The Polaroid's on the Wall

By Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 24: Guess who's back
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1
Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

Chapter 30: The Start of Something New

328 12 39
By Rro110

TW: Self-harm

Third Person POV:

Upon arriving home, the two had received very different responses from their parents.

When Chris returned home, his parents immediately wanted to heal the purple and red blotches wound on his cheek. They told him Metcalf had told them what happened and were very concerned for his mental health after being bullied for so long.

However, Chris' mentality meant that every hit TJ through at him made him stronger. He assured them he was completely fine before they were off his back and let him leave with an ice pack.

Once in his room, his emotions settled.

He felt horrible.

He knew he probably shouldn't have and that anyone else in his shoes would be angry at TJ for hurting him, taking digs at his sister (well, maybe he wasn't completely ok with that part) and bullying him. But Chris wasn't one to get mad or hold grudges. He always wanted to bring joy.

And he knew that punching someone and saying mean things in retaliation did not bring TJ joy.

Besides, call him crazy but he actually liked when TJ was being mean to him. It was funny to counter each other and Chris knew he was saving a lot of people's self-esteem by letting himself be a target. He'd kinda miss it.

They had even had a conversation that wasn't stuffed full of insults, it was nice. Chris hoped it cheered TJ up a bit.

Most people wouldn't dare speak to TJ, but Chris knew that the only reason TJ was bullying anyone was because he was very insecure. Part of him wanted to help him, in fact, all of him wanted to help him.

But would TJ want that help?

Chris thought he should at least offer.

Oppositely, TJ came home to quite a storm.

After being screamed at by his father in the words, 'How could you be so stupid?' 'What is wrong with you?' And, TJ's personal favourite, 'You aren't the son I raised!'

Little did his dad know he was the exact reason TJ acted out like this.

His mother at least tried to defend him but that was difficult when she knew TJ was completely in the wrong. Needless to say, Ted Kippen won the argument.

TJ stormed off to his room and trashed it, everything he owned was on the floor in a heap of mess. His anger seared through his veins and burned his skin like lava was being injected into his blood. Before he could stop himself he had leapt from his window and was running to the park.

Here he saw a the most perfect looking, clean brick wall. He debated on finding something to vandalise it with But his brain didn't let him as his fist met the rough wall several times.

TJ had defaced the wall with his own blood.

His fist cried the scarlet liquid between his knuckles and onto the floor as he repeatedly smashed his hand into the wall despite the pain he was in. It fizzed But to TJ...it felt kind of good.

He deserved it anyway.

TJ had been suspended from school for the following week and therefore had to preoccupy himself with other things.

He was sitting in the park with his headphones in, feelings very sorry for himself as he picked at the grass angrily, seriously considering punching a wall again when he felt someone sit beside him.

TJ looked up in surprise to see none other than Chris. Out of intrigue, he took out one of the earplugs.

'What you doing sat all alone?' Chris tilted his head to the side.

'Why are you here?' TJ asked defensively.

Chris leaned back on his hands, 'Didn't feel like school today, not quite the same without you-'

'Don't pretend you care.' He shot back.

'I do care,'

'Why would you?'

Chris shrugged, 'Because I think you need help and I want to offer it,'

TJ scoffed, 'What am I? Charity?'

'No you're a scared little boy who I think needs a friend,' Chris said truthfully.

'I'm not some fragile doll you need to fix,'

'I didn't say that,' Chris shook his head, 'All I'm saying is that if you need someone to talk to about anything then I'm here,'

TJ rolled his eyes, 'You shouldn't care,'

The other frowned, 'Why not?'

The blonde didn't answer as he was tempted to put his headphones back in but Chris spoke before he could.

'Or if you don't want to talk to me then maybe I can show you how to use a camera properly,' Chris offered nicely, taking out the expensive camera.

TJ, although he acted it, wasn't stupid. He wasn't going to give up an opportunity like that just because he wanted to close off. Besides, this didn't mean they were friends, he just wanted to look at the camera.

Chris smiled at TJ's obvious interest, 'Ok, be careful with it though. What you want to do is find something you think is interesting and point the camera at it; then you need to twist this to focus it more and when you're happy with the frame you press this. It's the Point, focus, Snap method!'

TJ nodded, his eyes searching the park until he turned back to Chris, raising the camera. Chris' face went in and out of focus at a rapid pace which slowed when TJ twisted the nozzle. Realising he'd just have to time his click right, he silently counted before snapping the photo.

'Let's see,' Chris took the camera back and pressed a button to bring up the photo gallery. Whilst he scrolled to find the most recent, TJ admired Chris' shots that flickered past his green eyes. Then he saw his own photo among them.

The dark curly haired boy was pleased with the image, 'Wow, you're quite the paparazzi aren't you?'

TJ struggled not to blush.

'Seriously though, this is better than I expected it was going to be, no offence,' Chris favourited it before looking up, 'You find me interesting?'

That was the correct assumption from what Chris said before, TJ shrugged awkwardly, 'You're.....aesthetically pleasing.........I guess,'

Happy with that answer, Chris held the camera out for TJ, 'You want another go?'

The second offered was accepted as TJ took several other pictures using the camera. Unfortunately, this meant that TJ's hand slipped from his sleeve which unveiled his badly bruised fist from the previous night.

He handed the camera back, unaware of the reveal, 'Thanks,'

Chris received it noticing the wound due to its very obvious damage, 'Hey, is your hand ok?'

TJ turned red, retreating his hand so it was covered, 'Yeah it's fine,'

Chris knew that was a lie but he decided to leave it since him and TJ hadn't spoken civilly until yesterday. But that didn't mean he didn't want to.

'Do you have a camera of your own?'

'No, I just use my phone to take photos,'

The boy grimaced, 'ugh...how can you deal with that?'

TJ chuckled, 'I'm used to it I guess,'

Chris shook his head, reaching into his bag to pull out a Polaroid camera, 'Here, have this,'

The blonde's mouth fell open at the gesture, 'Are...you serious?'

The other nodded, 'Yep, I have another one anyway, but you need film of course,'

TJ took the camera and looked it over smiling a little, 'You sure?'

'Definitely, you need it more than me,' Chris grinned.

TJ's smile faded as he frowned, 'Why are you being so nice to me?'

'Why not?'

The green eyed boy raised a confused eyebrow, 'Because I was awful to you which umm...I'm sorry about. I don't know what I was thinking,'

'Oh it's fine,' Chris waved a hand, 'I don't care about that...I just want to spread as much kindness as possible,'

TJ held back a snide remark and hesitated before asking, 'You wanna go somewhere?'

'Where did you have in mind?'

'My house?'

'Sure, your parents not home?'

'They'll be at work,'

The two walked closely beside each other to the blonde's house where they went upstairs to TJ's room with two cans of soda.

You might find it slightly confusing that TJ, someone who had hated and bullied Chris, would allow him to come to his home and hang out with him. But the truth was TJ had envied Chris, he wanted what Chris has.

That's why he made TJ so mad.

'Wait! You have a record player too?' Chris exclaimed, setting his soda on a coaster and examining the old fashioned music output system (when you want to alternate what words you're writing, use your computer science GCSE class knowledge to your advantage even though it's killing you 🙂)

TJ followed him to his dresser, 'Yeah, it's new,'

'What albums do you have?'

He pulled out the three sleeves he had in the massive empty cabinet, 'Pray for the Wicked: Panic! At the Disco, 1: The Beatles and A Night at the Opera: Queen,'

Chris nodded in approval as TJ put them back, 'You prefer the old stuff or new?'

'Easy, old,' TJ responded, 'Modern stuff is trash,'

'You literally have a 2018 album!'

'Ok! Not all of it is trash but most!' TJ defended, 'When I grow my collection it's gonna be like 2 thirds classic, 1 third modern,'

'I hope so,' Chris shook his head, 'But if you want to borrow any of my sleeves then just ask,'

TJ sat down on his bed, 'What you got?'

'All Panic And MCR albums ummm...David Bowie and oh yeah, you should listen to Cavetown,'

Smirking, the other responded, 'How do you know I don't already listen to Cavetown?'

Chris froze before sitting beside TJ, 'You listen to Cavetown?'

He nodded.

'Oh wow I did not label you a Cavetown Guy,' Chris lightly punched TJ's shoulder.

'You don't know me,'

'But I want to,' Chris pointed out, 'I want to,'

'Why though,' TJ asked, 'You could literally be friends with anyone else...why do you want it to be me?'

Chris pauses, staring at the other photography nerd for a moment before replying, 'I think you need it as much as I do.....you in?'

Although TJ was skeptical, all he really had at the moment was Kira and his other shitty friends. He'd made the mistake of ditching his real ones...and he wasn't planning on owning that yet. Why shouldn't he at least try?

'Sure,'

The two hung out for the rest of the day just getting to know each other. Turns out they were unaware of the nature of each other's lives.

For example, TJ was surprised to learn that Chris was adopted into the Simmonds household and had met his mother (who was not in the best shape) It surprised him because Chris seemed unaffected by the situation but then not everyone is he supposed. Another thing he learned was that Chris had learned Greek-his mother tongue-got his first camera at five years old and was obsessed with baby taters.

Chris learned TJ loved photography, vinyls and a controversial hate for earrings.

'They're literally metal stabbed into your ears!' He argues whilst Chris laughed so hard he was crying.

TJ's stomach fluttered.

'You need to see me rock a pair,' Chris argued, 'You feel the same about tattoos?'

'Yeah, I do actually,'

'So you'd never get a tattoo?'

'Nope,'

'Ok but say you wereee to get a tattoo, what would it be of?'

TJ pondered the question before coming up with an answer, 'The Spoon logo on my upper back,'

'Really?'

'Yup! Same question,'

'Mmmmm I'd have to go with a sunflower on the back of my neck,' Chris pointed.

TJ uncrossed his legs, 'Is that your favourite flower?'

'Sure is, yours?'

'Daisies are pretty neat,' TJ answered.

The two hadn't realised how dark it was outside, or how TJ's parents hadn't come home until that very moment. They jumped at heading the front door close, both glancing at the clock that read 11:30 pm and panicking. How had they managed to talk for that long?

TJ didn't want to get in trouble so jumped up an dashed towards the window, 'Come on!'

He pulled it up and dived out there like a maniac, but he'd done it so many times it was like second nature.

Chris leaned his head out and saw TJ, still intact, on the decking below the window.

'Jump!' He whispered, watching his parents in the kitchen, 'I'll catch you,'

Adrenaline rushing through him, Chris jumped out the window and into TJ's arms where he lingered for a moment before the two sprinted away from the house.

'Where are we going?' Chris panted as he managed to keep up with TJ's athletic capabilities.

TJ grabbed his hand without thinking, 'It's a surprise.'

Both boys could feel the electricity sparking through them as they ran.

Maybe it was the fact they felt under threat, maybe it was because they were running or maybe it was because there was something between them they didn't understand yet.

Chris soon realised where they were when they turned the corner and barrelled into the empty restaurant as sweaty, giggling messes.

This surprised the only waitress serving the empty diner who smiled at the two kindly, 'Hi there, how can I help you?'

'Hey, we'll have a table for two please,' Chris said.

She gestured to the completely empty seats, 'Take your pick and I'll get you the menús,'

They were left alone when Chris raised his eyebrows, 'Where you wanna sit?'

This was when TJ realised they were holding hands so let go quickly and shoved them in his pockets, 'I don't really mind,'

Chris ran his eyes over the tables before he pointed to the one in the far left corner, 'There,'

So that is where they sat and ordered themselves a strawberry and vanilla milkshake with baby taters to share.

'Only crazy people actually come here at midnight,' The waitress, who's badge said her name was Angel, stated as she delivered their order, 'So where do you two fit in? Are you the druggies, runaways, emotionally unstable, lonely or plain stupid people?'

'That is very offensive,' Chris criticised, 'But we probably come in under plain stupid, wouldn't you say paparazzi?'

TJ turned slightly red at the nickname but he nodded.

Angel crossed her arms, 'You sure you're not on drugs?'

Chris grimaced, 'Oh shit! TJ, I think I did actually do some weed before,'

'You serious?' Angel asked.

'No.' Chris said normally as TJ snickered at the brilliant sarcasm.

Angel rolled her eyes fondly, 'You know what, that was good. Your stuffs on the house for making my night shift not as awful as I thought it would be,'

'Thanks,'

She left to clean the kitchen meaning the two could have a private conversation.

'How did you do that?'

'Do what?' Chris frowned.

'...get her to like you so quick?'

'Oh, I don't know I guess I just give off some sort of vibe? That's what people say anyway,'

'Do...you think I could do that?'

Chris held up his hands to frame TJ's face, 'I think with some guidance you may reach that point, yes,'

TJ smiled, 'I'd like that,'

Angel reappeared with an ice pack, 'I brought this for your hand, it looks pretty sore bud,'

'How about you-' before TJ could finish his rude sentence he glanced at Chris, 'treat yourself to a milkshake because that is so nice of you,'

The waitress thankfully didn't notice anything as she grinned at the boy, 'Well...probably because I'd be fired for stealing unless I paid for it but thanks,'

TJ took the ice and held it to his bruised fist.

Angel went back to the kitchen.

Chris gave TJ two thumbs up, 'That was a nice start,'

'I don't even know why I do that, it's like being mean is my first instinct,' TJ complained.

'You managed to save it, don't be so hard on yourself. I can see you're trying, otherwise you wouldn't be talking to me,'

'I know I just...wish I could be someone else,'

'Why don't you want to be you?'

TJ shook his head, not knowing, 'I don't know, I kinda suck,'

'No you don't,'

'You're only saying that because you're so nice,'

'Do you really think I'd want to be your friend if I thought you sucked? No, I wouldn't. You. Don't. Suck. If you want my honest opinion, I think you're fun to be around but you're too used to bullying others to make friends. Like I said before, I can help you with that-as well as your camera work-but only if you really want,'

TJ left the silence, nodding, 'Ok,'

'Good,' Chris grinned, retreating his arms into his sleeves, 'But I think we should just hang out for a bit first. That way we can trust each other,' he left a pause, 'How about we play quick questions- I ask you five questions, you ask me five questions. You can pass a question if you don't want it,'

'Deal, you go first,'

He thought whilst eating a tater, 'Do you have a pet?'

'No but I really want a boxer dog,'

'Pizza or Chinese food?'

'Pizza, meat feast style,'

'Favourite colour?'

TJ pointed to his hoodie, 'Blue,'

'Favourite tv show?'

'Definitely The Office,'

'And finally, If you could bring anything to a desert island, what would you bring?'

'Seriously?'

'Yes,'

TJ sighed, 'A boat so I could leave,'

'Smart, your turn,'

Nicking a tater from the basket, TJ started his five questions, 'Favourite chocolate/sweets?'

'Galaxy, caramel version,'

'Pineapple on Pizza?'

'Yes, it's good,'

'Fuck marry kill Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande,'

'Kill Taylor, fuck miley, Marry Ari,'

'Do you own a dress?'

'No but I want one,'

'Lastly.....are you actually gay?'

Chris tensed up, playing with his hands, 'Pass,'

TJ didn't say anything about it as he knew it was a risk, 'Have you ever done drugs?'

'No,'

Neither of them said anything as Chris acted very strange. He was slouched, letting his hair fall over his eyes which were focused on his now empty milkshake glass.

TJ felt bad, especially since Chris was trying to help him. Even after what he did and said.

'Sorry, I shouldn't have asked you that. It was stupid,' he mumbled.

Chris sat up a little straighter (or gayer), biting his lip, 'No it's fine, I just like being...I don't know. I guess I just didn't know the answer,'

TJ's throat closed as emotions hit him. Why the hell would Chris admit that to him of all people?

'In that case...' TJ tried to lighten the mood, 'Fuck marry kill Zac Efron, Dan Howell, Conan Gray,'

This made the other boy smile as TJ wasn't being mean to him, he'd hoped it was all for show and that now he wouldn't do that. Who knows why he said those things.

'Kill Zac, fuck Dan, Marry Conan,'

'Agreed,'

They finished their food, saying goodbye to Angel before they went to open the door. However, when they did, they saw that it was hammering it down with rain. They'd been so distracted they hadn't noticed the spring storm outside.

Never the less, TJ grabbed Chris' hand and pulled them both into the rain where they were soaked through within seconds as their feet splashed down the pavement. Their drenched clothes sticking to their skin; faces covered in the droplets and hair flattened and filled with water that ran down their rosey, cold cheeks.

The only warmth in their bodies were in their hands where they clutched one another.

They reached TJ's house and stood still beside the street lamp.

'This was fun!' Chris shouted over the blowing gales that whipped the trees.

'Yeah!' TJ yelled back as they grinned at each other.

Chris, caught in the moment, grabbed TJ's hoodie to pull him closer, planting a kiss on his cheek before he ran off into his house.

TJ blushed yet again.

And not just because of the chill.

Y'all it's been 1 year since Andi Mack ended...how y'all doing? Andi Mack will be the best show on Disney channel ever- it did not deserve to go. On a happier note, Tyrus have been together for 1 year (hopefully) so bxjsjsjbsnzjxjs ❤️🏳️‍🌈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.7K 33
Cyrus is a unconfident, dorky kid. Tj is a rude, popular jock. Two complete opposites meet, and create a whole new light for them, but will that ligh...
11.3K 335 38
It's the gangs first year of high school and a rocky road of feelings,stress and everything in the middle is ahead for them. See what awaits Andi,B...
32.7K 657 21
This is some Oneshots of my favorite ship Tyrus
107K 3.8K 31
andi mack highschool & instagram au