Sardonic - The Originals (The...

Od EzraLord

**Sequel to 'Indebted' And Prequel To 'Lovesick'** It's been a year since Wolfgang Nachtstern walked away fro... Více

Disclaimer
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1 - 'What Do You Want Me To Do?'
Chapter 2 - 'I Like Her Spirit.'
Chapter 3 - 'Who's Next?'
Chapter 4 - 'Mikael?'
Chapter 5 - 'I'm To Just Be Ignored Then?'
Chapter 6 - 'That's An Honour That Belongs To You.'
Chapter 7 - 'We Kill Him Properly This Time.'
Chapter 8 - 'Once Again, Wolfgang Saves The Day.'
Chapter 9 - 'Let's Talk About Your Offer.'
Chapter 10 - 'Merry Christmas, You Dumb Cunt.'
Chapter 11 - 'There's A Woman In My Dreams.'
Chapter 12 - 'Do I Not Get A Cool Spirit Animal?'
Chapter 13 - 'Well, Love, Welcome To Your First Torture Session.'
Chapter 14 - 'I'm Here For The Free Food.'
Chapter 15 - 'I Always Pay My Debts.'
Chapter 16 - 'Bourbon And Betrayal.'
Chapter 17 - 'I'll Just Kill Everyone, Simple.'
Chapter 18 - 'I Should Have Done That A Long Time Ago. '
Chapter 19 - 'I Made A Promise, This Is Me Upholding It.'
Chapter 20 - 'Stab Her In The Back - Probably Literally.'
Chapter 21 - 'Step Into The Light.'
Chapter 22 - 'Isn't There A Saying About Stones And Glass Houses?'
Chapter 23 - 'What's A Wedding Without A Little Murder?'
Chapter 24 - 'I Am The Karaoke King, Okay?'
Chapter 25 - 'Consider This Me Making Amends.'
Chapter 26 - 'All My Children In One Place.'
Chapter 27 - 'I Love A Good Party.'
Chapter 28 - 'The Three Of Us, Who Would Win?'
Chapter 29 - 'I Fucked Up.'
Chapter 30 - 'Could You Pass The Wine? It's Right Next To The Deceit.'
Chapter 31 - 'Decisions, Decisions. All Of Them Wrong.'
Chapter 32 - 'You Can't Expect Me To Do This.'
Chapter 33 - 'In Any Case, I'm Going To Need A New Therapist.'
Chapter 34 - 'Should I Be Flattered?'
Chapter 35 - 'My Therapist's Gone Crazy.'
Chapter 36 - 'My Sexual Promiscuity Is Not What's Being Questioned Here.'
Chapter 37 - 'Breaking Hearts Is What I Do.'
Chapter 38 - 'This Is For The Best.'
Chapter 39 - 'Shut Your Mouth Or I Will Kill You.'
Chapter 40 - 'Death Is Never The End.'
Chapter 41 - 'Let's Find Out.'
Chapter 43 - 'Do Whatever It Takes.'
Chapter 44 - 'I Advise That You Be Careful.'
Chapter 45 - 'I Won't Hesitate To Put You Down.'
Chapter 46 - 'Welcome Back To The Land Of The Living.'
Chapter 47 - 'I Don't Break My Word.'
Chapter 48 - 'Chicago Is My City.'
Chapter 49 - 'In The End, We're Family.'
Chapter 50 - 'The Demon King Of Chicago.'
Chapter 51 - 'I Decide Who Lives And Who Dies.'
Chapter 52 - 'Love Is The Greatest Power In The World.'
Chapter 53 - 'Everything I Touch, I Destroy.'
Chapter 54 - 'I'm Seeking Repentance For What I'm About To Do.'
Chapter 55 - 'Elijah Mikaelson Is Dead.'
Chapter 56 - 'Honour Elijah's Memory And Be The Man He Saw You As.'
Chapter 57 - 'I Was Born To Kill The Unkillable.'
Chapter 58 - 'Goodbye, My Friend.'
Chapter 59 - 'That, Most Definitely, Is Not Good.'
Chapter 60 - 'Destroy Whoever Stands In The Way.'
Chapter 61 - 'We Can't Save Her If They Don't Fear Us.'
Chapter 62 - 'I Am Aware Of Her Feelings For Me.'
Chapter 63 - 'I'm Going To Kill Every Last One Of Them.'
Chapter 64 - 'I'm Avenging Hayley.'
Chapter 65 - 'A Broken Heart Is Never Truly Fixed.'
Chapter 66 - 'I'm Not In The Habit Of Deflowering Virgins.'
Chapter 67 - 'Pain Is Just Another Enemy to Overcome.'
Chapter 68 - 'Hope Andrea Mikaelson.'
Chapter 69 - 'You Are The Most Extraordinary Person I Know.'
Chapter 70 - 'Always And Forever.'

Chapter 42 - 'Murder The Bastard That Took Her From You.'

1.2K 32 2
Od EzraLord

Wolfgang stared into the microscope, trying to isolate the antibodies in his blood, when Freya walked in.

"What do you think you're doing?" The witch asked and Wolfgang glanced up at her. He sighed and leaned against the table.

"I am running tests on my blood." Wolfgang explained and Freya shook her head, "You should be resting."

"I'm fine." Wolfgang replied, "Besides, I need to do this. It's keeping me occupied." Freya sighed and pointed at the microscope.

"Talk me through it."

"Well, I am a man of many talents. For example, despite what I said yesterday, I am the only one here who is a qualified doctor." Wolfgang started, "So, I am trying to use my blood to create a cure for Lucien's venom."

"How would that work? Your blood didn't work before." Freya questioned and Wolfgang sighed, crossing his arms.

"Well, most anti-venom is created from the antibodies of an animal that has survived the venom of a creature." Wolfgang explained, "Using the same logic, I survived Lucien's venom so my antibodies should be able to create a cure."

"What are the chances of that working?" Freya asked and Wolfgang turned back to the microscope, stainong his blood using a dye.

"Very little." Wolfgang answered, as he finally managed to isolate the different components of his blood.

**********

Cami stumbled into the compound, looking sick and drained. Wolfgang appeared behind Cami without her noticing, a recurring habit of his.

"You look like shit." Wolfgang said and Cami turned to face him, rolling her eyes although she was seriously injured.

Wolfgang walked up to her and inspected the bite on her neck. His jaw clenched as he recognised the fang marks.

"Lucien." Wolfgang said and Cami nodded weakly. The vampire clenched his jaw before he let out a sigh.

"Niklaus." Wolfgang shouted and in seconds the hybrid appeared, pausing when his eyes fell on Cami.

"What happened to her?" Klaus asked, shocked. He immediately walked over to Cami and lifted her up bridal-style, turning to walk away with her.

"Klaus?" Cami called, gaining the hybrid's attention, "I love you. I just needed you to know that."

"I can tell you that I love you tomorrow." Klaus replied, "You're not dying today."

The hybrid carried Cami all the way to his room, placing her down on his bed gently. Cami gasped out in pain as the venom delved deeper into her body. Klaus looked at Wolfgang, concern shining in his blue eyes.

"Get Elijah and Freya here, now."

**********

Wolfgang, Klaus, Marcel and Freya all stood in the hybrid's bedroom, hovering over Cami as Klaus held onto the blonde's hand.

"We need to find a cure. Now." Klaus started and the others agreed. Wolfgang sighed and then spoke up.

"I'm working on something that should work, Freya can help me while she searches through some spells."

"Good." Klaus replied before Elijah spoke, "What if Lucien's blood can cure his venom?"

"That actually makes sense." Wolfgang said and Klaus nodded, "My blood is the cure for werewolf venom just as Wolfgang's is the cure for his. Lucien would want the ability to lord over his victims like that."

"Lucien's blood is all over my apartment. I sliced him to hell before I left." Cami said and Marcel nodded, "Me and Vincent will go get it."

"Perhaps Hope's blood could work? We don't know the entire extent of it's healing abilities." Elijah continued and Klaus nodded. The hybrid turned back to Cami who was deteriorating and sighed.

"I'll stay here with you."

**********

Wolfgang groaned as he stared through the microscope. He let out a slew of curses under his breath and rolled his chair across the room where he noted down his results.

"Fucking piece of shit." Wolfgang swore as he turned back to the microscope and enhanced the magnification.

"Everything okay?" Freya asked, looking up from her grimoire. Wolfgang shook his head and let out a sigh, burying his head in his hands.

"I can't isolate the antibodies." Wolfgang replied and Freya nodded, "Can't you do anything to draw them out?"

Wolfgang thought for a moment before he smiled and stood to his feet, "Draw them out.... You're a genius."

"Freya?" Wolfgang asked as he shot to his feet and started gathering some things, including an empty syringe.

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?" Wolfgang asked and the Mikaelson witch looked confused before she shook her head.

"No." The blonde witch replied and Wolfgang moved to leave the room. Freya looked at him questioningly.

"Where are you going?" Freya asked and Wolfgang grinned at her, "I'm going to find our cure."

**********

Wolfgang stood over Cami and Klaus, with the cure loaded into a syringe. The hybrid nodded at him in confirmation and Wolfgang injected the serum into Cami's body.

Cami gasped and opened her eyes. Her skin regained it's usual colour and her eyes lost the pained expression in them.

"It worked." Klaus said and Wolfgang nodded with a smile on his face, happy that he had managed to find a cure.

"Klaus!" Cami cried out and the hybrid rushed over to the blonde, who was rapidly returning to her previous stage of deterioration.

"No." Wolfgang said, his voice almost a whisper as he started to comprehend his failure. The vampire shook his head and flipped a table, shattering it as the table hit the wall.

"It should have worked!" Wolfgang roared before he stormed out of the room.

**********

Wolfgang handed the envelope to Freya as he chugged a large glass of Klaus and Elijah's blood.

Freya studied the contents of the letter and looked at Wolfgang, "What is this?"

"That is the address of the warehouse where I'm keeping Rebekah." Wolfgang replied, "She has several vampire guards compelled to protect her."

"Why are telling me this?" Freya asked and Wolfgang sighed before he looked at Freya with a serious gaze.

"I nearly died the other day. If anything happens to me, I need at least one person to know." Wolfgang explained, "The trigger phrase for the guards is 'The Sleeping Princess'. They should listen to you if say it."

Freya nodded as Wolfgang grabbed his jacket, having changed from his comfortable loose jeans and shirt into his usual attire.

The hunter was wearing black skinny jeans with a white button-down shirt, paired with a matching dark blazer.

"Where do you think you are going?" Freya asked. Wolfgang smiled before he turned back to the blonde Mikaelson witch and sighed.

"I'm getting answers." Wolfgang said and Freya nodded as she realised what he was going to do, "Take care of yourself."

"Are you concerned about me?" Wolfgang questioned as he stepped closer to Freya. She shook his head and looked up into his hazel eyes.

"I just don't want to have to explain to Klaus why his best friend is dead as well as the woman he loves." Freya replied and Wolfgang laughed, "Just admit that you actually like having me around."

"This thing between us is never going to happen." Freya clarified, gesturing between them and Wolfgang smiled, "I'm aware. I don't think of you like that, Freya. I'm just teasing."

"Good." Freya answered before she sighed, "And Wolfgang? I do like having you around, as a friend."

"I know." Wolfgang said before he turned on his heel and walked away and out of the compound.

**********

Lucien was surprised when Wolfgang walked into his apartment and threw a table at him. The Enhanced Original punched through it and smiled at him.

"Well, well, well. The Night Star lives!" Lucien exclaimed, "Good on you, mate. What brings you to my humble abode?"

"Humble?" Wolfgang asked and Lucien laughed, "Says the man living alone in an eleven bedroom mansion."

"Fair enough. I'm here because of Camille O'Connell." Wolfgang replied and Lucien smiled as he poured Wolfgang a drink.

"Oh, her." Lucien said as he sat down, "Is she dead yet? I want her to suffer. It really hurt when she sliced me up with that dark object."

"Not yet. And she isn't going to die." Wolfgang said confidently. Lucien shook his head and stood up as he laughed.

"She's a goner. There is no cure." He explained and Wolfgang grabbed him, slamming him against the wall.

Lucien struggled in Wolfgang's grip, trying to break free although it was clear that Wolfgang was much stronger.

The hunter smirked cruelly before he ripped Lucien's finger off, removing his daylight ring as well.

"This is a little taste of the hell you're about to endure." Wolfgang threatened before he launched Lucien out of the window, the Enhanced Original catching fire as he was exposed to the light of the sun.

Wolfgang carelessly tossed Lucien's finger out of the window as well and walked away, intent on making Cami's last few hours the best she ever had.

**********

Wolfgang kept his gaze fixed on Cami as her skin turned grey, the veins on them prominent as her life left her.

Klaus opened his eyes, still desperately holding onto Cami's hand. A single tear rolled down Klaus' cheek and Wolfgang's grip on the chair tightened.

"She was at peace." Klaus said after a few seconds, struggling to get the words out. Wolfgang nodded in reply because he didn't know what to say.

"I made peace with her, told her everything I never had before. But even now, in the few moments after she's passed, I just thought of a thousand things I forgot to say."

"We both know it won't get easier." Wolfgang said as he patted Klaus on the back comfortingly.

"I just... I don't know what to do without her." Klaus replied, his voice soft and quiet. Wolfgang nodded and sat down next to the hybrid, his eyes tearing up.

"Honour her memory." Wolfgang explained, "Live with the life she gave you. Love with the heart she gifted you. Cherish the memories you made. Above all others, murder the bastard that took her from you."

"I will." Klaus growled, his hands crushing the arms of the chair he was sat in.

**********

Wolfgang rushed into Rousseau's, responding desperately to the panicked call that Kol had made.

"Wolfgang." Kol called, his shirt bloodstained and his voice desperate. The Original had tears in his eyes and he looked so guilt-ridden that Wolfgang paused.

"What happened, Kol?" Wolfgang asked and the Original shook his head, refusing to meet the hunter's eyes.

Wolfgang walked past him and into the main bar, freezing when he saw the corpse on the ground, bleeding from a bite in her neck.

"I killed Davina."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

614K 20.5K 112
"Who the hell is she?" "That would be the lovely, Ingrid Mikaelson. My wife." ---- TVD: Season...
14.1K 448 23
Klaus Mikaelson is saved by the person he least expected.... His father. Mikael. So, all the Mikaelsons get the unexpected happy endings they all des...
178K 3.7K 23
Everyone knows Esther being the mother of Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Henrik right? Well what if Esther isn't really their mother an...
1.7M 63.7K 41
Ophelia Armstrong never intended for her life to be anything out of the ordinary. All she ever wanted to do was finish school, meet a nice person, se...