๐˜‰๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ด

By Euphoric_18

"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’˜ ๐’Š๐’•. ๐‘ป๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†, ๐’…๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’†, ๐’๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’†๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Ž. ๐‘ฉ๏ฟฝ... More

โ€ขIntroductionโ€ข
โ€ข Prologue โ€ข
โ€ข 1 โ€ข
โ€ข 2 โ€ข
โ€ข 3 โ€ข
โ€ข 4 โ€ข
โ€ข 5 โ€ข
โ€ข 7 โ€ข
โ€ข 8 โ€ข
โ€ข 9 โ€ข
โ€ข 10 โ€ข
โ€ข 11 โ€ข
โ€ข 12 โ€ข
โ€ข 13 โ€ข
โ€ข 14 โ€ข
โ€ข 15 โ€ข
โ€ข 16 โ€ข
โ€ข 17 โ€ข
โ€ข 18 โ€ข
โ€ข 19 I โ€ข
โ€ข19 IIโ€ข
โ€ข 20 โ€ข
A Sincere Request
Thank youโค
โ€ข 21 โ€ข
โ€ข 22 โ€ข
Requesting Again
โ€ข 23 โ€ข
โ€ข 24 I โ€ข
โ€ข 24 II โ€ข
โ€ข 25 โ€ข
โ€ข 26 โ€ข
โ€ข 27 โ€ข
Hey.
Hey again...
long time no see
โ€ข 28 โ€ข
a little sneak peek

โ€ข 6 โ€ข

1.3K 192 44
By Euphoric_18

It was nearly evening time. There was still hustle and bustle of nurses and helpers running here and there, keeping in charge of all the requirements of the patients. Unswayed by this, there was a stillness among all four of them. They were uncertain about the future, especially Naina & Sameer. But all that mattered for Sameer was his Nanu's wish. His words were still ringing in their minds.

"Sameer, meri aakhri khwahish yahi hai ki tu Naina se shaadi karle.".

He knew he wasn't left with any choice other than complying with Nanu.

When he had told Munna-Pandit about Nanu's wish, they had been stunned. They had asked about this immediate decision, but Sameer & Naina didn't have an answer because they were still trying to ponder over it.

Naina knew that she was going to have a huge responsibility on her shoulders. She was a self-reliant woman, she didn't need anyone to look for her. She wasn't always like this. She too had dreams like those of an ordinary girl, she too wanted to be loved, to find her prince charming, to have a happy family, but, some vicious events of the past had snatched all those dreams away from her. Deep down, she still wanted that, but she had kept those feelings buried in the deepest corner of her heart and she didn't even want them to resurface any time soon.

Sameer asked Pandit to contact Mr Bhadoria, their lawyer, to make all the necessary arrangements and ask about the requirements regarding the marriage the next day. He wanted to finish this off as soon as possible due to uncertainty about Nanu's health. Munna had also gone with Pandit to accompany him.

The rest of the day went in a blur. Sameer spent most of the time besides Nanu keeping in check on him while he was asleep. Naina had nothing to do so she kept waiting outside the room and still prayed for him if there were any chances of his recovery. Sameer didn't attempt to talk to her about the marriage since he was sceptical about what to say.

Munna & Pandit had come back and told them that the time of marriage had been fixed at 4:00 pm the next day and they just have to sign the application form along with some necessary documents. Sameer and Naina both agreed to the same.

The nurse asked Sameer to leave the room since the patient needed to rest. He came outside and his gaze fell on Naina standing a bit far drinking water from the water cooler. He asked Munna to drop her home since it was quite late and it wasn't safe for her to go alone. Munna complied and asked Naina to come along with him. Naina peeked at Nanu one more time and took their leave. While going past Sameer, their eyes met for a moment but she was quick enough to avert her eyes.

After 25 minutes drive, Munna stopped the car in front of the apartment in which she lived. She was about to open the door when Munna stopped her, "Naina..."
Naina halted, "Yes sir..."
He said, "Kal shaadi hai tum dono ki...Main nahi jaanta Nanu ne kya sochke yeh decision liya hai, par, itna zarur jaanta hun ki unhone jo bhi kiya hoga bahut soch samajhkar kiya hoga..." He paused for a moment and then continued, "Pata nahi main yeh tumse kab bol paunga. Sameer bohot pyar karta hai apne Nanu se. Woh sirf yeh sab apne Nanu ki khushi ke liye kar raha hai. Itna kehna chahunga ki Nanu ke jaane ke baad Sameer ko sambhalna mushkil hoga. Woh tut jayega. Uski zimmedari humare upar hai. Hume usey sambhalna hoga. Main tumhe personally nahi jaanta aur naa hi Sameer. Woh in sab ke liye bilkul ready nahi hai. Isey mera uske liye pyaar kaho yaa fir possessiveness par main aisa kuch bhi nahi hone de sakta jisse usey kisi bhi tareeke ki pareshani ho. I hope you understand what I mean to say..."
She silently nodded.

She clearly understood what he meant to say. He was indirectly indicating her not to expect much from this marriage. As if she was going to. At that moment, Naina saw a true friend who was being distressed about his broken best friend. The signs of worry on his face proved how much he cared about Sameer and would never let anything happen to him. It wasn't like Naina was ready to accept this marriage, but she wasn't ready to ignore it either-even if she wanted to. Only time could tell what was written in the fate of this untimely marriage.

Munna left from there after instructing her about the required documents to be brought. She went inside the apartment. She had informed Shaila Chachi about Nanu in the afternoon. When she heard about him, she felt very miserable. She had huge respect for him since he had really helped the people of the small community which she was also a part of. His philanthropist personality used to be admired by everyone who knew him.

Naina hadn't eaten much throughout the day and now she felt hungry. She checked in the kitchen and mentally thanked Shaila Chachi to have kept the dinner prepared. She had her dinner and left to sleep.

On the other hand, Pandit had somehow convinced Sameer to have dinner since he hadn't eaten properly the whole day, but he was reluctant to leave Nanu's side. They went to the cafeteria and ordered a veg thali. Sameer hardly ate anything except for a few morsels since he had lost his appetite. After a while, Munna had returned after dropping Naina. Sameer went back to Nanu's room after informing Munna-Pandit. The nurse told them that only one person had permission to stay back. They didn't need to talk over it since it was obviously Sameer who would stay the night. Munna-Pandit had left after checking once on Nanu and not before assuring him to be there if he needed something.

His gaze fell upon the couch in the room which would suffice to fit his muscular physique. He adjusted himself on the couch after switching off the lights.

Sleep was far away from both of their eyes. So much had happened in a day and they were still not able to comprehend that. One person, who was the reason they were still withstanding this world when they had left all hopes, was now lying on that bed counting his last breaths. All this was too much to put up with. As if this wasn't enough, their marriage that too in a day was taking a toll on them, both mentally and emotionally. Marriage is something which is considered to be the most sacred and protected bond between a man and a woman. Till now, they were on professional grounds. But now, as they were going to enter this holy matrimony, they were completely oblivious what the future would bring to them.

It is said,
'A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their indifferences.'

Was this marriage right? Did they do the right thing by accepting Nanu's decision? And most importantly, were they right for each other? Only time would tell.

***************

Next day, Naina had woken up a bit late in the morning. She asked Shaila Chachi to make lunch for four since she had decided to take it for the boys too. She told Chachi about the marriage thing as she would have to leave this place shortly. Chachi was shocked at the sudden revelation about the marriage. Ever since she had begun work for Naina, they had bonded very well together. And now, the thought of Naina leaving and her marriage was like her own daughter was getting married.
She was emotional, "Humesha khush rehna. Main dua karungi tumhari zindagi khushiyon se bhar jaye." She said with misty eyes.
Naina too became emotional and hugged her tightly, "Aap bhi apna khayal rakhna."
They parted and got busied in their work. Naina checked her documents thoroughly for the last time and took the tiffins in which Chachi had packed the food before leaving.

Sameer woke up much earlier than the rest of the days for obvious reasons. He didn't need to work since he knew his best friends cum brothers would have taken care of it. Soon, Munna-Pandit had also come and also brought a fresh pair of clothes for Sameer. They cared for him way too much. He freshened up quickly. Till then, Naina had also come. The air around all of them was highly awkward. She told them that she had brought some food for them to eat. The boys were a bit surprised. Just when they were thinking that they would have to eat Cafeteria food again, Naina had come as a saviour. Pandit quietly took the food from her and the boys settled on the couch to have their food. While they were eating, Naina sat besides Nanaji. Sameer noticed her but didn't utter a word.

It was late afternoon when Mr Bhadoria came with the form to be filled. He told them about the procedure to be followed and asked for the documents to be submitted. They both handed the documents to him. Nanaji was awake now and was watching his dream getting fulfilled with emotional eyes. He knew he had taken the right decision. Though they weren't ready for this now, he knew one day, they would be remembering his words and living happily with each other.

The lawyer checked the documents and frowned a little while going through Naina's, but he didn't say anything. He gave the form to them with all the details already filled. Sameer glanced once at Nanu who smiled and gave an affirmative nod to him. He then finally signed it and handed the pen to Naina. She took the pen, her hand was shivering, tears filled her eyes but she quickly blinked hard not to make anyone notice them. Some images flashed in her mind but she somehow managed to calm herself down. She positioned the pen and with blurry eyes finally signed the form.

Munna & Pandit were witnesses of this matrimony. After the procedure was finished, Mr Bhadoria told them about some formalities to be done after which the marriage certificate would be issued and assured them that he would take care of that. Sameer thanked him for helping them. Mr Bhadoria smiled and wished the couple to have a happy married life ahead.

"Couple", the word felt alien to them. Till the day before, they were nothing but a boss and an employee discussing the financial progress and budget of the company. But now, they were tied in a bond they could not easily separate from. A lifetime partnership.

To say Nanu was happy would be an understatement. He was elated. He wanted to celebrate but couldn't. Destiny had other plans but he felt satisfied for being triumphant in bringing them together. He gestured them to come towards him. Sameer and Naina glimpsed at each other and stepped towards him. He smiled at them and forwarded his shivering hand to bless them. They both bent a little and took his blessings. The nurse asked them to let him rest for some time since too many emotions at once would stress him and it would not be good for his health. All of them came outside.

It was after a few hours when Nanaji woke up and asked the nurse to call only Naina inside. The nurse strictly warned them not to have any sort of a stressful conversation. Sameer was completely oblivious outside the room. He was wondering what was so important that Nanu wanted to talk about only to Naina. After a while, Sameer decided to check on them. When he opened the door, he saw Naina holding Nanu's hand. Nanu noticed him on the door and gestured him to come in.

Sameer entered and sat on another chair beside Naina. Nanu smiled at both of them.
Sameer asked, "Aap ab khush toh hain na Nanu?" He quickly took Naina's hand and held it clasping their palms. To say she wasn't affected by this gesture would be a lie because she clearly felt a sense of warmth when he did that but she quickly cleared her mind. She knew he did that only to show Nanu and he didn't mean it.

Nanu saw their adjoined hands and replied, "Bohot khush hun main. Tum dono ne mera sapna pura kiya hai, ek dusre se bandh gaye ho tum dono. Iss rishte ki dor kabhi tutne mat dena aur humesha khush rehna mere bacchon." He coughed a little in between speaking, "Samjhdar ho tum donon. Mujhe pata hai bohot se sawal hai tumhare mann mein par inka jawab tumhe milke dhundhna hoga..." They both nodded silently.

All of a sudden, his breaths became heavier and he began to shiver. Sameer and Naina got worried and he immediately ran outside to call for the doctor. Naina didn't know what to do and was panicking.

A moment later Sameer rushed in with the doctor followed by a nurse and worried Munna-Pandit. Dr Gupta began to examine him while Sameer became more restless with each passing second. Munna and Pandit were there by his side, they too were crying continuously. Naina's condition was no better. She was very disturbed.
Dr Gupta said, "Inki condition bigadti jaa rahi hai. We cannot say anything now. We are sorry."

Sameer began to sob like a kid.
Nanu saw him & called his name with extreme difficulty, "S-S-Sa-mee-r..."
Sameer rushed by his side, "N-N-Nanu...kuchh nahi hoga aapko..."
Nanu gave him a faint smile, his breath was getting heavier, "A-Apna..d-dhyan r-rakhna...I-I L-Love You m-mere bac-che..."
With that, he took one last breath and his hand fell limp in Sameer's hand. Sameer frantically shook his hand and glanced at him, "Nanu...." he whispered. Nanu's eyes were closed now, forever. The ECG monitor displayed a flatline.

The sounds of their sobs and cries echoed inside the room.
Munna-Pandit were crying for losing the man who was their guardian, who was like their friend and supported them like one.
Naina cried hard for losing the man who gave her a new life, who showed her the path towards optimism when she was thinking to end her life.

They all were weeping except for Sameer who stood there with an expressionless face. His mind had become blank. A teardrop leaked from his eye rolled down his cheek. At that moment, he realised, he had lost the most precious thing of life, forever.

____________________________________________

The longest and the most difficult update till now. I myself became emotional while writing the end part. I have tried my level best to not make it too much emotional. Hope you liked it.

You must be waiting for a proper Samaina interaction but this too was necessary to show since this is the base of the story. This is just a beginning and they have a long way to go.

Give your views in the comments section for sure😉

Lots Of Love, Sim❣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 3.9K 32
Arrange Marriage story of Samaina...๐Ÿ’– Look how Sameer experienced love at first sight when he saw a girl's photograph. He kept her in his dreams but...
17.3K 2.1K 35
Sameer, a former state level cricketer has now left cricket and is engrossed in drinking and smoking. He deteriorated his career and life as he lost...
149K 11.2K 43
Once touched by love, our lives can never be the same. Sameer Maheshwari, though born in India, grew up in London. Whereas, Naina Agarwal's world ha...
209K 23.5K 102
DIL KA DARIYA-The River of Connected Heartsโค. Marriage is a sacred relationship. It is one of the purest bonds uniting two souls, irrespective of the...