Hiding my heart behind my soc...

By sao099

Willow Pekoe was the girl who had it all! Perfect boyfriend, amazing family, soccer and a best friend who was... More

How it all started
A fresh start
Fears and Friends
One down, one to go
Is to was
Buddies
Questions
Unexpected
Words
New developements
Jumped
Decisions decisions.
Swept
Stumbling
Ranch
Training
Breakfast

Change of hearts

3.6K 73 19
By sao099

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but heres my next chapter! I spent ages on this one, so i hope you enjoy! Kepp commenting so I know it's worth it, and please share my story with your friends! I want as many people to read it!

Sao xxx

(Willow’s POV)

It has been eight days since the incident.

Eight days where I have acted as if nothing has happened.

Eight days with which, I have watched Veronica through herself at Tai.

Eight days where I haven’t seen Tai smile once.

I'm sitting in my dorm room, looking out of the window whilst drinking green tea. I look at all of the carefree students walking by, looking like miniature ants from where I'm standing.

They busy themselves; cuddling each other, squealing, smiling.

I see Veronica and Tai hug, whilst they are surrounded with their usually gang.

He smiles.

I turn away from the now distasteful view.

Bella appears next to me.

“Hey there ya’ll, what’s up”?

She trying to cheer me up, god bless her little heart; except it’s a waste of time. The only one who can cheer me up is Tai, and we all know that’s never going to happen.

“Not a lot Bell. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping. I need some new running shorts ASAP; otherwise my pink ones will fall off of me in a matter of seconds”.

I laugh. She laughs. We all know I'm not exactly fully into the laugh, but at least I'm trying.

We grab our keys and wallets, and walk out of our dorm.

As were walking to the parking lot, I hear someone calling my name.

“Willow!”

I turn and see Jet running towards us.

I stop and muster up as much of a smile as possible.

“Hey Jet, what’s up? Have you met my friend Bella?”

“No I don’t think I have, but I’m sure I’d love to.”

With this he winks at Bell and she gives him a girly giggle in reply.

“Bella, Tai. Tai, Bella.”

“Thank you Will, for giving us an introduction, though that's not what I wanted to talk about. We are having a team party tomorrow night, and of course you’re invited. I just wanted to remind you is all.”

“Oh damn I completely forgot about that. Yeah sure I’ll come, but only if Bella can come.”

“Of course she can, it will give us some time to actually get to know each other.” With this, he winks at Bell again, and of course receives another giggle.

“Okay well, we’ve gotta run. The shopping mall is calling, Bye.” With this, I turn away and link arms with Bella.

After she waved for about an hour to Jet, we finally walked off to get to the beetle.

Buggle, as Bella loved to call her, was a sky blue beetle, of which she had gotten for her 16th birthday.

As we started getting into Buggle, the first sense of joy hit me for the first time since the camp.

I was about to get away from all the hassles that school now holds. I was about to break free from the world of ‘Tai’, and stretch my wings.

The drive to the local mall was quick. Along the way Bella explained all the pros and cons of waxing; I never even knew what wax could do to you.

I don’t think I wanted to know.

As I stepped into the mall, the smell of new shoes and coffee brought me to my heaven. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a very girly girl, but I do have a weakness for my shoes and coffee.

Bella and I went into every shop that was worth looking at; Forever 21, American eagle, Delias etc.

By the time we were almost finished, I had 8 shopping bags, and Bella had 11. She could out shop anyone, and not even notice the money she had spent. 

After all that shopping, Bella and I were parched. We decided to go to our favourite little coffee shop.

On the way, we passed the jewellery shop. My eyes immediately noticed the ring that I've been admiring for weeks. I walk over to the display window, staring at the ring. Its thin silver band that held a beautiful diamond in which was encased in the middle. Looking at the price, I just sighed. I could never afford it, even if I worked for years.

Just as I thought that, I got a shiver up my spin; as if someone was stepping on my grave. I turn around, away from the ring, and look around. It felt as though I was being watched.

“Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost.” Bella asked me in a worried voice. Her perfect skin had moved to form worry lines between her eyes.

“Yeah, I just feel like someone’s watching me. And stop looking so worried, you'll get permanent wrinkles otherwise.”  I laughed at her facial expression after what I had said. She had moved her fingers to her forehead to try and smooth out the wrinkles.

“Oh no! I haven’t got any have I? Mum would kill me if I got wrinkles and I wasn’t even 20!”

With this, I laugh and link our arms together. I walk her over to the coffee shop, all the while she was still playing with the skin of where her frown lines had once been.

We ordered our usual and took our favourite seats; right next to the view of the lake. It was just starting to get darker, so the sun was setting over the lake, leaving oranges and pinks that could never be found anywhere else.

As I turn my head my head to Bella, I see someone out of the corner of my eye.

Tai.

And he’s sitting with a girl, which is a surprise since she’s not even Veronica.

She is the complete opposite of Veronica. While Veronica is all dark with Jet black hair, opal skin and deep green eyes; Tai’s girl is blonde, tan and has blue eyes. Veronica is a dark beauty and this new girl is Barbie reincarnate.

So he can have the best of both worlds?

I don’t think so!

I can’t help it, a bubble of laughed makes the way to my mouth. I'm sitting there laughing uncontrollably.

Bella is looking at me as if I am insane, Tai is making his way over to obviously beg that I don’t tell Veronica, and the mysterious girl is sitting there with just a small, secretive smile on her face.

Before Tai could reach us, I stood up with all of my bags and fresh coffee, and walked out.

I didn’t stop when he called out to me; Bella was already by my side, despite wearing six inch heels. We walked (or hobbled in Bella’s case) to Buggle, got in, and headed home without a word.

With the drive ahead, I allowed myself to think about him.

He cheated on Veronica for me; He is cheating on Veronica for the blonde Barbie.

I guess I was never but a pawn to him; another girl that would follow his every whim.

He was wrong.

 I don’t follow anyone, I make my own rules.

Since the incident, I hadn’t let anyone in, bedies for him.

I guess that shows what happens when you allow something so tainted into your already broken heart.

It only shatters on the floor harder the next time you fall.

The pieces are merely specs now.

And that’s how they will stay forever.

Buggle has returned us home.

I step out of the beast, and carry all of my new belongings to my room.

Before I can even make it into my abode, I have a never ending presence standing in my way.

“Hello, I don’t think I got to formally introduce myself, I'm Kirstin, Tai’s twin sister.”

My jaw practically hits the ground.

He wasn’t cheating on Veronica.

It’s just his twin sister.

“Hi.” This was all I managed to get out of my system after the shell shocker.

“I’m sorry to intrude, but you seem to have left in a rush, and Tai kind of explained his situation. You see, Veronica is Tai’s ex girlfriend, one he obviously does not like anymore. She just clings onto him, and whenever a girl goes anywhere near him, she makes people think that they are together. But there’s only one problem; he doesn’t want to be seen with her anymore.”

“How come? He seems to enjoy her company.” I ask

“Because he’s found someone else’s company more appealing to say the least.” She says with that secretive smile.

“Who?” Just as I ask this, there is a cough behind me, I turn around and there he is in all his glory.

Tai.

“Thank you sis, I think you can stop talking now, if that's even possible for you.” He says this with a smile, but I can see that he is dead serious.

“I guess you can take over from here now cant you.” I didn’t know what she was talking about, but as she patted Tai on the shoulder, I could tell she was sending her own sort of message, one that I did not understand.

“It was nice to finally meet you Willow, I’m sure I will be seeing you sooner rather than later.” With that, she turned on her heels, and walked away, only leaving us with her flowery perfume and a chuckle or two.

Tai turned back to me with a smile; a very tired smile.

“Is what your sister said true?” I had to ask it. If I didn’t my entire being would not be able to continue until I knew the answer.

“Yes. Veronica and I dated two years ago, and have been good friends ever since. When a girl was pursuing me, Veronica and I would act as if we were going out, so then the other girl would get the message. For me it was all acting, but for Veronica is was if she thought it was our ‘type’ of relationship. When you stepped off the bus, she must have thought you were just another follower, until I ran after you.” When he started to say this, he looked sick, like what he was about to say made him feel absolutely vile.

“When I tried to run after you, she thought it was all an act. I came home to find her on my bed. I explained to her that she and I were over. She didn’t take it well. She thought I was just lying, like some sort of role play.” He was running his hands through his lush hair now; a sign that he was stressed out to the max.

“Why did I see you hugging her then?” The question rolled off of my tongue before I could even stop it.

He flinched; almost as if Id slapped him multiple times.

I couldn’t stop. The words keep coming out me almost like a disease.

“I saw you smile when she hugged you back. It was the first time I had seen you smile since we arrived back. ” I whispered because it was so hard for my heart to admit, that yes, it hurt to see him smile while with another girl.

But he’d be damned if he thought I would ever admit that to him.

He laughed.

“Will, I was smiling because if I didn’t, our friends would be wondering what was up, and I didn’t want to embarrass her in front of our friends. Willow, she is only a friend to me, nothing more.”

As he said this, he wrapped his arms around me; I had missed the feel of them.

“Oh, I thought maybe you still liked her or something.”

“Never, how could I like someone else when...”

“Willow?”

“Bella, wow I didn’t see you there! What’s up?”

“I was just wondering if you were okay.” I could tell what she was doing; she was giving me a reason to escape I if needed one. She truly is a great friend.

“I'm absolutely fine; I’ll see you in there in a moment.”

“Okay, just yell if you need me.” She gives me a wink and we both laugh; Guess that line could mean a lot in more ways than one.

She turns away but doesn’t go into our apartment, but into our neighbours.

“Look Willow,” He turns me back around to face him, a look of determination on his face.

“I just want to let you know that there’s only...”

A group of noisy, drunk idiots make its way down the hall. Just our luck.

“Argh!” Tai was now starting to get frustrated for some unknown reason.

“DO YOU WANT TO GO INTO MY DORM AND TALK?” I yell to be heard over the squeals of drunken girls, and the roars of teenage boys.

Instead of giving me an answer he just grabs my hand and pulls me quickly to my front door.

I fumble with getting the right key; the hand that he had been holding in now numb, yet feels so alive. That’s weird.

I finally get the key and we walk inside. I close the door and turn to face Tai.

Though when I turn around, we seem closer than usual.

“I keep missing opportunities to tell you how I feel,” He steps even closer and leans into my ear.

“So I guess I’ll just have to show you.”

His hands are now caressing my face; it is no longer near my ear, but straight in front of me.

His face is coming closer and closer, though he is doing it so slowly, as if to give me time, if I wanted to back away.

I didn’t though.

I wanted those lips on mine; almost as though I hadn’t drunk for years, and he was my savour.

They were coming closer now.

I could see the tiny gold flecks in his eyes from here. They made his eye entirely different when you looked up close.

His lips were now brushing mine, giving me time to escape, but I didn’t want to.

I ran my hands through his hair and stood up on my tippy toes.

I moved the space needed for our lips to touch.

He kissed me back as though he needed me more then I needed him, which I don’t think is barely possible.

His smooth lips moved with mine in sync. Our lips were dancing.

Our tongues were moving together now, as if pushing the ball back between each other.

I never thought I’d say this, but there were fireworks, and they were beautiful. I jumped.

He caught me.

My legs wrapped around his waist, needing to be closer.

A low growl came from him. It was fantastic!

We started to close every little gap possible.

There was no space between our bodies.

We were one.

Suddenly the door opened, leaving Tai to lose his balance, and drop both of us on the ground.

“Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Do you want me to leave? Because I totally can!” Bella’s apologetic voice comes from above, into the room, changing the mood entirely.

“Oh hey Bella,” Trying to be all cool, I tried to brush it off as nothing since I didn’t want her to think what we were doing was actually massive, and fantastic, and wonderful, and I really really wish I could still be in his strong arms. “Nothing’s going on; I was just showing what type of ceiling we had in our apartment, now I'm showing him our carpet. HAHAHAHAHA, how funny! Nothing’s going on, plus he was just about to leave weren’t you Tai?” Before he could even answer, I continued my nervous rant.

“Yes, well good bye Tai, I’ll see you at training tomorrow, bye!”

I pushed him out of the door and closed it.

I let him leave!

Why does this always happen to me?

“Um... Wills. Why did you just push him out of the door? I already know what was happening; I saw it with my own eyes.” She looked utterly confused, yet I didn’t have an answer for her.

I had freaked out?

I don’t know what to do?

I was worried that he would deny what we were doing so I let him leave before he could say anything hurtful?

They all seem like good answers because they were all true.

“I guess I kind of freaked out. Oh no! What if he never talks to me again?”

“Oh, he’ll talk to you, you should have seen his eyes, they were about to jump you, even when you were out in the hallway!”

“Yeah, but I might have just scared him away, boys are like that!”

“Honey, there is no possible way in the universe, that that boy will be scared of you after that kiss!”

I guess she had a point.

“Look, how about you tease him for a while. Don't talk to him, don’t look at him. If he chases you after five days, he wants you.”

“Okay, but you have to help. I don’t think I’ll even make one day after a kiss like that!”

“Okay deal.”

We shock our hands on it.

I would not speak to Tai for five days, even if it killed me.

So what do you think will happen next?

Lots of love,

Sao xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...