Weakness (Klaus Mikaelson)

Bởi WhatYoLookinAt

Lily knew that she'd have a weakness someday. Only, she never expected it to be him. Daily updates. Xem Thêm

The Reckoning
Smells like teen spirit
The Bonfire
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The new deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
The Truth
Dangerous Liaisons
The Art Of Caring
All My Children
The Murder of One
Where It All Began
Heart Of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
We All Get A Little Mad Sometimes
Catch Me If You Can
Beautiful Friendships
Beautiful Alliances
A View To Kill
Into The Wild
Bring It On
Because The Night
The Originals
Truth
House Of The Rising Sun
Lies
Tangled Up In Blue
Marcel's party
Girl In New Orleans
Fruit Of The Poisoned Tree
Temperature
Bloodletting
Going Wrong
The River In Reverse
Reigning Power In New Orleans
Acting Out
The Casket Girls
Après Moi Le Dèluge
Long Way Back From Hell
Moon Over Bourbon Street
Party Of The Factions
An Unblinking Death
The Battle Of New Orleans
From A Cradle To A Grave
Epilogue

Farewell To Storyville

11.2K 487 241
Bởi WhatYoLookinAt

When Elijah went to track down Klaus, I headed straight for the cemetery, aware that Rebekah would be there. Honestly, I'd much rather be hunting down the witch I need to kill right now. Alas, I'm burdened by other responsibilities.

"What are you doing here Rebekah?" Her terrified eyes snap up to meet my own, her hair a mess all around her. I suppose this is new. Being hunted by her brother. This time, he's not here to put her in a nap. He's here to end her.

A small smile of relief crosses her face at the sight of me.

"I could ask you the same thing."

I shake my head. The circumstances are different. Klaus and I are on a timeout. Last I checked, he doesn't want me dead. Rebekah on the other hand... "You should be on the other side of the world right now," I lecture. "You know how impulsive he gets. He'll kill you if he gets near you."

"You think I don't know that?"

Klaus has a problem. He hurts the people around him as much as he pleases and never thinks he deserves to be punished for it. It's quite hypocritical, really, given that the same is not extended to others. People aren't allowed to hurt Klaus and get away with it. That's just how it is.

"What were you thinking? You bought Mikael to New Orleans."

Even if she was desperate, surely there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. For example, essentially signing her own brother's death sentence. I wonder if there's ever been a peaceful day in the life of a Mikaelson. I'm seriously beginning to doubt it.

"You don't understand," She persists. "I had to. There were no other options. I had to. You know how he gets. He doesn't let me love."

I know that. I know how he gets. But why can't they just sit down and speak about their problems like adults rather than trying to kill each other? It'd make life so much easier.

Right now, I could be at home pigging out and blaming it on my cravings. Instead, I'm in some desolate cemetery having to save my vampire friend's life. It's getting ridiculous.

"We're going to have to deal with this," I state.

"How?"

"I don't know! You come with me. I can protect you with my magic. Elijah will handle Klaus."

"Rebekah!" Or maybe not. His voice echoes through the tombs, bouncing against walls until it reaches its intended. We both still, despite my name not being called.

"Walk away," Elijah growls at his brother. His words have little impact.

"Don't move," Klaus threatens.

Elijah ignores his brother, throwing Rebekah a look of warning. "Leave us now."

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake."

And suddenly, our problems are much worse. Of course he has a white oak stake. Why wouldn't he? It's a typical Klaus move. Pretend to have rid of something and keep it for your own benefit. Schedule the eye roll for later. I give Rebekah's arm a harsh push. Her face contorts with pain before she nods, disappearing. Honestly, I can't be doing with this. I was supposed to get time to stew before I had to face Klaus again. This is nature yet again telling me all about how much she hates me. Really, I think it's high time nature cuts me some slack.

"I'm asking you, brother to brother-- we end this nonsense now."

"You would side with the traitor," Klaus spits the words out with venom.

"I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt our sister."

"We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah. How long do you think you can defend her?" When he attempts to vamp speed away, I throw him back into a wall with my mind. Crumpling to the floor, he glares up at me. "What a surprise, my pretty little Lillian's here to save the day too. You hate me now. I suppose you're officially a Mikaelson."

Why must he always be so dramatic? He can't admit that- for once- it might just be him that's in the wrong. It'll be his downfall one day.

"You don't make yourself particularly easy to like," I reason. "What were you expecting?"

"I was expecting to wake up to you beside me after Papa Tunde's blade was removed. Instead, I woke up to the human bartender." He pulls himself to a stand, ignoring the cracks on the wall behind him. I don't move as he advances closer. If I shuffle back, it'll tell him who's in control. "I suppose you really don't care about me anymore." His hand snakes up to my cheek which he caressing with bitter tenderness. "What happened to loving me?"

I have to remind myself to breathe as my eyes meet his. They're burning symphonies into my soul, toying with my sanity. It's annoying how easily he can make me weak. How quickly my anger can evaporate in his presence. How easily he can anger me in the first place. He makes life so much more difficult than it needs to be. He toys with my emotions, driving me up the wall.

"It's been two days," I state, placing a hand on his chest to push him away. Unsurprisingly, he doesn't move. Despite my emotions being all over the place, I remain routed in my spot. My torment here is the key to distracting Klaus whilst Elijah gets Rebekah out of the way. Well, as far out of the way as this cemetery will let her be. She can't get out of it. "You and your dramatics again, as per usual. Besides, you can't expect me to stay in something unrequited."

"And that's supposed to mean?"

"I understand where your sister's coming from." She owes me big time after all of this. Emotions are disgusting, and yet I'm here venturing into the unknown with them to protect her. Why must life be so unfair? "She wants to be loved. She wants something so strong and passionate that it consumes her. Maybe I want the same thing. And like with Rebekah, you aren't willing to give me that."

"You're so sure of that."

I shrug, breathing heavily.

"You can't bring yourself to love me. I don't think you ever will."

"I never said that I didn't love you."

"And you never said that you did."

He merely said that I'm 'intelligent enough to know'. That's not saying anything. That's finding an escape route instead of exposing yourself to raw vulnerability and weakness. That's not how I want to live.

"What do you want from me Lillian? Do you want me to lay my heart out to you and share my every desire? Do you want poetry and romantic gestures? Do you want my last name because I'm more than ready to give it to you?" He gets closer to my face, his lips close to my own. I can't breathe. He's firing words at me that I don't understand. I have no hope of understanding them. "What do you want!"

"I want you to calm down for starters," His lips- to my relief- move away. I can breathe again. "I told you already what I want. I gave you my conditions and you didn't listen to me. I want someone who cares about me. You care more about power. I told you what would happen if you hurt those kids but you did it anyway. Clearly, you don't care about me as much as you say you do."

"I don't care about you?" He slams a fist against the spot next to my head, his muscles rippling with a fiery tension. "I've been doing this for you! For you and that child!" My eyes narrow. "Our child," He corrects, his tone softening. "I'm giving her a stable world to grow up in in which she'll be adored. I'm giving you power."

"I don't need power!"

I have more than enough power. Power has never been on my mind. It doesn't make my list of priorities. The sooner he understands that, the better.

He does understand. Just not the right thing. "You evil little vixen." He backs me into the wall. "If you think you'll distract me from what I came here to do, then you'll be disappointed. Whilst our make up is long overdue, it's going to have to wait."

Not good enough.

I grab his hand, hoping to distract him further. I don't know how long this is going to take. How long we'll all be trapped in this cemetery. Distracting him is the best chance that we've got.

"Don't kill her. Please, I'm begging you," His gaze softens ever so slightly. "Do the right thing. You ignored me the first time I asked for something. I never ask for anything. Just don't make the same mistake again." I fist his shirt, using it to stop him from running away. "I'm begging you. I'll do whatever you want. I'll behave. Please, just please."

"Move out of my-"

"Look me in the eye and say that you'll do it," I command. "If you're going to kill her, you're going to tell me now. Look me in the eyes and say that you'll kill your sister." He steals in a deep breath, his eyes glazing over. "If you hurt her, I'm leaving for good. There'll be no Ross and Rachel-ing. I'll leave New Orleans." He almost looks like he's about to cry. Am I pushing too far? No. He needs to hear this. He needs to know he can't get away with screwing people over without getting a taste of his own medicine. "I'll have a witch cover for me. You'll never see me or your child. Ever. Look me in the eyes and say that's what you want."

He says nothing. Instead, he grabs my arm and vamp-speeds through the cemetery, stopping upon finding Elijah and Rebekah. Well... I tried.

He releases me. To my relief, he doesn't instantly storm his way over to Rebekah. Instead, he perches upon a tomb, taking up the position of a judge. I raise an eyebrow but decide not to argue. This is better than what I was hoping for.

"Let it begin," He demands theatrically. "The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson."

"What a relief," She mutters to the good brother. "His ego is in check."

"Just speak your truth. I'll make certain he behaves himself."

"You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?"

"I plead you to shut up and listen."

With Klaus and Rebekah distracted, I slip a weapon into Elijah's hand. He glances down from it, eyes widening in disbelief. In one hand, I push Papa Tunde's blade. Into the other, I place the white oak stake. It seems it's quite easy to rob from Klaus when he's distracted. The lack of distance between the both of us made it easy enough. All I had to do was slip a hand into his pocket. In and out twice did the trick.

"Oh, so that's your defence? You called Mikael-- the Destroyer, the Hunter of Vampires-- because I detained you from pursuing some dull suitors." He really is so dramatic. Maybe I'm lucky that he might not love me back. I'm not sure that I'd be able to put up with him for an entire lifetime. He's loud, insensitive and unbearable.

"You were cruel, and controlling, and manipulative." I agree with Rebekah entirely.

"I was trying to protect you! From imbeciles, and leeches. Not to mention your own poor judgment."

"And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend? Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?"

They bicker like this for a while. Back and forth, back and forth until eventually Elijah interrupts. He send Rebekah away again when Klaus' anger gets a bit much. We're walking on a tight rope here. Goading Klaus is like walking on thin ice. It's sink or swim.

I follow after Rebekah, wishing Elijah the best of luck.

Naturally, it doesn't go very well. Elijah ends up having the blade I gave him in his heart. When Klaus catches up to us once again, he stabs his sister in the chest with the white oak stake. When her body tumbles to the ground, my heart prickles with pain and disbelief until I watch him pull it away. My heart slows, calming. He went too far to the side. He didn't kill her.

My lips part. He steps closer towards me.

"Whatever you want Lillian," He says, staggering his way towards me. I don't move, making no effort to speak. I don't know what I'd say anyway. Words can't begin to describe how I'm feeling. "We'll rebuild on your terms. But I can't wait forever. Rebekah can leave. She can have the life she always wanted." His hand caresses my cheek again like earlier. This time, there's no bitterness to it. It's tender and gentle and warm. "You will stay here. You and my child. I'll do right by you." At my ear, he whispers. "I love you." And then he's gone.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

959K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
50.2K 1.4K 33
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖾𝗏𝖾...
874K 37.4K 87
―book one in the folklore series she could never be a saint. but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick. ―the vampire diaries
5.3K 153 10
With everyone believing that Elena had died, she had a choice to make... to run or to stay.