Red Lining (An Arknights Fanf...

By Awuchi

Ashley is an operator in Rhodes Island. Ashley is an energetic, cheerful, and positive girl. You may think he... More

Chapter 1 [Rewrite]
Chapter 2 [Rewrite]
Chapter 3 [Rewrite]
Chapter 4 [Rewrite]
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

231 7 1
By Awuchi

Sorry for the long update! Kinda lazy to write hehehe... but anyways, I hope you enjoy!
---

"Amiya...she's in there." Ashley whisper.

"Ah, thanks, I will have a chat with her then." Amiya reply.

"Hai, I'll go there soon." Ashley said giving her a thumbs.

When Amiya go in the room, Misha suddenly turn around, raising her guards up.

"...Who is it?" She ask staring at Amiya.

"Are you miss Misha?" Amiya ask.

"...What?" Misha ask confuse.

Timeskip after Amiya done explaining what's going on

"I'm sorry, Miss Misha, I hope I didn't scare you..." Amiya said apologizing.

"These are my colleagues, Franka, Liskarm, and Ashley."

"Hey there." Franka greet.

"Good day." Liskarm said.

"Nice to meet you." Ashley smile.

"We're from Rhodes Island pharmaceuticals, as an organization made to serve the Infected, at least..." Amiya said a little sad.

"We hope to be able to help you, that's why we'd like to talk a bit." She said.

"Talk?" Misha ask.

"Mhm, this isn't the best place to talk though..." Amiya said looking around a bit.

"As of right now, our top priority is to keep you safe. For the time being, we'll protect you, so rest assured." She continue.

"What are you talking about..." Misha muttered.

"You're just going to capture me and lock me up, aren't you?!" She yelled.

"Get away from me! My claws are sharps!...If you don't want to get hurt..." she trailed off.

"Pfft..." Franka laugh.

"What are you laughing about?..." Misha ask.

"If we really want to capture you, we wouldn't have given you a chance to resist." Franka reply.

As Misha stay quite.

"Miss Misha, we really want to help you, so..."

"I don't trust you." Misha said.

"Lungmen treats the Infected worse than the criminals!" She yelled.

"Why would you...why would you go out of your way to help the Infected?" She ask.

Amiya stay quite for a second.

"Miss Misha, look..." Amiya pulled her sleeve up.

"What...are you doing?" Misha ask.

"Your...your hand...you're also an Infected?" Misha ask surprised.

Amiya pull her sleeve down,

"That's right, I'm just like you." Amiya said.

"There are a lot of Infected in these slums. Those kids you left behind...they trusted you." She said.

"Misha, you already cause them trouble." She continue.

"...Are you going to use these kids to threaten me?" Misha ask.

"No, I wouldn't, but someone has already started doing exactly that... we just chased out a group of thugs that was trying to threaten those kids." Amiya reply.

"Lungmen is also searching for the Infected. If Lungmen found you first, it most likely might been too late." She said.

"We wanted to divert the Rioters from those kids by drawing their attention to you...looking at it from other perspective, we'd also be able to keep you safe from harm." Amiya said.

"...Do you know why they're aftering me? What reason do you have...to do all this for me?" Misha ask.

"We actually don't know why there are Infected targeting you...But we do actually care about the safety of innocents, including you. At least, this is the best course of action for the time being. I hope that you'll be able to trust us." Amiya reply.

"Would you allow us to take you from here first?" She ask.

"...Fine...Let's go. After all I don't really have a choice, do I?" Misha said.

"I wouldn't say that...But at least, thank you...Miss Misha!" Amiya said thanking her.

Timeskip

"-That concluded the report, Madam Ch'en." Amiya said.

"Copy. The L.G.D. will secure the meeting point and wait for you to escort the target." Ch'en reply over the phone.

"Understood. Franka bring me the map drawn by the recon squad..." as Franka hand her the map.

"Okay, this will do. We will leave the slums using the shortest route." She said as she analyze the map.

"Any other orders, Madam Ch'en?" She ask.

"Just hurry up. We don't have much time." Ch'en said.

"Formation! Don't drag your feet!!" Ch'en yelled, and is overheard by the phone, then hung up afterwards.

"...Phew, she hung up..." Amiya said a little relief.

"In other words, we have to run errands for her now?" Franka ask.

"We're the one who found the target after all..." Amiya said.

"The L.G.D. never gave us any detailed information about the target. We were supposed to be collaborating, but they suddenly told us that the individual we found had an important to use to them." Liskarm said.

"There's a ton of critical information that we haven't been given." She continue.

"...I'm not surprised that the L.G.D. is keeping secret from us though..." Amiya said.

"Why's that?" Liskarm ask.

"Aren't you supposed to be smart? What good would come out of Rhodes Island knowing too much?" Franka said a little annoyed.

"All I know is that knowing too little is bad for mission." Liskarm reply.

"Then, we should go escort Misha to the L.G.D now." Ashley said.

"Hmm...which route to take..." Amiya muttered looking at the map.

"We'll have to ask for another favor from them." She continue.

"Who?" Liskarm ask.

"Penguin Logistics." Amiya reply.

A little timeskip

"Yo, Rhodes Island~" Exusiai greet.

"Are you almost done with your mission? What'd you think about our services?" She ask.

"I knew it..." Franka sigh.

"Hey, don't be like that~ did something bad happen? Or, did you meet someone you don't like?" Exusiai said, teasing her.

"Yeah, you." Franka reply annoyed.

"There's no need for that. Without Penguin Logistics intel, we wouldn't have been able to narrow down to our research...Nor would we been able to get information about Lungmen's Infected population so easily." Liskarm said.

"Why, thank you for your praise, Miss! You clearly have a discerning taste." Exusiai said happily.

"Ah, Exusiai! Long time no see, how's it going?" Ashley ask walking towards her.

"It's been good! Want to hang out sometime?" Exusiai said happily.

"I guess so, after we cleared our mission, hope I didn't get any long mission afterwards." Ashley said grinning.

"Anyways, Exusiai, we'll need you to find a relatively safe route for us." Amiya said.

"In that case, I'll get straight to the point." Exusiai said.

"Hmm...none of these routes are particularly good." She said while looking at the map.

"Ah, let's go with this one! Err, look at this map here. Starting from the center of the slums, head three blocks north, then follow this road back south until you reach the exit." She said explaining the route.

"This should probably be the safest route. Even then, there are probably enough enemies along the way to throw a few karaoke parties." She said.

"The enemy?" Amiya ask.

"It would appear that Reunion has already infiltrated Lungmen." Liskarm said.

"Miss Exusiai, can I assume that you've already gotten a hold of the enemies distribution?" She ask.

"Mhm!" Exusiai nod.

"Then, what are their movement like?" Liskarm ask.

"They're coming right towards you!" Exusiai said.

"..." silence covered the area.

"We've been surrounded." Liskarm said noticing the enemies.

"Our top priority is to get Misha out safely." Amiya said.

"Franka, I'm counting on you to stop the enemy ambush." She ordered.

"Easy." Franka reply.

"Liskarm, split the defender squad and cover both sides. You'll be in charge of protecting Misha." Amiya said.

"No problem." Liskarm reply.

"Ashley, don't explode too much here, just prepare for any enemy that approach." Amiya said.

"Alright, I'll try." Ashley said as she pulled out the sword that's on her back.

"Oh right, did you know there are also some enemy casters?" Exusiai ask.

"...Ngghhh..." Amiya groan a little frustrated.

"Doctor, please stay close to me. Please continue to command the squads. I will relay your orders." She said, as Nicolas nod in reply.

"...Let's try following this safest route then." Amiya said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 901 20
You weren't supposed to be alive, and Arkin wasn't supposed to survive. You weren't exactly happy, but you were surviving in your little life with yo...
549K 15.3K 28
yandere bnha x female reader when y/n was 15 she dies and was given a second chance to live a new life in her favorite manga my hero academia (boku...
822 23 4
This is a story, a story of a traveler, a savior, a hero, a failure, a summoner that will face many things and beings throughout Terra. From saving p...
143K 3.7K 37
𝙸. ↳𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 you move back to tokyo. after being years away, you finally get to see your two best friends and live a happy and normal life as a t...