Blessed Beauty

By Roll286

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In her eyes, beauty is not a blessing - it's a curse. Peo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 13

4.2K 322 70
By Roll286

From: Weirdo

Subject: Good Morning!

Text: Good morning, Hitomi-chan! I hope you slept well last night! I was right! I did dream about you! I don't remember what it was about, but you're beautiful even in my dreams!! You're definitely still the most beautiful when I get to see you in person though!

.

.

.

From: Weirdo

Subject: I Forgot!

Text: I forgot to say that I hope you get to school safely, Hitomi-chan! If I were with you, I would walk you all the way to school like your own personal Guardian Deity!!!

.

.

.

From: Weirdo

Subject: I Forgot Again!

Text: I also forgot to say that I hope you have a nice day, Hitomi-chan! I miss you already and I can't wait to see you again!!!

.

.

.

Hitomi woke up to a flurry of text messages from one Nishinoya "Weirdo" Yuu. She agitatedly opened her eyes, the sunlight streaming through her curtains slightly blinding her. Her hand darted out from underneath the covers, slamming over her phone on the nightstand.

She unlocked it, sitting up while rubbing at her eyes because of the brightness of the screen. She scrolled through each message, rolling her eyes and shaking her head with a small smile.

His texts were just as cheerful and hyperactive as he was. It was like he was so excited about finally having a way to contact her that he would push the send button prematurely before actually having finished putting down all of his thoughts. He really was just like a little kid.

Hitomi locked her phone without replying. She sat in bed for a moment, gathering her thoughts. She had a feeling that she was going to receive a lot more messages like these, and she was beginning to wonder if she would regret this decision.

It turns out, her hunch was absolutely correct. Throughout the week, she received messages from him constantly. Without fail, he would send her good morning and goodnight texts every day. He'd send her inconsequential things during the breaks between class periods and during his lunch break. Sometimes he would send her some more interesting things like pictures of his practice.

Hitomi largely ignored them. Mostly because she didn't want to get his hopes up too much about her responses, but also because there really wasn't that much for her to say. What was she to write? It seemed a little pointless to reply, 'Good morning' and 'Good night' to every single one of those texts. The most she ever responded was when he would send her pictures of what he was having for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and she would send a picture of what she was eating back.

Despite her lack of responses, she did read all of his texts. Even the short, unnecessary ones. Something that her servants had taken note of.

It was rather obvious, as Hitomi never really used her phone that much before. It was common knowledge that she chose not to make friends. The only contacts in her phone were establishment numbers, business related, or the family servants. As such, she rarely ever used her phone. At most, she would use it to play games. Even then, she would do that in the confines of her own room.

Now, she was actively looking at her phone during her meals and while walking through the house. She even had a small smile gracing her lips nearly every time.

The servants had caught wind of Hitomi's new friend, or rather 'acquaintance' from her bodyguards and Chiyo. They welcomed this change in her, just as they did when her disposition had become more calm and pleasant as of late. Chiyo, especially, was happy for the girl.

Unfortunately, this side of her didn't last for too long, as final exams were approaching. Hitomi checked her phone less and less, choosing to focus on studying. When her already low response rate dropped even further, Nishinoya had questioned if he had done anything wrong.

She had replied with a warning to him. If he failed his exams because he was constantly texting her instead of studying, then he would have to attend remedial lessons and makeup exams, thus missing out on his summer training camp.

The boy promptly started texting her less in favor of studying, albeit begrudgingly. He still always remembered to send good morning and goodnight messages though.

At the end of the week, the final exam period concluded and Hitomi had achieved excellent scores as per usual. It'd be an absolute disgrace if she went to prep school, did all that studying, and still didn't do well on the exams. Fortunately, her hard work showed in her results.

Once again, she was the last one left in the classroom at the end of the day, never in any rush to go anywhere like her peers. She was looking over her exam papers, reviewing the particularly difficult questions despite having gotten them correct and despite the tests being over. Her diligence is what kept her grades up after all.

As she packed up her things, she saw her phone screen flashing inside of her bag. Taking it out, she saw a number of messages from a certain libero.

From: Weirdo

Subject: I Passed!!!

Text: Hitomi-chan! Look!! I passed all of my exams!! I even got a 45 on modern literature! My worst subject! I get to go to the training camp and it's all thanks to you!!

Attached to the message was a picture of his test papers laid out on a desk. On top of them all was his exam on modern literature, the large, red 45 written in the score box. Hitomi laughed at seeing all of the red markings on every single one of his papers as she messaged him back.

To: Weirdo

Subject RE: I Passed!!!

Text: You still only got just barely above the passing grade. I'd really rather not take credit for that.

She had only tutored him once, and only for that brief period of time in front of the convenience store. Even if she had properly taught him, she still wouldn't have wanted to take credit for such a poor score on a sixty-point exam. It would have shown her own failings as a teacher. Besides, he really shouldn't be so proud of a barely passing grade.

Hitomi started walking back home as she received another message.

From: Weirdo

Subject RE:RE: I Passed!!!

Text: ...Suga-san said the same thing...BUT it's true that I have to thank you! There were a lot of reading comprehension questions this time and your tricks really did come in handy. So thank you, Hitomi-chan!!

The girl sighed, a small smile following after it. She locked her phone and put it back in her bag without responding. When she returned home, she was greeted by Chiyo. "Welcome home, Hitomi-sama. Congratulations on finishing final exams."

The girl nodded in acknowledgement at the older woman, handing her the test papers. Chiyo gracefully took them with a bow. "Exemplary marks as expected, Hitomi-sama." The woman complimented as she flipped through the pages. "Shall we have the cooks prepare something special for tonight in celebration?"

"Anything is fine. No need to make such a big deal out of it." Hitomi responded without looking back as she walked up the stairs.

Even so, a lavish dinner was prepared for her that night. After eating, she returned to her room to relax. She lay on her stomach on her bed, watching videos to pass the time. Without exams and without any new material to study, she had far more free time than she was used to.

Eventually, her phone buzzed. She was becoming accustomed to hearing it around this time for Nishinoya's goodnight texts.

From: Weirdo

Subject: Training Camp!

Text: I'm going on my summer training camp tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! But I'm also disappointed that I won't be able to see you for a while, Hitomi-chan!! I'll try to text and call everyday so you won't miss me!! Good night!!

Hitomi stared at the message, thinking about how her summer vacation would be spent being bothered by him every day. She promptly formulated her response.

To: Weirdo

Subject RE: Training Camp!

Text: Please don't.

It seemed as though he had fallen asleep right after since she never received a reply back until the morning in which he sent his standard morning text, seemingly disregarding her last message.

True to his words, Nishinoya did text her every day. It was mostly just the usual good morning and goodnight texts. There were rarely any other messages between. Probably because he was busy with the training camp.

Just as well, because Hitomi was immensely relieved that he wouldn't bother her as often as he let on. Then again, there was a strange bit of emptiness she felt that she couldn't quite pinpoint. Regardless, she much preferred peace and quiet.

One day, in the afternoon, her phone rang. The caller ID read: Weirdo.

It seems she spoke too soon.

She hesitantly picked it up. "Hello?"

"UUOOOOHH!!! HER VOICE IS SO PRETTY!!!" Hitomi heard faintly, yet clearly in the background. Who was that? She could hear several other boys shouting about as well. Was she on speaker?

"Hitomi-chaaaaaaan!!!" Nishinoya yelled out in joy, forcing Hitomi to move her phone slightly away from her ear. "I'm having lunch at the training camp with the others right now! I was talking about how beautiful you are and they wanted to meet you!" He continued shouting.

It was like he didn't understand how well the phone was picking up his voice. Assuming she was on speaker, he probably had the phone away from his mouth and thought that he had to speak louder because of it.

"Is that...really what you called me for...?" Hitomi asked incredulously. She should have expected much from him.

"Yeah!" He enthusiastically answered. "I told you! Even her voice is beautiful!" He said to one of his friends, but Hitomi could still hear him with how loud he was. Not like he was trying to keep that secret though.

Duu...Duu...Duu...

Nishinoya immediately turned back to his phone when he heard the disconnect tone playing. Hitomi had hung up on him. The other boys around held back their laughter, snorting and chuckling behind their hands.

The Karasuno libero was none the wiser, tilting his head in confusion as his eyebrows furrowed. "Huh...The call disconnected for some reason." He remarked innocently, causing a few others to struggle more in holding back their laughter. "I'll just text her instead! Guys! Let's take a picture for Hitomi-chan!!" He suggested, holding his phone out to take a selfie.

Tanaka and Taketora eagerly squeezed into the frame, trying to give off 'cool' vibes. Ennoshita reluctantly joined in while Kinoshita and Narita awkwardly smiled on the side. Fukunaga silently photo-bombed them from the back, holding up two fingers in a peace sign.

To: Hitomi-chan ♡♡♡

Subject: Picture!

Text: Meet some of my teammates and some of the other guys at the training camp! This is Ryu, Tora, Chikara, Kinoshita, Narita, and Fukunaga!! Send a picture of yourself so they can meet you too!!

Nishinoya attached the picture to the message and hit the send button. He set his phone back down onto the table, crossing his arms and smiling in satisfaction as he waited for it to buzz. Tanaka's and Taketora's eyes were glued to the phone as well, anxiously waiting to see this supposed beauty of his.

"Staring at it isn't going to make her reply faster..." Ennoshita reminded them.

After some time, his phone buzzed with a new text. They all crowded around, taking a peek at the screen as Nishinoya opened the message.

From: Hitomi-chan ♡♡♡

Subject RE: Picture!

Text: No.

Kinoshita and Narita tried so hard not to burst out laughing, covering their mouths with their hands. Unexpectedly, Nishinoya was the first to laugh, and quite boisterously too. "Haha!! I bet she's just shy meeting you guys!!" He exclaimed, completely serious. A sweat drop appeared on Ennoshita's temple. He was about to say something but shook his head instead, thinking better of it.

Back in Miyagi, Hitomi was looking at the picture he sent, chuckling at it and the message. He wrote all their names, but she had no idea who was who. She was doubtful that he was conscientious enough to write them down in any particular order.

Also, why was the guy with a shaved head and the guy with a mohawk making those faces? Were they trying to make funny faces? Nobody else in the picture was doing that though?

Hitomi stared at the picture for another moment, seeing how happy Nishinoya looked.

Save to Photos

The girl pressed the button, saving the photo onto her phone. She convinced herself that it was because she wanted to keep it for reference in order to know which boys to avoid in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 65 23
Y/n L/n is in her final year of college. She was doing well in her classes, had fun with her friends and was in a happy relationship with her boyfrie...
172K 5.7K 32
Compared to Kiyoko I am just a little kid who has an intimidating grandfather. I'm so plain compared to her. A girl with an average, forgettable look...
11K 460 15
❝ 𝐈 π“π‡πˆππŠ π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 π‘π„π€π‹π‹π˜ ππ‘π„π“π“π˜. π–πˆπ‹π‹ π˜πŽπ” π†πŽ πŽπ”π“ π–πˆπ“π‡ πŒπ„? ❞ βˆ˜β—¦ β™‘ ༉━━━ That was the first thing he's ever said...