Love Me If You Can

By Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 18

3.1K 212 36
By Asia_Denise_

Delondon's P.O.V

1 year and 6 months later

"Ok and that's all to it. Now you are officially a part of the family" I said opening a bottle of champagne. Cheers erupted from the small group of people in my office. I smiled happy that I had secured another million-dollar client.

"Thank you, De," Chris said pulling me into a hug. "He needs a solid person like you on his team".

"No thank you, you brought client to me" I said smiling. Chris label has been nothing but successful. He's signed a few artists and they all are making big moves. Once Chris's popularity as a music producer began to grow, he hired me as his publicist and has sent referred a lot of artist in his label to me and even the ones that he's only worked with. The artist I just signed was one of the ones on his label talent kid, only 19 yrs. old and he's making money and, on his way, to being a super star. Because of Chris, many of clients now consist of young entertainers. Don't get me wrong I still have some older politicians and business owners under my belt, but the entertainment money is there.

"Because you're the best De" he said. I smiled. I loved what I did. I loved all of my clients.
"You're coming to my party tonight" he asked.

I made a face "ehh I'm not sure" I said. I really didn't hang out with my friends as much as before. After things popped off with Micah and I, I just submerged myself in work. Working tirelessly around the clock to keep my clients happy and obtaining new clients. In just one year if being at this company I've worked my way up to the top spots and could possibly become partner. Any time Kimberly Waters can't take on a new client, she always refers them to me. She's been a friend and huge mentor to me. I thought maybe she would have been upset with me once she got word that Micah no longer wanted me to work for him but instead she asked me about it and was very understanding, thus opening the door for us to have such a close relationship.

"Come on De, we barley see you and Amor would be so happy to see you. She says she seen you in like 4 months" Chris said. I nodded my head. He had a point but I mean it's his birthday and I just don't want to run into Micah. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since that night.

"I would come but you know I'm not trying to run into your boy" I said sighing.

"He probably won't even be there. I invited him but he's out of time and said he may not be back in time. Even if you don't stay the whole time, just come through and show your face. I see you because we work together but the others miss you" he said pleading. Chris is normally very nonchalant, I know he's really asking on behalf if Amor because I see him a few times a month.

"I may come through for a few hours" I finally said, only because it's Chris birthday. He smiled.

"Amor is going to be so happy to see you, Thanks De" he said hugging me once more. I laughed and we went back to enjoying the small celebration in my office. It was only 9:30 a.m. but that didn't stop the champagne from flowing.

Shortly after the celebration was over, I went back to work checking my calendar and organizing things dealing with my clients. My Fridays were pretty relaxed. In fact if it wasn't for me signing a new client, I would have worked from home today. I was in the mist of checking my emails when there was a small knock on my door.

"Come in" I said without looking up.

"Hey girl, Kane is here" my assistant Nicky said. I smiled.

"You can bring him in" I said. A minute later Kane walked in with a dozen of roses.

"Hey beautiful" he said walking towards my desk. I blushed.

"Hey handsome, what brings you by" I asked getting up from my desk and walking over to him. He pulled me into his arms and I could have just melted. Kane always smelled so good. He was a big man. 6'8, 400 pounds and get this he was a successful business owner and in school to be lawyer.

"I just came by to see my beautiful baby and to take her to lunch" he said leaning I for a kiss. It was just a small peck, but I wanted more. I pulled his face back towards my lips before he could fully pull away. Once I pulled a way I smiled at him. "Alright now girl, keep playing" he said smacking my ass. I laughed.

"I actually am free for lunch" I said gathering my things. I had planned on leaving early today anyway, so why not grab lunch with my honey. I meet Kane about 5 months ago, it was right around the time I was beginning to become happy in life again. The first month I really didn't pay him any mind because I was still working on myself but he was being so consistent that I couldn't help put give him a chance and we've been happy every since. The relationship is still relatively new and we're still getting to know each other though. Once I had all of items, I headed out my office locking the door behind me. "Hey Nicky, I'm leaving for the day. Once you file the papers for the new clients, you can leave as well. If anyone calls before you leave, take a massage if it not an emergency and I'll get to it Monday. Set the voice mail to the second greeting and I'll see Monday at 1" I said to my assistant.

"Ok have a nice weekend" she said. I said my goodbyes to her and was lead to Kane's G wagon. I loved this car so much. I think it's the next one I'll by. I've been working like crazy these past 18 months and my savings was looking too nice. I broke down about 6 months ago and finally bought a new car, it was a brand new range rover and I was looking to by a house. I've think I've outgrown my current place both financially and physically.

"So how was your day babe" Kane asked, as he got into the driver side of the car.

"It was good actually. Didn't do much but sign my new client" I said as if it was nothing.

"I hate when you do. Come one babe this is something to celebrate, I'm so proud of you. Let's do dinner tonight too" he said. Kane was always getting on to me because he felt like I downplayed my accomplishments too much. He has to understand that for a year straight I was basically keeping to myself, so celebrating my accomplishments was something I rarely did.

"Yea I know babe but you know me I've gotten used to not celebrating these things" I said rolling my eyes. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I know babe but it's ok we're going to get you used to celebrating these things...starting tonight" he said looking at me. I smiled. He was so thoughtful. I was about to say ok but then I thought back to the conversation I had with Chris this morning.

"That's so sweet baby but today is one of my friend's birthday and I think I'm going to stop by to his party for a few hours tonight" I said sighing. I really didn't want to go but I knew I needed to see my friends, plus I never go out anymore. Before Kane came along it was just me in my apartment sipping on some whine and now it's me trying to get Kane to try different whines with me.

He laughed a little "and why does it sound like you don't want to go" he asked. I never really told Kane why I had become a loner and today wasn't the day I was going to tell him.

"Just used to being by myself" I said keeping it short.
"You so damn anti" he said shaking his head. I shrugged my shoulders. "Well how about this, I drop you off, that way when you're ready to go I can just swing by and get you and you can use me being your ride as an excuse to leave. Plus, you can drink a little and let your hair down" he said. I thought about for a moment and agreed.

After another 5 minutes of being in the car, we pulled to a restaurant that I had been craving for lunch. I smiled. He does these little things like remembering small details from our conversations. Once we had lunch he took me back by the office so I could get my car and then he headed back to work. Deciding the pamper myself for the remainder of the day I went and got a mani and pedi. Once that was done I went back to my place and decided to take a little nap before it was time to get ready for this party.

I woke up to my phone ringing "hello" I answered. I quickly removed the phone from my ear when I heard squealing. I groaned before I rolled over to get out the bed. I put the phone back to my ear once I didn't hear all the noise.

"Chris said you're coming to his party tonight. Bitchhhh I can't wait to see you" Amor saod through the phone. I laughed slightly. Well there goes my chances of cancelling. My sis way to excited to me, so I know I can't cancel on her now.

"Yes I'm coming and I can't wait to see you either pooh" I said. I was now wide awake and was looking for something to wear. I wanted to be cute but still comfortable.

"We're getting last minute things from the liquor store. What are you drinking on tonight" she asked.

"Get me some patron, my man like when I'm off that silver" I said laughing. She laughed too.

"Ok sis I heard that. Is he coming I want to meet this new guy" she said. Of course she does. I know it's killing her that I've been in this relationship for, four months and she has yet to meet him.

"Well he's dropping me off tonight, so I don't have to worry about not getting to drunk to drive, so I can tell him to stop in for a few and meet everybody" I said still going through my closet.

"Ok honey, I'm looking forward to seeing him" she said. I laughed and told her that I would see her in a few hours. We hung up and I started to get ready. I settled on some slightly ripped jeans and an off the shoulder sweater. It was started to be a little cool outside at night fall. I slipped on some uggs and was in the middle of doing my make-up when Kane texted me to open the door. I opened the door for him and tried to walk back into the bathroom but he grabbed my waist.

"Bring your fine ass here" he said pulling me closer to him. I laughed. This man gives me butterflies.

"You looking to good, I might have to stay at this party with you the whole time" he said sucking on my neck. I slightly pushed him away.

"Stop, I need to finish my make-up and I do want you to come in for a minute or two, Amor wants to meet you" I said walking back into the bathroom. I could hear Kane sit down on the sofa.

"OK That's fine with me" he said. I finished my make-up and added a few loose curls to my hair, which was a wig. I sprayed my favorite perfume on and was ready to walk out the door.

"I'm ready bae" I said tapping his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and lead me out the door and down the stairs to his car.

"You look so good, a nigga just want to eat you up" he said licking his lips. I laughed.

"Just have that same energy when you come pick up" I said winking at him.

"Girl don't make turn this car around" he said faking like he was about to do a u-turn. He so silly.

It didn't take but about 5 minutes to get to Amor and Chris's place. Before we hung up the phone she told me that they would be in the backyard so to just come one back. I walked in the back yard and was meet with Amor running up to me.

"Deeeeeeeeeeee" she screamed as she wrapped her arms and legs around me. I struggled to not drop her but that didn't stop me from hugging her back. I haven't seen her in about 4 months.

"Amor, baby I've missed you" I said putting her down. We just stood there smiling at each other like idiots. I could see her looking at Kane. "Amor this is my boy friend Kane and Kane this is my best friend Amor" I said introducing the two.

"Hey, how are you" Kane said reaching out to shake her hand.

"Gentleman" she said smiling and giving me a look. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

"Come on let me introduce you to everybody else" I took Kane hand and walked around the backyard introducing him to all of my friends. I had just introduced him to Tonio and a very pregnant Amber when everything in the party got quiet all of sudden. Confused I frowned a little. The music was still playing but nobody was really talking. I looked at Tonio who was giving me a look. Finally deciding to look and see what everyone was looking at. I turned to see Micah walking through the gate with a couple cases of beer. My heart stopped. I was frozen.

"Awe man, That's Micah Curry, he got that show on ESPN" Kane said looking as well. I rolled my eyes. I forgot this nigga was kind of like a celebrity.

"I'm going to get me something to drink. I'll see in a few hours babe" I said giving him a small peck.

"OK, it was nice to meet you all and congratulations again" Kane said to Tonio and Amber. They smiled and told him by. I watched Kane walk passed Micah and out the gate, Micah eyes followed Kane as well and then they came back to me, I immediately I walked into the house where the liquor was. I took three quick shots of patron before making me a mixed drink. I could hear that someone walked into the kitchen as well.

"You ok" Amber asked. I nodded my head.

"Yea boo, I'm good" I said smiling slightly. Just then Amber and Chris walked in.

"I swear I didn't know he was coming De, he told me he still would be out of town" Chris started. I stopped him.

"It's ok. He's your friend why wouldn't he come. We're all adults here. I'll be alright" I said sipping my drink. Everyone looked at me with strange eyes. I'm not really sure what Micah told them about our falling out but I told them that some old shit surfaced and we just thought it was best to leave each alone from good.

"Ok well let's get back to the party then" Amor said after a few seconds had passed. We all walked back to the backyard. I was talking and mingling with people I went to college with and people that I just haven't seen in a while. Everything was going fine until we came across each other. I was in the kitchen fixing me yet another drink when he walked in. I looked up and we locked eyes. I looked away and kept fixing my drink and tried my best to ignore his presence.

"Can't speak" he said. I looked around the kitchen to see who he was talking to.

"You talking to me" I asked.

"Ain't nobody else in here, so else would I be talking to?" he asked in a smart ass tone. Just ignore his ass De. I rolled my eyes and finished pouring my drink. I didn't have anything at all to say to him. For three months I hit this man up trying to apologize and get back in his good graces. He either ignored me or kept saying he needed time, so that's what I gave him and after 10 months of giving him time, I came to the conclusion that he honestly didn't want anything else to do with me, so I pulled myself together and moved on.

"I see you got yourself a little boy friend" he said. I continued to ignore him. "Couldn't wait to show that nigga off huh" he asked.

"Why does it matter to you, you don't want me" I shot back. He was starting to piss me off.

"I said give me time" he said looking at me.

"I did and just like everything else in life, time ran out" I said looking at him. I get that I was in the wrong but I'm not going to continue to beat myself over some shit that happened years ago. Fuck him.

"I gave you three years" he said.

"You didn't give me shit. I was done, I didn't want shit else to do with you and I made that clear, all you said was give you time and I gave a year. I can't help of you thought I was going to put my whole life on pause because of you." I said before walking out. It's no point in us having no conversation. It is what it is, honestly.

I went back outside and continued to enjoy the party. I know I said I was going to leave after two hours but I missed hanging out my friends. From now on I'm going to everything. Fuck Micah being there or not. I was talking to Amor, Chris, Amber, and Tonio when Micah walked up. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey where's Kendra?" Amor asked, I'm assuming the fill the awkward silence that fell upon us. Kendra? My ears perked up at the name, it sounded familiar. He's dating his date from the wedding.

"You know we're just friends" he said. He apparently brings her to events a lot because if not Amor wouldn't have even brought the bitch up. Amor smiled and nodded her head. The group went back to talking.

"So you're just going to ignore me" Micah asked only loud enough for me to hear him.

"Yup, just like you ignored me for the past year and a half" I said back. He always got some shit to say.

"You get fouler by the day" he said. I turned to look him.

"Well dear, you don't have to deal with me at all. I'm so foul but you're dating a bitch we shared words about. I'm not all down your back about it because clearly, we both have moved on. So be a good boy and respect your bitch" I said getting agitated.

"You didn't even have to say all of that" he said nodding his head.

"Yea ok, but you been fucking with me since you got here" I said back. We lowkey were starting to get a little loud. I could see Amber looking at us but she didn't say anything.

"How you mad, because a nigga still hurt about some shit you did." He said folding his arms.

"I'm not mad, I'm defending myself" I said, sitting my cup down. See shit is about to real. He got one more thing to say to me before I go off in his shit.

"But how can you really defend, I mean like you're a baby kill-" before he could even finish his sentence and before anyone else knew what was going on. I punched him in his shit. From there I just started hitting him. I had so much built up anger in me towards him. He was trying to hold my hands to keep me from hitting him. We were not on the ground, rolling back and forth. Every time I got on time I hit the fuck out of him and he would just grab my hands and roll us over trying to get me to stop. This went one for about a good minute before the others noticed.

"Somebody get them, they're fighting " Amber yelled. Tonio quickly grabbed me and Chris grabbed Micah. Micah was being cool but I was till trying to get loose so I could hit him.

"I fucking hate you" I screamed.

"Yea I hate your ass too" Micah said back. I could tell he was mad but I could give a damn.

"Fuck you" I said.

"Fuck you too" he said.

"I'll hit you every time I fucking see you" I said.

"And I'll call the police on your crazy. This girl crazy as fuck and yall looking at me like I did some. She hit me" Micah said towards Chris who was trying to tell him to calm down.

Tonio pulled me in the house. I had tears rolling down my face. "I hate him, I hate him, I hate him so much" I said not being able to calm down.

"Shh I know, De. I know. It's ok. Just calm down baby" Tonio said as he tried to get me to calm down. I was so mad. Like I was trying to play it cool and this motherfucker called me a baby killer. He's out of pocket.

"You need to get your friend, because I Tonio I want to kill that bitch" I said trying to get my breathing under control. Amber and Amor walked in.

"We got it bae, go talk to your boy" Amber said. Tonio looked like he really didn't want to leave. Tonio was like a brother to me and he knew I was hurting he's also the only person I told the real reason to on why Micah and I stopped speaking. He walked back outside the house and I just broke down and told Amber and Amor everything.

****

Micah's P.O.V.

"Fuck wrong with you man" Tonio asked as he smacked me on the back the head. If these people don't keep their mf hands to themselves. I know some.

"Man she attacked me" I said defending myself.

"Yea nigga after you was talking crazy at her" he said. Sitting down. Chris had brought me on the side of the house to smoke in an attempt to calm my nerves.

"Man you don't know what she did" I said taking a puff from the blunt.

"Yes I do, De told me everything and honestly you're still out of pocket for provoking her like that. All that shit you did to her, you need to be glad that's all she did. Can't dish some shit out, you can't take" Tonio said. He had a point but still, can't nobody tell me how to feel.

"Man I don't want to beef with that damn girl, but she got her new nigga all up in this bitch meeting people and that shit just did some to me" I said.

"So you're mad cause she moved on?" Chris asked like it didn't make any sense.

"DIdn't she try to talk to you every day for like 3 months and you told her to kick rocks" Tonio said. I hissed my teeth.

"I told her to give me time" I said. Why they keep making it seem like I told her I was done. I just needed time to take everything in.

"My nigga she gave you a year. Her and ole dude only been kicking it for 3, 4 months" Chris said.

"Meanwhile you been running around playing relationship with Kendra" Tonio said.

"Yall know I don't want that damn girl forreal" I said. They know that Kendra just so happened to be there when I was going through a tough time and I just haven't been able to get rid of her, although I really don't like her in that way.

"Man that ain't the point. The point is you're either going to make things right with Delondon, or just don't say shit to her. That's the lil sis and you're the homie but I'm not sitting back and letting you disrespect her just because you're jealous she moved on." Tonio said. I sighed these niggas had a point. I was being childish and mad disrespectful, I had grown up a lot but at time I still acted like 19 year old Micah instead of 24 year old Micah and that shit ain't cool. I had told myself that after this blunt I was going to go apologize to De but I saw her walking out if the gate and she never came back. I'm assuming she's gone.

Not feeling this party no more I apologized to everyone and said my goodbyes. I can get drunk at home by my damn self. I went home but instead of drinking I just passed out in the sofa. I woke up at around 3 a.m. A nigga had a lot on his mind, so I went to the only place that gave me a peace of mind.

Most black people were scared to go the graveyard this time of morning but a nigga just needed to see his baby girl. I parked and started on the short walk to Lelia's grave. As I was approaching, I could see the figure of a woman kneeling down in front of Lelia's grave. I frowned. Who could be at her grave at this time of morning. The closer I got I realized it was Delondon. Her hair had weave in it earlier at the party and now it was just her natural hair. I didn't want to startle her so I just called her name softly.

"Delondon" I said. She turned around to look at me with a tear stained face. My heart broke seeing her in such a state. She stood up and wiped her face.

"I was just leaving" she said walking past me. I grabbed her arm before she got too far.

"Wait, I really want to sincerely apologize about earlier, I shouldn't have said or I said" I said to her. She looked at me and nodded her head.

"OK" she said before she tried to walk away ago. I grabbed her again.

"Ok? That's it? I asked confused.

"Micah I'm really not in the mood for this ok. I just can't do this with you, not here" She said letting tears fall. I knew I couldn't let her walk away. I pulled her into a hug. I knew she wanted to pull away but she must of really needed to hug because she just hugged me back and cried a silent cry. We must of stayed this way for about 10 minutes before she finally pulled away. She still seemed upset. I dropped the flowers I had gotten for baby girl on her headstone and followed De to the parking lot area.

"Are you good to drive" I asked catching up to her.

"I didn't drive" she said, still walking. Confused I looked around to see if anyone was sitting in a car waiting for a passenger and I couldn't spot anyone. "I did you get here" I asked.

"I walked " she said. I was shocked.

"You took a 20 minute walk at this time of morning" I asked. Like why would she do that. Anything could have happened to her.

"Yea well I don't think straight when niggas was just calling me a baby killer earlier" she said walking away. I grabbed her.

"I'm sorry, I truly am. That shit was out of pocket and I no business saying that but you know I can't let you walk back home, come one I'll take you" I said trying to lead her to my car.

"No" she said snatching away from me. I turned to look at her.

"Come one Delondon please" I begged. She looked at me and I'm assuming she saw me pleading with her with my eyes. She rolled her eyes and then got in the car. I got in and drove to waffle house.

"You said you were taking me home, so take me home" she said with no emotion.

"I just wanna talk. It's going on 4 in the morning and we both were at the same place so I can't help put to think we booth have a lot on our mind." I said getting out the car. Knowing I was going to give up, she got out the car. I held the door opened for her and she walked in. We sat down at a booth and just stared at each other.

"De I'm sorry about earlier tonight" I started. She nodded her head.

"Ok, what else is new. You do shit and you're always sorry. 18 months and shit still the same" she said with no emotion to her face or in her tone.

"I deserve that and I know it's no excuse for my behavior but that shit really did fuck with me. I just got mad when I seen with your new dude because that's supposed to me us if I wasn't being an asshole" I said. I had full intensions to make things right with Delondon at the party but when I seen that nigga with her I got mad. I'm not sure why I expected her to wait.

"Don't you have a whole girl friend" she asked with an attitude.

I shook my head no "Kendra just somebody that's in my life, she really means nothing. She could decide she doesn't want anything to do with me tomorrow and it won't affect me." I said. She shook her head.

"You know what I'm going to say this and then I never want to speak about this again but I truly am sorry that I did what I did, it was never my intensions to sleep with Keeb and If I can go back time I promise I would have never even opened the door for him. I was having one of my many days and he came over with drinks and we got to talking and one thing led to another and I truly am I sorry but that doesn't give you a right to call me a baby killer, that shit really hurt my feelings because you don't know how it feels to become pregnant after losing a child and thinking this is my chance to finally be happy fill this empty space that's been here. You don't know it it felt for me to be happy because God gave me another chance at motherhood only for me to have to make that decision to terminate the pregnancy" she said with tears falling down her face. I could tell that I really hurt her feelings and I felt bad. I never even thought about how she felt with being pregnant again after losing a child.

"Why did you make the decision to get the abortion, maybe the baby would have been good for you?"

"Because Micah I wasn't going to have a baby by your best friend and ruin even the smallest chance of hope that I had of us one day getting it together. I did it because after all you put me through, I still chose you" she said looking at me with pure hurt in her eyes. She mad that decision because of me and now I felt even more disgusted with myself.

I reached across the table and grabbed her hand. "Delondon, I am so sorry that you went through that and that I made the situation worse. I feel like a bad person and I know it's nothing I can really do to make things right. I truly am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I don't deserve you at all, don't even deserve your forgiveness. I didn't even think about the position or the mindset you were in when you made that decision." I said looking her in her eyes. I really wanted her to know that I'm sorry for the many times I've hurt her.

" I just feel like we've been here before" she said snatching her hand back. I got down on my knees.

"I'm not asking you to forgive me because I know that takes time but what I am asking is that you give me a chance to make things right with you and not on know me trying to win you back shit but us just being cordial with each other. Together or not I don't want to go another day where you're not in my life. Over the past year I wanted to reach out to you so many times but I just felt to horrible on how I reacted, It's time for me to really grow up and I swear I have. I don't ever want to hurt you, because believe it or not seeing you hurt, hurts me. When I said what I said earlier I immediately regretted it. " I said. She looked down at me.

"Let's just forget about everything. You're Lelia's dad and although at times I really think and feel like I hate you you're the only person that knows the pain of losing Lelia. I spent three years ignoring you when I really needed my friend." She said looking me deep in my eyes.

"I don't just want us to forget about, I want to make things right" I said, still being on my knees. She reached down and gave me a hug. I don't know how one woman could be so forgiving but I'm taking notes and I'm doing everything to get my friend back. I hope this new man she got is nothing but good to her. She's been through hell, she deserves to happiness. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.4K 26
-Sequel to Broken- Emily has finally come out of her coma. She made it through the hell she called high school and is on her way to college. When she...
129K 3.4K 27
[Book 2] ••••••••••• After constantly being lied to and betrayed from not only her family but also her once best friend, Angela finds it hard to be a...
4.9K 1K 33
*1st Place Winner-The Writer's Awards 2021* [Book 2]Follow Kami has she absorbs the betrayal she faced at the end of Flashing Lights and how she tak...
97 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...