Farewell To Storyville

When Elijah went to track down Klaus, I headed straight for the cemetery, aware that Rebekah would be there. Honestly, I'd much rather be hunting down the witch I need to kill right now. Alas, I'm burdened by other responsibilities.

"What are you doing here Rebekah?" Her terrified eyes snap up to meet my own, her hair a mess all around her. I suppose this is new. Being hunted by her brother. This time, he's not here to put her in a nap. He's here to end her.

A small smile of relief crosses her face at the sight of me.

"I could ask you the same thing."

I shake my head. The circumstances are different. Klaus and I are on a timeout. Last I checked, he doesn't want me dead. Rebekah on the other hand... "You should be on the other side of the world right now," I lecture. "You know how impulsive he gets. He'll kill you if he gets near you."

"You think I don't know that?"

Klaus has a problem. He hurts the people around him as much as he pleases and never thinks he deserves to be punished for it. It's quite hypocritical, really, given that the same is not extended to others. People aren't allowed to hurt Klaus and get away with it. That's just how it is.

"What were you thinking? You bought Mikael to New Orleans."

Even if she was desperate, surely there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. For example, essentially signing her own brother's death sentence. I wonder if there's ever been a peaceful day in the life of a Mikaelson. I'm seriously beginning to doubt it.

"You don't understand," She persists. "I had to. There were no other options. I had to. You know how he gets. He doesn't let me love."

I know that. I know how he gets. But why can't they just sit down and speak about their problems like adults rather than trying to kill each other? It'd make life so much easier.

Right now, I could be at home pigging out and blaming it on my cravings. Instead, I'm in some desolate cemetery having to save my vampire friend's life. It's getting ridiculous.

"We're going to have to deal with this," I state.

"How?"

"I don't know! You come with me. I can protect you with my magic. Elijah will handle Klaus."

"Rebekah!" Or maybe not. His voice echoes through the tombs, bouncing against walls until it reaches its intended. We both still, despite my name not being called.

"Walk away," Elijah growls at his brother. His words have little impact.

"Don't move," Klaus threatens.

Elijah ignores his brother, throwing Rebekah a look of warning. "Leave us now."

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake."

And suddenly, our problems are much worse. Of course he has a white oak stake. Why wouldn't he? It's a typical Klaus move. Pretend to have rid of something and keep it for your own benefit. Schedule the eye roll for later. I give Rebekah's arm a harsh push. Her face contorts with pain before she nods, disappearing. Honestly, I can't be doing with this. I was supposed to get time to stew before I had to face Klaus again. This is nature yet again telling me all about how much she hates me. Really, I think it's high time nature cuts me some slack.

"I'm asking you, brother to brother-- we end this nonsense now."

"You would side with the traitor," Klaus spits the words out with venom.

"I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt our sister."

"We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah. How long do you think you can defend her?" When he attempts to vamp speed away, I throw him back into a wall with my mind. Crumpling to the floor, he glares up at me. "What a surprise, my pretty little Lillian's here to save the day too. You hate me now. I suppose you're officially a Mikaelson."