In-Between

By Emeraldlily16

For centuries when people die they either go to Heaven or Hell but what happens to those who die with unfinis... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Heads up
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Favor for a Friend
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 5

173 12 10
By Emeraldlily16

The present 1987

"And ever since then the four of us have lived in that empty flat of the house for a century. No one else has lived here except us." Juvia said. "That is until you and your parents moved in. And I'm so glad you did, I can't remember the last time I talked with a living human. I do hope you're comfortable here, did you like the doll I gave you?"

"That was you who gave me the doll?"

"Yes. You looked so disappointed when you arrived here I decided to give you a present to cheer you up. Did you like it? I made it myself."

"Made it? You actually made that doll?"

"Oh yes I'm very good at sewing and stitching. Which comes in handy when I have to re dress my stitches. It's a very irritating process but it keeps my body in check."

"Well I'm a little too old for dolls but it is pretty cute. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So if I may ask how many of you are there?" Wendy asked. "I mean how many ghosts are living in this house? Is it a lot of them?"

"We're ghouls not ghosts and there's only four of us. Would you like to meet my room mates?"

"Are they mean?"

"Oh no. Not at all. Though Natsu and Gray do like to frighten people but once you get to know them they're just as nice as pie."

"I guess if they live there I should meet them."

"Wonderful. Now hang on."

"To what?"

Juvia then levitated both herself and Wendy back into the broken window of the room.

"How are you doing that?" Wendy asked her.

"Some ghouls and ghosts have powers. Mine are flight, levitation, and telekinesis."

"Do the others have the same powers?"

"No they're powers are different from mine but they're equally as strong. Alright everyone come out, it's time to meet our newest house mate."

At once the three ghouls came out from the shadows. Natsu was the one she saw clearly first and he's appearance scared the twelve year old girl. 

"A monster!" She cried hiding behind Juvia.

"Only to bugs and unmarried women honey, never to children." Juvia giggled. "Wendy this is Natsu. Say hello Natsu."

"Whoa so she can actually see us?" Natsu asked waving his hand in front of her.

"Mmm-hmm."

"That's awesome. Hey kid you have no idea how annoying it is to be ignored by everybody."

"I wish I could ignore you." Lucy mumbled but then she gave Wendy a smile and said in a sweet voice. "Hi I'm Lucy and handsome over here is Gray."

"It's very nice to meet you young lady." He introduced. "You and your family seem like decent people. I do hope you enjoy living in this fine establishment."

"So do any of you remember being alive?" Wendy asked.

"Nope." Gray said.

"Uh-uh." Lucy said.

"Negatory." Natsu said. "We just spend our days hanging around this house, taking a few trips to the netherworld, scaring the crap out of people. That sort of thing."

He spotted a nearby bug on the ground, he quickly grabbed it and popped it into his mouth as if it was a piece of candy. Everyone looked at him in disgust.

"I thought you guys didn't need to eat." Wendy said.

"We don't but he likes to eat for the pleasure." Lucy said. "And he'll literally eat anything."

"Slob." Gray muttered under his breath.

"I heard that!" Natsu said.

"Can you guys do tricks?" Wendy said.

"What are we, trained seals?" Gray asked.

"What I mean is what powers do you have?"

"Let's see mine would be spatial warping, dark magic, and shadow manipulation. Observe."

Gray snapped his fingers and his shadow started to dance on it's own.

"Cool." Wendy said.

"My talents." Natsu said. "Include flexibility, athleticism, pyrokinesis, and possession."

"What's that?"

"I'm so glad you asked."

He turned to Lucy and she became perfectly still. Then her mouth opened to speak but they heard Natsu's voice come out and say.

"Learn to throw your voice, fool your friends, fun at parties!"

"Get out of me you bug eyed creep!" Lucy demanded once she had control of herself again.

"Whatever you want babe." He said. "And just so you know you can posses me anytime."

She snarled at him and much to Wendy's shock, she tore off Natsu's head and threw it out the window as hard as she could.

"You're gonna regret this!" The head shouted.

"Oh my goodness!" Wendy gasped.

"Don't worry it happens all the time." Gray assured her.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"O...Kay...So Lucy what can you do?"

"I can summon up other spirits and I'm highly skilled in hand to hand combat." The yellow blonde said beaming with pride.

"Impressive." Wendy said.

"You know what I find impressive? The fact that you can see and hear us. How can you do that?"

"I don't know. I just can."

"It is very fascinating." Gray said.

"Should we tell Cana about this?" Lucy asked.

"Who's Cana?" Wendy asked.

"She's our case worker." Juvia said. "I told you about her earlier."

"She's the bitter, acholic undead woman who insisted that we all live under the same roof." Gray said.

"She's also a stone cold bitch." Natsu said once his body retrieved his head. "According to her it's a good thing that living can't see us."

"If we tell her that a human child can see us she might have us moved." Gray said.

"Oh no I don't want to leave. Not when we've finally found someone who can see us." Juvia said. "I don't like being invisible to the living."

"Hey no one said we had to tell her." Gray said.

"No. No. No we are not keeping this a secret." Lucy said.

"Why?"

"Because we...We just can't okay."

"Oh do lighten up. What Cana doesn't know can't hurt her. You could fill a book, a lot books with secrets I've kept from her and nothing bad has come of it."

"Exactly blondie." Natsu said putting his hand on Gray's shoulder. "You follow the rules too much. You need to relax, right Gray?"

"Don't ever touch me." Gray said tearing off Natsu's arm and throwing it aside.

"Was that really necessary?" Natsu asked.

"What can I say I don't like to be touched."

Wendy glanced over to the window and saw her mother's car pulling up.

"Uh-oh! I better get back downstairs before Mom sees I'm gone." Wendy said. "Don't make any noise and don't let her see you."

"She can't see us kid." Natsu said reattaching his arm to his body. "For some super weird reason only you can see us."

"Whatever just don't cause any trouble."

Wendy then walked out of the room, went down the stairways, through the dark corridor, and finally out of that strange door that led to the empty flat. She still wasn't sure if what just happened actually happened. But she could think of no other explanation for all this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4.1K 200
When Shi Qingluo, an agriculture expert, opened her eyes again after dying, she realised she had transmigrated as a farm girl in an ancient era. Her...
254K 39.1K 100
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
54K 682 40
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
34.5K 2.3K 56
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...