Why did it have to be you?

By Kiss-Me-Ya-Fool

(Y/N) Lachance is the older sister of Gordie Lachance, she's 3 years younger than their older brother Denny... More

The Beginning
Dancing, a Confession, and a... New Relationship?

Bail and Overnight

296 4 0
By Kiss-Me-Ya-Fool

Your POV
It's been a few days since I met Ace, he's actually quite nice. It was late at night when the phone rang, I was about to get up to go answer it when it stopped. Gordie must have picked it up.

"(Y/n), it's for you!" Gordie shouted from downstairs.

I quickly got up went down to take the phone from Gordie. When I took the phone from him, he walked away and sat on the couch to watch tv.

"This is (Y/n), how may I help you?" I ask the person on the other end of the call.

"It's me, Ace. I need you to come down to the precinct and bail me out. I got into a fight at the bar, and you're the only person I could think of to call." Ace said quickly.

"Okay, I'll be down there in—" I saw Gordie about to open a soda. "Gordie put that soda back in the fridge, it is 10 o'clock at night. I don't care if it's summer, put it back. You should be in bed anyway." I say to Gordie, I quickly go back to the phone.

"I'll be there in about ten minutes, how much is bail?" I ask Ace.

"It's... it's 500 dollars. Sorry." He said before hanging up.

I hung up the phone, and rushed to my room. I have a jar full of cash for situations like this. I pull out five hundred dollars then put on some shoes. I don't even change out of my white cotton sleep dress.

As I'm about to leave the house I quickly tell Gordie to go to bed, then I leave the house and speed walk to the precinct.

I get there in record time, but then again I only live a block and a half away. I walk in and approach a woman at the counter.

"I'm here to bail out John "Ace" Merrill." I say calmly.

"It's 500 for bail." She replied in a bored tone.

I handed the money over politely, she accepted the cash and told me to sit down and wait. A few minutes later Ace is walking out with a cop trailing him. I stand up and he approaches me, without saying a word he just hugs me and apologizes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bother you, I swear." He said in quiet whisper.

He slowly sank to his knees his arms wrapped around my waist, his head resting on my sternum. He continued to apologize until I shut him up.

"Stop apologizing, okay? I was just studying, and get up off the floor before you ruin your own reputation." I said with a light giggle.

He looked up at me with a small smile, he got up and hugged me tighter. We walked out of the precinct, and I offered for him to stay the night at my place.

"I couldn't, you've already done so much for me tonight. I'll just go back to my place." Ace said waving me off.

"Nonsense, your house is a 3 mile walk from here. I live a block away, just stay the night. My parents are out of town for the next 2 weeks anyway." I reason.

"What about Gordie? I'm sure he won't be too happy about it." Ace argued back.

"It's one night, I'm sure he won't mind as long as you don't beat him up or bully him while you're there." I explain with a smile.

"Okay, I'll stay the night at your place." He finally agreed.

"Good, because we're already here." I say with a giggle, he didn't even notice that we had been walking to my house.

He shook his head with small smirk, we entered the house and I saw Gordie open a can of soda.

"Gordie, what did I say about drinking a soda this late at night?" I say in stern voice.

"To not. But (Y/n), it's summer." My little brother complained.

"Doesn't matter, your sister is trying to look after you. You should listen to her more often. Now, give me the can, and go to bed." Ace said in harsh, almost scolding tone of voice. He held his hand out for Gordie to give him the can, Gordie obliged quickly handing Ace the soda before running up the stairs and to his room.

Ace handed me the can and sat on the couch after taking off his shoes. I put the can back inside the fridge, and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Gordie came back down in his pyjamas a few minutes later.

"(Y/n), why is Ace here? You know what he's done, he's an asshole!" My kid brother whispered at me, his voice harsh.

"Because—" before I could answer Chris, Vern, and Teddy had burst through the front door.

The three boys were shouting and joking around until they saw a tired Ace sitting on the couch with his head laid back. They all started to shout questions at me and Gordie, I was trying to answer but they just kept asking questions.

"Alright! All of you shut up and give her chance to answer your questions! And please shut the fuck up! You're too god damn loud." Ace shouted in exasperation as well as anger.

"Thank you, Jo- Ace. I had to bail him out of jail and I figured, because his house is a three mile walk from the precinct and we were only a block away from the house, that he should stay the night. And before any of you argue, he's promised to not be mean- wait what are you three doing here this late at night? You should be at home." I explain before scolding them.

"I'm here because... my dads throwing a fit again, and I know I'm safe here... I decided to drag them along with me for the hell of it." Chris explained while pointing at Teddy and Vern.

I nod and tell them to go upstairs and go to bed, Gordie quickly asks if I'm gonna come up to say goodnight to them before they go to sleep. I nod my head in agreement, and my brother runs up the stairs. Before going upstairs, I fill a glass of water and hand it to Ace. He accepts it with a smile on his lips and a quiet 'thank you'.

I go upstairs and see all the boys laying down in odd positions around Gordies room. Gordie hugs me and I kiss the top of his head, he says a quick and quiet goodnight and lays down. Chris gets up and hugs me tightly, thanking me for be there for him. He lies back down after I kiss him on the head too. Vern and Teddy hug me at the same time, while saying goodnight, I tell them all to sleep well and that I would be making breakfast in the morning. After that I left them alone, and they went to bed.

Before going back downstairs, I go to a closet to grab a blanket and some pillows. I almost trip down the stairs, not being able to see the stairs in front of me. I make it down without an accident, and I mentally pat myself on the back.

I place the blanket and pillows on the couch next to Ace. He looks at me and smiles softly, before arranging the comfortable items properly.

"Hey, thanks for tonight. I appreciate. I'll be out of your hair first thing in the morning, I swear." Ace said in an apologetic tone.

"Nonsense, I'm making breakfast in the morning, you should stay and eat something. It would be nice to have someone around my age to talk to, instead of four thirteen year olds." I say with giggle.

"God, I love that giggle. Alright, I'll stay for breakfast. But then I gotta go home and change, and you can't try to convince me to stay later than that." Ace says with a smile and a low chuckle, he whispered the first part, I'm not sure I was meant to hear it.

I nod and wish him goodnight then head back upstairs and go to bed.

(Time skip)

It was morning, I was downstairs in the kitchen making breakfast, I'm already dressed for the day in my blue dress. I was making pancakes, eggs, and bacon. As I was cooking I felt muscled arms wrap around waist, and a head lay on my shoulder. I turn my head slightly and see Ace with a tired almost sluggish look.

"Stop staring at me and watch the food, you'll burn it. Good morning by the way." The boy just a year and a half older than me mumbles tiredly.

I giggle and turn my attention back to the food on the stove in front of me. A few minutes later I hear several pairs of feet trample down the stairs. They stop suddenly and hear I Teddy whisper in disgust.

"It's like seeing your parents being all lovey-dovey, except it's not your dad... it's the milkman." I hear the other boys groan in disgust, Ace breaths a chuckle in my ear.

"Go sit down ya crazy kids, she's almost done making the food." Ace says while standing up straight and letting go of me.

I don't know why, but I felt kinda sad when he let go of me. It was comfortable and warm, a nice warmth. I shake off the thought and finish plating the food, I turn to see Ace, Gordie, and the three other boys who I see as younger brothers waiting patiently. Well mostly, Vern is fidgeting with excitement about food.

I place the plates down in front of them all, Ace is the only one that thanks me. I decided to bring this up.

"You know, I'm kinda sad. Ace is the only one who wished me a good morning, and he's the only one that thanked me for making breakfast. And he's a Cobra, you guys really wanna be worse than a Cobra?" I say with my hands on my hips, and a fake pout on my lips.

They all shake their heads from side to side, and quickly wish me a good morning and they thank me for the food. I respond back with a 'good morning' of my own, and sit down to eat my food as well.

"(Y/n), you always do something different everyday, you always have something planned. What are you doing today?" Gordie asked me curiously.

I looked at him, then at my plate. I was really thinking about this, I look back him and shake my head.

"I actually have nothing planned today. (B/f/n) is sick, and it's a Wednesday so the library is closed. I already tended to the garden when I woke up, and I also already did the laundry... my schedule is completely empty." I respond in an almost sad tone.

"I have a race later today with the boys, why don't you come along, (Y/n)? It could be fun." Ace suggests casually, while eating the food in front of him.

"That sounds like a plan, I think I will. Would you like some coffee Ace?" I say before offering the coffee.

"This might come as a surprise, but I actually don't like coffee, I prefer tea." John- I mean Ace said while chuckling.

"Okay, I'll get you some then."

"I'll have a coffee!" Chris shouted enthusiastically.

"I'm not giving you coffee, you're thirteen. I'll start making you coffee when you turn fifteen." I scold quickly.

After breakfast Ace quickly left saying a 'thank you' and telling me that he'd be back in a bit with his car. The young boys, who I seem to take care of more than their own parents, tell me what they'll be doing today and leave the house in a rush. Once I'm alone I clean up kitchen and the table, and I wash the dishes.

Today already seems to be going quite good, what could go wrong?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
71.9K 3.2K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
777K 28.8K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...