Chapter Four

After awhile Greg and I went back to the lake house. All the dad's were sitting outside on their chairs. There was a girl with them, sitting next to my dad. She looked to be about 17 or 18. She had blonde hair. Her and my dad were talking. 

I nudged Greg. "Do you know who she is?" I nodded to the girl.

Greg shrugged, "No idea." He squinted at the girl and then looked at me. "She looks a lot like you though."

I thought about that as we got closer, she really did.

"Hey, dad, I said walking up to them, water dripping from my hair. "Who's this?"

My dad shot to his feet. "Abby! My daughter!" He turned to the blonde girl sitting next to him. "This is Abigail. My daughter." He inforned her.

The girl turned to me, and smiled. "Hi, it's so good to meet you!" She held out her hand to shake.

I took it, "Hi, Abigail. His daughter." I introduced myself, laughed and making fun of my dad. "Uh, who are you?"

Our handshake let go. "I'm Sara, your sister."

 ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Dad, Sara, and I were sitting at the island in the kitchen talking. Apparently dad had know Sara existed for the last couple of years, but had no way of contacting her and didn't know where she was.

Sara explained when her mom saw Coach Buzzers obituary in the paper she knew dad would be there. They heard we were staying at the lake house so she decided to come out and see us. Well, dad, Sara had no idea I existed.

After awhile dad had left and it was just Sara and I. We continued to talk about random things. I told her how I came to live with my dad, school and some of my favorite things. Sara told me she was 17 and in her last year of High School. She wanted to be a nurse and would be going to a university next year. She was even interning at a nursing home at the moment. I realised we were very similar, but I thought i detected a mischievous streak in her that I lacked.

She decided it was time to go unpack and so I went off my own way trying to find something to do. Andre and Greg Were playing a video game in the room, so I couldn't hang out with them. That's when I remembered the dads were hanging out on the dock. I decided to go and see what they were up to.

They were fishing and talking. I walked over to them and stood behind Puberty Guy, just listening.

"How did we cheer Robbie up in the old days? A little arrow roulette?"

"Did we really do that?"

"The single stupidest thing we ever did." Puberty Guy said. I'm sure you did a lot of stupid things.

"It was the craziest." Dad agreed.

"Moronic."

"Asinione." I chuckled to myself.

They all dropped their fishing poles and jumped up, startling me. When they saw they were about to trample me they stopped. 

"Abby?" Dad asked. "Oh, well, I guess you can come with us. Lenny grab my daughter!" He shouted as he started to run away.

"What?" Lenny and I shouted in sync. He looked at me helplessly as his friends started to run away, his hands held up as if he didn't know what to do. Then his face changed to an apologetic expression.

"Don't you dare." I warned, pointing at him. He shrugged and threw me over his shoulder and started to run. I let out a small yelp. "Are you kidding me! I can run you know!" I had no idea how he managed to do it. I was small for my age. But he was old! "How are you doing this?!"