Chapter 6

"I'm looking for Hitomi-chan! Does she go here?! Do you know her?! Do you know where I can find her!??"

Hitomi froze in her tracks. She had just left school and was on her way toward the gates when she saw a small crowd of people near them.

Hitomi really believed that Nishinoya Yuu wasn't the stalker type, but she was now beginning to doubt herself.

The small crowd of people near the gates of the school had their heads tilted slightly downwards to look at the person shouting. Hitomi hoped that it wasn't him, but she could clearly recognize that loud and energetic voice of his.

She was just beginning to regret showing any semblance of kindness to him when she realized something.

The last time he saw her, she was in her school uniform.

She had gone to the convenience store from her school, having read a couple books in the library before leaving. It was already late, so she had decided to just go to the convenience store without stopping by her house first.

At the time, she hadn't thought everything out clearly and didn't realize that Nishinoya might be able to recognize her uniform. Unfortunately for her, it seemed like the boy had no problems figuring out where she went to school.

Hitomi sighed in annoyance and pinched the bridge of her nose to help relieve a bit of her stress.

Well, at least there was still some hope that Nishinoya wasn't a complete stalker. His appearance was the result of her lack of foresight. So, if anybody was to blame, it would be her.

The girl gave a final sigh, attracting some stares. When a couple people from the crowd had turned around to see her, they had parted slightly so that she saw Nishinoya behind them.

The libero's eyes instantly lit up, and his smile shined brightly.

Hitomi had looked even more stunning than he remembered. Last time, he had only seen her in her uniform when it was dark outside. Seeing her in the day time now, it really enlightened him.

It seemed like Hitomi grew more beautiful each time he saw her, and he would cherish every blessed moment he got to witness her beauty.

"Hitomi-chaaaan!!!!!" He ran up to her with open arms, preparing to smother her with his love. When he reached her, he swung his arms inward for a hug but only managed to hug himself and the air since Hitomi sidestepped him.

Not fazed in the slightest, Nishinoya immediately recovered and turned back around. "Hitomi-chan!! I missed you!"

His bold statement caused everyone's eyes to widen. Even Hitomi was slightly flustered. The boy had always been very forward, but it was the first time he had ever said something like this. It drew the attention of the many students around them.

Hitomi glanced at her whispering classmates, choosing to ignore them. "What...are you doing here?" She asked him hesitantly, but needed to know the answer.

"To see you, of course!!" Nishinoya replied with no hesitation, the smile on his face somehow growing even larger.

The girl sighed as she heard the gossip around her beginning to be more apparent. "And what about volleyball practice?" She asked.

"We have a day off to rest our muscles right before the Inter-High! So, I decided to come see you! I'm glad that the person I asked about your uniform got the right school!" Nishinoya happily explained.

Suddenly, Hitomi realized another thing. She had left the school right after the dismissal bell rang. Unlike many students who frantically packed away their belongings to leave the school as fast as possible, she always took her sweet time to do so. After all, it wasn't like she was ever in a rush to be anywhere.