Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

5.

14.8K 944 323
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
FIVE:

"Wendy, if you think that your clothes are going to fit me then you are highly mistaken," Jungkook says, staring at the small top Wendy just handed him with wide eyes. It was morning now, and Jungkook hadn't brought any spare clothes, so he was depending on Wendy's clothes for the day. So far, it was not going so well. The red hair didn't turn as red as Jungkook thought it was going to, it was more of a "ripe cherry", as Wendy had explained. Secondly, it didn't match with anything Wendy had in her wardrobe, apart from bright leather pants that still had the tag on them. And lastly, Wendy looked way better than Jungkook, with her red hair framing her face, and the rest of her jet black hair hung in loose coils, she could match in anything right now.

Sighing, Jungkook flops on her bed, lying on the pile of clothes underneath him, he looks at Wendy, "I'm just not going school today. And tomorrow. And the day after. Good bye Wendy, you will never see me again after I crawl into a whole and die there," Jungkook exaggerates.

Wendy flicks her hair. Jungkook could already see the confidence blooming from her aura like a rose in spring, he knew that it would be a matter of days before the two of them would walk the school halls, standing their ground. She stares at Jungkook with soft eyes, before they glaze over in thought. Sighing, Jungkook sits up, staring at all the clothes around him. He is absolutely hopeless.

Even though Wendy had styled his hair into a side parting, one side almost covering his eye, his hair curling upwards. He couldn't help but feel like he made the wrong decision.

"Oh my god Jungkook! I have literally the most perfect idea!" Jungkook's eyes move up to Wendy who's rummaging around in her sock draw, she looks around some more before she pulls out a red bandana. She walks over to Jungkook, finding different ways for him to wear it, "just because you have red on you, does mean that everything has to match, you can have accents," she says, folding it in half. "Wendy this isn't going to work," Jungkook whines, trying to move out of Wendy's tight hold. "Jungkook can you just trust me! And don't worry!"

Jungkook quietens down after Wendy raises her voice at him. "What shoes did you come to my house in?" Jungkook thinks about it for a moment, "my Vans," he answers shortly. "What colour?"

"Red."

"There you go! We have a starting point," Wendy smiles, moving over to her wardrobe, trying to find something else for Jungkook to wear, so far he was wearing jeans and socks...so not the best start, but Jungkook was slowly starting to regain hope in his best friend. Wendy pulls out a black t-shirt and throws it at Jungkook, hitting him on his face.

"Put that on, and I'll look for something to go on top of it."

Jungkook quickly gets up, wearing the top, surprisingly, it's really baggy, so he tucks it in, "Wendy what size is this?" Jungkook asks, inspecting himself in the mirror. Wendy walks out with a red plaided shirt, "um...the largest size of a t-shirt that I own," she says handing him the shirt.

"Hear wear this, but don't button it, and don't worry this I wear in a dress, so it should be really baggy on you." Jungkook complies, sliding on the shirt. He was really starting to come together, and he kind of liked it.

Staring closer at himself in the mirror, he saw himself. He didn't know why he expected a grand reveal, for some reason the day before he believed that abruptly he would change and he'd love it. But in the present, looking at himself in the mirror, he liked it. Just seeing himself with a different hair colour and a different style of clothes, it really made him feel better about himself.

"Wendy... surprisingly the clothes you gave me, fit and look really well," Jungkook turns, and he sees Wendy smiling.

"Wendy...you look so cool."

She was wearing skinny jeans and a simple white crop top with a black denim jeans, the bandana on her head , which is placed neatly, allowing Jungkook to see her dyed front bits that framed her face, "all thanks to you Jungkook, now are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me call my mum." Wendy rolls her eyes, "you can do that when we get to school," she grabs Jungkook's hand, and drags him downstairs. He quickly slips on his red Vans, and grabs his backpack that he brought the night before.

But before the two of them could leave, he stops Wendy in her tracks, "you're scared that your parents are going to react badly aren't you?" Wendy doesn't say anything for a moment, but then shyly nods, sighing, Jungkook grabs her hand, and tows her to her kitchen, where her parents were busy eating their breakfast.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Shon," Jungkook greets brightly, walking in first. The two adults stare at Jungkook's hair before smiling,

"Your hair is so pretty and bright."

"Son you look good."

Jungkook blushes a little bit before coughing and dragging Wendy into the kitchen by the arm, "thank you but Wendy was the one who urged me to finally get round to doing it."

Wendy's parents fall into a silence when they see their daughter's hair. Wendy fidgets on the spot, looking as nervous as ever. However Jungkook puts his arm around her, "doesn't she look so beautiful and unique?"

Her parents look up at Jungkook, before snapping back to Wendy. Soon they break out in smiles, "Wendy, you look so beautiful! Good job!" Wendy visibly relaxes, her neck straining from being tense. She looks at her dad for approval and he nods. She smiles softly at him.

"I told you that they'd absolutely love it."

------

It was lunch time in school, and Wendy was visibly shaking, "I'm so stupid, I can't believe I forget." Wendy was pacing back and forth, a hand on her head, rubbing her temples. She had forgotten to bring lunch in haste to get out of the house. The two had managed to avoid the rest of the year but now it was lunch break, and they were starving.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook..." Wendy apologizes, sitting next to Jungkook. However, Jungkook gives her a reassuring squeeze on the hand, "it's okay Wendy...maybe this is a sign though..." He says, looking at Wendy who was playing with her hair.

"...what sign?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, twirling the red strand of Wendy's hair in his hand, "that maybe we should overcome our fears."

Wendy doesn't say anything, her eyes sad. When Jungkook sees this, he puts an arm around her, "listen, we don't have too, if you don't want to. I'm just saying that maybe we shouldn't let all of this effort go to waste." Wendy looks into Jungkook's brown eyes, and she sees nothing less than understanding and warmth in his eyes.

"Do you think Kyungsoo will talk to us if we go in there?" She asks, playing with her fingers. Jungkook's stomach flutters. Kyungsoo. He had barely made an effort to talk to the two, and even though it was happening really fast, he should have had the decency to at least tell Jungkook, but no.

Sighing, Jungkook decides to tell Wendy, "listen Wendy there's a high chance that Kyungsoo–"

Wendy raises her hand, signalling Jungkook to stop speaking, "Jungkook, do you really think that I haven't noticed. Ever since Namjoon came Kyungsoo just suddenly stopped speaking to us, in the spam of two days. It's okay, I think I'm just extra hopeful," she says, shrugging.

Jungkook doesn't say anything, but he just gets up and reaches down for Wendy, helping her stand up, "let's go show those bitches who we are."

Wendy smiles, a toothy grin plastered on her lips and she nods, for once, she feels confident in herself and in her friendship.

Jungkook links his arm with Wendy's, and pats his clothes down before looking over at Wendy, "you ready Hun?" She glances over at him, before staring at the closed double doors, "I've never been more ready."

Jungkook pushes the doors open and they walk through together. They don't stop when people stare at the two and whisper, in fact, they act like it doesn't bother them at all, "so this is kinda daunting..." Wendy quickly whispers to Jungkook. Jungkook looks over and laughs, "yeah but we're owning it."

"I don't think they're shocked because of the fact that they barely recognise us, I think they're more baffled over how... unique we look." Wendy walks into the lunch line with Jungkook and she grabs and apple and a milk. Jungkook however, gets a water and some crackers, "like I said, we're owning it."

Jungkook's eyes scan the hall for an empty table, and he sees one...right at the back...behind the table that Taehyung and his group of friends (and Kyungsoo) sit at. His heart starts to beat a little faster at each passing second but he stuffs that feeling down into the back of his heart and mind; walking over to the table.

People whisper as they walk past the many tables. Wendy takes it to herself to look proud, so she holds her head up high.

However, the two jolt in their place when Jimin speaks to them, "I love what you did with your hair Jungkook."

Jungkook's eyes snap up to Jimin's welcoming ones, "thanks...Jimin."

Jimin holds his hand out to Wendy, "I'm Jimin, nice to meet you...you look familiar...have we met before."

Wendy stares at the hand in front of her, and Jungkook's palms begin to feel sweaty. Consequently, Wendy smiles, and takes Jimin's hand into hers, shaking it, "I'm Wendy, and I'm in your English class."

Jimin nods, "right! You're the student I wish I was."

After a while, the hall becomes uninterested in the conversation between Jungkook, Wendy and Jimin, and they go back to having a normal lunch.

But once again, Jungkook's eyes coincidentally meet Taehyung's empty blue ones. Taehyung's eyes travel from Jungkook's new hair, right down to the bottom of his Vans with a small smile, but it disappears when he makes eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook's cheeks set ablaze, a fire erupting in his heart. Taehyung's eyes take Jungkook in again, but this time much slower, resulting in Jungkook shifting in his spot. Jungkook watches as Taehyung sits up, his palm under his chin, an eyebrow raised, his eyes never leaving Jungkook.

The cherry haired boy musters up the courage to snap his eyes away from Taehyung. His heart however, doesn't want to look away from Taehyung. His Taehyung. So he looks back up, and the cold, empty Taehyung is back. Jungkook frowns, starting to believe what happened moments back was just his eyes playing tricks on him, showing him what he wanted or his imagination running wild and free.

But Jungkook knows different.

Taehyung was mocking him, with that raised brow, and staring him down like he was a peasant begging for mercy from his master.

"Jungkook?" Wendy shakes Jungkook's arm, and he snaps back into reality, he looks down at her and she smiles, "Jimin wants us to sit with him."

Jungkook almost chokes on air, "what?"

Jimin nods, making space for the two of them, "yeah, you guys are so cool, especially after the conversation I had with Wendy. So sit."

Kyungsoo tries to make eye contact with Wendy and Jungkook but they both ignore him, as if he wasn't there. Namjoon converses with Wendy about a book that he is reading, whereas Kyungsoo joins in every now and then. Yoongi and Jimin are all loved up and talking to themselves quietly.

But Taehyung, he's staring at Jungkook with a slight smirk. Jungkook's heart drops to his stomach as he realizes that,

Shit is about to get fucked up.

------

My brain keeps spitting out ideas and I can't help but quickly write more chapters, so here's to the second chapter I finished today and the fifth chapter I posted today. Cheers *clinks glass with you*

hMmMmM, i KnOw WhO sPiT iN mY jUiCe.... 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

624K 13.8K 93
Instagram au Watch the famous idol Jeon Jeongguk and instagram influencer Kim Taehyung's love blossoms. [Completed] Started: March 31, 2020 Ended: Ju...
673K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
475K 21K 44
Jeon Jeongguk is the quiet smart kid in college. He always aces his exams and he never has time for parties or anything like that. Kim Taehyung is th...
1.1M 71.4K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...