The Queen's king |✔️

By Reha_writes

Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as h... More

Foreword.
• Prologue •
1. Him
2.Her
3. Kingdom Ramapur
4. Royal Dinner
5.The crying princess
6. Princess
7 .The smile
8.The village riots.
9. A New Journey.
10. Yes Brother.
11. Grateful.
12. The Beginning
13. Help.
14. Saved.
15. Butterflies.
16. Happiness.
17. Trouble
18. The search.
19. Found.
20. Healer.
21. A Sacred union of love
22. Our Kingdom.
23. Am I not pretty?
24. Rajmatha Padma.
25. Little Prince
26. Rejection.
27. Queen Chitra
28. Love birds.
♥️ Author's Note ♥️
29. Peaceful days
30. A plan
31. Staggered
32. An Avenge
33. A Queen's duty
34. A tale of betrayal
35. A Rise of War
36. A wrong twist
37. A Goddess
38. Apsara
39. Broken Hearts
40. Princess Nandhini
41. A Ride
❤️ Characters and cast ❤️
42. Blooming Love
43. Village Kalikapur
44. Lost Truths
45. Finding Love
46. Saving Kalikapur.
48. Searching for Princess
49. Mending Love
50. A Happy End
• Epilouge •
Announcement 📣

47. An Instinct.

24K 1.7K 227
By Reha_writes

This beautiful cover above is made by 8888Asmita
Thank you so much love ❤️

* * *

The brief meeting with the village head soon came to a conclusion, it was dead in the night as Chitra and Arjuna were walking back to their hut. Small swirls of the night's wind was circling around them and low distant howls of wolves from the forest could be heard. Chitra was bemused as a strange feeling of uneasiness was gripping her heart about Sridhar, a strong instinct in her was telling her that she should be with Sridhar now. 

Arjuna put his hand over her shoulder and pulled her close to him and Chitra leaned into his warmth, she desperately wanted to go back to the palace, if possible right now but then, she will have to express her motherly feelings towards Sridhar to Arjuna which she  was not sure about receiving a positive response. 

"What is wrong?" He asked curiously, ducking his head down to meet her eyes. 

"Arjuna," Chitra called for him and halted in her spot. No, she can't stay back here safe and warm in her husband's arms while there was a potential threat for her innocent Sridhar.  

"Can we go back to the palace?" 

Arjuna was surprised to hear this sentence from her, Chitra looked absolutely drained and fatigued  starting from their heavy conversations to those cruel sword fights. He expected her to complain about resting but why does she want to go back to the palace? 

"We will Chitra, but tomorrow morning." He said taking her hand in his. 

"No Arjuna, can we leave right now?" 

"Why?" 

Chitra could see the puzzled look on his face hearing her untimely wish. For some unknown reason her heart was almost crying as after a long thought she has accepted the fact herself that she can never adopt Sridhar, so she took a deep breath calming herself as she spoke, "I will explain everything later, please Arjuna." 

"Sure." Arjuna pulled her into an embrace as he heard the shiver in her voice, running a hand through her hair he pressed her tight against him placing a small kiss on her hair.

When Arjuna informed Vikram about their sudden change in the travel plans he didn't even question but instead he looked all ready to jump on his horse. Arjuna suppressed a smile as he saw Vikram packing their stuff enthusiastically, it looks like someone is desperate to have a look at his ugly sister. 

Their return journey began and it was difficult to track the route back because of the pitch dark night, while leaving they had the support of a full moon who showered them with his light but now it was only Rajan's familiarity with these routes which was helping them with going on the right track. 

Chitra leaned back on him huffing lowly as if she had to deal with all the worries in the world, "Ask me, Arjuna. About why I am rushing us all at this late in the night." 

She asked tilting her head to have a look at his face, even the dark night couldn't hide his beautiful features, who said there was no moon tonight? For Chitra, Arjuna is her moon on a dark night, her sun on the gloomiest of days, her everything and without him she is nothing.

Bending forward he crossed his arm above her chest to keep her in place as his horse; Chetak was picking up  speed, almost slicing the invisible wind in front of them.

"For Sridhar?" 

He guessed and Chitra looked surprised, how did he make it out? Can her husband read minds? 

"Why are you looking so shocked? Do you think I haven't noticed the change in your mood the moment that village head mentioned about children?" 

"But Arjuna-" 

"Do not worry, you will soon get to see that little boy, so relax." Saying he pressed a kiss on her cheek and Chitra looked forward elated to know that Arjuna could read her heart, he cares so much about her that he was ready to accept her stupid of stupidest requests. 

After a long pause Arjuna spoke again, "But Chitra, you know right that we can't adopt him? It is not that I do not like Sridhar, he is a bundle of joy  however if we adopt him now, growing up he will have to face the taunts of the commoners about his biological father being a traitor and moreover according to our kingdom's rules a king should never adopt a child." 

 His words broke her heart but Chitra had already expected this answer, he is a king and if he himself disrespects their kingdom's rules then who will respect him? All she needs is Sridhar's safety and happiness. If that is possible, then she is ready to do anything and everything but right now she desperately wants to hold his small frame in her arms and feel his safety.

* * *

Nandhini's sight was blurring slightly as she lay helpless on the ground, her throat and nose felt as if they were on fire. She has underestimated that Apsara, Nandhini's head began to ache thinking about how an intelligent game Apsara was playing. Today early in the morning before any maids could search for her, or notice her missing Apsara went around informing her mother Padmaja saying that Nandhini had left before sunrise for the temple nearby to pray for Vikram's wellbeing. 

As it goes unsaid about Nandhini's over love for Vikram everyone including her mother bought that lie, which means there were no more chances left with her, the maids or her mother won't be searching for her. 

A Few minutes ago Apsara payed her a small visit, she kept blabbering about her achievements and revenge, about how she had to sell all of her precious ornaments a few days ago to place spies around the palace, to keep a track of everyone's moves. 

Though her plan about leaving in the evening was unchanged, she modified the plan about letting Nandhini free as Apsara was planning on stealing a few ornaments from her chambers and selling them.

While leaving she changed the gag in her mouth but Nandhini just realised that this newly stuffed rag in her mouth has been sprinkled with some slow poison. She would be lucky if anyone goes to the temple to cross-check her presence, but just in case if that doesn't happen then she is going to die here and Sridhar will be sold in a slave market. 

* * *

The villages around the palace were extremely busy, nearby markets were heavily crowded with many commoners bargaining actively about their purchases, the bright midday sun seemed to have no effect on them. 

Chitra and Arjuna were behind the palace, entering their fort from the last gate to go unnoticed as much as it was possible. Their harsh nights ride was taking a toll on everyone, she herself was feeling weak, but the second Chitra stepped inside she was determined that  if the situation went by her way, she will slash Apsara's head and dump her body away from their kingdom, how dare she lie to her and turn her against her husband? 

The guards immediately recognised who was walking by and bent their heads paying their respects. 

Vikram and Rajan were quitely following them behind and Chitra stopped and turned around.

"Vikram, go to Nandhini and inform her about our arrival and tell her that I have requested her presence." Vikram nodded his head listening to Chitra's firm commanding voice and just when he was about to leave, Chitra called him once more, "Also, make sure Sridhar remains in his chambers." 

"Rajan, march to the royal chambers which were allocated to princess Apsara and drag her out to the royal hall with the help of female guards." 

"What is happening, Chitra?" Arjuna asked furrowing his eyebrows slightly confused as he was not understanding what his wife was trying to do.  Her tired state has shifted to the one of an angry tigress in fraction of seconds

"Arjuna," She held his hands as she spoke,"It was Apsara who lied to me about our child's loss and because of her you had to suffer, our already existing pain got amplified. I have once promised to myself that I will never let you down, but because of her, I had to break my promise and above all, you had to undergo a lot of pain and torment where as you were innocent." 

Saying she placed her hand on his cheek as her beautiful eyes glimmered with unshed tears, her shining eyes held a rage of betrayal and anger which can burn down anyone to ashes with just a look and Arjuna knew just looking in her eyes, she will never calm down until and unless that Apsara is punished.

"And I will not let her enjoy the palace life peacefully as if she has not done any crime, as if she had not destroyed our lives. She will be punished and that too by me." 

-------

Will Apsara be caught in time? Will Nandhini be saved?

Don't forget to comment your views about the chapter ❤️❤️

The next update will be around in this week so make sure you follow me to get the notification and updates about the book!!

Come on now! Press this tiny star and show your support to our queen Chitra! 🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 9K 57
Everyone always talks about the king and his love who is mostly the second wife, but no one thinks about his first wife. The one who suffers and go t...
14.3K 756 19
What will happen when a feisty and independent girl gets stuck in a place where people are after her life and are adamant on snatching her freedom, c...
588K 55.8K 47
"𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙢. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪,𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙞�...
955K 46.7K 42
Vrishali was popularly known as the life of the party. She had a natural ability to make friends with anyone she met. Everyone adored her, and she ha...