not to ask about it. You creaked the door open more, letting the familiar scent of coffee and Kylo's cologne his your senses. It relaxed you and made you feel at home.

Not necessarily at home in his office specifically, but rather you felt at home whenever you were with him. Wherever he was, was home. With him, in his heart and soul. That is where you wanted to be forever.

His nose was buried in a big textbook, titled 'Achilles' Rage'. Hmm, interesting book. You stepped in quietly and shut the door behind you, not locking it. At the click of the door Kylo looked up and he smiled. "You're so beautiful." Was all he said before lowering his head back into the book. Highlighting something quickly before shutting it and putting it on his cluttered desk.

You blushed, moving to sit on your leather chair by the fire. You shucked your backpack off and got out your laptop. You figured you'd finish editing the final draft of your paper for Kylo's class. He got up and came round the chair behind you, leaning over the top of it to wrap his arms around you. He kissed the top of your head, moving to kiss your cheek a few times before resting his chin in the crook between your neck and shoulder.

"I'm sorry I didn't text you last night. I was busy with work, I didn't get to bed until it was pretty much time for me to wake up." He kissed your neck, setting your pulse on fire.

You stuttered, "It-it's okay, don't worry about it." Well, that was as much closure as you were going to get, so you figured you'd accept it. You spun around a little bit, so that you were facing Kylo. "You wanna come snuggle?" You nudged the chair a little with your legs. He chuckled and kissed the tip of your nose before pulling you up slightly, capturing his lips in yours. He broke it all too soon.

"Actually, I have a meeting with another student from my other class," he saw you start to get up. "No, it's okay I'm meeting with her at the Starbucks actually." Her? HER???? Hmm, well at least Pax would be there to keep an eye on whoever she was.

"Hm, okay well I'm gonna edit my paper then. Will you be back before my class starts?" You couldn't imagine a student-teacher meeting going on longer than 20 minutes, let alone 3 hours.

"I should be, I do have to go and meet with Lando for something though so if I'm not back before you leave, then just lock my door." You frowned. "Professor Calrissian? For what?" Did that have something to do with the fact Kylo was willingly reading a book on Greek myth?

"Just want to probe his mind about a few things, nothing really baby." Ugh baby. Yes. You melted, completely forgiving Kylo's suspicious behaviour.

"Okie dokie, well see you later then, maybe!" He bent down and kissed you again, hard and fast. You tried to hold onto him longer, but he was out the door in a blink. You huffed. What the heck was going on today? You felt like you were in a weird dream, where people were popping up unannounced, where everything wasn't making sense and everything felt fucking weird.

You tried to ignore feeling like you were in limbo, and focussed on editing your paper. It was already pretty much finished, you were just crazy and liked to proof-read like three times. You got about halfway through your paper before you dozed off. The plush leather comforting your troubled mind, the cackle of the fire lullabying you into a soft sleep.

Author's Note: SOrry for another short filler chapter! Thank you for over 15k reads as well! I never thought this would happen. I love each and every single one of you guys! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.7K 48
You are a 21 year old girl, and a well-known and respected jedi among the republic. You loved your life, and the opportunity you had to help people a...
432K 9.4K 131
After being captured in a late night raid on the current planet you were being held as a slave, arriving on the Starkiller base soon to find out your...
231 5 7
PLEASE READ DETAILED TAGS AT THE END OF THIS DESCRIPTION: My work is dark and mature. If you have a sensitive constitution or are easily triggered, m...
22.7K 595 30
*COMPLETED* You're training to become a Jedi when you suddenly receive an undercover assignment on the Finalizer. Once you arrive, you find yourself...