The Potion Master's Apprentice

By ttiiggeerr

Harry defeats Voldemort in the graveyard and suddenly finds himself with a lot more time to focus on his stud... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 18

10.4K 398 34
By ttiiggeerr

Two more visits from Hermione came and went in the early part of December before the nursery was completely decorated, stocked and ready to house the life growing in Harry’s stomach. Each visit, Hermione scolded Harry for not putting his foot down about not seeing any of the Weasleys yet. And each time, Harry had simply told her they weren’t ready to be invaded by that many people at once and they didn’t want to play favourites. Ever the practical witch, Hermione suggested that she bring along Molly and Arthur-Arthur so he can reign in his wife if she became too overenthusiastic-and Ron. Harry and Severus had agreed that letting in a few at a time would be a good way to test the waters with more visitors.

So Harry and Severus both were at a complete loss as to how their house was currently overrun with redheads shouting over one another.

“Severus? Are you okay?” Molly's voice was riddled with concern. The vampire was growling low in his throat, holding Harry to him tightly. Harry had somehow maneuvered them into the kitchen where Molly was opening and closing cabinets, clearly looking for something to cook with. 

“Mrs. Weasley, you need to give us a minute and reign your children in please.” After a quick look at Severus’s face and the tense tone in Harry’s voice she acquiesced and left the two in peace.

“Sev, relax. You’re squishing us.” The gentle reminder that Severus was holding his arms around Harry’s middle worked and the vice grip relaxed enough that Harry’s breathing wasn’t so limited. “Thank you. What can I do to help you right now?” Severus’s lips found Harry’s neck and Harry leaned his head to allow him better access. The licks being placed there were driving him crazy, setting his nerves on fire and creating a very stiff problem down south. 

Harry moaned when he suddenly found himself sitting on the counter.

Severus continued to lick and suck his way up and down the column of skin until his hand finally worked into his trousers and met Harry’s throbbing member. It only took two gentle strokes, a firm bite and one delicious suck on his neck for the younger man to climax and the older one followed untouched a few moments later.

“I think I shall be alright with the hoard of red nonsense for an hour or so now.” 

“Oh really? What if I want them to stay longer?”

“Then they will have to excuse us while we do this again.” 

Despite the amount of unexpected people arriving, the entire affair went much smoother than Severus had thought it would. He couldn’t tell if it was the blissful orgasm and taste of Harry’s blood on his lips that made it endurable or if it was the smile Harry had when he could finally socialize with his family again but whatever it was, Severus was grateful for it.

None of the Weasleys asked too many questions, although the youngest two occasionally gave him fearful glances when they thought he wasn’t looking. Severus did his best to ignore them in favour of watching Harry talk with Molly and Hermione about how he was faring. 

“It’s not so bad anymore, although breakfast can be hit or miss. But really, I don’t get sick hardly as much as I used to. Just the lingering nausea. I think that'll clear up soon.” 

“Good, I’m glad to hear it. Most men that bear their own children are sick the whole time, so it’s good to know you might not be dealing with it forever. Have the cravings started?”

“Not really? I’ve been drinking chocolate mint tea and eating a lot of candied ginger, but that’s mostly because peppermint tea smells too medicinal and the ginger I can actually keep down. I haven’t really craved anything odd and nothing specific really puts me off either.”

Severus snorted. 

“Don't listen to that nonsense Molly. Just last night, he made me help him make brownies with cookie dough mixed in.”

“I’ll have you know those are a muggle dessert and they’re absolutely delicious! You even ate one with me,” Harry's pout was ruined by the snicker he tried to hold in.

“He’s right though, they’re called blonde brownies and it’s a really popular muggle dessert. Honestly, I’m going to have to make some for myself now!” Severus rolled his eyes at Hermione’s knowledge. It never seemed to end with her. 

“What are you two doing for the holidays this year?”

“Well, we hadn’t really talked about it,” Harry's voice was cautious. Severus watched as Harry’s cheeks slowly stained themselves pink while the rest of the occupants turned to listen in. “I think we’re going to spend Christmas here though. It’s too much, the thought of leaving the house.”

“Oi, and what about you then? Just going to deal with being cooped up all the time?” Ron’s voice piped up from behind the twins. 

“Ron, that’s not fair. I’m not saying he’s uncomfortable with leaving the house, I’m saying I’m uncomfortable with leaving the house. Normally I’d jump on the bandwagon here, but-and this isn’t a slight to you or your family-but the Burrow gets cramped with so many people in one room. I can’t...I just…” Severus could recognize the signs of stress induced nausea and hurried him to the nearest bathroom before putting up a silencing charm and went to deal with the aftermath in the living room.

“-can’t believe you’d say something like that Ronald! I know I’ve explained this to you before, must I do it again? You’re not dealing with a human relationship here-as much as you dislike the differences, you’re going to have to grow up and accept them!” Loathe as he was to interrupt the woman mothering her children, Severus cleared his throat. 

“Molly, if I may?” She nodded to him and glared at her youngest son. 

“If you interrupt him, so help me you’ll regret it for years to come!” Ron blanched as he looked up at Severus. 

“If there’s one thing, Mr. Weasley, that you should recall it is that I am a vampire. First and foremost, my priority is Harry. Whether you like it or not, I have claimed him. As such, he is my responsibility. And in case you have forgotten, he is pregnant. Let me spell this out for you, so you can understand. Regardless of me and his relationship with me, he hates feeling like he doesn’t have a way out of a room. Normally this isn’t an issue with your family and the Burrow because you’re his family and he trusts you. But he’s running on erratic emotions and instincts-even more so because of his attachment to me. If he says he wouldn’t be comfortable with being in the Burrow on a holiday because of the amount of people and limited space, then you need to respect that.

“Harry cares a great deal for you and your family, and I’m sure it’s hard for him to admit that he wouldn’t be able to handle the situation. It isn’t about money or material things-simply that he is able to recognize that this would be a step that he isn’t ready to take yet. Rather than having to cut his time with you short, he’s simply planning on relaxing at home and taking care of himself.” 

Ron had enough sense to look ashamed. 

“Sev?” Although he could hear through silencing charms, Severus could barely hear Harry’s call. He turned and hastened to the bathroom where he enveloped Harry in his arms and helped him clean up. 

“Don’t be angry at Ron. He doesn’t know any better and he’d get over it on his own in a month or two anyway.” Tear stains streaked down Harry’s face. Somehow Severus didn’t think they were from the force of him retching. 

“He simply needs someone to be firm with him and to explain to him bluntly that his wrong assumptions are not wanted. It’s of no consequence anyway, I’m sure Molly has set him to straights by now. How are you feeling?”

“Like the Hogwarts Express ran over my skull.”

“Would you like some tea?” Harry nodded slowly and followed him back to the living room where Severus announced he’d have tea brought out. 

Christmas was a quiet affair; the two spent hours unwrapping gifts from friends, family and apparently every vampire that’s ever existed. Severus had insisted it wasn’t every single one, but Harry had a feeling it was most of them that had sent gifts. Apparently it was considered extremely rude to not send a pregnant Claimed a gift for holidays throughout the pregnancy and then once the baby had been delivered as well. The only exception was ignorance to the development.

Harry didn’t quite understand it, but he wasn’t about to start complaining about their customs.

The healer Harry and Severus had finally agreed on was scheduled to come visit them for Harry’s six month check and to talk about birthing options was due to come any minute now and Harry was worried. 

Severus had insisted that Harry was making a big deal out of it, that he was anxious over nothing and that he didn’t need to worry because he’d be right there the whole time. 

And yet, Harry was terrified. 

He was terrified that Severus would realize that he didn’t want anything to do with Harry or the baby. He kept asking himself what he would do if there was anything wrong with the baby or if he’d even be fit to raise a child and every single time Severus had told him he was overreacting and that they would do it together. 

But once he laid eyes on the polite blonde, he relaxed. She was young, but experienced and had worked under the tutelage of some of the best healers in the world. She specialized in male pregnancies and often traveled internationally to reach her clients. 

“Well, everything has been going just fine. The baby’s showing the right amount of development as it should at six months. Have you two thought about what type of birth you’d like to do?” Harry shook his head and Severus looked at her like she had grown a second head. 

“I...I haven’t even thought about that. I-well, I’m not…”

“Patient-Healer confidentiality vows prevent me from saying anything you don’t give me expressed permission to say-even under duress.”

“I’m a vampire, and although I’m not sure that makes a difference or not-”

“I’m glad you told me, because it does make a difference. Fully human children births have the most diversity as far as how one can choose to go about it but creatures are a bit more finicky. For you two I’d recommend either a natural birth or a water birth.”

“What do those involve?” Harry’s voice came out steady, but his heart was racing with worry. 

“Relax, I’ll be with you the whole time,” Severus promised. The healer nodded in agreement.

“Water births are a bit unorthodox in the wizarding world, but typically they work quite well to reduce the pain. The water allows your body to go through the contractions and the actual process of giving birth with minimal stress to your body. The downside here is most healers require this to be done in a hospital for safety reasons. 

“A natural birth is what you typically think of-giving birth in your bed or a hospital bed depending on your preference. Most who can afford an on-call healer simply choose to do it at home where they’re comfortable.” 

“But how does…?” 

“How does the baby come out?” Harry nodded and she laughed. “Not to worry dear. When men get pregnant, the seed is absorbed by their bodies. Your magic then creates a womb and combines your DNA with that of the father within it. Usually when you’ve got around a month or two left to go, your magic will start to change your anatomy a bit. Don’t look so worried, it isn’t that drastic. Look,” She grabbed her wand and created a male anatomy diagram to show them what she was talking about. 

“See there? That seed is stored in your magical core and preserved until your core is done creating a womb. And once your DNA is deposited with it, it’s simply a matter of time. Obviously the stages of pregnancy you’ve already gone through occur with the baby growing and then right around the seventh to eighth month your magical core starts making some adjustments. See how it’s creating a canal there?”

“Right, so I get to keep my bits and bobs?”

“Of course. They have to be out of the way for the delivery, but they make male birthing underwear that keeps them out of the way for me. Regardless, your body creates this canal and then once you’ve given birth your magic reseals everything. You usually retain the womb if you conceive naturally, although if you needed a potion the womb will likely disappear along with the canal. Did you use a potion?” The men shook their heads. “Well then I should warn you, the retention of your womb means it’s incredibly likely you’ll fall pregnant again in the future.” 

They decided on a natural birth at home so they didn’t risk the Daily Prophet finding out before Harry was ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 8.9K 57
Severus finally gets the position he has always wanted, but it means dealing with a new Potions professor and a woman from his past. Takes place duri...
41.1K 1.6K 20
A very long time ago, Severus resigned himself to the reality that he doesn't have a soulmate after all. He's finally a real Defence Against the Dark...
47.1K 1.4K 34
Several years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger and Severus Snape meet accidentally in a romantic entanglement. After an interesting tur...
350K 8.7K 25
harry is now in his 5th year at Hogwarts, he has always thought that the potions Master was attractive this year Harry was more obsessed with him Wh...