Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

4.

15.2K 930 430
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
FOUR:

Wendy jumps up and down when she sees Jungkook walk up to her house door, and in a matter of seconds she rushes downstairs and opens the door quickly, leaving Jungkook's fist in the air. Jungkook's eyes widen when he sees her bright smile. "I've been waiting my whole life for this moment, trust me," she says lowly, pulling him into her house by his shirt. Jungkook groans in protest, "why are you so strong for?" He asks, rubbing his chest slightly. Wendy shrugs and proceeds to drag him all the way to her bedroom.

"I'm so excited," she squeals, clapping her hands together. Jungkook sits down on her neat bed, while Wendy rummages around in her room, "see the thing is Jungkook, about a week ago I brought some box hair dye, sadly my parents never let me get round to actually doing it, so I've been meaning to like...you know get rid of it."

Jungkook chuckles as she struggles to find it, "so what? Do you think that this is a sign...that I'm meant to dye my hair?"

Wendy huffs, and looks at him with her hands on her hips, "don't get me started and all on signs because I can list at least 72 things that you did this week that has been leading up to this moment." Jungkook stares at her weirdly but looks away when she gives him that look. "I don't know if I should be concerned or intrigued."

"Be spoilt for choice and go ahead and feel both," she shrugs, pulling some clear containers from under her bed. When she opens the lid, Jungkook's mouth falls open in shock, "Jesus Wendy! How many books do you own?" She shrugs, a little smile on her face, "there's more containers in the basement."

Jungkook looks at the containers, "Wendy, baby, I don't know if you should be proud of this. I definitely think you should be on my strange addiction."

Wendy scoffs and looks up at Jungkook with stern eyes, "hey! It's not my fault I have a slight knack for binge reading." Jungkook lays back on Wendy's bed, staring up at her white ceiling, "I'm trusting you with the fate of my hair, you do realise that don't you?"

Jungkook hears a soft chuckle come from Wendy, "don't worry! I've done this plenty of times before." However, Jungkook still couldn't trust Wendy, "I swear, on God Wendy...if my hair turns out crispy I'll come for your hair with scissors."

Wendy flicks Jungkook's arm, that was hanging off of her bed, "why do you worry so much?"

He sits up, shuffling to that he can lean on her pillows, "because you get too excited about things and end up ruining it. Like that class project we had to do...you added so much glitter that I had to come to school with my mum's vacuum."

Wendy laughs heartedly, "oh but who doesn't love glitter?"

"Me! It's so frustrating. And the worst thing is, Minnie is like attracted to glitter. One time I came home and I saw her pouring glitter into my shoes. And since then I swear I've been cleaning glitter off of me every single day."

Wendy stares up at Jungkook, "you have a little...speck of it there," she reached up to try take it off but Jungkook flicks her hand away, scoffing.

"There was no need for that Wendy," he says, rubbing the glitter off of his face. Wendy chuckles and sits next to him, sighing, "we should have invited Kyungsoo... actually let me call him right now." Wendy reaches for her cellphone, but as she pulls it out of her pocket, Jungkook panics and slaps it out of her hand. She looks at him, shock written in her eyes, "what was that for you idiot?" She picks up her phone, inspecting it for any cracks.

"...I spazzed...anyways, I think Kyungsoo is busy today anyways...so let's leave him and maybe invite him somewhere tomorrow." Wendy thinks over it for a quick moment or two before she smiles at Jungkook, "you're right. Whatever he's doing, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want any of us to bother him."

Jungkook smiles back but it falls as soon as she gets up – her back to him – Jungkook knew exactly what Kyungsoo was doing. He was out with the popular clique. He overhead a group of girls talking about it. He lied to Wendy because he doesn't want to see her hurt, but he knew what would come next.

Slowly, Kyungsoo would distance himself from Jungkook and Wendy, after catching the limelight, and then the two would try their best to get Kyungsoo to talk to them, but he would have already picked the popular side by then. Wendy would feel betrayed, and she would never recover from losing one of her best friends.

But it's okay because she had Jungkook...right? Would he be enough for her.

"Oh! I remember where I put it," Wendy says, snapping Jungkook out of his train of thought. "What colour is the hair dye?"

Wendy doesn't make eye contact with him when she quickly mumbles, "cherry red."

Jungkook's eyes widen as he stands up from her bed, "Wendy! No wonder why your parents never let you dye it that colour! I'm not doing it!" Wendy groans, grabbing Jungkook's hands, "oh come on Jungkook, it would look so cool on you, I can just imagine it now, and it would give you so much pazaz and confidence...just imagine it!"

He shudders, "no! I'm literally going to stick out like a sore thumb in school, and on top of that, nothing screams ‘I'm gay’ than a cherry red haired boy. So no."

Wendy scoffs, pulling Jungkook to the mirror on her wall, "oh please, like people don't already know you're gay."

"Bisexual, actually," he corrects.

She rolls her eyes, "anyways, look at yourself, everyone demeans the two of us because we're quiet. But nothing screams louder than a new and bold hair colour. Plus, I know you have courage in you... because you're Jeon mother fucking Jungkook. So please show those airheads what they're all missing."

Wendy tells Jungkook to look at himself, but he can't. He's looking at his friend, no, his best friend. She just told him to be confident...but doesn't she feel the need to? Wendy was a bright girl, and to Jungkook, she still is. But if only she follows her own advice, just maybe she could go back to the way she was before.

Jungkook didn't know the full story because Wendy always hated talking about it. But she had a friend, and they were best friends her whole life. But soon she got cut off. Because her best friends boyfriend didn't like Wendy. So in retrospect, Jungkook understood her. But she had major trust issues, and that's what made her so shy and quiet.

"Wendy...you know I don't think you're priss... right?"

She chuckles, looking at him in the mirror, "what makes you say that?" She asks, trying to mock Jungkook, a small smile on her face. He turns to her, "no seriously." When she sees his expression her smile falls, "yeah Jungkook, of course...I know, it's all jokes."

Jungkook smiles at her slightly, "let's make a deal. Your parents won't let you dye your hair, right, so why don't we just do the front bits of you hair...like those famous tiktok girls."

Wendy gasps, moving away from Jungkook, "hell no. Me and you both are going to stick out, and that's going to further the problem."

Rolling his eyes, he flops back onto her bed, "you do realise that because you hang around with me, people are going to notice you too. So why not go out with a bang, rather than a small fizzle?"

Wendy doesn't reply.

Sighing Jungkook says, "fine. If you don't dye your hair like those tiktok girls than I'm not doing my hair. Yes Wendy, I will crush your dreams like that."

She immediately gasps, her hand on her chest, "how dare you pull that card on me?" Jungkook sits up, staring at her with a stern look on his face.

Ten minutes later, Jungkook was bleaching Wendy's hair, a solemn look on her face. "My parents are going to kill me," she groans, a hand on her face and the only fidgeting around. Jungkook laughs loudly, "relax Wendy, at least you're not doing your whole head, I'm the one that's going to look like a candy apple."

"Candy apples are nice though..." She mumbles and Jungkook resists the urge to flick her forehead. "You're being so silly right now Wendy, and trust me, your parents are going to love this new look on you."

She doesn't say anything so Jungkook says, "you know what, you're going to love it. I can feel it in the air."

As soon as Jungkook was done with Wendy's hair, they immediately switch places, and Wendy gets started with Jungkook's hair. Wendy chatters to Jungkook about random things, "and that's when the squirrel came over because I gave it a thick fry, and it stayed with me the whole time in the park."

But Jungkook wasn't processing any of the words she was saying to him, Jungkook didn't worry when he was dyeing Wendy's hair, he was completely fine. But now that he's watching his own hair turn from a natural brown to an unnatural bleached yellow.

What would happen at school?

Jungkook never felt like he got picked on. Although he knew that people often whispered about him, and there was the occasional laugh when he messed up, he always knew that no one would try and make fun of him. It was the same for Wendy, when the two became friends it was like everyone miraculously stopped picking on her too.

So what was going to happen when Jungkook rocks up with literally a bright red head of hair.

"You know when I said I wanted to dye my hair, I was maybe thinking like just little blonde streaks, but we know how that turned out..." Jungkook says unsurely as Wendy brushes on the red dye.

"It's like a blank canvas," Wendy giggles, completely ignoring Jungkook's words. Jungkook stares as Wendy brushes on the red. "Great...thanks Wendy."

Sighing she says, "see? Now who's the one who's worrying?" Jungkook shrugs and tries to itch his head but his hand gets slapped away by Wendy. "Bad. Don't touch the dye otherwise it's going to be patchy."

"I was going to say like your skin but then I remembered, your skin is clearer than glass."

"I was so ready to swipe this red brush on your forehead," she chuckles, swaying the brush around lightly. Jungkook eyes the brush in her hand, now suspicious, "why did I ask you to do this again?" He asks, slowly trying to inch away from Wendy. However she places her hands on his shoulder tightly, "because you love me!"

She smiles brightly and goes back to lathering the thick dye on Jungkook's roots.

Then Jungkook gets a random thought.

"Hey Wendy...do you think they call it ‘dye’ because after you dye your hair, your hair starts to actually die? And maybe because of marketing that had to change the name otherwise no one would buy into the hair dyeing business so they just replaced the ‘i’ with an ‘y’ but kept the pronunciation the same?"

Wendy takes a deep breath, "sometimes Jungkook, I really don't understand what goes on in that big brain of yours." Jungkook frowns when she chuckles, "that's why you got a big head."

If it was possible, his frown becomes even more tight, "I do not have a big head...you're the one with a balloon for a brain, a shell...but empty inside and full of air."

"Oh was that supposed to hurt me?"

Jungkook bursts out laughing when she blows a raspberry, and makes a funny face.

Times like these, he wishes could last forever.

------

publishing a fourth chapter even though I already published three today? Yes...
Ik I've got no life but don't rub it in guys, the wound is still fresh xD
- vote and comment!!

iF tWo pLuS tWo iS fOuR aNd FiVe pLuS fIvE iS tEn...ThEn WtF iS?¿?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 21.6K 47
"What are you doing in my kitchen?" And yet again there it goes again the same mantra - My house - My terrace - My room and now My kitchen too? Real...
76.9K 4K 32
โ Roses are dead, love is fake, weddings are basically funerals with cake. โž Meet Akriti Marwaha, a gynecologist who loves to always keep her family...
3.5K 90 7
Adjusting to the role of the chiefs daughter and running the Island, a destined soul to explore the sea let's her dreams get the best of her. Moana i...
1.2M 77.7K 42
It's been eleven years since Kim Taehyung became mute. Eleven years since Taehyung went through something traumatizing and decided to stop talking. N...