Her Son

By lilweffle

Nagisa is your average fourteen-year-old boy, like any other you'd find walking down the street. Or at least... More

Elevator Manners

Something Was Off

543 6 0
By lilweffle

Nagisa was walking home today, like most days. For the past few days it's been unbearable hot, but now the weather was just right, breezy and even. A fine day to walk. He had considered getting a snack, but his phone had unfortunately died and he didn't want to face the consequences of coming home a bit too late without notifying his mother.

Nagisa approached his house and nearly fell flat on his face due to a crack in the walkway leading up to his house. If it weren't for his new assassin reflexes he would have, but he was more concerned about the fact that he didn't remember it being there before.

He shrugged it off. It was just a crack, but his toe was stubbed pretty bad and it hurt. It wasn't broken but hurt nonetheless.

He soon reached the door with a groan for his toe, and found it to be locked. This was strange because the door was often unlocked for his arrival. It wasn't locked all day but before his mom left for work, which was just a bit before he got home.

Nagisa got his keys from his bag begrudgingly and unlocked the door. If the door was locked then she must be home. She's had moments where she forgets to go to work, or perhaps it was that she did not care enough.

She done this at least five times, he was surprised she hasn't lost her job. If it weren't for her ties she wouldn't have it.

But whenever the door was locked Nagisa knew she'd be there, and he knew she'd be in the mists of one of her outbursts.

It's been like that ever since the news broke. Nagisa's father, and Mrs. Shiota's ex-husband had recently remarried about a year back.

Mrs. Shiota wasn't angry, and she certainly was out right crazy at that time, she was just upset. She'd get lost in thought, or randomly cringe or grimace solemnly.

But that's not what drove her off the deep end.

What has made her the more impulsive nervous reck that she is today was the fact that her ex's new wife had recently given birth.

...to a baby girl.

The thing she wanted most in life, what she's longed for, and prayed for in the night. What she had pretended to have,

And to add insult to injury the name they have officially given to their newborn is Inari. One of the top names on her list for a little girl of her own. It said so on the list of girls' names on the refrigerator that was hung up in Nagisa's face... Every. Single. Day.

Inari was #4 on her list.

Nagisa saw this as a fresh off the brain incident. Since the name list had been sitting up there for so long, maybe the name was just fresh in the mind.

His mother thought otherwise. She saw this as a direct attack, some plot to spite her, to disrespect her. It made her genuinely angry he could tell. But it's not like he could do anything about it, speaking out against his mother was a death sentence, especially when she in such a bad state of mind.

Nagisa was certain that she was an undiagnosed something he just didn't know what. Based off of her 0 to 100 reactions.

Nagisa huffed before actually opening the door. He did so as quietly as possible so he could sneak by and hopefully go unnoticed.

He caught a glimpse of her for a moment, she was in the living room backed turned. This was a good time to sneak off.

...but something was off. Some was very wrong. So wrong that his enhanced fight or flight responses were kicking in.

He chose flight.

Nagisa quickly but quietly attempted to sneak pass to his room leaving the door wide open,

He was nearly successful but then an unnaturally sweet voice crawled up his spine and made him freeze in fear. A fear only his mother could hide within him, like he was a scared child once again.

"Nagisa~. Come here, sweetheart." Her word were singsong and taunting, an empty welcoming tone.

Nagisa turned around but hesitated to move forward. She had not been looking at him, but once the pause had become too long for her standard her head snapped towards him to reinforce her authority.

"Nagisa~..."

Nagisa approached his mother fearfully avoiding her gaze. He stood before her stiffly and waited for her to speak.

"Good boy," She said with a content purr. She petted him in appreciation but it soon turned into stoking. She let his hair down to it's full length, and continued to stroke it now in longer strides, "oh Nagisa, you have such beautiful hair, so soft and well kept. My hair wasn't quite as lovely when I was your age."

It was clear that the older woman was stressed, she often petted his hair when she wasn't in the best place.

She twirled a strand in her fingers gently as the other hand caressed his face, "and such beautiful skin too, you've been taking care of it. Such a good boy. I bet all those young alphas are just breaking there neck to catch a glimpse of you, you're just so beautiful."

Nagisa stayed still but his eyebrows furrowed as his entire face contorted in a cringe expression.

His mother seemed to notice. She let out a soft laugh and put her fingers through his hair right past the glands of his head, "it is nothing to be ashamed of, dear. It is natural for a young omega like yourself."

Nagisa did not appreciate the flaunting of his new found biology. They had only just found out and the realization was still hitting hard. He'd always thought he was a beta, like most people. It was much too soon to be cheerful over the change considering he was not yet comfortable with the idea. It was a big change after all. He could no long just be normal, he'd have opportunities with this new change but also hardships.

It seemed inappropriate to bring up to topic with such a joyful attitude when he himself had not decided how he felt about the situation. It'd take him awhile to decide whether or not this was good or bad news, or if it effected him at all.

But he wouldn't share this concern with his mother, he wouldn't dream of it.

His mother hummed as she continued to pet his gland with more attention, "have I ever told you how badly I've wanted a girl."

Nagisa nodded hesitantly, the answer was yes it would always be, but the way she asked the question was different, it was in present text in comparison to how'd she'd say it in past tense before. Subconsciously he felt like he should answer differently because the question was altered, but he knew it was the same question he had always been given. And it had the same answer every time.

"I'd fantasize about little dresses and dolls and shirts every night, Nagisa." This also caught the boy off guard. Her sentence was pointed at him directly, but the woman before was distant, off in some fantasy somewhere. At this point she'd usually just ramble about the things she'd get to do with a girl, sigh, give him fake reassurance and send him on his way, but today was different, something was off.

She kept a tight yet gentle grip on him, when she was on these rants she tried to keep him as distant from him as possible, looking away from his boyish face and just petting his long hair. But now she was holding on to him with her hand, she couldn't keep her mind distant from him if she was touching him. But even the way she held on was off, like she was anchoring herself to reality with the contact.

But what was really putting the teenage boy on edge was the raw desperation in her voice.

"...But you are my son. My sweet omegan son. You are just as good if not better!"

Nagisa flinched slightly, and he quickly snapped his head back to look at her face in shock. She was looking directly at him, her eyes shaky and her breath hitched.

Nagisa instantly shrunk back into himself going back to looking at the floor.

"Do you know how rare male omegas are. There are only seven others in this city.  And you being the youngest of them all. Do you know how valuable you are." She continued her face in awe of the boy. She held his cheek so carefully, and lovingly, he could not help but melt into it. He had not felt such care in years.

Nagisa flashed his eyes towards the only mother he had ever known, she was still looking him over with utter joy and excitement. He'd never had so much positive attention from her, none that had been solely based off of him being himself.

And then it hit him.

This wasn't normal. Something was off, something wasn't right.

"I'm sure all the alphas will be lining up just for you."

Nagisa step back instinctually, a fearful look plastered on his face, "What is that supposed to mean."

Mrs. Shiota blinked in surprise at the coldness in his voice, she didn't expect her perfect little boy to pull away from her, but she shook it off with a sugary sweet smile knowing that it was only natural for a young teen to be inquisitive, "this can be a new start for us, Nagisa. We'll all be a perfect family."

Nagisa's gaze hardened and his brows furrowed, "What are you talking about?"

He watched as his mother sat down with her high pitch, porcelain perfect sigh. She motioned for him to sit next to her, but he did not, this made her gaze focus emptily on him.

"Nagisa I only want what's best for our family-"
She started to no avail.

"What. Did. You. Do." Nagisa's voice was firm and intolerant of any excuses.

Mrs. Shiota straightened herself up, "I've set up an appointment for you at a match maker-"

Nagisa's eyes widened, "What!? Why!?-"

The older woman put up her hand as if to put the boy on hold, "after your recent registry as an omega you've been eligible to carry."

True fear spiked in Nagisa's scent, it thickened the already tense atmosphere.

His mother's cold expression changed into a sympathetic one, "there is nothing to fear dearest, I will give you the upmost care and attention. You will be as comfortable as possible, I'll make sure of that."

The fear only strengthens as it becomes increasingly possible for his mother may be completely serious, "w-why..." was the only thing that could escape his now dry mouth.

"I just want a little girl Nagisa, just one! I don't care if I'm her mother or not, I just need a little girl in our family!" he knew his mother to be a little out there, yes, bu the woman before him had gone way farther than he had ever seen his mother go. So far in her illusions to fall so deep in her own lies, so far in desperation that she reeked of it, her eyes were crazed and her smile was crying out for a miracle.

Nagisa stared in pure disbelief, and shock, "Mom, please think about this before you do anything brash, I don't-"

"I've been thinking about for a long time, Nagisa... I haven't gone a day without thinking about it, Nagisa! Don't understand that?!"

Nagisa flinch at the sudden raise in tone, reasoning wasn't directed enough.

After a few shivery huffs, Mrs. Shiota seemed to get herself together, "there is no need to be afraid, Nagisa. You are a strong young boy, and your caring, attentive mother will be with you through everything step of the way."

Nagisa again paused blankly trying to understand what was going on. He then grasped the sides of his head, holding on for dear life as his eyes welded up with fat heavy tears. The realization that she was serious was settling in, "I...- I'll have to drop everything. School, my friends,... ???Koro Sensi???..." Nagisa breathed in a similarly shaky fashion as he began to silent cry in anguish.

"No, no, no, darling. You won't have to drop a thing, I'll make sure of it. You won't need to worry, son, school will continue as normal, we can set you up with online learning should you feel overwhelmed, and if you end up falling behind than I'll hire you a tutor and you'll be in a better place than you were previously." In her madness she further attempted to justified her her insane intentions with the thought out plans for the future. This really was something she had thought about.

Nagisa continue to panic and mumble to himself absentmindedly, "...What will everyone think of me when I show up pregnant? How will this effect our reputation? I can't raise a baby!"

His mother managed to get closer while he was unaware too focused in his panicking, "Nagisa, hush dear, you're exerting yourself. I promise you that everything will be alright. This is a normal practice for young omegas like yourself. Most leave school early and are already getting married and settled with a baby to start family packs at your age. There is no need to worry about standing out. And if you're worried about your friends' reaction to you're omegan nature than maybe they aren't your real friends."

This made Nagisa shudder, it was this kind of manipulative statements that made the teen boy question himself. He felt small and weak, a perfect time for his mother to pick up the pieces and "fix" him. Nagisa began to cry as soon as she said it, she had successfully broken him and now she would dangle the comfort he so desperately needed comfort above his head until she got what she wanted. She has already won.

"But I am here for you, Nagisa. I am your mother and I will be here for such a delicate time in your life." She said as she rubbed his back in a slight attempt to console him as he sobbed into her shoulder.

Never mind all the mental damage this cruel experience could have on her son, or all the flaws in the plan. Never mind that the child could end up being a boy.

She has won.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 58.9K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
499K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
190K 10K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
700K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...