Bail and Overnight

Your POV
It's been a few days since I met Ace, he's actually quite nice. It was late at night when the phone rang, I was about to get up to go answer it when it stopped. Gordie must have picked it up.

"(Y/n), it's for you!" Gordie shouted from downstairs.

I quickly got up went down to take the phone from Gordie. When I took the phone from him, he walked away and sat on the couch to watch tv.

"This is (Y/n), how may I help you?" I ask the person on the other end of the call.

"It's me, Ace. I need you to come down to the precinct and bail me out. I got into a fight at the bar, and you're the only person I could think of to call." Ace said quickly.

"Okay, I'll be down there in—" I saw Gordie about to open a soda. "Gordie put that soda back in the fridge, it is 10 o'clock at night. I don't care if it's summer, put it back. You should be in bed anyway." I say to Gordie, I quickly go back to the phone.

"I'll be there in about ten minutes, how much is bail?" I ask Ace.

"It's... it's 500 dollars. Sorry." He said before hanging up.

I hung up the phone, and rushed to my room. I have a jar full of cash for situations like this. I pull out five hundred dollars then put on some shoes. I don't even change out of my white cotton sleep dress.

As I'm about to leave the house I quickly tell Gordie to go to bed, then I leave the house and speed walk to the precinct.

I get there in record time, but then again I only live a block and a half away. I walk in and approach a woman at the counter.

"I'm here to bail out John "Ace" Merrill." I say calmly.

"It's 500 for bail." She replied in a bored tone.

I handed the money over politely, she accepted the cash and told me to sit down and wait. A few minutes later Ace is walking out with a cop trailing him. I stand up and he approaches me, without saying a word he just hugs me and apologizes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bother you, I swear." He said in quiet whisper.

He slowly sank to his knees his arms wrapped around my waist, his head resting on my sternum. He continued to apologize until I shut him up.

"Stop apologizing, okay? I was just studying, and get up off the floor before you ruin your own reputation." I said with a light giggle.

He looked up at me with a small smile, he got up and hugged me tighter. We walked out of the precinct, and I offered for him to stay the night at my place.

"I couldn't, you've already done so much for me tonight. I'll just go back to my place." Ace said waving me off.

"Nonsense, your house is a 3 mile walk from here. I live a block away, just stay the night. My parents are out of town for the next 2 weeks anyway." I reason.

"What about Gordie? I'm sure he won't be too happy about it." Ace argued back.

"It's one night, I'm sure he won't mind as long as you don't beat him up or bully him while you're there." I explain with a smile.

"Okay, I'll stay the night at your place." He finally agreed.

"Good, because we're already here." I say with a giggle, he didn't even notice that we had been walking to my house.

He shook his head with small smirk, we entered the house and I saw Gordie open a can of soda.

"Gordie, what did I say about drinking a soda this late at night?" I say in stern voice.