Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

7.

14.2K 918 244
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
SEVEN:

Jungkook's heart couldn't stop beating. He did everything he could. Like take ten deep breaths, take a puff of his inhaler, and try to distract himself by looking at the beautiful landscape all around him. And it didn't help that it was below freezing. So his whole body was near the checkpoint of, "shutting down."

"Now students, I'd like you guys to go to your rooms, get settled in, and have this whole day to explore, and take rest because starting from tomorrow the workload will a lot. Now, Sally will hand you guys your keys, so that's the first thing I want you to do. Get in a line and get your keys. Then settle in, and then you're free to do whatever you want. The teachers cabin is over on that side, feel free to ring us on the school number or knock on our door if you ever need any help, after hours. And please everyone, let's all be responsible and mature."

Mrs. Wilson heads over to the rest of the teachers and starts talking to them. Everyone begins to shuffle over to Sally and Susan to get their keys. Jungkook watches Taehyung walk past him to stand right at the back of the line with Jimin, Yoongi and Namjoon. Sighing, Jungkook looks over to the girls line, and sees Wendy talking to the girl beside her.

No one's standing beside Jungkook, and no one's willing to make an effort to talk to Jungkook. The cherry haired boy sighs, and looks down at his shoes, waiting for his turn to get his keys.

"Nice hair."

Jungkook turns around and sees his classmate Wonho, smiling at him with a toothy grin. Jungkook's eyes brighten, "thank you! I was worried it was too bright," Jungkook said sarcastically. Wonho chuckles, folding his arms, his muscles flexing. Jungkook visibly drools but before Wonho realises that Jungkook's mouth was wide open like an animal in thirst for water, he laps up all the drool and smiles again.

"I mean, I respect you for that, it was pretty brave of you," Wonho shrugs, his smile being infectious, which makes Jungkook's smile even bigger. Laughing, Jungkook leans forward slightly, "Wendy had to practically tie me down and force the hair dye on me."

"I mean, I'm glad you did it. It makes you stand out more," Wonho reaches out to touch a piece of Jungkook's hair. He was gentle, and twirls it softly between his long fingers, making sure to not touch Jungkook, he was also respectful, which Jungkook found himself drawn into.

Jungkook blushes when he says, "it makes you look even more cute." Wonho's hand goes back to his own side as he scans Jungkook from top to bottom. Jungkooks cheeks heat up, turning redder than they were before.  Jungkook's wasn't used to any attention like this, especially since no one was ever interested in him.

Wonho smiles up at Jungkook and Jungkook finds himself losing his thoughts to that cute smile of Wonho's.

"Jungkook? They're calling you."

Jungkook is dragged back to reality when he hears Sally calling him over. Jungkook apologizes to Sally and Wonho and moves forward, the blush on his check still evident. That's so embarrassing, he thought, smiling at Sally as he steps forward.

"Hi! Can I have your name and your room number?"

Nodding, he answers, "Jeon Jungkook and my room number is C12."

Sally hums in response, looking for Jungkook's name on the notebook she had. Shifting the book, she allows Jungkook to see, "let me know when you see your name."

Leaning in, he squints his eyes, trying to find his name on the list. After a minute of searching, he finally finds his name, "oh there it is," Jungkook points out. Sally nods and hands him a key, "so Jungkook, if you follow that line, you'll find your room very quickly. Feel free to grab your suitcase and have fun settling in."

"Thanks!"

Jungkook quickly walks over to the area where the teachers where laying out all the suitcases, he immediately finds his luggage, and tries to haul it to his room as soon as possible. But before he could even go inside, Wendy ushers him over.

"So you and Wonho, huh?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows. Jungkook rolls his eyes, a slight smile on his lips, he slight nudges Wendy, "stop it! We were only talking." Which was true, Jungkook didn't think much of the conversation he and Wonho had, other then some classmates talking in a boring line because they had nothing better to do.

"Oh don't give me that! You practically wanted to jump his bones...I mean who wouldn't?" Wendy mumbles, sneaking a long glance at Wonho, who was talking to Sally, unaware that Jungkook and Wendy were talking about him. "Wendy!" Jungkook says, a stern tone in his voice.

Wendy raises her hands in defeat, "alright! Alright! But seriously, I seen the way you leaned into his aura, laughing. And how he played with your hair! He's so totally into you," Wendy says, wiggling her eyebrows at Jungkook again. Jungkook flicks her forehead, "just because you see me talking to someone, doesn't mean they're automatically interested in me Wendy."

Kissing her teeth, Wendy shakes her head, "if it was like that, there'd be about more than a gazillion people with crushes on you. But he's so–"

Jungkook slaps his hand over her mouth, and she immediately quietens down. "Listen, if you do think that, then shouldn't we let nature run its course, and not create a list of situations that aren't true," Jungkook begins, looking at Wendy seriously, "I feel like that is what you're doing right now, creating fake scenarios in your head...is that what you're doing?"

He doesn't remove the hand around Wendy's mouth, but he sees a small nod in response. Jungkook rolls his eyes and moves away from Wendy, and she immediately licks her lips. "Wendy, I got to go okay...I'll meet up with you later."

On Jungkook's way in, he bumps into Wonho again, "oh hey! Sorry for that," Jungkook mutters before trying to walk past him. But he stops in his tracks when Wonho says, "it's okay...I'll see you around Jungkook." Jungkook turns to Wonho with a small smile, "yeah...I'll see you around."

The cherry haired boy hears high pitched squeals from outside and he just laughs a little, ignoring Wendy's screaming.

------

Jungkook pushes in his key, but it jams, and doesn't twist any way. Left, right, up and down. Jungkook kicks the door with an angry groan, "why?" He yells out, recieving looks from ongoing passers. But he ignores them, and takes a deep breath. Jungkook takes out the key, and pushes it in again, twisting it about. When he doesn't hear the satisfying “click” his anger resurfaces, and he kicks the door again.

"It's not a vending machine Jeon."

Jungkook's eyes widen when he hears him. Fuck, this was the last thing Jungkook wanted. He didn't want to have any run ins with Taehyung. Although sooner or later, he knew that the two would be bumping into each other often, he didn't expect it to be the first day.

"Yeah well, it doesn't open," Jungkook says, very timidly. The cherry haired boy mentally scolds himself for being so quiet. Taehyung looks at Jungkook with an inquisitive sheen in his blue eyes.

He gets out his own key, taking out Jungkook's and handing it over to the boy who looked like a scared bunny.

Jungkook's eyes stare at Taehyung's hand, that was holding his key tightly, he hesitates when Taehyung ushers the key over to him. Jungkook's heart jumps out of his chest as his own hand reaches up.

Why Jungkook was so scared? Only God knows.

A type of fire erupts all over his small body when his fingers meet with Taehyung's hand. Taehyung acts like he doesn't see it but he sees Jungkook flinch away like he just touched a hot stove.

Gently Taehyung pushes the key in and barely twists it, soon the door unlocks and opens, revealing a very simply laid out room. Two beds, two drawers, a mirror, a window and a light.

Jungkook had never felt more on edge in his life than this moment.

Slowly, he picks up his luggage, watching as Taehyung enters the room, looking around, trying to get familiar with the surroundings. Soon, Jungkook always walks in, following Taehyung. He quickly walks over to the bed placed in the left corner of the room, whereas Taehyung walks over to the right, and throws himself onto it.

Immediately, the small boy starts to unpack, also trying to get used to the unfamiliar surroundings he was in. Jungkook had never been away from home, and already, he was starting to miss his parents.

He finishes unpacking, and sits on his bed with a heavy sigh, looking over to Taehyung's bed, he sees the the large boy barely fit the bed, his feet hanging over the edge...and he was already fast asleep. A small smile creeps onto Jungkook's face when he sees the blue eyed boy sleeping with the pillow held tightly to his chest, mouth open, and soft snores coming from him.

It felt just like old times.

But Jungkook knew that it wasn't. It was never going to be the same. So much had gone on in their lives for this moment. Jungkook was going to spending one whole month living with the boy he couldn't forget about for ten years straight. Why? Why had fate done this to Jungkook? What was the point? Jungkook knew that no matter how much he missed Taehyung over the past few years, he would never get the boy back.

So how was he going to survive?

Today, Taehyung had spoken to Jungkook nicely for the first time in years. And it was weird. It wasn't something that Jungkook was used to.

Jungkook sighs again, and grabs his jacket. He and Wendy planned to meet up after they unpacked. Jungkook quickly puts away the rest of clothes and wears his jacket, he takes one last look at Taehyung, and heads out.

When Jungkook sees Wendy, she comes running over to him, almost jumping on to him, "Jungkook! Are you okay? Has he done anything to you? Do you want to switch partners with anyone?" Seeing Wendy so worried made Jungkook's smile reach his ears, "relax Wendy, it's only been like ten minutes and he was asleep for nine of those minutes."

She sighs, looping her arm around his, "you know, you don't have to stay with that overgrown asshole. You can tell Mrs. Wilson about you guys and then you can sleep peacefully." Jungkook puts his hand in his pockets, trying to steer away from the cold weather.

"I don't know Wendy...maybe do you think that this is a good thing?" Wendy stops in her tracks, staring up what Jungkook, "what do you mean?" She asks apprehensively.

Shrugging, Jungkook turns to her, "I spent ten years wanting to get some closure from what happened. I know it's silly but maybe I could talk to Taehyung, get him to understand how he hurt me and how I felt about it. Maybe, all along, I waited ten years for this moment."

Wendy sighs, not knowing what to say, "Jungkook, you couldn't talk to him when you were children, what makes you think that he's going to understand you now... Just two minutes ago he didn't even want you sitting next to him."

Jungkook was at a loss for words. Wendy was right. Taehyung did nothing but disrespect Jungkook, even when Jungkook was the nicest he could be to the blue eyed boy.

But the fire that erupts when Taehyung looks at him. The dizziness that Jungkook gets when Taehyung speaks. The butterflies that Jungkook gets when Jungkook thinks about Taehyung...that must have meant something...

Right?

------

I literally...love reading all of you guys comments. Literally I could be having a bad day, and then read a comment and then all of a sudden my mood changes. And this is why i update a lot, because seeing your comments make me want to update. So thank you!

And y'all, please let me know your opinion on Jungkook's situation with Taehyung. Oop- xD
- vote and comment !!

Also, thank you for 500 reads! It's all you guys! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 881 17
Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung are college students from different worlds. Taehyung is the captain of the basketball team and Jungkook never really l...
1.5M 67.9K 37
"I, Kim Taehyung, Alpha of Red Cresent pack, reject you, Min Jungkook, as my mate." Min Jungkook. Some may describe him as an innocent bunny. Many ad...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
30.6K 1K 21
No one expects a winner from an outlying district. Their district partners are weak. They have no sponsors. No strong allies. Some don't even have me...