affluenza (1.) | ✔️

By joeyyyyyy101

"This story is about the boy I loved. This is about his suffering. This is about my suffering. All of it due... More

Extended Summary
AUTHORS NOTE
Songs and Aesthetics
Prologue // Braylen Adams
Prologue // Sebastian Grey
Dry-humping and Balconies
Talk Me Down
Sebastian v. Braylen
Fourth Grade All Over Again
Drive-in Disasters
Not Friends-Zone
Surf's Up
Blues
Runaway
Ash's Bash
Realization
Who You Are
Together
Clean Up
All Washed Up
The Great Chlorine Caper
Mashed Potatoes and Music Rooms
Little Rainbow
The Ruining
Turkey Day
Family
Waltz
Interlude // Braylen Adams
Interlude // Sebastian Grey
Santa's Speedo
Make-ups at Moku
Plans
Boyfriends
Size Thirteen In Men's
Okay Days
Wipeout
Feel The Same
Where You Go
Worth
The Trouble with Trust
Hiro
Never Really Over
Yet
Start Over
Will Power
Double Negative = Positive
Interlude // Braylen Adams
Interlude // Sebastian Grey
The View
Hometown
Prince of Malibu
Nothing Else
To Be Good Enough
Pretty
In and Out
The Big One-Eight
Evan North
Because of You
Nothing
The Ball
Half-Happy Ending
Epilogue // Braylen Adams
Epilogue // Sebastian Grey
AUTHORS NOTE
***
SEQUEL!!!!!

Chain Reaction

326 25 43
By joeyyyyyy101

        HAYLEY FINISHES UP the last braid in the front of my hair. She sighs contentedly and pats the crown of my head, chuckling softly. "All done. Sebastian is going to lose it."

        She turns me around in my bedroom chair to face the mirror; I almost didn't recognize myself. Strands of my hair and small braids framed my face. My hair hit my shoulders onto my navy blue sweater. I looked cleaner, more put together, like I was a Malibu boy born and raised and not trailer trash from Maine.

        "Wow," I mumble as I chuckle surprisedly. "What are you doing studying engineering when you could be doing this? You're awesome."

        Hayley's eyes sparkle. "Really? I've always wanted to go to beauty school but my grades weren't good enough. Plus, my parents insisted I get a practical degree. Whatever 'practical' means."

        "You're amazing," I assure her. "I mean, look at your hair! It's gorgeous!"

        Hayley blushes at my compliments and I grin. She really did look stunning in a sparkly gold dress and her hair in an intricate braided updo with long strands framing her face.

        The door clicks open and Robyn appears, all smiles in her bright red lipstick and matching dress. "Okay, can we all agree to get seriously wasted tonight?" she asks as she spins around my bedroom.

        "It's New Year's; thought that was a given," Hayley laughs, taking a seat on my bed across from me.

        I scrunch my nose. "Can't. Sebastian and I are staying sober together."

        "Ugh, you two are adorable," Robyn groans. "Can I ask you a totally personal question that I literally just thought of right now?"

        I frown slightly. "Is this girl talk? I don't think I want to be apart of girl talk."

        "One: that's super sexist," Robyn argues. "And two: have you and Ash slept together yet?"

        Hayley leans forward onto her knees in anticipation. I sigh softly. "No, not yet. But it's all good."

        "Wait, I'm sorry, are you serious? Ash 'can't keep it in my pants' Grey? Ash 'I invented BDE' Grey? Ash 'I have sex so much I'm probably a walking STD?'" Hayley exclaims, voice rising in disbelief.

        I blush softly. "Wait, do you really think he has an STD?" I ask, crinkling my nose before shaking my head. "We're taking things slow. Making sure neither of us does anything the other isn't comfortable with. We're being mature."

        "You have your entire life to be mature," Robyn argues. "That boy wants you, Braylen. Trust me, I know."

        I open my mouth to argue when the door opens suddenly, Devin appearing. "Devin! What if we were naked?" Robyn yells, jumping up and tossing a throw pillow at him.

        Devin flushes. "Oh, uh. Sorry?" His voice rises into a question and I fight back a laugh. He was so whipped. "Just wanted to see if you guys were ready. Ash and I have been waiting for like thirty minutes."

         I stand up and grab my black leather jacket and toss my hair back over my shoulders. "Let's go."

        Devin, Robyn, and Hayley walk down the steps first, the girls moving extra slow in what looked to be ten inches heels. I follow behind them into the living room when I finally see him.

       His eyes were bright with amusement as my cousins spoke animatedly to him, his blue eyes electric with content. He was dressed in a white button up along with black jeans, gold jewelry on his ears, fingers, and around his neck. He looked devastatingly handsome and I smile as he finally turns to me.

        Sebastian's eyes look me up and down hungrily, a glint in his eyes I'd only seen a few times before, one of those times being that Christmas night in my bedroom. The look sends shivers down my spine and I fight to keep my face even. "Christ, Brayls. You look amazing," he says with a suave smile, standing up and walking over to me.

        "Coming from you," I say, my voice slightly breathless. I blushed as I realized how obvious it was that Sebastian has this effect on me.

        He smirks as if he knows exactly what he's doing and stands beside me, wrapping an arm securely around my lower waist. I force my eyes away from his and back to the twins. "I can trust you guys here alone, yeah? Aunt Amanda shouldn't be out too long."

        Bridget laughs. "You kidding? She deserves the night off. Besides, she's with Dr. Singh which means our plan worked."

        Bridget and Bethany high five before Beth turns to me. "Welp. You know the drill before any party. Don't leave your drinks anywhere, stay together, and if you're going to have sex—"

        "Use protection!" my friends and I echo and then laugh simultaneously.

        I avert my eyes from Bethany to Sebastian and wonder if it was as obvious to him as to everyone else that I was totally in love with him.

¥

Hunter's house was slightly smaller than Devin's but nowhere near less extravagant. In conjunction with the expensive tiles and gorgeous antiques, waiters were handing out champagne in clear glasses. Upon entering, Sebastian grabbed two for the both of us, handing me one and sipping his own gingerly.

I could feel everyone's eyes on Sebastian and I as we walked in and instinctively stood closer to Robyn. "Well," I mumble, talking to Sebastian without looking at him. "Looks like a lot of rich homophobes."

"Screw them," Sebastian responds, but his eyes are tense. He wasn't out to everybody either.

We all walk further into the house, my heart thumping rapidly. I knew the eyes on us were simply shocked because we were supposed to be sworn enemies, not because we were dating. But I still felt like an animal behind the glass.

"Ash!" someone exclaims. All five pairs of eyes turn to the source of the voice and I feel Sebastian stiffen next to me.

A boy that looks a little bit older than us appears. He has jet black hair and brown eyes, dressed in a floral dress shirt and black jeans. He smirks widely as he takes in Sebastian but I can't even focus on him; I could practically feel the nerves radiating from Sebastian.

Sebastian reaches down and squeezes my hand quickly. "Get out of here," he whispers.

I look up at him, eyes confused. "What?"

"Go, Braylen!" he spits, but it's too late.

"Ash," the boy says, sauntering the last few steps up to us. "You're looking good. A little skinnier. How have you been?"

Sebastian bristles uncomfortably. "I think you know, Nate."

Nate? I look up at, the dark shadow on his face.

This was the first and only boy he'd ever had sex with. This was Aaron's cousin.

Fear pricks at my heart and jealousy pools in the pit of my stomach. I instantly regret not running away while I still could. Robyn wraps her arm around mine, supporting my body. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asks as his brows furrow. "What's going on?"

Sebastian scoffs. "That's cute, Nathaniel. Like you don't know."

"Is this about Aaron?"

Sebastian turns to Robyn and Devin, purposefully not looking at me. "You guys should find Hunter. Get some drinks."

"No, they can stay," Nate says, crossing his arms. "Anything you've got to say to me you can say in front of them. I'm Nathaniel, by the way," he adds, holding out a hand to me. I glance at his palm and reluctantly slide my hand into his cold one. Sebastian fumes and Nate smirks in satisfaction. "Let's hear it then, Ash."

Sebastian's nostrils flare. "Where should I start?"

"Maybe from when you left me that next morning? I don't do one night stands that often but guys are usually a little bit happier the morning after," he says with an impish grin.

Sebastian crosses his arms as Devin speaks up. "I think you should go."

"Hmm. Thanks for the advice but I think I'm quite comfortable here, Devin." Nathaniel gives him a dark glare before softening his eyes as he looks at Sebastian. "We're all basically adults, aren't we? Can't we discuss whatever issue you have with me rationally?"

Sebastian chuckles. "The door for rationality closed when Aaron and his goons laced the drugs he'd given me and caused me to have a seizure."

If Nate is shocked, he doesn't show it. "You must have pissed him off pretty good, then. What was it? You got him caught? Mouthed off? Missed a few payments?"

Sebastian's nostrils flare at the last one and Nathaniel laughs victoriously. "Oh? So that's it, then. The Sebastian Grey couldn't pay off his debt. How ironic."

"You knew," Sebastian accuses.

Nate smirks widely. "I did. But even if I didn't, your face gave it all away. So, I'd love to hear your plan for paying him back. Wouldn't put it past you to pull a sly one on him. Aaron isn't that bright sometimes, you know?"

I look up as Sebastian's jaw clenches, his back tensing up.

Nate steps closer to Sebastian until they're standing eye to eye. "You should know something, Ash; Aaron won't stop until he gets what he wants. You want to dupe him or something? Fine. But you will get hurt." He looks at Devin, Hayley, and Robyn. "Your friends will get hurt." His eyes lower on mine, sparked with amusement. "And your boyfriend will, too."

Shock permeates through my skin. Sebastian fumes and pushes Nathaniel's chest back, sending him about four feet away from us. He regains balance easily, holding his hands up in mock defense. "Lovely party, isn't it?" Nate asks as he grabs a cocktail from a waiter who happened to walk by. He shoots us all a grin and a wink before disappearing back into the crowd.

Sebastian pants softly and it's clear to see that he was not happy with what had just happened. I grab his hand tightly, for once not worrying about what people may think. "Find Hunter," I tell the rest of my friends. "Act normal. If he thinks we're freaked out he'll feel compelled to tell Aaron about this. Just stay calm." I look back up at Sebastian who had his eyes shut tightly. "You come with me."

I lead him up a long stretch of stairs until we reach a new floor that's mostly empty, save for a few empty glasses and the sound of yelling behind a closed door. I lead Sebastian into another room and silence envelopes us.

Sebastian's face is red with anger. It was as if I could see it traveling down his body. It reaches his hands first, the shaking reminding me of a race car driver revving his engine before takeoff. It travels to his feet next and he paces across the bedroom quickly, tugging at his hair.

I'm given no warning when he grabs the lamp sitting on a desk and tosses it across the room, the lightbulb and vase shattering into pieces.

I press my back into the wall as I watch him try to control his breathing. Sebastian slams his hands into the wall beside him, yelling out some of the most colorful curse words I'd ever heard. "Sebastian," I murmur and he pulls back from the wall, running a hand through his hair again.

He turns to me and wraps me up in a hug and I squeeze him back, knowing that the worst had passed. "It's okay," I whisper into his chest. "It's okay to be angry; it's okay."

Sebastian holds onto me for a long time. After a few minutes he retracts his body from mine, taking a seat on the bed. He leans forward onto his knees, breathing deeply. "I don't know what to do," he chokes out. His throat is thick with emotion and I find myself close to tears because of it. "It's so messed up, Braylen. I hate that I did this. I hate that I can't fix it."

"We're going to find a way around it, Seb," I murmur, sitting next to him. I loop my arm around his and rest my head on his shoulder. "I told you; I'm going to do whatever I can to keep you safe."

Sebastian sighs. "You can't. You can't go to Aaron anymore. Nathaniel is a lot of things, but he isn't a liar. He will go to Aaron and you will be caught."

I shrug. "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

There's a silence. Then, Sebastian looks over at me incredulously. "You're actually joking, right? There's no way in hell I'm even letting you get close to that guy!"

"You know, I can take care of myself," I spit back.

"Yeah? Well, so can I. I don't want your help anymore," Sebastian says, standing up and stalking away from me.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

"I don't need you, Braylen. I know you want to help, but me, Devin, and Hunter have got it. We know guys like Aaron. We are guys like Aaron."

I stand up too, frowning. "No, you're not. Sebastian, where is this coming from?"

Sebastian chuckles once, pacing past me until he's on the other side of the room. "It's funny, isn't it? How everything depends on everything. If I hadn't have met Aaron, I wouldn't be in this problem. If I didn't sleep with Nate I wouldn't even know who the hell Aaron was. If it weren't for Robert Mackintosh, I wouldn't have even freaked out when I was with Nate. If it weren't for my mom being the standup woman she is, she wouldn't have even brought him Mackintosh into the house. And if it weren't for my dad committing suicide, if he were still alive, none of this would have ever happened!"

Suicide? "Oh, Sebastian," I murmur.

"No, stop! Stop pitying me, stop babying me! Just stop!" he shouts and I shrink back. "Just go."

I stuff my hands into my pockets. "I'm not going anywhere! I'm not leaving you."

        Sebastian opens his mouth to say something but the sound of his voice is cut off by the distinct sound of a gun firing off two booming shots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 347 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
86.8K 4.2K 182
Samuel always has been fortunate enough to enjoy a seamless and comfortable life. He had it all. Good grades, aspirations to become a doctor like his...
Fix Me By min

General Fiction

128K 8.9K 14
Jax isn't happy; he hasn't been for a long time. After a suicide attempt, he lands in the psychiatric ward. Oliver has been in the psych ward for lon...