Time Flies(Editing In Progres...

By Writer_Addict1205

She thought no one would love a broken girl, he thought there were more pieces to love. ~Daniel Jonathan Park... More

Author Note
Character aesthetic and Short Summary
Chapter 1-The Beginning
Chapter 2-A Favor
Chapter 3-The Interview
Chapter 4-The Unexpected
Chapter 5-The Fashion Show
Chapter 6-Meeting the Friends
Chapter 7-The Past
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8- A fresh start
Chapter 9-Beginning of us
Chapter 10-The Revelation
Chapter 11-The Gala Night
Chapter 12-Unexpected Guest
Chapter 13- Things are fine
Chapter 14-Surprise
Chapter 15-You Are Mine
Chapter 16-The Deal
Chapter 17-Parting Away
Chapter 17 Part 2
Chapter 18-New York, Here I Come
Chapter 19-Moving On
Chapter 20-Back In Your Arms
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21-Why?
Chapter 22-Fight Back
Chapter 23-Waking up
Chapter 24-I love you
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 25-Happy
Chapter 27-Trouble
Chapter 28-Unfolding a chapter of the past
Chapter 29-Letting go
Chapter 30- Us
Chapter 31-I do
Chapter 31 Part 2
Chapter 32-The End

Chapter 26-I can't believe this is happening now

207 60 7
By Writer_Addict1205

A week before the wedding

Ava

I was baking some cookies when Shane comes and sits on the kitchen countertop pleading with me to take him to the fair. "We can't go, Shane. We only have a week left for the wedding."

He mumbles in disappointment. He whines. That was true but after we are married we will have all the time in the world.
"Mom. We never went out together. The three of us."

I was explaining to him that we could go some other time is when David comes in the kitchen rubbing his eyes."Now, why are Mom and Shane fighting about early in the morning?"

"Dad, There is this Fun Fair I want to go but Mom is not agreeing," Shane complains to his Dad about me. I swear if he agrees to him he will see the worst of him. I always make up my mind about this but then he looks at me and looking at his brown eyes I end up forgiving him. As expected."If Shane wants to go. I guess we can go."

"Hey. Don't make me the bad guy here. I have a reason to not agree with it. There are only a few days left for the wedding. We have to go for a cake tasting and dress shopping." I say in my defense. Kathy was our wedding planner and she was our friend doesn't mean we will leave all our work for her and there are some things which cannot be done alone.

"Sunshine, Kathy is doing her job. We only have to do the dress trial and cake tasting. That's two days later." David says trying to convince me as I cross my arms on my chest glaring at him.

"She is pretty good at her job. You don't have to worry. She managed to pull off a fake engagement party and you couldn't guess." He pleads again.

"David..."

Then there it is. The puppy eyes. He looks at me pleading eyes and pouts and Shane copies him. For a second I forgot why we were arguing in the first place and I was about to agree with them when I move my gaze away from them.
"Pretty please."

"Please, mom."

"I see the tables have turned but I will not agree," I say still not looking at them when David says looking at Shane. "Fine. Shane and I will go to the carnival and eat pizza for lunch."

He knows I can't say no to pizza. That was his plan B. I know his tricks and I fall for those tricks every single time."Pizza. I am sure I can spare some time."

"It's fine Mom. I  can go with Dad."

"I am going to get ready." I walk towards my room and I heard some whispering.
"I knew I had your mom at pizza."

"You are good at convincing mom." They both high-five with each other and I roll my eyes.

"I heard that. Don't make me change my mind."

"Hurry up," Shane screams.

I decided to wear a cream turtleneck sweater and a plaid jacket with blue jeans. I kept my hair open and applied some lip balm for the cold weather.

We left in an hour. It was cold outside because it's December. It's hasn't snowed yet the weather was chilling. We reached after an hour of drive.

As soon as we enter, Shane runs all the way in and we both follow him. He points at the giant wheel as he screams in excitement.
"I want to go to the giant wheel."

"Sure go ahead." David says and Shane replies."You are coming with us."

"I am scared of riding those things."
David says but I knew it was quite the opposite. Shane holds his hand and tugs his shirt and David kneels."Come on Dad, I am here."

"Awww. David is scared." I played along knowing the fact he was acting. "Bring it on. Three tickets please."

"I know you are not. You did a great job. Shane believed you."
I whisper in his ear. He loves this kind of thing. He was always the adventure type. He said that to make Shane happy and I was shocked Shane got convinced so easily without having caught him lying.

After the giant wheel, we turned on the battle at dashing cars. I was having a lot of fun. Shane was right. We never had time to go out. Just the three of us and it was a lot of fun.

Shane and David got used to each other's company like they were never apart. David was a great father to him though he spoils him by giving everything he wants he loves him a lot and I could see it on his face.

Moments when Shane scraped his knee, I could see tears forming on his face and times when he will lose purposely to see Shane smile. I loved that. These are the moments we will remember when he grows up and we can just reminisce them. It was the most precious moment.

"I am warning you. I am a champion in this." He says while driving his car and Shane yells our smirking."It's because you didn't meet me, Daddy."

I chuckle at them and I yell out."Don't forget me."
And it was fun seeing them compete.

When we were in Europe, Shane was happy but now I could see the happiness in his face since he met David. I have never seen Shane so happy and it's all because of David. I kind of feel guilty to be the one who stole his moments from him and how much ever David tries to convince me that it wasn't my fault it was always there in the back of my mind.

"Now who wants candy floss."
Shane raises his hand "Me."

"Me too. Don't forget the pizza you promised." David is the best Dad Shane could have. Yes, he pampers him a lot more but it's fine as long as Shane is happy. He buys out candy floss and we all enjoy it.
"Now the pizza place." He says and I try to hide the grin on my face but before that, I need to pee.

"I have to go use the restroom."

"We will meet you at the pizza place." David holds hands with Shane and I head toward the washroom.

I follow the directions and the signboard. It must be somewhere around here and it was to the left. I went and used the washroom. I was washing my hands at the washbasin when a woman approached me."Excuse me, Can you help me with this address?"

She hands me the piece of paper and I look at it. She was in the wrong direction. "You are in the wrong place..you...."

I looked into the piece of paper and tell her the directions to the place written on the paper. When I was helping the woman with the address I felt a huge blow on my head and everything went black after that...

(Who is this woman? Will David find Ava before something happens? Keep reading to find out.)

...Thank you for reading...

Follow for updates and vote if you like the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.9K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...
16.1K 770 21
There's a couple of lines I told myself I would never, ever cross. Little did I know that I would cross them all, all at the same time. I was happy w...
731K 28.2K 39
Lauraine Alexander, a 16 year old scholar of Diamond High. She's a nerd with huge glasses, very smart but poor girl. All she wanted was to finish sch...
2.2K 59 37
Delilah Claire Paige has been alone all her life since she was 8 years old, but it wasn't until she was 16 that she realized that. Delilah lived her...