My Rebellious Mate.

By Maroon1479

RUSSO'S BOOK TWO! Lena is the like all the other Russo’s; she loving, funny, caring, popular, and of course... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Fve.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Epilogue.
Extra #One.
Extra #Two.
Extra #Three.
Extra #Four.

Chapter Twenty-Two.

65.2K 1.4K 114
By Maroon1479

"Darien, Darien, wake up.", Lena said, shaking Darien body. She was worried, he wouldn't wake up! He was still alive, but he was breathing hard. She was scared and worried for him. "Darien, please.", she said, tears slipping down her face.

She heard rustling and she looked forward to see her brother walking out of the forest.

Tears slipped down her face, "Help me carry him, please, Jamie.", she said. "He-he wont wake up, I'm scared.".

Jamie turned back and groaned, picking Darien up, "Damnit, Lena, I thought you said you were going home!".

"I was, but I heard him and I ran. Joey Wright and some of his friends were beating him up and-"

"Please tell me you didn't harm them or anything.", he said as he turned and they walked quickly towards their house.

"Of course not.", she said. "I just pulled one of them off him and they all ran away. But Darien saw me change back and he then fainted.".

"You probably did that.", he said. "Lets just hope he thought he was imaging things.".

"He knows, Jamie. He is soon, I'm not keeping it from him anymore. I mean, he's going to start questioning me anyways.", she said. "God, I hope he doesn't hate me.".

"He wont.", Jamie said. "He's breathing, but it's hard. He's going to need a hospital.".

"I know.", she said. "Please let him be alright.", she prayed to whoever was suppose to be there. God, spirits, anything, let him be alright, she thoughtwatch his dangling head and was happy they were getting closer and closer.

Five minutes later, they got to the outskirt of the woods to their house. Lena grabbed her dress and through it as and she grabbed Jamie shorts as they hurried up the steps and Lena opened the door for him to go in through.

"Lena did something bad!", Jamie said and she glared at his back.

"I did not! I was helping him!", she said as her parents look at them in shocked as they got up from the coach and Jamie placed Darien on the coach. Lena through Jamie his short, going to Darien side. She sat on the floor and ran her hands through his hair.

"Lena, what happened?", her dad said in a voice she never heard him talk to her before but the boys. His voice was boss like and she hesitantly looked up at him. "I thought you to were going out for a run.".

"We were.", she said quickly. "But...but, we saw Darien in the woods and we left, but then I heard him yell and came back, finding four guys I go to school with beating the crap out of hm. Daddy, please, help him.".

"Why were they beating him up?", her mom asked.

Lena bit her lower lip, "Well, because, one of them like me and he was mad when I choose Darien over him.".

"What?", they both said in surprised.

"Mom, dad, we need to get help and-", she was cut off when she heard Darien groaned and she looked at him to see him moving his head and groaning in pain. "Darien, open your eyes. Your okay now.".

Darien slowly opened his eyes and turned his head towards Lena. She gave him a smile and he looked like he was about to go out of it again, "You were naked.", he said and Lena neck and face burnt red as he passed out again.

"Oh Lena!", her dad said. "Please tell me he didn't see you transform back.".

"I was trying to help him.", she said. "Sorry I don't transform back in cloths, they just end up ripping off me.", she said in a 'duh' way. "Daddy, please, help him. He might have a concussion.".

Her dad signed and nodded, "Get his shirt off and put him on the floor.".

Wanting to ask why, she did as he said and took Darien shirt off as her dad left the room. She pulled Darien body to the hard floor and she looked down at him worried, wondering what her dad going to do.

A moment later he came back with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and her eyebrows came together, "What are you going to do with that", she asked.

"Skyler was always the one who'll get hurt and cuts, so this is how I would handle it.", he said, taking the lid off and kneeled down next to Darien, purring the alcohol on Darien's cut. A second later, Darien eyes popped opened and he yelled in pain, turning over.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!", he yelled in pain.

A grinned appeared on her dad face and he patted Darien's back, "He's going to be just fine.".

"Jesus Christ, what was that!", Darien yelled. "Did you purr acid on me or something!?", he yelled up at her father.

"Of course not.", he said, shrugging. "Rubbing alcohol and if you talk like that in my house again, I'll do it again.".

"Please don't!", he yelled. "That burns like a mother fucker!", he said as he breathed hard.

"I'll let that slid since I do know it hurts.", he said. "But I wouldn't move so much, some of your bones might be broken.", he said, helping Darien up on the coach and he hissed and groaned in pain.

"Where am I?", Darien asked, looking around until he settled on Lena. "Lena? How'd I get here?", he asked as he breathed hard. "And where is Joey so I can finish his ass!".

Lena sat back down on the floor next to the coach, "Darien, he's gone. You passed out and me and brother brought you here. It's where I live.".

"What?", he questioned, looking around again as he breathed hard. "A-a-a wolf, I swear, I saw a wolf and...and...".

She smiled, "And what, Darien?".

He stared at her for a moment, "No, it's couldn't be possible. I was probably just losing my mind for a moment.".

"No, tell me.", she said.

Her mom put a hand around Lena's arm, "Lena, his head probably hurts and making him think so hard wont be good.".

"I thought I saw the wolf transform in you.", Darien said. "I-I must have been to guilty about earlier and my head was making me see things.".

She smiled bigger, "Darien, I have to tell you-"

"Lena, can I have a talk with you?", her father said and she looked up at him confused for a moment before looking back at Darien, "I'll be right back. I'll grab you a glass of water on my way back.".

He just nodded and she got up, following her father out into the kitchen.

"What's wrong, daddy?", she asked.

"Don't tell him yet.", he said and she looked confused. "He's just gotten the crap beat out of him, finding this out isn't going to help. He's needs to rest and in the morning, we'll get him to the hospital. He doesn't have a concussion, so he'll be fine.".

"But daddy, I have to tell him.", she said.

"No, Lena.', he said. "It isn't the right time, you can tell him tomorrow night when he's better and have a clearer head. Believe me, it's the right things. I am your dad, I know what's right.".

She looked up at him, not liking the idea. But he was right, he was like her dad slash alpha until she has her own family and she has to do what he's says. "Fine.", she said, grabbing a water bottle from the fringe and left the kitchen.

She went back to kneeling next to Darien and helped him drink the water bottle. He coughed and dodged over the end of the cough, coughing hard. Lena patted his back, "It's okay, your okay.".

"I-I have to call Ash!", he said quickly, trying to get up, but Lena forced him back down on the coach. "He-he's probably worried sick about me and-and-"

"No, Darien.", she said. "I or my dad will call him and let him know your staying here for the night. You need to rest. But Darien, why were you out in the woods?".

"Why were you?", he asked. "I was just taking a walk, why were you out there? And why are you wearing a dress you should only wear in the summer? Jeez, what is up with you Lena?".

"I can explain it all later.", she said.

Her father came back into the living room with a bottle of pills, "Here, take these. They should help with the pain since one of my son Scott was in an accident a couple of years back, but lets just say, he heals quickly and there some left.".

"Give me five of those.", Darien said and Lena rolled her eyes.

"Your getting one, their strong.", he said, handing one to Daren who quickly took it. "Lena, get him wrapped up with some band aids and I'll call his cousin. Your going to the hospital straight at dawn, boy.".

"No!", Darien yelled. "I'm fine, I swear. I've been beaten worse then this, believe me. I'm fine, I can deal with this little pain.".

"Your crazy.", Jamie said, snorting.

"Darien, you need a hospital.", Lena said to him. "You look pretty beat up and that just worries me more.".

"I'm not going.", Darien hissed between his teeth. "Ive been in many gang fight, this is nothing. Try getting beat with a gun, they hurt. I'm fine, a few cuts and bruises are not going to kill me. Just give me that bottle of pain killers and I'll be fine.".

"Oh, I'm sure you'll want these, but your not getting them.", her father said. "But hey, you don't wanna go to the hospital, not my decision, but I think your cousin will have a say since your only a minor.".

"Sleep is all I need, serious.", Darien said.

"Your so stubborn.", Lena said.

"I'm not going, people die there.", he said.

"Is that what your worried about?", she asked.

He snorted, "Of course not, but I'm not going. Actually, I just want to go home now.", he said, trying to get up with a pain looked and Lena rolled her eyes, pushing him back down easily with one hand.

"Your staying since you can't even move a muscle without being in serious pain.", she said.

"These pain killers are starting to work.", he said. "I'm fine.".

"I don't care if you were a one hundred percent okay, I'm not letting you walk out that door.", she said. "Tell my dad Ash's number and if you still don't want to go to the hospital in the morning, Ash can come and pick you up. Sound better?".

"Do I have any other choice?", he asked.

She shook her head, "No, not really.".

He sighed, "First day back at school and turns to shi--crap.", he said when Lena's dad narrowed his eyes on him.

"Just give my dad Ash's number and I'll help you up to the guest room.", she said.

After giving her dad Ash's cell phone number, she put an arm around her shoulder and pulled his dead weight body up from the coach. Her groaned in pain and he wasn't any better getting him up the stairs. When they got the guest room, Lena quickly remember her brother Scott and Abigail always in here. Of course things have changed in here like it wasn't so much of a girls room anymore, but a normal plan room with a bed, tv, and other little things.

She sat Darien on the bed and he was breathing hard, "Their working now, huh?", she questioned and he glared up at her. "Just give a few more moment. I'll be back.".

"No rubbing alcohol.", he said and she grinned as she walked out.

When she came back, she came back with some warm water, gauzes, and Neosporin. She sat next to him and wiped the dried blood after his chest and face with the wam water. He just sat there, a mean blank look on his face.

"Why do you always look like that?", she asked, cleaning him off still.

"Like what?", he asked.

"Like this,", she said, mimicking his mad grumpy face. "And you always look like that even when your bored.".

"Guess my face just got stuck like that.", he said. "You know that old saying moms says to children with their mouths open, their faces could freeze like that forever.".

"I think you should smile more.", she said. "I love your smile.", she said, then wanted to take it back before he tells her to go away or anything. "Sorry...".

He took her wrist and moved her hand, "Your to gentle.".

"I take it after my mother I guess.", she said. "You seen my father, a hard ball.".

"Your like him to.", he said. "Just more gentle then him. My mother was like that, maybe that's what got her killed.".

"Darien, no it wasn't. She was in an accident because of some low life piece of crap.", she said. She took her wrist out his hand, "Now let me finish before your cuts get infected.".

He let her finish and when she was done, she left and got him some cloths to sleep in. He was about Scott size who he left some of his cloths here. She walked back with a white t-shirt and a black flannel pants.

She walked over to his side and placed it next to him, "I think they should fit-"

"Your not normal, are you.", he said, looking up at her. "Your eyes change color and your body temperature, it way to high. I mean, who could walk around in this weather with a sun dress? Your body strength could match mine, maybe more when you look about a hundred and twenty pounds.".

"What are you saying, Darien?', she asked. "You think I'm some freak?".

"Like I said, your different and you've been keeping a secret. I told you everything, why can't you tell me yours.".

"I did tell you.", she said. "You walked away.".

He looked up at her for a moment before looking away, "I was scared. You don't understand.".

"Then explain it to me-"

"People leave!", he said loudly. "My whole life, people left me alone in the dark!".

She groaned and through her hand up in the air, "Stop with all that moody crap, Darien! You have people who love you now and all your doing is pushing them away now!", she yelled at him and he looked up in shock as her eyes watered up. "Your pushing them away now with this attitude of yours and really, I'm sick of it! Your so paranoid about no one loving you again when I admitted I do! And you don't want to say it back because your scared?".

"Someone always gets hurt-"

"Not me though!", she said. "No matter what happened with us, I'm going to be there for you but your just to blind to see that! I'm never going to leave you, Darien! My family wants to be there for you, they could be your family to if you just accept it".

"I'm leaving town.", he suddenly said.

She looked at him shock and had no words, afraid to speak and she might start bowling her eyes out. "What?", she asked, not strong enough to hold it back.

"I can't stay here.", he said. "It's to dangerous, your dangerous, Lena.", he said and she broke harder. "I don't want to fall in love.".

"Then you might as well been the one to kill me then.", she said, turning around and ran to her room. She slammed her back against her bedroom door and slid down in, hiding her face in her hand as she cried her heart out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 23.4K 40
Book One of the Werewolf Keeper Series. Alpha Lewis has found his mate, but no one warned him just how infuriating she would be. Keeping Lauren alive...
16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
259K 12K 31
Emma's entire life changed the day her father died. Birds began to follow her and as she grew up, she learnt to rely on herself and trust no one acce...
1.1M 30.3K 55
"No no no no this can't be happening!" I say. "Dude chill, what's wrong?" asked Ben. "No she can't be why her, out of every girl there is of course...