Abigail Higgins ||Grown Ups||

By LunasRightfulQueen

Abigail Higgins only shares a couple things with her father: her fierce loyalty to her friends and her taste... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Sequel
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Three

3.7K 73 5
By LunasRightfulQueen

We had been walking around town, thinking of things to do, when Andre mentioned the Quarry.

Braden, being the trouble maker I could already tell he was, wanted to go right away. So, Greg and Andre lead us to the Quarry. I trudged down the small dirt path, behind everyone. Grumbling about how we were gonna get in trouble and how my friends seemingly ditched me for my newly found delinquent of a brother.

When we reached the fence to the Quarry, which was littered with "Keep Out' and "No Trespassing' signs, my brother pointed. "'Keep Out'" He read. "That just makes me wanna not keep out."

I rolled my eyes.

He ducked under an open slit in the fence. Greg and Andre were quick to follow. I stood on the opposite side of the fence as they kept walking. I looked behind me, contemplating on going back, before I sighed and went through the opening. I ran to catch up to them. We were left walking up big rocks.

"Heard our dads used to come swimming here. Back in the day." Andre told Braden. I had heard this too and the fact that our dads were somewhat insane didn't make me feel any better about trespassing. "They claim to be all squeaky clean, but I think they were nuts." After Andre stopped talking, I noticed music playing.

"Do you hear that?" I asked. They nodded.

When we reached the ledge, we peered over. I saw a party going on below. There were kids on rafts in the water, kids dancing on the rocks, jumping into the water, and drinking. I guess they were in college, so older than me. Seeing this many people trespassing here, I didn't feel as nervous. Not this many people could trespass and get in trouble, right? It actually looked like a lot of fun and I kind of wanted to join them.

"College kids." Greg pointed out. "We better go."

Braden stopped Greg by putting his hand on his chest. "No go." He said as he watched the party. "Stay." Braden walked forward and began unbuttoning his shirt. I smiled knowing what he was gonna do. I dropped my bag and walked after him. I kicked off my shoes and pulled my shirt over my head. Then I pulled my socks off. I was now only in my shorts and white spaghetti strapped tank top.

I looked over to Braden and smiled, holding out my hand. He hesitated, but eventually took it and together we ran, jumping off the cliff. I simply did a cannon ball while Braden did a flip. Show off.

We landed in the water with a splash. I stayed under for a little bit, enjoying the cool water around me. When I resurfaced for air I saw Braden floating in the water. I smirked to myself and splashed him. He looked at me like he wanted to kill me. Then he smiled and started splashing me back.

It turned into a mini splashing war, before I called truce. Braden went over to one of the guys with a raft and pulled it out from under him. The guy protested, but quickly shut up when he received a look from my brother.

Braden walked back over to me and handed me the raft. I smiled, "Thanks, brother." Then he went back over to his. I looked to my friends. Greg and Andre were still on the cliff, but now holding beers. I was shocked, I never thought they would drink beer, at least just yet. Then they both turned around and started to pee. My eyes widened as I turned my head away, even though I couldn't see anything.

Braden laughed, holding a thumbs up. "Summertime." The echoes of my laugh followed.

-----------------------

A little after I had gotten out of the pool I was handed a beer bottle. I was hesitant on whether or not I should actually drink any. So, I looked to my friends. Braden was on his fourth or fifth bottle, and Greg and Andre had only half of their's left. So, I took a big breath and took a sip of it.

It was the most disgusting thing I think I had ever tasted. It was bitter and weird. It was even more gross than the dehydrated banana I had that one time. I had only gotten through half it before I started to feel a little light headed, so I decided I had had enough. I grabbed a blue Gatorade and decided to drink that instead.

My hair was almost fully dried when I danced over to Greg and Andre, both were shirtless. "Hey, guys!" I giggled.

"Hey, Abby." Andre said.

"Hey." Greg said oddly.

I looked to Greg and walked over to him. I stood next to him and wraped my arm around his shoulder. I had to stand on my tippy toes to do so.

"You know, Greg, you've been acting weird lately. What's up, buddy?" Looking back on it now, I realized I shouldn't have drunk any of that beer. Andre looked to Greg, then walked away, leaving Greg and I alone...somewhat.

"Uh, n-nothing." Greg stuttered. I dropped my arm from around his shoulders and stood to stand in front of him.

"That doesn't sound like nothing." A frown grew at my features. He starred at me. I started to get a little nervous because he wasn't looking away.

I broke eye contact and looked to the ground. I didn't know what to do or to say. I could still feel his gaze on me. All of a sudden, he gripped my chin and lifted my head up to meet his gaze.

He continued to look at me, with his hand still holding my chin. His eyes traveled my face, the next two words that came out of his mouth, made my stomach flutter. "You're beautiful." He starred into my eyes for a moment, before he started to lean in. My eyes grew wide at the realization of what was happening. I should have been thrilled to finally kiss Greg, but this wasn't how I wanted it to happen. Not here, at a party filled with drunk college students.

Before I could say anything, though, both of our attention was caught by something.

We looked over, Greg's hand dropping from my chin. There was a naked body jumping from the cliff across from us, screaming. I noticed the owner of the body, my best friend's father. Kurt Mackenzie.

I gasped, my hand over my mouth as I watched him hit the water.

What was he doing here? Why was he jumping naked off a cliff?

My thoughts were interrupted by another body jumping off the cliff. This one was another father of my best friend, and the guy I happened to like. Lenny Feder. I looked over to Greg, making sure he wasn't going to throw up. What I saw didn't assure me he wouldn't. I was so confused and I was not ready for what happened next.

Another body came down, this one belonging to the very person who helped create me. My father, Marcus Higgins. I grabed my stomach and looked away, using Greg as a standing stool. I swear, I threw up in my mouth.

I heard him hit the water, it was louder than the others, which concerned me. I heard the crowd grimace and a voice go, "That poor old lady!" If I wasn't about to upchuck everything in my stomach, I would have laughed.

I dared one more look to make sure he was okay, knowing I wouldn't see anything because he was half submerged in water. I wish I hadn't, though because as soon as I did, I saw Eric Lamonsoff jump off the cliff and land right on my father.

I watched as the college boys, still on the cliff, threw off our fathers clothes.

"What the hell just happened?" Andre asked with disgust from behind Greg and I.

"I just saw my dads dick." Greg and I said at the same time. We looked over to each other, all with faces of disgust and shock.

"I think it's time to go," I said. "Let's find Braden."

-----------------

We looked everywhere for Braden, but couldn't find him. So we just went home. We walked in awkward silence until it was time to split up. I decided to just drop what had happened between Greg and I.

I walked down the road till I reached my small, one floor house. I knew my father probably wouldn't be home yet, so I took out my key from my backpack and unlocked my door. I walked into my living room, dropped the key on the coffee table, and walked into the kitchen.

I grabbed an apple and then walked to my room. I had absolutely nothing to do, so I decide to empty out my bookbag, considering the school year was over. I turned on my radio and began throwing away old paper work.

About five minutes later, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, smiling.

I answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey, baby!" Came the cheery voice of my mother, Rose. After she got out of the hospital, my mother went to rehab, then she moved in with my father and I until she got a good job and got enough money for her own place. She was doing good and that made me happy.

"Hey, mom." I smiled, "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing, I just wanted to see how you were doing. Today was your last day, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, it was... interesting. But I've been doing great."

"That's wonderful, Honey!" She laughed. "So...how are things with that Greg boy?" I had told her about my crush on Greg. I chuckled.

"Um, actually something... interesting happened between us today..." I trailed off, brushing some hair behind my ear.

"Oh, interesting, huh? So, what happened?" She asked eagerly.

"Nothing, nothing. It's probably nothing, it'll pass over soon." I nodded.

"Uh-huh, well, just asking, what do you want for your birthday?" She asked casually.

I laughed. "Mom, my birthday isn't for another three months!"

"It never hurts to plan ahead." She defended.

I laughed again, "I don't know, books." I finalized, sitting down on my bed.

"Okay, honey. Books it is. Listen, I gotta go, but I'll call you again soon, okay? And maybe you can spend the night this summer?" She asked hopefully.

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"Okay, I love you sweetie. Bye-bye."

"I love you too, mom. Bye." I hung up and starred at my phone, smiling. I was so happy for her, she had come such a long way.

My phone dinged. I checked it to see a message from Greg. My stomach fluttered. I opened it up.

Greg~

​​​​​​My dad broke Keithy's leg playing football!

I gasped, laughing at how weird my friends were.

Abby~

Is he okay? How's your mom taking it?

Greg~

Yeah, he's got a cast on. He has to wear it all Summer. Mom's pissed.

I laughed again, turning off my phone. Just then I heard the front door open.

A/N: Hey, Lovelies! I hope you liked this chapter. So, we got to see Abbs and Braden's sibling bond grow, what did you think of that? What about the fluff between her and Greg? What did you think of her conversation between her and her mom? Any predictions for the next chapter? I love feedback! Bye, Lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.7K 27
Jayden 'Jay' Feder was the oldest son of Lenny Feder, Hollywood's famous agent. Alice 'Ally' Lamonsoff is the oldest daughter of Eric Lamonsoff. They...
350K 4.1K 41
π‹πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ„ π‘πŽπ’π„- A stubborn grumpy girl, who lost mother when she was just a kid. Soon she finds out she has to move from Australia to America...
9.5K 236 10
-sequel for misguided- Long distance can put strain on any healthy relationship, but can Leslie and Colby fight through it? After she graduates from...
402K 6.2K 26
Aspen Higgins is the daughter of Marcus Higgins and she's just like him. Growing up it was always the two of them. Aspen was never into girly things...