Together Hamesha (MaNan Versi...

Par IntricatelyExpressed

Nandini : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Manik. You and I, it's over Manik. It's over. Two souls, Mani... Plus

Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
For my Readers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 18

1K 48 0
Par IntricatelyExpressed

In Nandini's Room 

Nandini had changed into comfortable clothes and was sitting on the bed surrounded by Alya and Mukti. Cabir and Aryamann were standing near the window and Dhruv was seated on a chair in the room. Navya came with a bowl of khichdi for Nandini. Although Nandini had put on a smile, everyone knew that it was fake. Suddenly, Nandini sensed her heart sink and shrieked, "MANIKKKK." Everyone became alert at her nerve-racking cry. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. 

Mukti : Kya hua hai Nandini? 

She didn't listen to what Mukti asked. Her mind was filled with all types of terrifying thoughts. And all those thoughts were related to the one person she loved more than life itself. Manik. She took his name again, but this time, her voice was a mere whisper. More tears rolled down her cheeks. Alya shook her by her shoulders and asked,

Alya : Manik kya Nandini? What are you trying to say? 

Nandini : (in between her sobs) Ma.. Manik ko.. Manik ko kuch… He's not.. ok.. okay. Usse.. usse kuch hogaya hai. 

She dissolved into tears. 

Mukti : Nandini, aisa kuch nahi hua hoga. Manik thik hoga. I think you're just stressed isliye tumhe aise thoughts trouble kar rahe hai. 

Nandini looked at Mukti in disbelief.

Nandini : NOOO! MEI KEH RAHI HU NA. Manik..Manik thik nahi hai. Something is wrong. I.. I can feel it. Manik ko kuch hua hai. He's not okay. I.. I have to go. I have to go and look for him. 

Nandini was frantic. She could feel that something had gone terribly wrong with Manik. All she wanted was one glimpse of him so that she could make sure that he was fine. If anything happened to Manik, she would never be able to forgive herself. After all, it was because of her that he had left in the first place. Or that is what she thought. She got up from the bed and moved towards the door. 

"Ruko Nandini."

"Nandini stop."

"Wait."

"Nandiniii."

They all tried to stop her but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

Somewhere in the middle of a deserted road

The light that blinded Manik came from the headlight of a bike. The person on the bike swerved as well to avoid being hit and luckily, he was able to control this sudden movement and did not hit the ground. As for Manik, his car had bumped into a nearby tree. The hood of the car had opened and light smoke surrounded the car. The person parked his bike at the side of the road and rushed to look at Manik. He opened the driver's side door. Manik's head was on the air bag that had fired out due to the sudden situation of an accident. The person held Manik's arm and moved him so that his back was resting against the seat and the person could get a clearer view of Manik's injuries, if he had any. As soon as the person saw who was behind the wheel, he was dumbstruck.

Person : Manik? Shit!

In the hall

Everyone followed Nandini down the stairs. She was just about to leave the farmhouse when Cabir called her from behind.

Cabir : Ruko Nandini. We'll call Manik. Pata chal jaayega ki woh thik hai ya nahi. Wait, I'll call him.

She turned to face him. Cabir fished his phone out of his pocket and dialled Manik's number. But to his dismay, Manik's phone wasn't reachable. Everyone looked at him with anticipated eyes. He tried again. But no response. That was it for Nandini. She turned around to leave. They knew it wasn't advisable for her to go out at this hour and in this condition but none of them could figure out a way to stop her. That is when an idea struck Mukti. She put her phone to her ear.

Mukti : Hello Manik. 

Nandini's steps came to a halt when she heard the word, 'Manik.' Mukti saw Nandini stop abruptly and took that as a cue to continue further. 

Mukti : Manik, kaha hai tu?

*Silence*

Mukti : Lekin Manik.. Hello? Hello Manik? Hello? 

Nandini turned around and looked at Mukti expectantly. Dhruv asked Nandini's question.

Dhruv : Kya bola Manik ne? Aur woh thik hai na?

Mukti : Usne kaha ki usse akele rehna hai aur phone cut kar dia. Woh thik hi sound kar raha tha. 

A lone tear trickled down Nandini's eye in relief. A small smile spread across her face. It felt like she could finally breathe. Mukti moved towards Nandini and held her by her shoulders. 

Mukti : Dekha. Maine kaha tha na Manik thik hoga. He's fine, Nandini. Tum unnecessarily tension le rahi thi. 

Nandini nodded her head and hugged Mukti. Cabir speculated foul play but kept mum. Nandini had abandoned her plan of going out in search of Manik and that was a huge relief for them, for the time being. Once they broke apart,

Mukti : Ab chalo, khana kha lo. Fir medicines lekar, go to sleep. You need to rest. It's been a tiring day for all of us. Come on.

They went back to the room. 

Somewhere in the middle of a deserted road

With great difficulty, the person managed to bring an unconscious Manik outside the car and made him sit with his back resting against a tree. Manik didn't have a lot of overt injuries due to the airbags that had been installed in his car. There was a cut on his forehead with blood oozing out. A few scratches on the part of his hands below the elbow were visible due to his rolled up sleeves. Any internal injuries could only be detected once Manik gained consciousness. The person removed a handkerchief from his pocket and tied it around Manik's forehead. He also removed a bottle of water from the backpack he was carrying and sprinkled some water on Manik's face. As the water droplets came in touch with Manik's face, his eyelids moved a little. He tried to open his eyes only to shut them back due to the throbbing pain in his head from the injury. He held his head in both his hands and tried to shake off the pain. When the pain subsided a little, he tried to open his eyes again. He looked here and there to take in his surroundings. He saw his damaged car to the left. But his eyes popped out of their sockets when he saw the person kneeling in front of him.  

Person : Tum thik ho? Here, have some water. 

The person forwarded the water bottle towards Manik. Manik stared at the person, aghast. He was too shocked to react. He couldn't believe his eyes. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. The person furrowed his eyebrows at Manik's actions. When Manik opened his eyes, the person was still kneeling in front of him with his hand held out, offering water to Manik. Manik realized that he wasn't being delusional.

Manik : Tum? How did you..? I mean.. how?

Manik couldn't form a coherent question. He was too stunned to speak. And the pain in his head was making it all worse. 

Person : Manik, I'll answer all your questions. But please pehle pani pi lo. You'll feel better. 

Manik took the bottle of water and gulped down half of its contents. He put the bottle on the side. The person sat on the ground with his legs folded. 

Person : Feel better? 

Manik just bobbed his head. 

In Nandini's room

After taking her medicines, Mukti tucked Nandini in bed and asked her to take rest. 

Nandini : Par Manik?

They had tried to put her negative thoughts at rest but there still lay a weird feeling, in some corner of her heart, about Manik's safety. 

Mukti : Jab Manik aa jaayega, we'll wake you up. Until then, you go to sleep. Okay?  

Mukti assured her with a smile. 

Nandini : Promise?

Mukti : I promise. 

Nandini nodded and shut her eyes. They all stayed in Nandini's room until she fell asleep and then moved towards the hall. 

In the hall 

They all were seated on the couch. 

Cabir : Mukti, Manik ne sach mei tera phone uthaya tha? 

Mukti : Nahi. Maine jhooth bola tha.

Everyone gaped at Mukti except Cabir. He had expected this. Because when he had tried to call Manik the second time, his phone was switched off. 

Alya : Why would you do that Mukti?

Mukti : Toh mei aur kya karti Alya? Nandini ko jaane deti? You saw the way she behaved. Aur iss haalat mei, itna tension uske liye acha nahi hai. I had to stop her somehow. We already have no clue where Manik is. Whether he's okay or not. We couldn't be unsure of Nandini's whereabouts too.

Mukti shut her eyes in enervation. To say she was tired would be an understatement. A lot had transpired in the last few hours. They had wanted to spend the evening happily but it had all turned out to be the opposite. And now, her best friend is missing and Nandini thinks that something has happened to him. She didn't want to believe it but she was also aware of the fact that if Nandini said something is wrong with Manik, then something is definitely wrong with him. A tear escaped her eye. She didn't want to break down but it was becoming difficult for her to hold herself together. Right now, all she wanted was to be in the arms of one person and cry her heart out. But she also knew that no matter what, she may never be able to do that ever again. Or maybe she will be able to? The others could clearly see Mukti's plight. They all stood up from their places and hugged Mukti together. 

Cabir : Don't worry Mukti, Manik thik hoga. Aur hum Manik ya Nandini, kisiko bhi kuch nahi hone denge. 

Others : Yess! 

Mukti smiled a little and they all stayed there for a while. 

Somewhere in the middle of a deserted road

Manik stared at the person for a while. 

Person : Aise kya dekh rahe ho Manik? Mei koi bhoot nahi hu. Mein sach mei Abhimanyu hi hu. 

Manik smiled a little at that. 

Manik : It's not that. I know tum real ho. It's just.. Tum yaha kaise? I mean we all thought that you were..

Abhimanyu cut him off.

Abhimanyu : Dead? 

Manik averted his eyes. Abhimanyu smiled.

Abhimanyu : Well, if you ask me, I thought the same too. I had lost all hopes of being alive. All the doctors had given up on the chances of my survival. But, one fine day, I started responding to the medicines and treatment. I showed improvement. It was like a miracle. My doctors were shocked too. They said that maybe, I have a will to live. Something to look forward to in life. Someone I wanted to live for. I think Mukti was my reason to live. Uski wajah se shayad aaj mei yaha tumhare saamne hu. Mujhe uske liye, humare pyaar ke liye jeena tha. Mei isliye waapis aa raha tha. Mei ek baar Mukti se sorry bolna chahta hu. Usse ek second chance maangna chahta hu. I'll do anything for that chance. Agar usne mujhe fir se apni life mei accept kar liya toh I'll do everything in my power to keep her happy. Usse firse kabhi chodkar nai jaaunga. Lekin tum yaha highway par kya kar rahe the Manik? 

While listening to Abhimanyu, Manik had a constant smile on his face. Finally, Mukti would get what she longed for. Abhimanyu was alive and healthy, in front of him. If Mukti gets to know this, she will be ecstatic. She will finally be able to spend each waking minute with the love of her life. Just the way he could spend it with Nandini. At the thought of Nandini, all the events that took place a few hours ago flashed in front of his eyes. Tears threatened to escape his eyes but he controlled them in front of Abhimanyu. He ignored Abhimanyu's question.

Manik : You have no idea of how happy Mukti is going to be once she sees you. Aur mei Mukti ko jaanta hu. Woh itni khush hogi ki woh bhul jaayegi tumne kya kia tha. You won't even have to ask for her forgiveness. Usse bahut hurt hua tha jab tum usse chodkar chale gaye the lekin usne woh hurt kisiko nai dikhaya. But now I know what she was going through. Aur agar woh upset bhi hogi toh I'm sure tum usse mana loge. She'll forgive you, Abhimanyu. Woh pyaar karti hai tumse. Thoda difficult ho sakta hai lekin impossible nai hoga. I hope at least tumhe toh tumhara pyaar mil jaaye. All the best. Ab jaao. Don't make her wait any longer. 

Manik patted his shoulder and got up from there. He started walking away but Abhimanyu stopped him.

Abhimanyu : Aur tum? Tum kaha jaa rahe ho? Tum bhi chalo mere saath. Wait a minute, what do you mean by you know what she was going through? Aur 'at least tumhe tumhara pyaar mil jaaye,' isse kya matlab hai tumhara Manik? Tumhare aur Nandini ke beech kahi..?

He couldn't complete the question. He didn't want to think that something had gone downhill between Manik and Nandini. They were the symbol of true and unconditional love. He adored them. He believed that he might have a chance with Mukti because of what Manik and Nandini have between them after all that they've gone through. Manik turned around.

Manik : Abhimanyu, go. You'll get to know everything once you meet Mukti and the others. Now go. Don't waste your time on me. 

Abhimanyu : No, Manik. I won't go without you. Tell me. Kya hua hai? 

Manik turned around to face him and shouted.

Manik : Tum kyu janna chahte ho? Just leave me alone and go.  

Abhimanyu flinched at his voice but he stood his ground.

Abhimanyu : No Manik. I'm not going to leave you here all by yourself. I know something is hurting you terribly. Tum jo aasu chupana chahte ho woh tumhari aakhon mei dikh rahe hai Manik. 

Manik couldn't control anymore. Tears freely started flowing down his cheeks. His shoulders slumped and his entire posture looked exhausted. Abhimanyu went towards him and stood in front of him. He put a hand on Manik's shoulder to provide Manik the comfort he needed. Abhimanyu let Manik cry and waited until he had calmed down. Once calm, Manik narrated the entire break up scenario to Abhimanyu. He told him about Nandini's brain tumor. On hearing Manik, Abhimanyu was startled, to say the least. But he was sure of one thing : the amount of love Manik and Nandini had for each other. He was also aware of the amount of hurt a lover goes through when something like this happens. He had experienced it. He didn't want Manik and Nandini to go through the same because he knew how upsetting it could be.

Abhimanyu : Manik, you are making the same mistake that I made months ago. Trust me, you don't want to put Nandini or yourself through that pain. It will not only break your heart into a million pieces but it will break Nandini's too. Manik mei jaanta hu ki kaisa feel hota hai jab ek deadly bimaari ki wajah se apne pyaar se dur hona padta hai. I've been through that pain, Manik. And trust me, it's not something I would ever want to feel again. In fact, I wouldn't even want my enemies to go through that pain. It breaks you completely, Manik. Tum jaante ho maine Mukti ko bina uske saamne aaye kyu chod dia tha? Because mei jaanta tha ki agar mei uss se face to face baat karunga toh woh mujhe rok legi. Woh zidd karti aur mere pure treatment mei mere saath rehti. Aur mei uski baat maan bhi jaata. And agar treatment work nai karta aur mei mar jaata, toh Mukti kabhi move on nahi kar paati. Woh apne aap ko curse karti rehti ki woh mujhe bacha nahi paayi. Issi wajah se mei chahta tha ki Mukti mujhe hate kare. Isliye maine yaha se chale jaane ke baad usse ek letter bhejkar apne disappearance ke reasons bataye. So that woh mujhe kabhi dhundh nai paaye aur bina explanation diye chale jaane ke liye mujhe hate kare. Mei Mukti ko aise hurt nahi karna chahta tha lekin mere paas aur koi option nahi tha. Mei nahi jaanta tha ki I'll be alive or dead. I'm sure Nandini ne jo kiya issi wajah se kiya hoga. Shayad yeh sab karte hue usse tumse jyada hurt hua ho. Lekin shayad uske paas iske alawa dusra koi option hi na ho. 

Manik : Lekin woh mujhe sach bata sakti thi na. Yeh sab karne ki kya zarurat thi? 

Abhimanyu : Manik, agar woh tumhe sach bata deti toh kya tum usse uss haalat mei chod kar chale jaate? Nahi na? Aur God forbid, agar usse kuch ho jaata toh kya tum kabhi apne aap ko maaf kar paate? Kabhi move on kar paate? Nahi kar paate Manik. Nandini tumse pyaar karti hai Manik. She couldn't let you go through all that pain. That too alone. Isliye, uske according, usne jo kuch bhi kiya woh sahi tha. But Manik tum jo kar rahe ho usse Nandini hamesha apne aap ko blame karti rahegi. Usse hamesha yeh hi lagega ki uski wajah se tum usse chod kar chale gaye. She'll die every single day because she hurt you, Manik. I know ki tum hurt ho but Nandini needs you. Please kuch bhi aisa mat karo jiska regret tumhe lifelong rahe. Tum jaante ho, pichle ek mahine se mei sirf issi baat par debate kar raha tha ki mujhe Mukti ke paas wapas jaana chahiye ya nahi? Kya woh mujhe dekhkar khush hogi? Kya woh mujhe second chance degi ya nahi? Aisa ek bhi din nahi tha Manik jab mei Mukti ko hurt karna regret nahi karta tha. Meri life ka sabse bada regret hi Mukti ko iss tarah chod kar jaana hai. Agar mei past mei waapis jaakar kuch change kar sakta toh without thinking I would've changed this decision of mine. I would do it in a heartbeat. Isliye Manik, please think before you take any decision. Mei nahi chahta ki tum bhi apne kisi decision ko aise regret karo. 

Manik patiently listened to each and every word that came out of Abhimanyu's mouth. He deeply thought about what Abhimanyu just said. Realization struck him like a lightning bolt. He knew what Nandini did was wrong but what he was doing wasn't right either. 

Manik : You're right. Nandini needs me. I can't leave her like that. Especially in the condition that she's in. Let's go. 

He said this with determination in his eyes. They both walked towards the bike and zoomed off to the farmhouse. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

417K 18.3K 41
In this story there is misunderstanding between manik and nandini... that's why there are not together.... nandini left Mumbai... so how will they me...
429K 44.4K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...
95.9K 7.8K 33
The sequel to MUTUALLY MARRIED ******************************************** Manik and Nandini are finally married but for reasons apart from love. R...
29.9K 3K 17
Falling in love is one of the most beautiful feelings in this world. Other hand opposite side of love is the most hurtful feeling in this world. Two...