Abigail Higgins ||Grown Ups||

By LunasRightfulQueen

Abigail Higgins only shares a couple things with her father: her fierce loyalty to her friends and her taste... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Sequel
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six

Chapter Five

3.6K 59 7
By LunasRightfulQueen

There weren't many people at the Feder's house when we arrived. Just the usual gang.

Greg was still at work so he'd be a little late. While we waited Braden and I played with Becky and Bean. Braden was spinning them around while I laughed and they screamed. 

Eventually, the people started to file in and I was convinced the whole town was here. Someone had turned on some old music that was blaring in the background. I could barely hear myself think. 

Everyone was dancing around and having a good time. I stood with Andre, looking around for Greg. I wondered if I'd ever be able to find him with so many people around.

"Where do you think he is?" I asked Andre as I stood on my tip toes to see over people. "He should be off work by now, shouldn't he?"

"Well, he's either trying to find you, or he's making sure he doesn't look like an idiot in front of you. Either is possible with him." I looked to Andre to find him looking down into an empty M&M bag.

"Yeah....you're probably right." I continued looking around for him.

I heard Andre sigh. "We could go up to the front of the crowd to keep a better eye out for him."

I was already walking when I spoke, "That sounds like a great idea."

When we reached the front of the crowd I began my search for Greg again. 

I looked over the crowd when Andre grabed my arm. "Um, A-Abby."

I shook him off. "Not now, Andre."

"But Abby, it's um, Chloe."

My head snapped to Andre. "Where?" 

He raised a shaking finger to Chloe, a girl who he's had a crush on since his twelfth birthday party when she bought him some Batman stickers.

I looked back to Andre to find him drooling.

I sighed, "Why don't you go talk to her?" I suggested.

Andre turned to me with a terrified expression. "No way." He shook his head.

"Andre," I began, "It's the beginning of summer. It's time to take some risks. If I could talk to Greg you can talk to Chloe. Now go!"

"But-but," He turned back to Chloe. 

"But nothing." I stopped him from saying anything else. "Chloe is super nice, it's not like she's gonna laugh in your face. Besides, I happen to know she kinda, sorta, maybe likes you too." I shrugged.

Andre turned to me in disbelief. "Abbs, if this doesn't work, I'm gonna kill you. And if it does, I'll kiss you."

"No thanks, I got a man." I laughed, "Now go!" I pushed him forward.

Andre began taking tentative steps forward. Before he reached Chloe, he stopped. He straitened out his outfit and began forward again.

She turned when he tapped her on the shoulder. I couldn't see what he said, but a huge smile grew on her face as she laughed. 

I went back to looking for Greg after that. I was standing on my tip-toes trying to get a better view when a voice startled me.

"Hey." 

I jumped and grabed my heart. "Oh my gosh!" I looked over to see Braden. "Oh, hey." 

Braden took a look around. "You looking for Greg?"

"Yeah, I just can't find him." I huffed.

"Do you think he stood you up? I mean, you just say the word and I'll take him down." 

Not gonna lie, I was a little scared by how he said it so seriously....also a little flattered. I laughed, "No, I think we're good considering we're at his house."

"Well that just makes it easier for me if he hurts you."

I turned to Braden, "You know, when I first met you I thought you were a jerk." I informed him, "but now--"

"--Now you realize I'm a jerk with a heart." Braden cut me off.

"Yeah." I laughed. I turned to face him. "I'm really glad you came to visit this summer, Braden."

Braden smiled at me, "Me too."

"And don't worry. There are still plenty of embarrassing stories about me that I can tell you."  I joked. "And there are definatley more to come. I promise."

Braden laughed at me.

"Look who was in the neighborhood!" Someone yelled over the microphone. "Some of Lenny's friends from the old J. Geils Band!" A song that dad likes to listen to a lot started to play live.

Everyone started to clap along to the beat. The song brought back old memories of dad and I dancing through the house while listening too it. About half way through the song dad came over and started dancing with Braden and I. 

The second song the band started to play didn't sound familiar, but we kept dancing to it anyway.

I noticed one of the cops that dropped Braden off at the house today standing on the roof wearing skis. He had a gun in one of his hands.

He shouted, "I am the law!" He started shooting the gun in the sky while he slid down the roof on the skis. He belly flopped into the pool. 

"Ouch." I cringed for him. Then I cheered when he came back up to the surface. I mean, man, he took that like a Champ!

The other police officer, the really tall one, was on the diving board when he yelled, "Can you dig it?!" But when he went to jump on the diving board, the board broke out of the ground and fell into the pool. Taking a Chuck of concrete with it.

"No way!" I gasped in shock. 

The officer sighed in relief and it was pretty obvious he was peeing.

"Come on, big man. Lenny's got, like, twelve bathrooms." My dad said.

"Thirteen." I corrected. Dad pointed to me as if to say 'point and case.'

"I don't got to go to the bathroom. I'm just enjoying the water." He smiled. The chemicals in the pool around him started to turn a dark shade of blue. All the other people in the pool started to scream as they tried to get out of the water. The blue chemicals were growing fast and spreading throughout the whole pool.

​​​​​​We went back to the music and started to dance around again. Braden dragged me all over until he suddenly stopped.

"It's Greg." 

I had forgotten all about Greg while we were dancing.

"Where?" I turned to look.

"There." He pointed.

I looked to see Greg just notice me. He pulled down the sun glasses he was wearing to get a better look at me. I smiled real big when I saw the smile on his face.

"I'll leave you two to it then." Braden said walking away. I barely even noticed. 

I started walking towards him at the same time he did. He tripped over a cord on his way over. The cord came undone and all the music stopped.

A voice singing could be heard throughout the crowd. It was so good as it sung the lyrics to the song. I looked to see it was little Charlotte singing with her eyes closed, the whole party stopped in awe to listen to her.

She opened her eyes and instantly stopped singing in shock. Everyone started to cheer and clap for her as she blushed.

"Charlotte, that was amazing. Where'd you learn to sing like that?" Her father praised.

"No place. I just sing a little in the shower." She laughed with a blush.

"Maybe you should stick to the shower." Bumbty started to rap as his dad started to beat box. "'Cause I gots the power. I'm on Today Show dissing Matt Lauer."

"Bumpty!" Mrs. Mackenzie called. "Do me a favor and shut your mouth before I turned that mohawk into a chin strap."

Bumpty and his family did their infamous high pitched 'what?'

I laughed, then remembered Greg. I started walking over to him.

"There you are causing all sorts of trouble.

Greg turned to me, looking a little nervous, "Uh, yeah. You look...you look amazing." He chuckled nervously.

I blushed, "Thanks, so do you." I looked down to the ground. 

That's when we heard the yell. "You and me are fighting right now. Now let's go! Let's get it over with!"

I shared a look with Greg. "Was that your....dad?" I asked, unsure.

"Yeah...." 

It didn't take long to find him, considering everyone was already gathering around. Greg and I had to push our way to the front of the crowd.

Lenny was in the middle of the large circle with a huge ripped guy, not as big as that police officer, but still big. They were circling around each other.

"Lenny, what's going on? I'm calling the police!" Mrs. Feder yelled out.

The smaller police officer came running up, still wearing the skis. "We're already here!" I couldn't see the larger one.

Lenny and the man in the middle seemed to be talking to each other, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Sucker punch him, Feder!" The officer yelled.

Then, my dad called out, "Lick his bicep. Lick it, bite it, lick the tan off!" I gave my father a weird look.

Usually, I'm a pretty optimistic person, but there was no way Lenny could take this man. No way.

"Let's get busy, Hollywood!" The big guy said. There were a few agreements around the surrounding crowd. 

I looked over to Greg. He wore a worried expression as he watched the scene before him. I looked forward as I grabed his hand with my own, squeezing slightly to remind him I was there. He squeezed back.

Lenny pulled back his arm, ready to aim. The larger man cowered away. "No! Don't hit me, please!" My brows came together in confusion. "I'm sorry. Please don't hit me. You would tear me limb from limb." The man reached up to Lenny's still raised fist. "Let me just open this." He let out a nervous chuckle.

Greg and I shared a look of disbelief.

"The only reason I picked on you was because I was afraid of you." The crowd seemed just as shocked, as 'whats?' went around. Then the man began to cry. I let out a laugh.

"Cavanaugh's crying. This is ridiculous!" 

Something wasn't right here.

​​​​​​"You mean you don't want me to hit you with this?" Lenny moved forward with his fist causing Cavanaugh to cower more.

"No! Please."

"Or the elbow? Finger in the eye? All right, get up. Straighten up." Cavanaugh stood up straight, to be about half a head taller than Lenny, causing him to look up at the big man when he spoke. "I'm not gonna hit you, but if you ever disrespect me or anybody, I will hunt you down, and I will slap you down into a pile of tattoos, bad breath, and back zits. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I understand you." Cavanaugh said quietly.

"Do you understand me?!" Lenny yelled.

"Yes I understand you!" Cavanaugh yelled just as loud.

"Then walk away before I change my mind."

The crowd cheered for Lenny.

I clapped, "Way to go, Lenny!"

The crowd chanted Lenny's name.

Greg let out a disbelieving laugh, "Yes!" 

"Yes!" I said with him. We high-fived. Then he pulled me into a hug.

I smiled at the unexpected interaction.

The moment was interrupted though, by whooping and hollering.

Greg and I broke away from each other to look.

It was the college kids from the Quarry earlier today.

What were they doing here?

A/N: Hey, Lovelies! So, Abigail's story is almost at a close, we officially have one chapter left of this story. Anyways, I hope you guys liked this story. I'd appreciate some comments about what you guys think, such as Abby and Braden's little talk, maybe her and Andre's interaction. What about the little Greg hug scene. I love to hear your guy's feedback! Bye, Lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 7.2K 23
Zaylia Higgins, 18 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins. In many ways she was like her dad. But the thing that brought them together the most, was the...
25.3K 324 11
34.2K 868 13
Elijah Feder-Brooks, the 19-year-old son of Lenny Feder. Father and son share many striking similarities in terms of their personalities and have a m...
2.4K 38 15
Growing up is hard. Especially as a teenage girl. Indiana James is growing up along side her hockey team and her favorite boy Guy Germaine. However...